It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dead Bankers and the ATS Cheering Section

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Thank you for the kind words. Your husband is, of course, a genius. I present the fact that he had to good sense to marry YOU as evidence!

Advantage
reply to post by beezzer

Ive noticed over the years that many ATSers confuse lynch mobs with revolutions.

I've noticed over the years that a good many revolutions start out as lynch mobs. it usually goes poorly, and the end result is a government one would expect from a load of pissed off people who thought they were on the bottom and suddenly find themselves on top. Their perceived "oppressors" always suffer - from the french Revolution to the Russian Bolshevik revolution to Castro's revolution in Cuba right in to the Sandinista revolution in Nicaragua... not to mention the plethora of African revolutions in the twentieth century. Very few ever turn out right or beneficial. Just ask a Zimbawean how much better off he is now than he was as a Rhodesian.

That's the core problem with pissed off mobs that turn into revolutionaries.

Klassified
reply to post by beezzer

Lets hope it never comes to pitchforks and lynching mobs Beez. Though if it does, I hope people have enough understanding to go after the real criminals, and not everyone who has a hundred dollar bill in their pocket.

But that's not usually the way it goes. Targets are usually targets of opportunity, and no one is safe. Rather than releasing the =r ire on their original targets, whatever happens into their sights becomes a new target. One could ask Reginald Denney how that goes. If any organization occurs, the mob usually follows the angriest, simply because he is loudest and is therefore perceived as a "leader".

That rarely ever goes well for even passers-by.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

olaru12

Want Peace? Work for Justice!

I believe the actual quote is "si vis pacem, para bellum".

I para bellum my ass off. Better to just leave me in peace, and seek illusory "justice" elsewhere.

Otherwise, I won't be the only one reposing in peace.

It's not about the disparity between the rich and the poor; It's about the corruption and the arrogance!

No.

It is apparently about who gets to define what is "corrupt" and "arrogant". The general leaning is that asking people for their money and getting it is "corrupt and arrogant", but killing off folks who piss you off and taking THEIR money isn't.

That's a pretty sad commentary on your world.

In my world, it's just as corrupt and arrogant to throw your money away, and them piss and whine because it's gone.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

You might, but the mob won't care. Hate is such a useless emotion. Innocent people will get hurt, but I guess it won't matter if the evil bankers get theirs.

You (as well as others here) are speaking out of your fear and not making sense. If you can imagine an angry mob going out to kill people for being wealthy or successful with no ability or willingness to discriminate whatsoever, then you can also imagine a mob that knows the difference between right and wrong, and understands justice for the wrongs done to them.

The imagined ‘angry mob’ you speak of who is supposedly just blindly killing the wealthy or successful for no other reason other than that they are wealthy or successful, with no discrimination whatsoever, hasn’t done anything at all.

How about applying a little bit of justice to your own scenario here? You’ve imagined this ‘angry mob’ and been judge and jury yourself about who and what they are, etc. I mean, at least we know the atrocities committed by bankers and those in government, correct? That is something that has actually happened, not imagined.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

oblvion
reply to post by nenothtu

All your replies I have read are simply without merit at all, they wreak of apathy.

Luckily, you are not the sole arbiter of the merit of my thoughts. They evidently don't have merit to you, but I didn't expect they would. None of us like getting caught with our pants down in a financial deal, and it's all the worse when we are made fools by our own greed.

By the way, the word you are floundering for and casting about for is "reek", not "wreak". My replies reek of apathy, they do not wreak of apathy. Forgive my peccadilloes. I am but a poor ignorant hillbilly, yet I have a fair command of the English language. It pains me to see my obvious intellectual superiors such as yourself mangle it nearly beyond recognition.

What is "apathy"? I don't know, and I don't care.

You're right - I am apathetic in the matter. I simply don't care about the bankers, nor do I give a fig for their squealing "victims" - those who would not BE "victims" were it not for their own expectation of getting something for nothing by playing the bankers game, who then have the gall to squeal that the game was rigged. Looks like they would have known that going in, since it IS the banker's game, after all. They play the game, then bitch and moan when they lose, and want to kill the dealer. They fail to realize had they not dealt with the dealer to begin with, they would have lost nothing to him... yet they want to place the blame for THEIR OWN poor decisions on someone else. They fail to own their own responsibility in the matter, poor babies. For the record, however, I'm not wishing horrendous death on them, either. Like the bankers, they live a life of their own making whether they acknowledge that or not, and deal with the results of their own decisions.

Yes "oh my god the poor bankers, 6 of them have died and their extremely wealthy families now suffer more than anyone living in their palaces as they morn the loss of their bread winners, they only have enough money left for the trust funds of their next 26 generations, however will they survive?"

Hyperbole much? If you can quote ANY of that from me, I'll own it and eat it.

Without salt.

Where is your bleeding heart for the millions of lives broken by these swine?

I don't have one. No reason I should, regardless of your attempt to attribute me one. They made their bed, same as I do, and can sleep in it, same as I do, same as the bankers do.

You must have money or be wealthy, or at minimum never had to worry about eating tomorrow, as you dont have a single grain of understanding for what it is like to lose it all, otherwise your comments would be different.

Actually, I'm not, nor have I ever been.

This is me, and two of my sisters, in front of the cabin we were raised in:

This is my dad, plowing the garden in 1974 - we couldn't even afford a tractor:

This was my first car. I paid a grand sum of 400 dollars for it, which I had to scrimp and save months to acquire:

I've never, ever, during the course of my entire life, paid more than 1000 dollars for a car for myself. Wives have been a different matter. I've paid more for theirs. I have no car at all right now, and have not had one for 8 or 9 years. Don't want one, don't need one.

This is me, in a far away place a long time ago - early 80's or thereabouts, the place doesn't matter. I learned a lot about poverty there, too:

Same, mid-eighties. Lot of poverty there, too:

Things have not changed all that much, in a basic sense. This is me, a couple of years ago - look like a rich guy to you? :

As the OP mentioned, I couldn't respond this morning because I was in the shower - a "community" shower, shared with 3 other families who live on this floor of this building. It's a lot like living in Soviet Russia, but without the companionship of someone to talk to in bread lines. That shower itself, however, is a luxury to me. I've showered under water falls. I've bathed in rivers using the sandy mud from the bottom to scrub with.

I've gone DAYS without eating. I've had to eat whatever I could scrounge, and I don't mean in the refrigerator "scrounging", or whatever I could kill.

I now live in a very urban, very dangerous area - what you would call a "ghetto". You would cry yourself to sleep to see my block, or the way I live. I can give references if you like - another ATS poster literally begged me not to move into this neighborhood.

Not exactly "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous".

You, sir, have not the least clue as to understanding what you tell me I don't understand. Don't presume to tell me what my comments would be over a "grain" of understanding. I've lived it. I put my money where my mouth is. I didn't sit and whine and bemoan my station, comparing it to someone else's whom I hated because they had more than me. I've never hated anyone just for having more than me. I cannot fathom it.

You remind me of the OP bemoaning her child losing part of her trust fund.....LOL.....complaining about losing a trust fund? Seriously? 99% will never have a trust fund in the first place.

I'd imagine there's good reason I remind you of the OP. I'm married to her.

Go cry your tears for the greedy in their palaces, I will cry for the already broke made even more poor by the evil of these swine.

No you won't. You cry only for yourself. I cry for no one, not EVEN myself. "Greed" is not the sole provenance of the rich and famous. not all of "the greedy" live in palaces. I see it every day in the destitute, right here in my own neighborhood - and it's not because the rich are slumming here. it's the people who LIVE here I see greed exhibited in.

They can rot, I will not shed 1 tear if they all suffer, the regular folks suffer every day, they are welcome for the experience.

You could lose 50 grand? You have no room at all to talk to me of "suffering", or of "regular folks".

It is I find, to be most humbling actually, having suffered it myself a couple of times now.

Be humbled. Be VERY humbled.

Maybe you should try it, then and only then, can you judge others.

Uh, yeah... I only wish there were still an eye-rolling emoticon. Get back to me when YOU'VE tried it.

edit on 2014/2/18 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Who's justice? Define justice, please. There is corruption and arrogance at every strata of the economic scale. Having less does not make one innocent and pure.

With your logic and that of the OP and others here, then why do we have a justice system at all in this country? I mean what’s it for anyway, since we all have a “dark side” (as it has been pointed out numerous times in this thread), who is qualified to judge anyone for anything? Quoting you, if “there is arrogance and corruption at every strata of the economic scale”, then how can anybody judge anyone for anything, whether it be in a court of law or anywhere else in everyday life?

That being said, I can agree with your “Where does it stop?” question in a previous post.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   

I think we're talking about two different sets of victims here. I'm talking about average Joe who goes to work every morning to support his family. Joe that pays his taxes and fees to big brother every year. Joe, who just wants to live a good life. Joe, who's never murdered anyone. Who's never financed both sides of a war. Joe, who's never fleeced or conned anyone...

Who are you talking about?

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   

hellnotes

How about applying a little bit of justice to your own scenario here? You’ve imagined this ‘angry mob’ and been judge and jury yourself about who and what they are, etc. I mean, at least we know the atrocities committed by bankers and those in government, correct? That is something that has actually happened, not imagined.

Angry mobs have also happened - it is not speculation or imagination. I've seen them up close and personal, and they are exactly as advertised.

As I mentioned earlier, Reginald Denny also saw some angry mobs up close and personal. Although he had nary a thing to do with the Rodney King decision, he paid a hell of a price all the same, just for happening by the angry mob.

Your "Noble Savages", like those of Rousseau, do not exist.

There is no "justice", of any sort, in a mob mentality. There is only unreasoning anger... kind of like the folks cheering the deaths of other people they don't even know.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by hellnotes

The Justice System is predicated upon a trial by jury of one's peers. The basic idea is to not place the decision in the hands of an individual's enemies, be they political or economic.

Angry mobs are no one's peers.

They're just angry, and there is no justice in them.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

The justice you want, is justice for me, but not for thee.

It is lopsided and favoured for punishment.

There is nothing equal or justified about it.

Who gets to define what justice is?

The angry person?
The hungry person?
The wealthy person?

Who?

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

I'm not sure what you are talking about here - I don't think I've mentioned ANY actual victims of anything. I'm talking about self-professed "victims" who whine more than they DO. If they were a bit busier doing, and let go of the whining, and stopped laying the blame at someone else's doorstep, there might be no end to what they could accomplish for themselves.

Cheering because some banker got offed - whether by his own hand or another's - doesn't get much accomplished towards realizing their dreams, whatever those dreams may be.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Angry mobs have also happened - it is not speculation or imagination. I've seen them up close and personal, and they are exactly as advertised.

I never said they haven't happened, I said the one being imagined here has not happened. I was very clear.

As I mentioned earlier, Reginald Denny also saw some angry mobs up close and personal. Although he had nary a thing to do with the Rodney King decision, he paid a hell of a price all the same, just for happening by the angry mob.

I have one things to say about all that: "Are the cameras rolling? Of course, they are. Cut and print. Run it on television 24/7."

Don't believe everything you see in the media...even if they tell you that a bunch of bankers committed suicide...only "not really, it's serial killers", or whatever this thread is supposed to be about.

They are not "my" Noble Savages. Please don't put words in my mouth. I can speak for myself.

There is no "justice", of any sort, in a mob mentality. There is only unreasoning anger... kind of like the folks cheering the deaths of other people they don't even know.

It's too bad that you don't know that your government and the banksters (same thing) *are* a mob with a mob mentality. Whether people are crying or cheering is not an issue for me. And I don't need to know the bankers personally, I know what they've done to me and others and how they treat people, and that is the *only* thing I need to know about them.
edit on 18-2-2014 by hellnotes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

I don't think anyone here understands what I mean. When I was homeless, I was not afraid for myself, it was for the children. Now they are grown and I do not have that burden of another human looking to me for protection.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

beezzer

It is lopsided and favoured for punishment.

There is nothing equal or justified about it.

The angry person?
The hungry person?
The wealthy person?

Who?

How about the victims?

Jeremiah 22:3

Thus says the Lord: Do justice and righteousness, and deliver from the hand of the oppressor him who has been robbed. And do no wrong or violence to the resident alien, the fatherless, and the widow, nor shed innocent blood in this place.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   

beezzer

olaru12

beezzer

Klassified

Lets hope it never comes to pitchforks and lynching mobs Beez. Though if it does, I hope people have enough understanding to after the real criminals, and not everyone who has a hundred dollar bill in their pocket.

You might, but the mob won't care.

Hate is such a useless emotion. Innocent people will get hurt, but I guess it won't matter if the evil bankers get theirs.

Want Peace? Work for Justice!

It's not about the disparity between the rich and the poor; It's about the corruption and the arrogance!
edit on 18-2-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

Who's justice?

Define justice, please.

There is corruption and arrogance at every strata of the economic scale.

Having less does not make one innocent and pure.

I disagree with this entire quote.

When someone already has more than anyone needs to live well, steals, it is much worse of a crime than someone starving stealing to survive.

One doesnt have to look far to find the difference between stealing for survival and stealing for greed.

There is a stark difference,I thought you would understand this.

Justice is blind, if a man steals for food, he has stolen, he should be punished, this happens all the time,

Justice isnt blind, if a man steals for greed, he should be punished,this never happens, not ever!There is only one justice, it is fare and just, or it is not. At this time it is not. If your rich and commit any crime at all, even killing others, you have little chance of facing actual justice. If your poor and steal a nickel "justice" will be swift and harsh.

Justice is real, it is not applied today.

If the poor offend the rich , they are punished.
If the rich offend the poor 6 times over nothing happens.

This is the real world today. If you have X amount of money you can do anything you want. If you dont your going down hard, and without mercy,

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
i will be head cheer leader ye pomp poms and all

to the tune of the wicked witch is dead

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   

hellnotes

I never said they haven't happened, I said the one being imagined here as not happened. I was very clear.

Ah, I see. You somehow think this angry mob would be "special", then, and not follow the footsteps of all the other angry mobs - is that it? Why on Earth would you believe that?

Isn't that "special"!

I have one things to say about all that: "Are the cameras rolling? Of course, they are. Cut and print. Run it on television 24/7."

Don't believe everything you see in the media...even if they tell you that a bunch of bankers committed suicide...only "not really, it's serial killers", or whatever this thread is supposed to be about.

It's about people who cheer on death - and maybe even try to sweep it under the rug, because, after all, it's "only bankers", and the deaths are "only reported in the media".

Here's a clue for you - I don't get all my info from your "media". I've not even turned on a TV in 3 months or so, and then only long enough to make sure it still works. Are you contending that mobs DON'T behave that way, simply because you've seen it "in the media" so it can't be true? I sincerely hope you never get disabused of that erroneous notion by the expedient of ever running into one in the real world.

They are not "my" Noble Savages. Please don't put words in my mouth. I can speak for myself.

If you really believe mobs act in ways contrary to mob nature, then yes, they ARE your "noble savages". Theory is a wonderful thing - until it crashes into reality and gets run off of the track thereby.

It's too bad that you don't know that your government and the banksters (same thing) *are* a mob with a mob mentality. Whether people are crying or cheering is not an issue for me. And I don't need to know the bankers personally, I know what they've done to me and others and how they treat people, and that is the *only* thing I need to know about them.

It's not a matter of what I do or don't know, it is, as another poster has pointed out, a matter of what I do or don't care about. I don't care about what banksters do - I don't deal with them. I don't need to know anything about bankers at all, certainly not as much as I do know. Your efforts to paint me as an idiot or ignoramus are destined to failure, but do as you will. Cheering the death of another IS rather personal, wouldn't you think?

I guess maybe I now know the *only* thing I need to know about the cheering section as well, eh?

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Not true. Please don't lump me in with your imagined angry mob.

It is lopsided and favoured for punishment. There is nothing equal or justified about it.

That would be our government.

You asked this before and I replied to you, now you are asking it again. Why don't you just answer the question first? Why don't you tell us who you think gets to define it?

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
The reason that I'm in the 'cheering section' is because of how bankers, and many of the other elites, exploit people. When I had to buy my own place, I didn't want to have to pay a bunch of interest to some inhuman crooks just because they control the whole system, but like all people, I was bent over a barrel and had to. What they do is beyond evil and that is why I have such a lustful hate for them. This whole 'loan money with interest' system is straight from hell. It has caused human suffering and there is no punishment good enough for people who commit that crime. I wouldn't mind had they been fair about it, but they never are. A lot of Americans have awakened and see how corrupt this system is and it's not gonna last much longer before angry mobs start seeking them out and exacting justice on them. They even came up with, and control the credit ratings system. They have turned hard working people into slaves, it's that simple. Look at how these same demons from hell done coal miners by paying them in script and only allowing them to spend it in their stores. There was a battle because of it. That battle is where the term 'redneck' was coined. The elites even brought in the military on the coal miners. It's about to happen again.

edit on 18-2-2014 by Fylgje because: typo

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

It sounds an awful lot like you are talking about the Battle of Blair Mountain. That was fought over unionization, not simply script and company stores. My grand dad was a coal miner for forty years in that area, during that time. He never once lived in Company housing.

If you have the intestinal fortitude to be your own man, you don't need a mob to back you up, and you don't need bankers, either.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   

What is "apathy"? I don't know, and I don't care.

OMG... I damn near spewed my beer across my keyboard and I think I might have actually pee'd my pants a little reading this one simple sentence.

Sorry to take away (and cherry pick one little sentence) from the rest of your heartfelt post, but dammit nenothtu if you don't leave me in tears of laughter with some of your posts. Your ability to put pen to paper leaves something to be desired that the rest of us only wish we could do !

I saw what you did there... bloody hell.

Too funny !

... okay, back to your regularly scheduled program. Sorry for the interruption.
edit on 19-2-2014 by CranialSponge because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join