It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LORD JEsus enlightens.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by peter vlar

I just picked a song. Sorry I don't know in depth knowledge of what it's original singer is doing at the moment.

It just seemed another example of the clueless-ness that pervades the thread straight from the original post.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Chamberf=6

I just picked a song. Sorry I don't know in depth knowledge of what it's original singer is doing at the moment.

It just seemed another example of the clueless-ness that pervades the thread straight from the original post.

In hindsight I didn't mean that the way it came across. I wouldn't expect most people to know the history of a slightly obscure Brazilian band. I was lucky enough to work for them briefly in 94 on an American tour through the northeast. It was a good environment for someone recently discharged from the army, I got to take out my aggression during their sets and hang out with some cool people so it kept my other issues in check. And in your defense, it was a prime example of the cluelessness outlined in the OP.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

I kind of came off snarky. Not unheard of from me. Sorry.

Being a roadie would be neat, and maybe have some nice perks.

edit on 2/17/2014 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

I used to work backstage at a local club and every once in awhile a band would need someone to fill in or jump into a spot for someone that dropped off tour.Sometimes a couple dates sometimes a few weeks It definitely had its perks but I liked playing on stage more than I liked setting up somebody else's gear and all the friends I had made were an even bigger perk in the long run. It's the difference between having to pay a venue to play on a Sunday afternoon to 11 people and getting to open up for national touring bands when you don't even have a demo out yet.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

It's the difference between having to pay a venue to play on a Sunday afternoon to 11 people and getting to open up for national touring bands when you don't even have a demo out yet.

Now to that I can relate. In the 90's I (and the band I was in) had some cool experiences of opening for some national bands at an "indie-alt" bar and hang out afterwards.
I was always impressed by how down-to-earth everyone was.
We also had the not so cool times of playing the same holes for free beer to smaaallll "audiences".

Sorry to be off topic MODS, whatever that topic is here.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

The topic is enlightenment and as we are enlightening one another we are on topic. No thread drift here!

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   

The claims you guys make are really amazing and you all seem to have no problem making them. Why is this board so narrowminded? Because Jesus claimed the gate to life is narrow, doesn't mean you have to become narrowminded.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by oktopus

Defining everything from one viewpoint... ie. Jesus said so... is extraordinarily narrow.

If you respond with a "Jesus ______ (insert word here)" comment, you will be proving my point.

You attack people who have visited your thread with damnation, and you aren't open to discussion. You only seem to want affirmation and agreement for the title of your OP (not even the OP itself), just “Jesus enlightens”… which on this site is open for debate.

I find people that are on this site generally revel in new perspectives and ideas, and as one person mentioned, if you were looking for comments on the interstice of Buddha and Jesus in our society, this thread would generate lots of positive discussion.

Instead, you are being narrow in your allowance of discussion, and thus generating negativity and resistance.

As with many things religious, you have created a self-fulfilling message.

Not ideal on an open minded discussion board.

Maybe modify your approach for more positive results?

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   

oktopus

The claims you guys make are really amazing and you all seem to have no problem making them. Why is this board so narrowminded? Because Jesus claimed the gate to life is narrow, doesn't mean you have to become narrowminded.

Don't get upset at me simply because I have embraced your OP while you have neglected to nurture it with all the love it deserves. Just because The Lord I serve is not your own does not mean they occasionally will not meet in happy embrace.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Whoa. Four pages and I'm not reading it all.

Lord Jesus does enlighten. In fact, in the Revelations given to John, He even calls Himself the "Morning Star."

Makes this passage look a little more interesting.

Isaiah 14:12 "How you have fallen from heaven, morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations!"

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by oktopus

Aspects of this thread have indeed been enlightening, though possibly not the bits that the OP thinks.

Your experiences sound awesome! Back in my band days we had quite the undergound pub following around Sydney, played almost every pub there was, and had started playing for some bigger acts and a couple of national festivals... before it all self destructed... lol

We hung out with the Mr Bungle guys, and a few otherswhen they were playing their Cobra gigs, they were really down to earth and cool.

We had the drummer from Neuropath, an awesome Australian Death Metal band... Our style was mixing Cabaret with Death Metal.

Ahhh... memories... enlightening!

Cheers
edit on 18-2-2014 by puzzlesphere because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by GodIsRelative

Again - so does Lucifer. Lucifer is referred to as the morning star.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Apologies, because like I said before, I'm not reading all four pages.

I was deliberately making the comparison of Jesus to Lucifer because I believe they are the same Spirit.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

oktopus

Once again, I'm not sure where you are going with this post, because you have been all over the map in this thread with vagary, inconsistency, demonstration of poor understanding of subjects, non sequitors, and an OP that you said would have just been a repeat of your title--so you threw in a bit about a book you didn't even know specifics about.

Narrow minded? There has to be a clear topic or subject to be narrow minded about in the first place. Is it LORD Jesus, Buddha, prayer, enlightenment (you say you have obtained), propaganda, etc.?

In just 4 pages you have been all over the place.

I think with the material we have been given to work with, just trying to figure out your real point (as it seems to meander) has been the main issue in this thread.
edit on 2/18/2014 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

oktopus

I'm sure that you are aware that talking about others being "narrow minded" by a dogmatic Christian is sort of ironic.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join