It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pennsylvania 'Craigslist killer' says she slayed dozens more across U.S. as part of satanic cult:

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by King Loki

Last I saw it was "allegedly", and that they were investigating the claims but found no evidence yet supporting her claims -- besides of course the stabbed body they just left dumped in the alley.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Kgdetroit

She's lying. There may be one or two other killings, but i doubt it.

She was caught too quickly and did too sloppy of a job to have gotten away with 22+ bodies. That is a high rate for an active serial killer and she's only 19. She may have been killing, etc since she was 14 or 15, but I doubt any of what she is saying is true.

I honestly think she has realized she is going away for the majority of her life and was doing so anonymously. Now she is making headlines and is a name. Sociopaths tend to have delusions of grandeur so she wants to be prolific (as a killer since nothing else), and hopes for fans/cult status.

In reality it's b.s. Nothing to do with satanism, and no more than one or two other killings (if she killed anyone else at all). Either she wanted to be Mickey and Mallory and this death was the first one OR she had killed once or twice before and wanted a partner. I am betting on the former.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

First thing to say, is that this woman may not be a psychopath. A psychopath is born a psychopath, and they stay one until they die. Sociopaths however, are made, not born (although this is a generalisation, which is necessary because the human mind being what it is, there is no one size fits all description for these dysfunctions). There is every possibility that if this womans young life, had not contained negative influence to the level it did (being an accessory to murder at age thirteen), that she would not have turned into what she became.

Now, if it turns out that the only reason she was in the negative situations which have thus far come to light, in her early life, is that she SOUGHT them, felt no disgust at any time in her life, watched her first grazed knee bleed because it did something pleasant to her brain... well, then perhaps this would be a clearer case of psychopathic mindset. But by the actions for which she has been known thus far, one cannot say with certainty which bracket she is in. Sociopaths being made, not born, means that in general, a sociopath is a victim, before they become a monster. It remains to be seen which this woman is.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

I don't think it's as cut and dry as that.
I think that people can develop socio/psychopathy and that there are varying degrees.

Consider someone who has a big conscience when it comes to stealing, etc. They gain an addiction and then they start using justifications to do things they normally wouldn't. Then they stop using the justifications, and move on to worse actions.

Eventually part of that original conscience is dead. Same goes with war situations and corruption.

There are obviously people that are born that way and are extreme psychopaths from childhood on, but i believe some psychopaths are made rather than born.

It's something i've done extensive research on. In college and out of personal interest. I suggest the book "The Psychopath Test" by Jon Ronson.
edit on 17-2-2014 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Blackmarketeer
The information she provides in her confession can tell the police if she is lying or not. Specific details known only to the killer(s) and the police can usually determine the confessor is not making stuff up. Call it a hunch but I don't think she is lying.

I think she is lying (except for maybe one or two other murders). She allegedly pointed out places on maps and police are going to look.

Here is the thing though. A psychopath will lie up to the end. Even if the lie will obviously be found out, like giving the "exact" location of a body that doesn't exist. She was going away forever anonymous and now she's going away with some fame, and looks unstable, and hopes to get some time outside leading police to bodies that wont be there.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Kgdetroit
reply to post by Sremmos80

As far as I understand it, the majority if the killings she did alone. This was the first her and her husband did together, hence the "thrill kill" aspect. What bothers me if her claims are true is the apparent drastic change of MO. She goes from being the ultimate black widow and killing possibly dozens of men across the country undetected for years and suddenly switches it up her style to commit a sloppy murder in a public parking lot? With a partner?

Serial killers are usually pretty glued to their methodologies as there's a ritualistic catharsis associated. Again, females are different though so I'm at a loss. Extremely interested to see where this goes though.

Your are overlooking something here. She was not assisted by the group. If such a group had assisted her in the past they likely would have covered the bases. Maybe this was her first time on her own.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

I apologize for my apparently abhorrent reading comprehension skills as i thought when you began spouting about "the evil one" and applying anthropomorphic characteristics to evil you were referring to Satan as if he existed in more than just this girls delusions. This thought was furthered when you quoted the Bible in a self admitted (through reason for edit) jab at atheists that was also applicable to naming Satan as an actual entity one need to watch out for.

I fully understand that she worshipped Satan and used this as a reasoning for supposedly committing serial murder, but belief and knowledge of existence are two different things, and a demonstratable causative effect on a human being yet another. It seemed (and still does) that you were not only using Satan as her motivation, but also a causative factor in that Satan somehow caused her to do this because she worshipped him which I deduced using the reasoning I listed above, hence my (lighthearted) jab back at you.

Am I wrong in this assertion? If not, guess its not a fault of my comprehension skills is it?

If its not readily apparent to you whether I believe in the devil or not at this point ill answer you quite explicitly. No. Ill make sure to ask the next voodoo priest I have a run in with all about it though. Lol. Unfortunately I feel like getting into a theological debate with you will venture far off topic and really what's the point? I truly couldn't care one iota less what you believe or dont believe in. Have a ball! The discussion here is about the killer, lets keep it in the mortal realm shall we?
edit on 17-2-2014 by Kgdetroit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ezwip

Great point, I have no clue if she supposedly committed the previous murders as part of a group or not at this juncture. That's a big factor.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

muzzleflash
It does sound very much like something designed to manipulate folks though.
Think about it. Who would have a motive to exaggerate or fabricate that info?
And why?

Ohh... she says she killed more people in order to have fabricated material to use as bargaining chips?

As for psychopaths and sociopaths, there seems to be some confusion on which is which, but one of them has a neurological disorder, especially involving the frontal lobe, while the other can be a personality disorder.
edit on 17pmMon, 17 Feb 2014 21:15:03 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I'm betting she maybe killed the one guy with her boyfriend and that's it - possible robbery gone wrong. Anything more she says is for attention. Fame harvester.
AND the Satanic cult (urban legend) wanna be thing...that's laughable at best.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   

darkbake

Ohh... she says she killed more people in order to have fabricated material to use as bargaining chips?

As for psychopaths and sociopaths, there seems to be some confusion on which is which, but one of them has a neurological disorder, especially involving the frontal lobe, while the other can be a personality disorder.
edit on 17pmMon, 17 Feb 2014 21:15:03 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

Here is a little primer on the differences between psychopathy and sociopathy if anyone is interested.

Psychopath vs. Sociopath

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Sremmos80

I just don't see how making up crimes will help you get a lesser sentence, that is what I am stuck on.

As a defence tactic, lying about other murders (and the no remorse "I'll do it again if released") might be used to show that she is not of sound mind, and therefore unfit to stand trial...

If so its very much a last resort or she has a less than competent defence attorney. Thats the only tactical advantage I can see in lying about the other vic's.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I'm not believing this story until there is more info regarding a satanic cult and info regarding bodies. She says she can pinpoint bodies on a map so we'll see.

Most of the time these satanic cult stories aren't proved / disproved and details are sketchy even from people who claim they defected so I really want more info on that.

I took the articles to mean that she was claiming to have murdered 22 people SINCE the cult leader showed her how at age 13.

I just found this article : Satanists: Accused Craigslist killer not one of us

According to our records, we have never had any contact from this woman, nor her accomplice," said Magus Peter Gilmore, head priest of the Church of Satan. "It seems to me that she is calling herself a member of a 'satanic cult,' not a legally incorporated above-ground form of satanism. "Thorough investigation will likely demonstrate that this cult story is fiction," Gilmore added.

Like Gilmore, Lucien Greaves, spokesman for the rival Satanic Temple, said his group has no ties to Barbour or her husband.

Like the 1980's, I'll bet the cult thing will be baloney unless her lawyer plans on using it in defense.

The guy being interviewed at link makes some good points and she seems to be looking directly at the cameras in stills and video which, in my opinion suggests she wants to get the attention.

Oh, and one more thing...she says she killed the man because he was doing "bad things and deserved it" by wanting to have sex for money with her...BUT...if she was really a satanist wouldn't her moral standards not be so judging? I thought satanists' belief system runs more along the "be free to do what you want" type of philosophy. Just wondering about that.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Some further info in another thread on her childhood in an Alaskan town (this creeps me out heaps!):
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I still dont think she has a bodycount of 22, but this might shed some light on her screwed up mindset?

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   

shockedonlooker
I'm not believing this story until there is more info regarding a satanic cult and info regarding bodies. She says she can pinpoint bodies on a map so we'll see.

Most of the time these satanic cult stories aren't proved / disproved and details are sketchy even from people who claim they defected so I really want more info on that.

I took the articles to mean that she was claiming to have murdered 22 people SINCE the cult leader showed her how at age 13.

I just found this article : Satanists: Accused Craigslist killer not one of us

According to our records, we have never had any contact from this woman, nor her accomplice," said Magus Peter Gilmore, head priest of the Church of Satan. "It seems to me that she is calling herself a member of a 'satanic cult,' not a legally incorporated above-ground form of satanism. "Thorough investigation will likely demonstrate that this cult story is fiction," Gilmore added.

Like Gilmore, Lucien Greaves, spokesman for the rival Satanic Temple, said his group has no ties to Barbour or her husband.

Like the 1980's, I'll bet the cult thing will be baloney unless her lawyer plans on using it in defense.

The guy being interviewed at link makes some good points and she seems to be looking directly at the cameras in stills and video which, in my opinion suggests she wants to get the attention.

Oh, and one more thing...she says she killed the man because he was doing "bad things and deserved it" by wanting to have sex for money with her...BUT...if she was really a satanist wouldn't her moral standards not be so judging? I thought satanists' belief system runs more along the "be free to do what you want" type of philosophy. Just wondering about that.

Well said, similarly what I was going to post but due to lack of info that hard to reply.

Why then if, as the articles state about the story, these were lonely men needing companionship that they had paid for, were they bad? Did they not pay her, did to come on to her, or did she really seek revenge by finding people that may seem like her claimed abusers when she was a child?

The Pac NW is known for it's grottoes that part doesn't shock, while still in doubt of her story, as there's much to be desired in information here or validity of her claims. Reports and or her leave out more details in to this so called cult/sect. They say she was high ranking, what a priestess or a magnus? Does she even know, considering that it's made up?

Sounds "cult", at least the sources are saying cult.

binaryangel
Some further info in another thread on her childhood in an Alaskan town (this creeps me out heaps!):
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I still dont think she has a bodycount of 22, but this might shed some light on her screwed up mindset?

The sources about the town's events, creepy enough. Let's hope that's not related, just a coincidence/isolated case.
edit on 18-2-2014 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   
From what this article is saying, they've only had a couple days to start looking into what she said. I'm inclined to wait and see what develops before saying she is making anything up. It may be hard to accept that true predatory human beings exist, but I have no doubt whatsoever that they do. Is she one? Time will tell, and I'm sure she has the law enforcement of a few states very focused on what she has to say, for a short time anyway. Nothing coming to work out will make it a very short time, of course.

I once put some time into learning about the missing in our nation after a wall of missing posters I came across in a Washington state truck stop really stuck with me. Even after you remove the runaways, bewildered buffoons and people that just walk away from their lives for one reason or another......the number who still just vanish as if sucked into a hole in the ground is staggering and scary, with no other real way to put it.

People like her must exist because the Gacys, Bundys and Mansons of the world don't account for a fraction of those presumed bodies out there somewhere. Some get found by hunters...but most, like we know for certain in cases like "The Iceman" who was a contract killer for the Mafia with over 100 kills, are simply never found or never have enough left to be found.

Scary things to think about and why I really think most people are quick to say it can't be true and move on. Anything else accepts the possibility we've bumped into predators like she may be. We may even have known one over our years. Who knows?

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Considering how vast Alaska's wilderness is, and the fact that missing people tend to go unsolved there, her story might hold some truth to it up there.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I feel that you are not taking into account that any of the 22 potential vic's could have already been found, so all the police would need to do is corroborate her description with the gravesite and you have another capitol charge. They dont necessarily need to go looking in each location if there has already been a corpse found there, and proper forensics dont by the attending officers at the time.

edit on 18-2-2014 by binaryangel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

I see you bite my style. * (shameless Bruce Lee pun below)

OT : She lies. Deranged ? Sure. Serial killer ? Bwhahahaha

edit on 18-2-2014 by Tidnabnilims because: Seriously though aliendude, you are biting my posting style which I carefully stole from Terry Prachett and his Discworld novels, (and to a lesser extent, The Unadulterated Cat), and then spent over 10 or 12 minutes perfecting. You do it really badly, just using it to add an extra flippant word or two. Where's the forethought, the comedy preparation ? Also you dont seem to understand that it is done for humour and to make people squint at the screen (now you know my true evil purpose mwhahaha), because most people here have eyesight problems from all the living in Mom's darkened basement, amirite ?!

edit on 18-2-2014 by Tidnabnilims because: So in conclusion while you have attempted to rip-off my rip-off, you have failed and if you are serious you need to practice more. That means having an idea of how to structure the post (including edits) before you even begin to type. Remember its your little voice thats says, 'oh yeah and this..'. Adding verses from the old bibble doesnt upset atheists by the way, its literature by man, same as all the rest, no more annoying than posting a strip from the Beano as proof of whatever it is you were proving (sorry, slipped by me with all the loose atheism on the floor round here, mop working overtime but it just seems to spread ......)

edit on 18-2-2014 by Tidnabnilims because: Really you bite my style but missed my goat edits, and this in a satanic thread ?

edit on 18-2-2014 by Tidnabnilims because: Santa would be proud.

edit on 18-2-2014 by Tidnabnilims because: I logged in just to write this, slow news day

edit on 18-2-2014 by Tidnabnilims because: Oh and fractal edits - my thing, I'm sad and lonely and I was happy when I came up with that, you cant take it from me mother !

edit on 18-2-2014 by Tidnabnilims because: Lower case 'i' needed to help squinties, also an actual fractal edit was done

edit on 18-2-2014 by Tidnabnilims because: I stand by using 'bibble', just adding that one letter shows the reality

edit on 18-2-2014 by Tidnabnilims because: formatting

edit on 18-2-2014 by Tidnabnilims because: ATS does strange things with edit spacing o.0

edit on 18-2-2014 by Tidnabnilims because: * My style ? The Art of Writing, without Writing

edit on 18-2-2014 by Tidnabnilims because: I went with the pun over the quote

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   
So all we have from the MSM is an alleged series of unsubstantiated and yet to be investigated and as many have pointed out, preposterous claims. Isn't this a bit irresponsible? Why is this even news? What happened to INVESTIGATIVE reporting? Or are they merely taking advantage of the sensationalism (or writing it themselves, IMHO) to sell air time and print space.

Of course the story is crap. That people believe it is, well, either sad or funny depending on one's perspective.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join