It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dead Bankers and the ATS Cheering Section

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   

OpinionatedB

The rest, I am sure he will reply to himself. I just didn't want to let that remain unsaid.

Indeed I will - and it will be a humdinger. There will be pics, because "pics or it didn't happen".

Not right now, though. I have to go earn my daily bread, and it's probably going to be a 12 hour day or so.

Later this evening, though, it's coming.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Personally, I disdain them all equally. lol.

I might agree with your solution, except for one thing. The system is broken and corrupt to the core. Intentionally so, in my opinion. You have as much chance of "firing" them all, as you have of seeing Nibiru in the night sky. Come to think of it, you better place your bets on Nibiru.

I will agree, and have said in the past, it is the people of this country that have the power, and the duty to change it. But they won't do it using the same corrupt system they've been living under. You can vote all day long. The flight destination isn't going to change. Tearing down this system, and rebuilding it from the ground up is going to take a very unorthodox approach.

Blaming the American people for the situation they now find themselves in, is like stoning a rape victim. Or putting every German citizen living in the 40's, on trial for the crimes of the Nazi party.

No, I feel no sympathy for these creatures. They have lied, cheated, stolen, conned, and murdered their way to where they are, and I won't blame their victims for the crimes committed against them. Nor will I defend them against an angry population that has grown weary of being used and abused.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Where does it stop?

We argue about an American Taliban member getting his day in court, yet anyone associated with banks is tried and convicted on ATS daily!

Where does it stop?

There is such an undercurrent of hate the rich here on ATS that it has become a slur if you are wealthy or successful.

Where does it stop?

Who is the jury going to be? Who gets to determine guilt?

The ones with the biggest pitchforks?

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Off topic maybe... but on this thread I have read a few amazing things. A few people I had overlooked in the past have caught my eye, and said some things that are truly underrated in these times. I would be very sincerely honored to know a few of you in real life because you are rare and.. well.. I agree with you. LOL! It was good to read this rant today.

Oh and as always.. nenothtu is my all time favorite curmudgeon. You remind me of someone I knew as a kid.. and eventually married him. Ill comment on something youve written to him or read him your post.. and he will say something to the effect of " yeah.. he's damned well right!".

I had the experience when I was younger that made me think about a few things. I lived in an area that experienced a SHTF scenario... even if on a microcosmic level... it was still horrific. I saw those who were "poor" and "hated the rich" disregard demands to evacuate so they could cling to their trinkets and baubles. Their crap and the crap they could steal from the dirty horrible "rich" was more precious than their own lives and the lives of their children or loved ones. They died surrounded by crap that means nothing, but hated the rich for having more and the sense to abandon their trinkets and choose a chance at living. I saw their bloated bodies in attics surrounded by junk that meant nothing. Hypocrites sometimes get what they ask for in the end. No one danced on their graves. We wept for their ignorance and absurd choices.

I dont personally feel anything either way for these bankers or their families.. good or bad. Theyre dead and the pattern is interesting. Id say look at it in some other way than over the top emotionally filled or stop twisting it to fit your own agenda/beliefs. If you take that away, you will see the killing of ANYONE for such petty things isnt just effectng the "rich"... it WILL trickle down to you. If you dont speak out and understand that the murder of those who you dont agree with or even hate is wrong.. then who will be your advocate when they come for you?

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Ive noticed over the years that many ATSers confuse lynch mobs with revolutions.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I'll be the first to agree that some people despise anyone who has an abundance of money and material wealth. Their disdain of these people is unjustified, and completely from ignorance. I can only speak for myself, but I have never had a problem with those in the upper class because of their holdings. My only problem is with the way they got to where they are.

Anyone who has made it to the top of the banking industry knows the game, and is as corrupt as the system itself. There have been examples in this thread alone of the atrocities committed by these people, whether directly, or by complacent association. There have also been examples of their attitude toward those of us they consider their victims.

So for me, it isn't about someones wealth. I applaud anyone who is successful. Whether it came from hard work, or winning the lottery. It's about the deliberate fleecing and murder of the people of this country, and indeed, the world.

Lets hope it never comes to pitchforks and lynching mobs Beez. Though if it does, I hope people have enough understanding to go after the real criminals, and not everyone who has a hundred dollar bill in their pocket.

edit on 2/18/2014 by Klassified because: clarity

edit on 2/18/2014 by Klassified because: grammar

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Klassified

Lets hope it never comes to pitchforks and lynching mobs Beez. Though if it does, I hope people have enough understanding to after the real criminals, and not everyone who has a hundred dollar bill in their pocket.

You might, but the mob won't care.

Hate is such a useless emotion. Innocent people will get hurt, but I guess it won't matter if the evil bankers get theirs.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
The entire system is corrupt and those who willingly participate in that corrupt system are not without blame, including you and I. That said, rejoicing in the death of any of our fellow man is just bad form. When Timothy McVeigh was executed there were parties and people holding candlelight vigils to celebrate. It was a heartbreaking and distasteful display of humanity in its basest form.
Should we not strive to enlighten our brothers? If that proves futile, we can just contain them safely away from civilized and polite society. The way most people are responding (not just here on ATS either), it seems like civilized and polite society will have to secret themselves away from the insensitive, mindless masses of the population that rail on one another without understanding.
Let us not become beasts that tear and rip at one another. Let's strive for an uplifted humanity that does no harm to its fellows and humanely and sensibly deals with those who do harm to others.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Advantage

I had the experience when I was younger that made me think about a few things. I lived in an area that experienced a SHTF scenario... even if on a microcosmic level... it was still horrific. I saw those who were "poor" and "hated the rich" disregard demands to evacuate so they could cling to their trinkets and baubles. Their crap and the crap they could steal from the dirty horrible "rich" was more precious than their own lives and the lives of their children or loved ones. They died surrounded by crap that means nothing, but hated the rich for having more and the sense to abandon their trinkets and choose a chance at living. I saw their bloated bodies in attics surrounded by junk that meant nothing. Hypocrites sometimes get what they ask for in the end. No one danced on their graves. We wept for their ignorance and absurd choices.

I dont personally feel anything either way for these bankers or their families.. good or bad. Theyre dead and the pattern is interesting. Id say look at it in some other way than over the top emotionally filled or stop twisting it to fit your own agenda/beliefs. If you take that away, you will see the killing of ANYONE for such petty things isnt just effectng the "rich"... it WILL trickle down to you. If you dont speak out and understand that the murder of those who you dont agree with or even hate is wrong.. then who will be your advocate when they come for you?

Thanks for your comments, you make tons of sense... and what you witnessed first hand, is important. Greed is a quality who knows no class.

God bless you.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

My guess is that everyone forgot about the elections, I know that I'm ready to retire and become a consultant, and watch as a new cabinet is sworn in...

We'll have to ask Beezzer as he started it all to begin with..

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

vkey08

My guess is that everyone forgot about the elections, I know that I'm ready to retire and become a consultant, and watch as a new cabinet is sworn in...

We'll have to ask Beezzer as he started it all to begin with..

I asked to do another and it was denied. So apparently, these positions are life-long.

You're stuck with the titles.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

beezzer

Klassified

Lets hope it never comes to pitchforks and lynching mobs Beez. Though if it does, I hope people have enough understanding to after the real criminals, and not everyone who has a hundred dollar bill in their pocket.

Hate is such a useless emotion. Innocent people will get hurt, but I guess it won't matter if the evil bankers get theirs.

Want Peace? Work for Justice!

It's not about the disparity between the rich and the poor; It's about the corruption and the arrogance!
edit on 18-2-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
The human species is, without a doubt, the most underhanded/conniving/heartless/greedy/hateful/jealous/backstabbing animal on the planet compared to any other species we share this rock with. Every other species spends its time surviving and propagating for their betterment, while we humans waste most of our time living in the drama of trivialness.

... and then, at the blink of an eye, we can be the most loving/caring/sharing/generous/empathic species there is.

Unfortunately, there is more of the former than there is of the latter going on at any given time.

We are our own worst enemies.

... the more people I know, the more I love my cat.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

olaru12

beezzer

Klassified

Want Peace? Work for Justice!

It's not about the disparity between the rich and the poor; It's about the corruption and the arrogance!
edit on 18-2-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

Who's justice?

Define justice, please.

There is corruption and arrogance at every strata of the economic scale.

Having less does not make one innocent and pure.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

OpinionatedB
reply to post by Expat888

Everyone benefits from the hard work and blood of others. Everyone. You, me, everyone. Because no matter what you have, someone, some where, has given their blood sweat and tears for it to get to you.

The bed I sleep in, someone worked their ass off to make it.... but the fact that I bought it, gave them a job and perhaps means they ate.

Do you wear nike's? sweat shop.

It's all in the light you wish to view the world in.... People like politicians, lawyers, and bankers would not exist if not for the fact we give them the jobs through our world view.

We want laws? Gotta admit someone is going to step up and be a lawyer then.

Want a country? Gotta admit someone is going to step up and say they can help run it.

Don't want to carry all your wealth with you wherever you go or bury it in the back yard for someone to find and steal? Someone is going to step up and say they will take it off your hands and keep it safe for you.

Want to make more money while doing nothing? Someone is going to step up and create a place where you have a chance to do just that.

It is us who create the lawyers and politicians and bankers of the world... if not for us, they might have been the one to make the bed you sleep in.

The things I dislike are certain qualities in people, I dislike liars, but most lie... from the poorest to the richest. I dislike people who don't work for the things they want....but very few appreciate working, and everyone it seems tries to get out of it, from the poorest of them on up.

Hate the qualities that are abhorrent, but when you do you will find, qualities know no class and are not limited to those at the top of the food chain. Those at the top are just smarter.
edit on 18-2-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)
Spent most of my life in warzones and disaster areas putting people back together . When finally walked away from the cesspool people call "civilization" spent two years building my house by hand , put in gardens along with fruit trees nearby in the jungle , fish in river nearby as to shoes - made them myself from old tires . clothes got from trade with the local hmong villagers , power from solar panels as to government non existent out here unless you want to count the village elders as government.. one of my few concessions to modern tech my tab 3 was given to me by one of my adopted sons . I provide for myself as have done most of my life . So yes I Earned my attitude and look down on the parasites in the world who profit from the toil , blood and misery of others I live with nightmares of what Ive witnessed firsthand around the world putting people back together again burying the ones who didnt make it while the corrupt bastards profited from it all . I respect those who work for an honest living - farmers , labourers , builders etc.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I think we caused too much ruckus... maybe people who want to run should sign an agreement not to cause any ruckus's and promise to behave...next time

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

Most of the people complaining, are not like you.

Most of the people complaining are the one's who played the game and are jealous of the hand of others so they call for their murder, and revel in bloodshed.

And, while you may be different than most, does not make my words less true for everyone who partakes in society...
edit on 18-2-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

OpinionatedB
reply to post by beezzer

I think we caused too much ruckus... maybe people who want to run should sign an agreement not to cause any ruckus's and promise to behave...next time

I thought we behaved quite well considering...
Of course certain purple birds ended up getting booted but...

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   

beezzer

Klassified

I think it comes down to human nature "If something is wrong in my life, SOMEONE has to be punished!" no matter if this person or persons are the cause!
I lost my house in 2004 when Motorola laid me off, Countrywide Financial took advantage of knowing I couldn't keep up the payments and wouldn't even return my letters, they drug their feet till it was foreclosed on! They got a beautiful home with a pool and custom upgrades I worked 10 years to do!
Sure I resent it, but I can't name ONE single person that basically 'stole' my house and wouldn't even hear me! Later on I found out Countrywide was in trouble for doing this sort of thing, problem was I was one of their first victims and they were only compensating the recent actions! So who should I hate? The timing was off for me and I lost everything I had worked for!!
People in this thread has said "They (you) should do something about it!" well, I'm all for it but what can I do? Nothing!

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Klassified

Personally, I disdain them all equally. lol.

I might agree with your solution, except for one thing. The system is broken and corrupt to the core. Intentionally so, in my opinion. You have as much chance of "firing" them all, as you have of seeing Nibiru in the night sky. Come to think of it, you better place your bets on Nibiru.

Well, we likely don't disagree there. However, a concerted effort to do so would force the exposure of the charade. If everyone knows that no one voted for the office claimants, the jig is up, and the dictatorship is out in the open, where none can any longer deny it. The Emperor is then buck naked.

If that didn't get some crap rolling merrily downhill, nothing would.

I will agree, and have said in the past, it is the people of this country that have the power, and the duty to change it. But they won't do it using the same corrupt system they've been living under. You can vote all day long. The flight destination isn't going to change. Tearing down this system, and rebuilding it from the ground up is going to take a very unorthodox approach.

True, but I believe that forcing the exposure of the men behind the curtain would accelerate the process of building anew. Exposing the inner workings of any mechanism, beyond any possible denial of those workings, is the first step in tearing it down.

No, I feel no sympathy for these creatures. They have lied, cheated, stolen, conned, and murdered their way to where they are, and I won't blame their victims for the crimes committed against them. Nor will I defend them against an angry population that has grown weary of being used and abused.

I don't feel any sympathy for them, either, but that doesn't mean that I want to set them on fire and giggle as they burn. Furthermore, I feel no sympathy for their "victims". Greed is greed, and it's becoming increasingly obvious that it's not the exclusive provenance of the filthy rich. When people get caught in their own traps, of their own making, it's hard to say "Aww poor baby". The facts are that if these folks didn't exercise that greed and try to play the big boys games, they wouldn't get caught in the traps.

I did a good bit of trapping in my misspent youth. One thing I learned is that an unbaited trap doesn't catch anything. Likewise, any critter that forgoes the easy catch of the bait in the trap never gets caught in it. These "victims" are being baited with their own greed, and worse, in doing so they are feeding the very monster they claim to despise. If they failed to take the bait, and refused to feed the beast, things would go much differently.

Wouldn't a starving banker be a much more pitiful and gratifying sight than one afire? All the more so when the observer is all fat and sassy, rather than gaunt and shrunken as he watches his own "victim" squirm!

edit on 2014/2/18 by nenothtu because: messed up quotes

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join