It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for a new Empire/city Building game but in vain

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Starcraft 2 is an RTS but still one of the greatest games ever made. If you liked the old Red Alert or C&C series, this is the best one yet.

Some feedback on whatever you end up playing would be welcome too, there's so much crap out there these days that a recommendation goes a long way!

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

The only game I have on Steam that is heavily modded is my Civ game, and I didn't have much trouble until I started getting a lot of mods, then the rate of new additions was hit or miss.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I'm a huge strategy/city building gamer, here's my favourites that I've played a bazillion times:

Caesar IV
1701 AD
Tropico 2 - Pirate's Cove
Tropico 3
Children of the Nile
Age of Empires 3
Age of Mythology
Space Colony (good comedy in this one)

And some silly Tycoon games I've actually enjoyed playing:

Rollercoaster Tycoon 3
Zoo Tycoon 2
New York City Tycoon

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

The makers of the online game "Settlers" are launching their new game right now. It's called "Anno Online". Lots of city building and strategy.

Anno Online English Site

(Other country sites available.)

Have fun.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Play X3 Albion Prelude / Terran Conflict

I suggest you avoid X: Rebirth .... it's the latest installment but it's not a continuation of other X games .. it's a new Genre .. game blows.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
rome 2 sucks because they took out all the little details that made it a TOTAL WAR game.

it's a blasphemy to the series, every single one of them is better than RTW II but lets be honest you can see a decline once Sega got involved. I mean cmon Medieval total war 2 was arcadish. The start of the great decline. Empire was the last good one.

Don't believe me, go check the meta scores of all the total war games and see how they rank

I been checking out fallen enchantress... It's alright, it's like civ with heroes and uhh faries.
edit on 17-2-2014 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Beavers

Starcraft 2 is an RTS but still one of the greatest games ever made. If you liked the old Red Alert or C&C series, this is the best one yet.

Some feedback on whatever you end up playing would be welcome too, there's so much crap out there these days that a recommendation goes a long way!

I play SC2 for Mafia more so than the real game.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
If your running android try Galaxy on Fire 2 from fishlabs .. excellent graphics , alot to explore , build , good economy in it .. theres also two expansions .. a multi player version is also in the works .. tho will stick to the singleplayer one myself rather than put up with all the kids with mummy and daddys credit cards that are on multi player games.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Lysergic

Don't believe me, go check the meta scores of all the total war games and see how they rank

I actually don't do either.
I believe me after I play it myself and don't actually take other's opinions into consideration.
It's personal subjective anyhow.

I'll tell you I love tons of older games too.
If it's 'fun' it's 'fun', and I think every TW game is great in it's own unique way.

Video games are one of the few things Earth got right after all.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Wok, You can always go back and play the best one ever made, Age of Empires 2 (with the Conquerors expansion). Steam even has a new HD version that you can download. I still play it every now and then because it's a classic. Much better than AOE 3 in my opinion. ~$heopleNation

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

SheopleNation

Wok, You can always go back and play the best one ever made, Age of Empires 2 (with the Conquerors expansion). Steam even has a new HD version that you can download. I still play it every now and then because it's a classic. Much better than AOE 3 in my opinion. ~$heopleNation

Yeah I still play it.

Nah I just wish for a game with the realtic battles of total war, the epic scale of a Civ game and the city/empire building detail of the old ceaser games all with modern graphics........

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Yeah well it is a bit Atari when compared to the newer games.
~$heopleNation

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Although its an old game, Mount and Blade Warband has an economy, has 'empire building' and quite a sophisticated level of interaction with AI families, clans and so on. There is great combat and a real feel of literally building up from rags to riches.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join