It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dead Bankers and the ATS Cheering Section

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Do justice. Thou Shalt not Murder.

Perhaps we can add thou shalt not rejoice in murder too because rejoicing in evil is the same as partaking in it. Love of evil things is evil.

1 Peter 3:11
Let him eschew evil, and do good; let him seek peace, and ensue it.

Now, if we can quote the bible once more since we are in a bible quoting mood.

1 Peter 3:13
And who is he that will harm you, if ye be followers of that which is good?

Greed is an unseemly thing, and when you give your money away for love of greed to the hand of another, it is not robbery. NO ONE was robbed of anything, it not theft when you give it away, due to your own greed.

It is easy to use the greed of the person against them I am sure, but if those victims were followers of that which is good, and were busy eschewing evil things like their own greed, they would not have been investing in the stock market, whether through 401k's or not.

Ephesians 5:3
But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God's holy people.

If you call yourself a lover of God, then there cannot be even a trace of greed in you. Not even a hair's breath of it left. Don't worry, I do know from experience if God wants a thing for you he will make it so in you, just depends on how tough a skull you have I suppose how long it takes... lol ... mine was pretty tough I think.

As for your justice you speak of, yes, there will be justice in the end, all the way around. For the bible says:

Ephesians 5:5
For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure or greedy person-such a man is an idolater-has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.

Of this you CAN be sure. So, in the end, justice for the bankers, and the greedy people crying a river that they lost while gambling with what they could ill afford to loose.

All that said I will quote once more:

1 Peter 3:11
Let him eschew evil, and do good; let him seek peace, and ensue it.

I would say we could all use a bit more ensuing, and a lot less reveling in evil.
edit on 19-2-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

The Justice System is predicated upon a trial by jury of one's peers. The basic idea is to not place the decision in the hands of an individual's enemies, be they political or economic. Angry mobs are no one's peers. They're just angry, and there is no justice in them.

Yeah, I've heard that before, seeing that I was educated by USA, Inc. Let's see...that was Government 101, right?

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

I miss certain Purple Birds, been a few times lately I wouldn't have minded a chit chat.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   

MOMof3
reply to post by OpinionatedB

I don't think anyone here understands what I mean. When I was homeless, I was not afraid for myself, it was for the children. Now they are grown and I do not have that burden of another human looking to me for protection.

I am not dogging you. Wont do that, like you, I faced homelessness with my kids. I found a way to put it off some, but that was all I did, just long enough to get them out of the house.

I will pay for that choice for the rest of my life. You don't have anything to pay for, you did the right thing hon. I cannot say the same.

My kids and granddaughter are everything to me... everything. And I gave everything for them. So did you, and you went about it in better form I think.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Ah, I see. You somehow think this angry mob would be "special", then, and not follow the footsteps of all the other angry mobs - is that it? Why on Earth would you believe that? Isn't that "special"!

Please tell me what 'angry mob' you are referring to.

Here's a clue for you - I don't get all my info from your "media". I've not even turned on a TV in 3 months or so, and then only long enough to make sure it still works. Are you contending that mobs DON'T behave that way, simply because you've seen it "in the media" so it can't be true? I sincerely hope you never get disabused of that erroneous notion by the expedient of ever running into one in the real world.

Well, here's a clue for you, too - I don't get all my info from the media either. And why are you calling it "my" media? As for this question: "Are you contending that mobs DON'T behave that way, simply because you've seen it "in the media" so it can't be true?", the answer is no. So I hope I have that question settled for you, and I'm sure you are sincerely concerned for me.

If you really believe mobs act in ways contrary to mob nature, then yes, they ARE your "noble savages". Theory is a wonderful thing - until it crashes into reality and gets run off of the track thereby.

I don't think you want to know what I really believe about any of this. Because that would require you to talk *to* me instead of talking *at* me and *down* to me, and to stop accusing me of things and to stop chewing my a** for one second.

It's not a matter of what I do or don't know, it is, as another poster has pointed out, a matter of what I do or don't care about. I don't care about what banksters do - I don't deal with them. I don't need to know anything about bankers at all, certainly not as much as I do know. Your efforts to paint me as an idiot or ignoramus are destined to failure, but do as you will. Cheering the death of another IS rather personal, wouldn't you think? I guess maybe I now know the *only* thing I need to know about the cheering section as well, eh?

Well, good for you, you don't deal with them, although you're not saying that you never have, either. Your indifference to those who have is evident, along with the "blame the victim" mentality you share with the OP. You're worried about mob mentality? Like your mentality is all sugar and spice? You're all daggers and pitchforks with anyone who doesn't see things exactly the way you do. And for the record, I am not part of the cheering section, and I have not cheered a banker's death. I had never even heard about any bankers dying or any of this until I saw this thread. I don't even have any reason to believe they are really dead.

The only thing this thread is about is "blame the victim". Well, I don't believe such nonsense and neither do a lot of people.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   

OpinionatedB
reply to post by Expat888

Most of the people complaining, are not like you.

Most of the people complaining are the one's who played the game and are jealous of the hand of others so they call for their murder, and revel in bloodshed.

And, while you may be different than most, does not make my words less true for everyone who partakes in society...
edit on 18-2-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)
its human nature .. what most fail to realise is we come into this world with nothing .. when we leave this world we take nothing with us .. what matters is trying to make the world a little better while we're here .. money and material # dont mean a damn thing never been impressed by it and never will be .. never have celebrated any death as all life is valuable .. do admit have broke down on occasion over the deaths of children .. but also am realisticand admit there are those whom the world is a better place with them gone from it. Maybe one day humanity will outgrow the idiocy ... if they dont wipe themselves out first with their idiocy .. english making my head hurt again time for a break to enjoy a nice evening and bit of fishing ..

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I believe these bankers have been murdered and more will probably die, but it isn't a serial killer. Maybe some did commit suicide by being given no other option. So what is the reason? Are they privy to an upcoming upheaval in the financial sector and were involved in it? Are they being eliminated as a cover up or to scare others into silence?
I'm waiting( and hoping) for high placed Bilderbergers to start making the big leap.
And while we're on the subject of particular industries having people become unglued, have you noticed that former child stars are going completely insane? Particularly ones affiliated with Disney.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   
So people here are justifying cheering over the deaths of people who they do not even know. I bet each and every one of them would be more than happy to replace the vacancy if they were offered the lucrative post. The fact that you cheer over someone's death just proves that you folks have lost the moral Authority to whine and cry about "Evil Bankers" . Heck...whats the difference between you and the Bankers , both seems to be cheering over each others Deaths and the person doing the killing is also probably surprised by the moral support he is receiving from the Internet.... Hypocrites

edit on 19-2-2014 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Sremmos80

I completely agree. I've always been baffled by the fact that these pieces of paper are given the ability to decide a person's quality of life because that's all they really are... pieces of paper. I read that beans were once used as currency...

For several centuries in pre-modern Latin America, cacao beans were considered valuable enough to use as currency. One bean could be traded for a tamale, while 100 beans could purchase a good turkey hen, according to a 16th-century Aztec document.

Smithsonian Mag

Be it pieces of paper or beans, to me it's still just an imagined value that I have to pretend exists. It's silly really, but that's life.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   

have a lovely day fishing!!

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Joneselius

At your remark about the banker waving a ten pound note from his ivory tower I have to say that as an EX banker who was at the Bank of England last time the protesters turned up I was in that 'ivory tower'. It was a sublime experience but no one (this time) waved any notes of any denomination or coins.
All the staff knew who was outside and they were peering through the windows and were quite nervous.

Whereas me? I didn't give a sh*t, I simply opened the doors and stepped out onto the veranda, a few brave souls followed me but tried to hide behind the pillars as I agreed with the protesters ( I still do) ( I hate banks but it was a job).

Anyhoo back to the story, one of the protesters spotted us and starting chanting 'Jump, Jump. Jump' and waving at us in a beckoning motion.
Needless to say my sarcasm took over and I started calling and beckoning back saying "Fly Fly FLY", they didn't though.

I know some dirty secrets of what the Bank staff got up to, what accounts were held and such other little secrets that I can't talk about as much as I want to. If the need called for it and my moral compass needed it I would disclose, but to be honest, this particular bank is on its dying legs and now owned by the Rockefellers even more than in the past now they have a new boss.

Its only a matter of time before people did anything.

As previous posts say that some bankers ARE there simply to have a job to support their families and most are brilliant and really nice people but to them it IS just a job, I fell into my role there but it ended when they did some pretty nasty practices, nasty enough to kill a colleague who they KNEW to have a heart condition but it didn't stop them doing what they did.
Of course the ones we are all praying for to get their come-uppence are the ones that actually make the policies, and are the corruption that is the problem not the ones that will pay the price, and for anyone to try and use the argument of " they were following orders" or " they are as guilty as the rest" is a weak argument at best, cleaners and engineers work in banks as well, are they as guilty as those that make policy? or collect huge payoffs, erm I mean bonuses?.

Any life lost is a shame no matter who it is but as the quote goes " There are those who die that deserve to live and those that live who deserve to die", and usually the ones that die are not the ones to blame.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I have never cheered the death of anyone. Not even my worst enemies in the ghetto, growing up. It's doubtful I ever will. Nevertheless, please put me on the side of the cheering section, since you're so concerned with dividing the wheat from the chaff. I would rather be lumped together with them, than to stand with anyone defending those who make Hitler and Stalin look like choirboys.

As far as I'm concerned, blaming the victims of these creatures, is no different than cheering the suffering and deaths of millions who have suffered and died as a result of the actions of those who pull the reigns in the banking industry.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

It's not about taking sides, its about finding the truth instead of being happy about what is happening because it just so happens to be the guy you dislike. When it's your turn, wouldn't you rather people looked for the truth? It is never okay, just because its the other guy... its always just as likely to be us next.

Ok?

That said, I think I just figured it out... or at least something just occurred to me. I will try and post later. It's important. I'm gonna talk to someone, see if I might be right.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

It's wrong to gleefully celebrate death.

But there is no point trying to flip the blame back to voters, yeah they messed up, this is true.
But the Bankers activly took advantage of a situation to use people in an unfair unjust and inhumane way. That's pretty much the definition of evil.

But yes. Enough with the bloodthirsty baying for death people, it's barbaric.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

NVM. That was probably just a stupid thought...

Sorry...

Hope everyone has a lovely evening.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

hellnotes

The Justice System is predicated upon a trial by jury of one's peers. The basic idea is to not place the decision in the hands of an individual's enemies, be they political or economic. Angry mobs are no one's peers. They're just angry, and there is no justice in them.

Yeah, I've heard that before, seeing that I was educated by USA, Inc. Let's see...that was Government 101, right?

Could be - I really don't know. I never took Government 101, so I've no idea what it covers. What I know of it was covered in Criminal Law and Constitutional Law courses.

Still, it answers your question of "who is qualified to judge any one for any thing, given that we all have a dark side". Peers. Peers are qualified. In the plural, so that not any one "dark side" gets to make the determination.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

hellnotes

Please tell me what 'angry mob' you are referring to.

Just pick one, any one. Any of the angry mobs that have their genesis in angry rhetoric and the celebration of personal calamity in strangers. The subject of the OP has just the right potential to form into such an angry mob. They will not be a kinder, gentler sort of mob, one with equality and justice for all, no noble savages only seeking to utterly destroy select "enemies". They will follow the same rules as any other angry mob if allowed to sprout.

Well, here's a clue for you, too - I don't get all my info from the media either. And why are you calling it "my" media?

Because you are the one who brought the media up, in an attempt to invalidate observation because it was "reported in the media". I still fail to see how that would invalidate it.

As for this question: "Are you contending that mobs DON'T behave that way, simply because you've seen it "in the media" so it can't be true?", the answer is no. So I hope I have that question settled for you, and I'm sure you are sincerely concerned for me.

Yes, that settles it. Thank you. I'm not sure why that line of thought was ever pursued to begin with, but since you've settled it for me, we can move on.

Yes, I am sincerely concerned for you. I really do hope you never find yourself on the sharp end of an angry mob. I wouldn't wish that fate on my worst enemy, and you certainly aren't my worst enemy. So yes, I care.

I don't think you want to know what I really believe about any of this. Because that would require you to talk *to* me instead of talking *at* me and *down* to me, and to stop accusing me of things and to stop chewing my a** for one second.

I'm sorry, but I've not chewed your ass. Anyone who has ever had an ass chewing from me (and there HAVE been a few - I'm no angel) will tell you that there is no doubt left in anyone's mind when that happens as to what just occurred. I apologize if you think you've been "talked down to", but that isn't from me - that would be your own perceptions at play. Likewise with "accusing" you. I've no need to accuse you of anything at all.

Well, good for you, you don't deal with them, although you're not saying that you never have, either. Your indifference to those who have is evident, along with the "blame the victim" mentality you share with the OP. You're worried about mob mentality? Like your mentality is all sugar and spice? You're all daggers and pitchforks with anyone who doesn't see things exactly the way you do. And for the record, I am not part of the cheering section, and I have not cheered a banker's death. I had never even heard about any bankers dying or any of this until I saw this thread. I don't even have any reason to believe they are really dead.

Well of course I've dealt with them before! That's plenty reason enough not to claim I never have, for that would be a lie. It's in those dealings with them that I learned NOT to deal with them, because it's a losing game. I DID turn the tables on a set of bankers once and make them eat their own crap, which may have been my crowning achievement in dealing with bankers, but that's the subject for another thread, I suppose. I I were ever going to deal with them again - which I'm not - it would be on MY terms, and by MY rules, since I don't like theirs.

I'm not "blaming any victims", because their ARE no victims here, at least none who have come forward. If they are "victims", they are victim to their own greed, which bankers and brokers took advantage of - but they couldn't have done that without the "victim" first exercising the greed, and putting themselves in a position to lose to begin with.

My mentality is not at issue here - I am not a mob. I do feel a degree of gratification, however, that you seem to think I could rate right up there with one.

The only thing this thread is about is "blame the victim". Well, I don't believe such nonsense and neither do a lot of people.

See above for my thoughts on "victimhood", and whether any are being blamed.

edit on 2014/2/19 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Congrats on gaining the ability to "go native" to the extent that English hurts your head now. Everybody ought to try that at least once - they might be surprised at how well they like it!

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
The loss of human life is never something to applaud or laugh about. However I don't know how anyone can proclaim that these were murders or that these bankers are innocent of anything. Remember what happened the last time there was a rash of banker suicides? 2008 ring any bells? To me it's a warning sign.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
You're right...the blame lies on the everyday citizen, not the government officials or bankers...I feel enlightened now...it's all my fault...the people in power aren't to blame...

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join