It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LORD JEsus enlightens.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
The title is my simple claim actually.

"LORD JEsus enlightens"

I am going to a literature debate club, or how do I need to call it, on mondays.

We are reading a book called "Siddharta". It's about a boy on his way to enlightenment, the boys name in the book is Siddharta. More about the book, it was written in the 70's I think (read: it's at least 40 years old) written by I guess a German writer when he was on travel in India.

Why am I telling this? I have no idea.

I say, LORD Jesus enlightens!

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
According to the Bible, Lucifer is the one who enlightens. Isn't his name translated as the "Light Bringer"?

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Please provide verses. I read Lucifer came to arouse. To my knowledge it is translated Light bearer.
edit on 17-2-2014 by oktopus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

oktopus

Please provide verses. I read Lucifer came to arouse. To my knowledge it is translated Light bearer.

Light bearer. To carry light, wield it, etc. And remember, history is written by the victors. Wouldn't want to make God look too bad, even if he did bend a few rules in his own favor. We never did get to Lucifer's side of the story. That's not very...judicial. =
edit on 17-2-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

So you're saying Lucifer is not a victor? Or are you saying Lucifer to be your god? Who cares cause.. LORD Jesus enlightens!

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

oktopus

So you're saying Lucifer is not a victor? Or are you saying Lucifer to be your god? Who cares cause.. LORD Jesus enlightens!

I'm saying for all we know, Lucifer was treated with all the judicial dignity of a black man accused of rape in some obscure backwater village of Louisiana, and we would never know the truth because we've never spoken to him. We've never given him his right to defense, but we're willing to point fingers all day as long as we don't get the short end of the stick.

I'm also saying you're full of hot air.

edit on 17-2-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by oktopus

I have this book, a friend gave it to me for my birthday, I only started reading it a few days ago. I'm not a great reader, but intend on finishing this one.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by oktopus

How exactly does Lord Jesus Enlighten?

You're not sure why you're telling us? Possibly because you're looking for validation?

I see you trying to enlighten yourself by reading words written by someone else about Jesus, but I don't see Jesus personally doing much enlightening.

In what way are you enlightened?
edit on 17-2-2014 by puzzlesphere because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
So you title your thread "Lord Jesus enlightens" but the thread is really about a book by Herman Hesse. Isn't that a bit dishonest?

Is that the enlightenment you got from Lord Jesus? I thought Jesus was against lying.
edit on 17-2-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

woodwardjnr
reply to post by oktopus

I have this book, a friend gave it to me for my birthday, I only started reading it a few days ago. I'm not a great reader, but intend on finishing this one.

That's why I refered to the book. Great. I like the book myself. We're like 10 chapters far. To me it's really a good book. I'm not a great reader either but agreed joining the group just to do something with my time and it turned out to be great. I'm learing a lot while we are discussing the book.

Someone made a post here just recently, and the name of Guatama is Siddharta Guatama Sakyamuni. In the book the boys/man's name is Siddharta and the Buddha he meets is called Gautama.

Enjoy the book WWjnr.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

According to the Bible, Lucifer is the one who enlightens. Isn't his name translated as the "Light Bringer"?

The only instance of the term "Lucifer" in the Bible is in Isaiah 14, and it clearly refers to the King of Babylon:

When the Lord has given you rest from your pain and turmoil and the hard service with which you were made to serve, you will take up this taunt against the king of Babylon: (Isaiah 14:3-4 ESV)

The whole "Lucifer is Satan" nonsense started up with some Protestant mis-interpretation of scripture in the 1800s.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

puzzlesphere
reply to post by oktopus

How exactly does Lord Jesus Enlighten?

The same as He can with you.

You're not sure why you're telling us? Possibly because you're looking for validation?

I was not sure why I mentioned I joined the literature group.

In what way are you enlightened?

At the moment my struggle is against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

oktopus
In the book the boys/man's name is Siddharta and the Buddha he meets is called Gautama.

So Buddha enlightens?

Not this Jesus fellow you first mentioned?

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

olaru12
So you title your thread "Lord Jesus enlightens" but the thread is really about a book by Herman Hesse. Isn't that a bit dishonest?

Is that the enlightenment you got from Lord Jesus? I thought Jesus was against lying.
edit on 17-2-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

I said the title to be my simple claim.

Then I started about the book, which turns out being read by a member here who started reading it a few days ago. I mentioned the book to get some content in my threads, for what most do is providing false accusations, lies and insults.

That's just reality for me I guess.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

puzzlesphere

oktopus
In the book the boys/man's name is Siddharta and the Buddha he meets is called Gautama.

So Buddha enlightens?

Not this Jesus fellow you first mentioned?

The claim I made has got nothing to do with the book.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by oktopus

The book you are reading is by Herman Hesse, published in 1951. (Things easily found out by actually looking at the book.)

the rest..I guess I don't get the point of the thread, other than you basically saying you believe in Jesus.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by oktopus

oktopus
The same as He can with you.

That's what I call avoiding any real reflection on the question.

oktopus
At the moment my struggle is against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

So you pick and choose who your rulers are... Wouldn't many of the current rulers also be from the "Jesus enlightens" crowd?... Yet you follow them.

You should be your own ruler, not bow down for someone else's interpretation of the world.

Which "evil" rulers are you specifically struggling against?

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by oktopus

Siddhartha Gautama is the Buddha.. Gautama Buddha.

Why are you doing a book about the Buddha?

Not that I am judging you or saying you shouldn't, I am very interested in Buddhisms links with Christianity.

Also I believe Lucifer translates the Bringer of THE DAWN.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I think there's a part in this story that describes 'taking a powder, as old persons do', referring to smack. Or something.

Herman Hess is a decent read. It's been a long time.

# 172

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

oktopus

Then I started about the book, which turns out being read by a member here who started reading it a few days ago. I mentioned the book to get some content in my threads, for what most do is providing false accusations, lies and insults.

That's just reality for me I guess.

Usually the title of a thread is used to promote discussion on an idea or thought pertaining to the TITLE of the thread. It's really a simple concept.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join