It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UFO Conference Promoters Do Little to Promote Serious Investigation

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   

ImpactoR
reply to post by JadeStar

Thanks, I am still choosing my purpose in life. For Astronomy I've read all it can offer you is either becoming a teacher/professor, doing stuff in the observatory plus the regular scientific work, and that for little money (I think). Anyway astro-biology seems a good idea to look into, since it is more related to life outside, not just some calculations of the stars, their spectrum of light and things like that. If I were to be in pure Astronomy that would be planets but in a combination with studying life sounds more worthy. Either way, these fields do not offer much for a living, too bad tho.

One does not go into these fields to get rich off of humanity.

One goes into these fields to enrich humanity. If that appeals to you proceed.

I can tell you this, if you really want it you can achieve it. That's coming from a girl who hated math. And sometimes...still does...lol.

And if you are going into Astrobiology you -will- do plenty of mundane stuff before moving into the interesting stuff. But to me even the mundane stuff if you look at it the right way is interesting.

Just 20 years ago studying stars like our sun was considered more mundane, the real action was in stuff that generated high energies like supernovae, quasars, neutron stars, black holes as well as massive O, B and A stars.

1995 the first extrasolar planet around a Sunlike star changed how we look at "boring" F, G, K and M stars.

So you never know, what you find uninteresting today might be very interesting tomorrow.
edit on 24-2-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

JadeStar

Ross 54
Looking over the list of those who spoke at the recent large UFO conference in Arizona, it seems a rather mixed bag. Some obviously have very dubious, unsupported claims to make, but this not universally the case.
Among the speakers was Dr. Jeffery Bennett, astrophysicist, who spoke on the scientific search for life in outer space. There was also Richard B. Hoover who has done work in astrophysics and astrobiology for NASA for years. Also Dr. John Alexander.

Jeffery Bennet - credible

Hoover and Alexander? lolz...... no way.

Shame Hoover got so wrapped up in the microfossil stuff. His extremophile work is pretty cool, and I hope he doesn't throw everything out the window.

What would a 'good' UFO conference look like, and what would we need in order to hold one? With teleconferencing, do we even need a physical location? Minimal costs, and we could invite people from all over the world. I'd really be interested in bringing in someone from China to speak on the phenomena there - we unfortunately have been working with a North American centered dataset for the past half century...

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
NASA has dismissed Richard Hoover's alleged discoveries of fossils of extraterrestrial living things in meteorites, maintaining that they are due to Earthly contamination. Hoover has responded that a general lack of nitrogen he has noted in the alleged meteorite fossils should not be the case in a contamination scenario. He adds that two of the five nucleobases, Thymine and Cytosine, are missing, though they should be present in the event of contamination from Earth.
Perhaps his line of thinking is mistaken. If so, it would be well to see an explanation of how and why he is in error.
edit on 24-2-2014 by Ross 54 because: added information

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Dr. John Alexander appears to have two main point he wishes to make on the subject of UFOs.
1.) That after considerable investigation, he found no massive government conspiracy to conceal information about UFOs. He maintains that, to the best of his knowledge and belief, there is no such conspiracy.
2.) In light of the UFO evidence that has been amassed, further scientific inquiry into the subject appears to be justified.
These seem to be reasonable, credible ideas from a fair minded, yet reasonably skeptical perspective.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

hellobruce

JadeStar
I have been looking closely at the prices and costs of these big UFO conferences and see a lot of money changing hands

You forget the purpose of these "UFO" conferences....

To make money for certain people, that is the whole reason for them!

There may be a problem with the grief people receive when they
report seeing aliens or saucers.

The other problem may be that there are so many hoaxers out there
that the truth gets lost within the factual reports and will causes most
people to loose interest.

Just one fake reported encounter given at a UFO conference could
bring into question all other reports of alien contact.

I would like to see the use of a professional administration of a lie
detector machine given to all people that make claims of alien
contact before they are allowed to speak at a UFO conference.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join