It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One of the cops who murdered Kelly Thomas, driven out of restaurant.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I just watched the video of the incident.
reply to post by philozofer

So did I. I just couldn't see any reason for the brutal violence from the cops. They should all be in prison. It was disturbing and hard to listen to him call for his father....and beg them not to kill him.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
First off, this ex-cop is scum, 2nd like someone else mentioned SoCal has nothing whatsoever to do with gangs, SoCal has been used for decades (SoCal Speed shops, etc.)
3rd there are a lot of good police out there putting their life on the line daily that are worthy of praise.
My son is a Deputy and he and his fellow officers are always appalled by stuff (like these officers) were involved in.
My son said, they have a rule even when a perp is out of control is to try to calm them and never use blunt force unless their life is in danger, they are even told refrain from taser use unless necessary as these are dangerous. Also, use only the amount of restraint necessary and treat them well, even the killers, always call them "sir" or "mam" and if they are large, put 2 cuffs on them (chained together to make them longer) before placing them in the car.
If a perp says they are claustrophobic, call for the Suburban (with more room in it) don't stick them in the small back seat!
It is hard for the police sometimes, here in south Phoenix a few years ago some gang members made a fake call to get a patrol car to come into a bad area (an area the police know is dangerous but they went without backup as they thought someone's life was in danger) these gang scum ambushed the patrol car and killed 2 police officers (both had wives and small children) for no reason other than to kill them! What a sad funeral with the officers children crying!
Bottom line, don't judge all police officers by this incident, like the Sheriff told the deputies, these cops were thinking they were the judge, jury and executioners and wearing a badge, working for the public gives you none of those occupations!
Thank God for the good police officers out there, especially those that turn in their own partners if excessive force is used!
(which happened several times here). My son had to arrest and book an off-duty officer that got drunk and beat his wife, he said as he was posing for mug shots he was crying as he knew his career was over! He told my son he would never be able to work in law enforcement again so my son said "You should have thought of that before!" The other officer that was there said "Some bad decisions were made, mainly your wife marrying you!"

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Cops are nothing more then thugs that are protected by the system.

That badge works as a shield to protect them from true justice.

-SAP-

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Jury of their peer's alright from the same precinct.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by philozofer

You are being way to kind to call it "excessive force"..its pretty much murder

Its nice to see the citizenry stand up.
edit on 18-2-2014 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I would die too if I lost a fight to that fat pig.
Even if my wounds were not fatal, I would die from the shame of allowing someone that fat and disgusting to fancy themselves a tough guy.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by wulff

Your son is a dying breed.

I almost have a tear in my eye at the thought that respectful police may still exist.

Give him props for me and tell him to pass it on to his like minded peers.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Orange County, California is my home county. Although I have not lived there for 2 years, I followed the Kelly Thomas case closely. I am a mental health and substance abuse counselor, so this hits pretty close to home in several ways for me. I was not surprised when the jury returned a not guilty verdict. Appalled, but not surprised. I am all to familiar with the political and judicial corruption of one of the most affluent counties in America. Regardless, I hope that Kelly Thomas' case will garner enough attention to spark a badly needed change. Before the verdict was handed down I wrote a 10 page paper describing how this case exemplifies the need for police officers to have mandatory training on mental illness. One thing is for sure, the Kelly family will file a civil wrongful death lawsuit and hopefully be awarded enough money to forever hold these sick cops accountable. And I'm equally glad to see that the people of Orange County wont so easily forget this heinous murder.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Anyone else notice it is almost always over-weight cops that use excessive force.

Maybe low self esteem causes this over compensation ?

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
A couple of years back a businessman who ripped off a lot of people not only got tossed out of a top restaurant by customers. But got a fat lip as well.

Actually thrown onto the gutter in front of everybody.

No-one was charged.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ExquisitExamplE

There are guys (and women if you believe the Chris Dorner manifesto) that join the force because they enjoy the idea of thrashing people and see it as an opportunity to do just that. Our culture is changing so much. Back in the 90's we feared the gangs, now it's the cops we have the real problem with.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
That thug with a badge deserves a lot worse than what happened to him in the restaurant, and I hope he gets it. Unfortunately, however, when things get worse, it will be pigs like this that will really be able to cut loose and do a lot more damage then.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by crankyoldman

crankyoldman
First, the jury verdict was based on the idea that Thomas did not die FROM the beating, but from something else. So, to make an extreme example: If cop A beats a guy and sends him to the hospital, but while there the guy dies from pneumonia contract while at the hospital, said cop is not responsible.

I know you're not arguing that the jury's decision was the correct one, simply pointing out the facts of the case. That said, the idea that he didn't die as a direct result of the beating inflicted by Ramos is patently ludicrous. You'd have to be a real piece of work to argue that had Kelly not run into Ramos that night, that he somehow would have still died.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
My god that picture is horrible, maybee one day someone will take out the trash..sick and i hope nothing but the worst for those hero cops..speaking of which where are all the police ball lickers?..the jury deserves nothing but contempt as well..maybee worse
edit on 19-2-2014 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Finally someone standing up to the cops.

These scumbags don't deserve to eat out on public.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

A civilized society does not remain civilized by ignoring the atrocities committed by those that are suppose to uphold the law. When those wearing the uniform of a law officer break the law and are acquitted of obvious crimes, shunning and refusing service is a merely laughable act.

In tribal societies casting people out (shunning) marginally worked. In reality, that's how many rival tribes were created - only to later make war with the previous iteration of tribes.

“The great lie is that it is civilization. It’s not civilized. It has been literally the most blood thirsty brutalizing system ever imposed upon this planet. That is not civilization. That’s the great lie, is that it represents civilization.John Trudell (Native American activist, speaker, poet)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I've said it before and I'll say it again.
There needs to be a police force who's only job is to aprehend crimal cops. An entirely different outfit that has powers of authority over JUST the Police, no one else, just them.

The police need to be terrified of them.

I'm not talking useless internal affairs I mean a bonafide, armed street walking police station occupying Men and women.

A rule that states that no police officer ever, at all, is EVER allowed to so much as make eye contact with these other police and any attempt to resist or run or fight back will be met with immediate and permanant reaction. ie: they will be shot dead on the spot.

Trust me, they'll behave themselves then.

I mean, most of you are scared of the police are'nt you?

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
When I see people react the way those people did at Denny's it gives me hope. It's exactly what's needed. I only wish the jury in this case had the courage that the folks at Denny's displayed.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Every single leo in North America should have to wear a camera that will record all interactions, for ours and their protection. This is critically important if there is to be even the faintest of faith in le again.

edit on 19-2-2014 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

If there is that much public animosity to him then he will spend many years looking over his shoulder. The judge probably didn't sentence him to jail as he knows hed be dead in a week there, if the imates id him.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join