It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pennsylvania 'Craigslist killer' says she slayed dozens more across U.S. as part of satanic cult:

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I think Jackson Browne said it best when he said (about this country) "for the soul it is a famine but for the senses it is a feast." The prime reason why we have more psychos than anywhere else is that we live in a hedonistic, do whatever feels good, narcissistic society. We have wrought this upon ourselves. History has always shown that with the decay of morality in a given culture comes the decay of the state itself. We as a a culture have created this wackjob.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Kgdetroit

I'd say what we disagree on is minor in the grand scheme of things. True. If it's really disagreement at all. At one level we have classifications of these types of people between sexual sadist/compulsion vs. evil vs. business like process or even crimes of passion. On a higher level, I think is where it comes down to just two kinds. Those who feel something and care about what they do to others ..and those that seem incapable of it, for whatever reason that happens in a person.

If the girl in the thread really has been off on a killing spree as a way of life and 'making a living' on the road, so to speak? I'd rank her lack of humanity equal to some of the better known names, even if her motives and methods were totally different.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Oh man she is going to cost the state and feds millions in taxpayer money.

The state and feds will have to investigate to try to find this cult.

And in the years to come this BS cult will become a conspiracy site target as a real cult killing 1000s of people.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yes, the difference between sociopathy and psychopathy certainly plays a role in those distinctions. While dark, the psychological study of these maniacs is nevertheless fascinating. (I somehow feel like a thumbs up emoticon is inappropriate here. Lol.)

As for the girl, for sure she'd be up there. The shock factor of a 19 year old female perpetrating the killings instantly puts her a few rungs up that ladder. She would almost be a throwback, interestingly enough the proportion of female serial killers was around 1/3 of the total at the onset of the 20th century, steadily declining to a real rarity in the modern day with the most well known probably being Aileen Wuornos. Ironically enough her hometown is about a mile down the road from me. Small world.

Aileen had 7 victims, so anywhere between 22 and 100 as this girl claims would really be on a scale never before seen, at least by a female in the modern day.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Reply in the similar thread here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Has the link,
See here

Runaway meets satanist

She went on to discuss her daughter’s childhood.

“(Miranda) ran away from home when she was 12,” Dean said. Her daughter grew up in Alaska and has an older sister, Dean said.

“(Miranda) got hooked up with a guy (in Alaska) who was into satanic stuff, and when she came home one day, she told me that he owns her now.”

The man’s name was Forrest, Dean said.

“I asked her what she was talking about, and she told me that this man owns her and she has to do whatever he says,” Dean said. “She said he branded her by carving a swastika on the back of her neck and his name on her thigh.

“She told me she was out prostituting at 12 years old and that this man was her ruler.”

More at source above.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

That's a great link, thanks for posting it here. So the mom is corroborating the Satanic angle... at least to the degree that she's stating her daughter WAS involved to some degree with one and maybe more Satanists. She also mentions the "Satanic panel" Miranda was supposedly a part of, which she apparently even tried to include her husband in but was denied by her "handler," also part of the panel.

This is quite interesting. Either there is some truth to it or Miranda is truly delusional or a compulsive liar, both entirely possible. If her mom is mentioning these things, it kinda throws the "she's making it up for attention or as the framework for an insanity defense after getting caught" angle out. Would like to know if she has the swastika scar and name still branded on her thigh like her mom mentioned as well.
edit on 18-2-2014 by Kgdetroit because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-2-2014 by Kgdetroit because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-2-2014 by Kgdetroit because: the word "window" appears as an underscore after formatting on the mobile version?

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Nah.. the terms are interchangeable. They both mean the same thing.

People will try to say they are two different things, but they aren't and most psychiatriac professionals will tell you that.

For example look at the page posted earlier: difference between psychopath and sociopath It lists psychopaths as suffering from Antisocial personality disorder + lacking in empathy/conscience/delusional. Then it says sociopaths suffer from the same thing minus the lack of empathy/consience/delusions. That whole bit about lacking in empathy/conscience and suffering from delusions is just tacked on. People who suffer from A.P.D. are characterized by those very things so saying that someone suffers from A.P.D + lack empathy/conscience and suffering from delusions is basically saying they suffer from the same thing twice. Saying a sociopath suffers from A.P.D. is the same as saying they suffer from lack of empathy/conscience and are delusional.

There is no difference, just a poor attempt to make it appear as such.
edit on 18-2-2014 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   

WonderBoi
MK Ultra in full effect.

I started thinking same thing when she said that she could remember it all, as if it was a movie. After the research I've done into MK Ultra, that sort of comment always grabs my attention. I have read quite a lot of claims of MK Ultra victims saying that they remember committing a serious crime, or illegal sex act, almost as if it was like seeing it in a movie, but not feeling any emotion or remorse when recalling the incident.
And this is just my personal opinion, but people should not be so quick to dismiss the existence of "Satanic Cults". Many might just be a gathering of like minded people to meet in a common place away from judging eyes, but there are many that exist with a much darker agenda[s]. It is latter type that needs certain people in certain positions of authority for it to exist to the point of seeming not to exist.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   

She isn't the first prostitute to go around killing clients.
Not new. There was another prolific american prostitute
who received the death penalty a while ago, for doing the same.
Although while in incarceration, she claimed to be 'born again'
she also killed a number of men, claiming 'self defense', however the
court ruled she was a serial killer, killing her clients to steal their possessions.
. . . don't know her name, maybe someone else recollects the case ?

edit on 19/2/14 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000

I once put some time into learning about the missing in our nation after a wall of missing posters I came across in a Washington state truck stop really stuck with me. Even after you remove the runaways, bewildered buffoons and people that just walk away from their lives for one reason or another......the number who still just vanish as if sucked into a hole in the ground is staggering and scary, with no other real way to put it.

A cop i know said one time he checked the criminal records of a number of unsolved missing in his county and found a number had long criminal records.

He believes that many missing with long criminal records like burglaries met there fate at the hand of some home owner that for reasons did not want to deal with the cops and just buried them deep.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ToneDeaf

She was Aileen Wuornos. I've been wanting to see the movie on Netflix so thanks for reminding me

second line

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
S & F for bringing this topic to light.

Before I even read the posts, which I'm about to do, I wanted to voice my immediate opinion of the woman's confession:

B.S.

For some reason, I feel that she is doing this for attention, "this" being the confession, not the murders. It's obvious that this is what she wants. She is going for the shock appeal...

"I stopped counting at 22"

"I started at age 13"

Come on...give me a freakin break

edit on 2192014 by QueenofSpades because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Sremmos80
Will prosecutors give you a better plea bargain if you just say your crime was worse then it actually was? Wouldn't they have to prove that you did all the killings before factoring it into the deal you will receive?

Good point!!

I'm also wondering what is her motive to admitting to other bodies if she has "supposedly gotten away with them"

Also, I know I need to read more of this story, but did her and the husband get caught red-handed or something? Did she even kill a guy at all?

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by King Loki

I amy be wrong, but the police aren't having her officially charged with the other murdersyet, right? So we can't say that she must be telling the truth because of specific details she's given; police are only making it public that she has "confessed" to other murders...

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by QueenofSpades

I don't know if they charged her/them, but they Did plead "not guilty", so maybe they are charged.

This morning the police were still saying that could find no verification of her claims in the places she mentioned.

Also how could a person not be sure about even a ballpark figure of all the supposed other killings? 22 to less than 100 is a wide range. Even if it is spread over 6 years, you'd think a person could give a better estimate than that.

And why plead not guilty after admitting to the murder she and her husband were caught for as well as all these other "maybe" killings?

edit on 2/19/2014 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Indeed... I've heard that explanation over the years and it's an easy one to blindly toss out to cover the question and make ourselves feel better that we couldn't possibly join the walls of the missing, as I've come to thinking of it. It's an aspect of life in the Western World we aren't allowed to see more than a little of where children are touched by it (National Center for Exploited Children does their best to inform an apathetic public) but for the most part, out of sight equals a true out of mind situation for those people.

Criminal history almost certainly accounts for a measurable % of the endless rows of the faces and names. What it does nothing whatsoever to address are the children and teenagers that have no hint of anything remotely like it. The posters are more detailed than they once were and it's amazing how much can be gleaned from the photo, explanation of circumstances and general bio of the people that are gone.

Add to that, a large number of wimpy looking men and housewives or college students (and on the long wall I think back to, they represented a disproportionate % of the total there, come to think of it) and all the sudden, you have scores of people with no criminal background, connection, history or association going missing and presumably dead shortly there after ..to never be heard or seen again by anyone, either way.

Indeed...There are easy explanations for some ....and without time spent personally researching the issue, I expect that passes well enough for most folks to file the topic away with. Careful looking into the phenomenon though, leaves that explanation hollow and empty as an overall cover, IMO.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

exdog5

ausername
Creepy story. I was just listening to the news and they say the killer claims that if given a map she will lead them to every victim's body.

And this makes me ask...
"how could she possibly lead them to every body if she stopped counting and lost track of how many people she killed?"

Excellent point!

Doesn't add up. I am studying Logic Games for the LSAT and can see events told to me in a different way than most.

For example, if I ask for the details of an event, I am looking to get A, B, C, D, and E.

However, if you give me A, B, and E, I know that you have leap frogged your story and left intricate pieces out.

A liar will not only leap frog, but add piecesin that don't belong, such as giving me A, Z, M, Q, B C D, and then E.

Either way, a lie is a lie, and this broad is lying.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

This is not entirely correct. While some psychiatric professionals use the terms interchangeably, many do not. It is certainly not as cut and dry as you present it to be. It seems you glossed over a number of distinctions between the two in the link.

Psychopathy and sociopathy are both anti-social personality disorders. While both these disorders are the result of an interaction between genetic predispositions and environmental factors, psychopathy leans towards the hereditary whereas sociopathy tends towards the environmental.

Preeminent criminal psychologist Dr. Robert Hare, who composed the PCL-R, the definitive guide used in psychiatric hospitals and prisons used to diagnose psychopathy, disagrees that they are one in the same.

APD (Antisocial Personality Disorder) proved to be unworkable for those who were researching psychopathy. Hare points out, "In forensic populations, diagnoses of APD have far less utility with respect to treatment outcome, institutional adjustment, and predictions of post-release behavior than do careful assessments of psychopathy based on the traditional use of both behaviors and inferred personality traits." While most psychopaths may fit the criteria for APD, the majority of people with APD are not psychopaths. In other words, there were now two different diagnostic instruments to assess two different populations that shared some but not all traits in common.

Speaking on the process of drafting the PCL, which subsequently became the PCL-R after revision:

Hare saw a draft of what the committee was proposing and he spotted real problems. Of the list of 10 items, which consisted primarily of violations of social norms, a person needed to manifest only a few to be diagnosed with antisocial personality disorder. To his mind, that would encompass the entire prison population. Not only that, it would not be congruent with his understanding of a psychopath.

Studies in Psychopathy

Note: APD and sociopathy are presented as analogous in the above interview. See link for more.

Here is an article abstract excerpt from the psychology journal Aggression and Violent Behavior Volume 18, Issue 5:

The terms psychopath and sociopath are often used interchangeably, but there apears to be some hesitance by researchers in the many disciplines comprising criminology to continue this trend. The problem seems to be that as research has advanced in studies of psychopathy, which is the more common of the two terms, psychopathy now commands a much more specific definition, and this is what alienates it from its estranged cousin, sociopathy. As language can serve to hinder or confound research, it is crucial that these terms take their proper place in brain science.

From the article:

The difference between these two terms has become crucial for numerous reasons. First, the history of studying psychopathy has now arrived at a point where the word 'psychopath' means something very specific. Second, there appears to be a hesitance among scholars to use them interchangeably, preferring to use 'sociopathy' if a brain injury or belief system change resulted in the antisocial behavior.

Psychopathy vs. Sociopathy Why the Distinction Has Become Crucial

I can present much more information if that doesn't make my point. You are not incorrect, there are instances where the two are used interchangeably by psychiatric professionals. I merely wanted to point out there is a very real distinction between the two. I don't want to argue semantics as there is still much debate (even after release of the DSM-V, which created an entire category for psychopathy) over what labels to apply to whom and when, but the counterpoint to your post needed to be presented for the readers to gain a better understanding of what is being addressed in the thread

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Kgdetroit

So sick of hearing about this, who cares. Live 20min from Sunbury and it's all the news has talked about for days. Just put her away and stop making her famous.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SixX18

Apologies from the 99.9% of the population not near Sudbury who wish to continue to discuss an unusual murder case in which the prime suspect may or may not turn out to be the most prolific female serial killer in modern history. Is she? Probably not but discussion is why the site is here...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join