It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dead Bankers and the ATS Cheering Section

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Hope that clears up YOUR confusion..

I’m not confused. Lolz. Hilarious.

I’m thinking you’re either serious as a heart attack or you’re a great comedian. Both angles have me lmao.

Either way…Again, it was just a potshot against the establishment.

By the way, Usa is in Japan, not Taiwan. And yes, I had heard of Usa before and how to pronounce it even.

I didn’t know you really wanted to get into a discussion about the remark. But isn’t that really off-topic anyway?

Same thing happened with Nenothtu though, when I made the remark and mentioned 'Government 101', I didn’t know he would literally start talking to me about college classes either! lol I wasn’t even thinking of college anyway…I was thinking of something more along the lines of something you would take in high school…maybe even grade school. It appears my remark has made quite a stir. Lolz…Seriously, some of this has just gotten to be too funny…even though I’m the only one laughing.

edit on 21-2-2014 by hellnotes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

I sign my check every two weeks. I get a check... kind of. My boss hands it to me, I endorse the back of it, hand it to him, he gives me my cash. Works nice!

Please tell me you don't work in a bank.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by hellnotes

Actually, I don't... I get paid in cash, but not under the table, this is how it works best.
edit on 22-2-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   

I don't know why you are laughing, many a person that has actually bought into that nonsense has lost everything, and spent time in jail for pushing the US is a Corporation BS...

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
No sympathy.
They have died so what? Bankers in general have ruined family's, toppled countries and caused deaths. They don't feel empathy when the people at the bottom lose everything and neither do i when they lose everything including their lives.

those who actually topped themselves through guilt (if any) should be commended for doing us all a favor. I dont buy there is a serial killer running around topping bankers in different countries either.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by hemogoblin

I missed the part where the OP is asking for any sympathy for the bankers, dead or alive. She was just commenting on the sick state of affairs that celebrates the death of another. It's not necessary to feel sympathy in order to refrain from reveling in blood and death.

For example, I don't feel sympathy at the execution of convicted murderers, but neither do I clap, cheer, and celebrate. They're dead. It's enough.

edit on 2014/2/22 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

EXACTLY! Sometimes it's necessary to put down a rabid dog, maybe even a beloved pet, but we do not elevate our status as human beings by cheering the death. Rejoicing in anyone's death is crass, classless, in bad taste and, frankly, a little sicko.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I didnt read the whole thread, as I can probably guess the content!

I think the whole thing is indicative of our current state of "trial by media."

If the people are portrayed as those the general public is supposed to be "against," they will become cheerleaders for any and all behavior.

We know nothing about the people who have been killed, but we do know a bit about the organizations. These are organizations that have existed for quite some time, and through it all, they have never been friends "of the people." Ever.

And yet, now, we are getting consecutive murders that are labelled as suicides by the media. That alone leads me to believe this is being done by people higher up in the chain, and significantly more dangerous. It also leads me to believe that those who were murdered were likely inspired by the current economic and political climate (not just a single whistleblower).

Given the media coverup, I am lead to believe the perpetrators of these actions are also feeding the media.

Honestly, it sounds like business as usual, with the small exception of trying to get people to cheer on the death of people that have only been "tried" by media.

Dancing to puppet strings...

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   

I never took Government 101, so I've no idea what it covers. What I know of it was covered in Criminal Law and Constitutional Law courses.

Now that I'm suitable impressed and mortified by your credentials, I'm not sure I've any business at all even speaking to you. Can I get you a cup of coffee or something?

Please excuse me now. If I don't hurry up, I'm going to be late for my remedial reading class.

Let me re-read it again... maybe my remedial reading classes are helping...

I probably don't have any credentials - at least I don't recall mentioning any here, so whether I have any or not is irrelevant. Merely having lived a rough life at times, or having slept through a couple of courses, can't even begin to compare to being degreed.

Yeah, you’ve made several digs at me about that. I see you have a problem with someone saying “I’m degreed”. But in my family, being degreed is pretty normal. So it’s really no big whoop. It’s hard to find a family member or a relative on either side of my family that doesn’t have a degree or two or three.

It doesn’t matter to me whether you have a degree or not or what your credentials are or whether you’ve been homeless, had a hard life or are poor. It may surprise you to know that I do know something about people who study criminal and constitutional law. And I still think you work for the government.

Yeah. I'm gonna completely dodge it again, too. It's reminiscent of a kid who keeps asking "why" to every answer you can give them, or reminiscent of a politician who asks what the meaning of "is" is. it's a question that should answer itself with a quick trip to a dictionary to find the definition of "peer". Since I'm sure you must already know what a peer is, then the question is merely a repetition of "why?"

That is so much bull. You just didn't want to answer my question because you didn't want to lose your argument.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Neno? Work for the government? HA HA HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

When he was running for Regent of ATS that was a smear campaign, one that was very very easy to get rid of..

---- The following was written as a member of Neno's cabinet, and with the full expectation that a full pardon for anything out of line will be given by our wonderful and benevolent Regent... I bow and cautow to thee... ----

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

lol... maybe it was the new duster I gave him that did it.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Well, mentioning a degree where I come from is bragging, which is why I never mention whether I've got one or not.Furthermore, no one I know mentions having a degree merely in passing - it's always an attempt to impress, and is always suspect as to relevance when they don't mention the field it's in. Most people I know also have toenails - it's pretty normal, really no big whoop, and hardly ever gets mentioned in discussion, unless they think their toenails are prettier than yours, and it's the only brag they've got. It just never has cause to come up otherwise because it's so normal.That was the reason for the digs at the mention of your degree (but not the degree itself). I just don't care that you have one, and would not care if you didn't. The smartest person I've ever met dropped out of school in 7th grade, and never went back. He had no degree at all, not even a diploma, but that didn't change the fact that he had a measured IQ of 192. Congrats on getting the degree, but it's not really relevant to the discussion at hand. Did I mention I was suitably impressed by your degree? Maybe we can get past that now...

The digs about MY remedial reading ought not to bother YOU, should it? It wasn't meant to bother you, and if I've hit a nerve, I apologize.

Now, as regards the government work, you may be on to something there. Several years ago I may (or may not) have dabbled in a government contract here and there, but I've not been on payroll with a GS rating or anything like that. I'm simply befuddled at the connection you seem to make between Constitutional Law and government work. Do you know someone - anyone - who works for the government at any level who has even the slightest clue what the constitution actually says? I don't. They're pretty well versed in Criminal Law, though - or at least the methods of skirting it.

Now then, in regards to your question, I've already answered it - if you are talking about the question of who is qualified to judge a person... and the answer certainly doesn't involve mob dynamics.

edit on 2014/2/28 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

CAUTION!

Mentioning that I have a "cabinet" might not be the best way to go about convincing someone that I'm not "the man" and that I don't work for the government...

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   

OpinionatedB
reply to post by vkey08

lol... maybe it was the new duster I gave him that did it.

I see what you mean... it may have been mistaken for a trench coat, under which a cloak and dagger may be hidden.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   

What, you don't like the fact you have all these women in your cabinet?

Are you ashamed of us all now?

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   

nenothtu
reply to post by vkey08

CAUTION!

Mentioning that I have a "cabinet" might not be the best way to go about convincing someone that I'm not "the man" and that I don't work for the government...

I DO work for the Government and I sometimes forget that ^_^ forgive me oh great leader...

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Well, mentioning a degree where I come from is bragging, which is why I never mention whether I've got one or not.Furthermore, no one I know mentions having a degree merely in passing - it's always an attempt to impress, and is always suspect as to relevance when they don't mention the field it's in.

It was not "merely in passing" at all. As for the context in which it was said, I think it was very appropriate. I was talking to another poster about the justice system and you jumped in and said to me: "The Justice System is predicated upon a trial by jury of one's peers. The basic idea is to not place the decision in the hands of an individual's enemies, be they political or economic." It just seemed very unnecessary to me at the time. Then you started talking to me first about what college courses you had studied, which sounded to me that YOU wanted to impress ME. So I said what I said. Maybe if I had said I'm 'even' degreed, it would have been better. But such are the limitations of talking on the internet. Nevertheless, I don't understand you getting so bent out of shape over it. Where DO you come from anyway?

There could be several degrees that would be relevant to discussing the justice system. But as for my degree, no it wouldn't be relevant. My degree is in pet-sitting. Consequently, I'm overqualified and underemployed. It's been a little disillusioning.

Now then, in regards to your question, I've already answered it - if you are talking about the question of who is qualified to judge a person... and the answer certainly doesn't involve mob dynamics.

No, you didn't answer it. You said "Peers are qualified", but then I asked "How are peers with their plural dark side "qualified" exactly?" That was the question I was referring to, and that is the one you wouldn't answer.

From many of the things you've said in your replies to me, I take it you don't really refer back to my original posts. You mix up things I said and mix up things you said, and then it's just a big mess. But maybe that's just more convenient for you, I don't know.

As far as mobs go, I've never belonged to one and I'm not planning to. You'll just have to take my word for it. As for the justice system, I'll just say I think there is room for improvement.

Now I hope we are able to get past all this offense I've caused you by "degree bragging" and by asking questions about the justice system. I will not get into another discussion on these boards again. I've finally learned what I guess I needed to about posting on ATS and now I'm done...unless you still have more you wish to discuss with me, Nenothtu.

edit on 1-3-2014 by hellnotes because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-3-2014 by hellnotes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   

OpinionatedB

What, you don't like the fact you have all these women in your cabinet?

Are you ashamed of us all now?

Ashamed? No.

I'm afraid of you all!

edit on 2014/3/6 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   

OpinionatedB
reply to post by TDawgRex

it's getting darn scary isn't it? This is no longer a coincidence.... not in the slightest.

If its the government? We have a more than serious problem added to many already serious problems...

If its an individual? That someone is a cold blooded murderer who needs locked up behind bars...

I certainly do not believe its an individual. Black ops workign for the global elite, for whatever agenda's they have, possibly disposing of liabilities who knew too much.

Also, they're people too, with families and loved ones. I wish no harm on anyone, not even the global elites, though self defense is important, actually stopping the corruption, and every other method must be used before one would ever resort to massive uprisings. Well a different type of uprising, is how I see it, the phone in and write in kind and then meetings. With groups of citizens, councils of citizens, with large bodies of support.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

These ways are always best. While people who commit crimes should be tried and convicted in a court of law, it should be done the right way, always.

Thanks for your contribution!

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join