It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One of the cops who murdered Kelly Thomas, driven out of restaurant.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+41 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

“Killer cops aren’t welcome here”: Cop Who Killed Kelly Thomas Driven Out of Restaurant.

Remember Manuel Ramos, the scumbag murderer ex-cop who said, “You see my fists? They’re getting ready to f**k you up” to Kelly Thomas before beating him into a coma?

Despite video evidence of the beating that ultimately led to Thomas’s death, an Orange County jury inexplicably acquitted Ramos and let him walk free. That jury may have been easy on Ramos, but it appears that citizens won’t be so kind.

Last weekend Ramos visited a Denny’s restaurant in California, about a mile from where the brutal beating of Kelly Thomas occurred. Customers recognized Ramos and began complaining about his presence.

Wait, this cop actually said the above to the victim and he was found not guilty???

I wish more people were publicly shamed, politicians, ex-Presidents, etc.

The shirt he's wearing says "SoCal". Reminds me of gang insignia.

Wouldnt be the first incidence of gang mentality displayed by cops:

"A word to the wise never get drunk and trip off of meds and call a cop a 'N' results broken jaw and criminal charges……WPD for life," wrote Officer Anthony Easterling, who is black.

edit on 17-2-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Surprising that someone hasn't walked up to him and put lead into his spine by now.. Wasn't too long ago when there would have been a line of people headed his way with that in mind..Justice will most likely catch up to him sooner or later though.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

I agree with everything you have to say except about the shirt. That is a massive clothing brand in CA and can be found in almost every clothing store from the mall to thrift stores.

Scum bag of a cop though, I can't believe he walked. Awesome to see that he is getting some heat for it at least. You would think he would have the idea to get out of town...

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Good for that restaurant!

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Reminds me of Southpark... We don't take too kindly to folks that like killing homeless people.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Clearly what they did to this guy was so horrific that they would be convicted, I assume people are afraid of them and the Denny's owner I hope will not have an accident, or his family.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
We need more! Bravo!
How great it is to see Americans show some spine!!
ENCORE!!!!!

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
The whole Denny's staff should have took turns spitting in this guy's food.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I just watched the video of the incident.

Absolutely, in my mind, without a doubt, it is clear that the officers used excessive force.

The man wasn't armed and seemed to be complying when an officer struck him with is button, after which the victim drops to the ground, gets tasered a multitude of times and kicked in the face by a mob of 6 officers.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Interesting things to ponder here.

First, the jury verdict was based on the idea that Thomas did not die FROM the beating, but from something else. So, to make an extreme example: If cop A beats a guy and sends him to the hospital, but while there the guy dies from pneumonia contract while at the hospital, said cop is not responsible.

Now. Does Ramos feel great because this quirk of "law" absolves him?

Do we all now accept Ramos as a cool cop because the quirk of law absolves him? Are we good citizens now supposed to treat him well, or should we all shun him?

Does the jury verdict concerning a policeman who beat a man to that extent validate his actions?

Ramos' police policy says everything is fine, and the court says everything is fine, so is everything fine?

The family can still sue Ramos under civil law, which, a civil jury will not be so forgiving.

How did we get to the place where that kind of violence toward another is simply a matter of policy? Meaning: policy (police=policy) says a beat-down is okay if you think it is necessary during your duty. But a beat-down is not okay for anyone not covered by this policy, as they are covered by criminal law, which is a separate policy. Policy enforces are not covered by criminal law or humanitarian moral codes but by policy created by policy creators.

Two rules, one human? In fact, it would seem we are not at all equal under either the law or any other measurement. Why is it that policy enforcers are not subject to the same moral guidelines as the rest of us - and "because there job is dangerous" is not a reason but an justification which is well different.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

rupertg

and a little fecal matter while they are at it.....

good for the people ousting that murderer,more people should stand up to this behavior and i am glad to see this happened here,in cop shops they have photos of wanted criminals perhaps in public places there should be photos of corrupt police with warnings attached for the public

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Discrimination! And b-b-bigotry! UuAAUuaagh!
Oh uh, wrong thread. Yeah, good thing the owners have the right to refuse service.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
The fact that this scum walks free to this day is unsurprising. These so-called "Peace Officers" pretty much have carte blanche to kill whoever they like for whatever reason they like whenever they like, and the most that will happen to them is they will lose their job, if that. That may sound hyperbolic, but if you've ever seen the Thomas Kelly tape, you'd know that it's so close to the mark it might as well be truth.

This Ramos guy looks almost exactly like another LEO I ran into when I had to go to small claims court; he was running the metal detector and scanner. I put my keys through the x-ray, and they noticed I had a small pocket knife on my keychain. The Ramos-looking guy tells me I cant bring it in, which is of course completely understandable. I ask him if I can leave it with him and pick it up on my way out? He glares at me and says "I can throw it away for you." I looked at him again, and at that point, I could practically smell the contempt and inner hatred and anger that this guy was exuding. It was very unpleasant. I ended having to go outside and hide my knife in a bush because this dude wouldn't hold onto it for me for an hour. Ugh.

Anyway, I only bring it up because both of these guys (Ramos and the LEO I had the displeasure of running into) have this roiling undercurrent of anger and contempt for others, I imagine the guy I ran into would have loved to hurt me with impunity like Ramos did Kelly. People like that are flat-out sociopaths who simply use their job as a convenient cover to feed their unsavory hunger for the negative energy that they generate by dominating people.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

rupertg

I agree with you for the most part, I'd just change one single letter of one single word...

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
This pleases me. Those cops were pieces of crap, beating that kid like that and making those sorts of threats. Just that cops behavior and threats to the kid should have gotten him suspended. I hope more businesses refuse to service this guy.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

rupertg

Sorry for the bad sound quality, couldn't find a better quality version.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Something else about manuel Ramos.
Both ears also look completely different.
You gotta look at his left ear.
I`ve never seen such a strange ear or is this a prosthetic ear?
Weird!

M.Ramos Pic.

edit on 18/2/14 by D0MiNAT0R 1OOO because: (no reason given)

Hint!
to make it immediately bigger
click in the Picture and then " Strg + Mousewheel "
edit on 18/2/14 by D0MiNAT0R 1OOO because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

crankyoldman
Interesting things to ponder here.

First, the jury verdict was based on the idea that Thomas did not die FROM the beating, but from something else. So, to make an extreme example: If cop A beats a guy and sends him to the hospital, but while there the guy dies from pneumonia contract while at the hospital, said cop is not responsible.

Do we all now accept Ramos as a cool cop because the quirk of law absolves him? Are we good citizens now supposed to treat him well, or should we all shun him?

Does the jury verdict concerning a policeman who beat a man to that extent validate his actions?

Ramos' police policy says everything is fine, and the court says everything is fine, so is everything fine?

The family can still sue Ramos under civil law, which, a civil jury will not be so forgiving.

How did we get to the place where that kind of violence toward another is simply a matter of policy? Meaning: policy (police=policy) says a beat-down is okay if you think it is necessary during your duty. But a beat-down is not okay for anyone not covered by this policy, as they are covered by criminal law, which is a separate policy. Policy enforces are not covered by criminal law or humanitarian moral codes but by policy created by policy creators.

Two rules, one human? In fact, it would seem we are not at all equal under either the law or any other measurement. Why is it that policy enforcers are not subject to the same moral guidelines as the rest of us - and "because there job is dangerous" is not a reason but an justification which is well different.

And sadly, because I'm a black belt in Taekwondo, I can be charged with assault with a deadly weapon if a person is harmed while defending myself. To different standards in our society and it needs to change!

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I think what happened in this case was atrocious and can best be shown by the fact he was actually charged with 2nd degree murder for the extreme case the Orange County D.A. thought this made for. This was the case, for those not registering right away, Anonymous went to war with the Fullerton Police Department over in the early days following the killing.

CNN's Coverage

I don't wish any harm to come to the man out of general principle and the desire to see a civilized society remain civilized ..despite some members we must endure having within it. However, I see noting uncivilized about refusing him service and I hope he comes to find Southern California a tough place to get served in.

Even among police abuse cases, this one was particularly clear cut and over the top for being wrong, IMO.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

reply to post by crankyoldman

I have no idea how he feels....nor do I care.

Are we good citizens now supposed to treat him well, or should we all shun him

I think he should be shunned. If we can't get justice from the system....then public justice is the only recourse. I might add that if citizens were good....they wouldn't have stood by and watched the police beat that man to death.

No. It does not. Just as it is not legal for Obama to order the execution of US citizens.....just because he says it's legal. The law is being perverted at every level of government right now. All hail King Obama!

I would take issue with that assesment. A man ended up being beaten to death....no matter what way you cut it....not a positive outcome.

Oh....I certainly hope so. I hope they leave him living in a box. Take them for all they are worth.

In closing...there is no equality in the law. If you are rich....you can pretty much do anything (see AFLUENZA). If you are poor you're off to corporate prison so you can make profits for corporations.

I blame this squarely on ther continued militarization of our police forces....and every army needs an enemy, only in this case....that's YOU. This type of behaviour from our police officers is only going to get worse. They have been emboldened by all the recent findings of "not guilty" in similar cases where the police were clearly at fault. The cops have become the new Untouchables.

Makes me sick.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join