It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Bizarre' Cluster of Severe Birth Defects Stuns Health Experts, Rural Washington Area

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Truly random distributions of anything MUST generate clusters of that "thing" - even birth defects.

8.4 vs 2.1 per 100,000 in a small area looks a lot like a random cluster - especially since there appears to be no actual measurements of anything "causing" the defects.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Could be Fukushima intensifying the problem. Nah, everything is going just great over there.
~$heopleNation

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
reply to post by westcoast

Indeed. Pesticides, or DU would be my guesses. I still won't rule out the training grounds. Would be nice to check and see if there are other clusters of health problems or birth defects. Even in livestock.

These pesticides are used all over, are they not? So, why wouldn't there be these birth defect clusters elsewhere, say, the mouth of the MS? That has to have by far the most agriculture run off than anywhere coming from the entire Midwest.
edit on 18-2-2014 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
THIS IS YAKIMA WHERE THEY GROW FRUITS < THESE ARE PESTICIDES>

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

FyreByrd

gymbeau2000

Of interest on YTC is a NSA listening post with a few huge dishes that goes 7 stories deep that covers all Pacific rim comms like phones, internet, etc.

That is of interest.
edit on 17-2-2014 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

Indeed. I had never even heard of it before now.........

The funny thing is as you head on the main highway into Yakima the city (if you can call it that), as you are going down the hill if you look to your left you can see the big dishes. I hope this link to Google Earth works:

google Maps

There is a nice fence around it with the "trespassing will be shot on sight" type of government sign. I had to drive within 200-300 meters of the big dish multiple times a day leading training convoys out and the only fuel point on the firing center is right across from it. Once, we had a vehicle of trainees roll over on the dirt road parallel to the paved one, which runs along the fence and the security goons of the center came racing out with weapons ready, freaking out.

Oh and about the Iraq stuff, I have posted it here before but Saddam's chemical and bio weapons were all over Iraq too and leaking, causing issues. Once, we came across a field full of dead goats and found some missiles that were in a hole for protection like a foxhole. They were in bad shape and we were taking pictures of it so we could let our command know since this was OIF 1 and we were trying to gather up all weapons and potential enemy assets. As we were in the hole checking it out two CIA operators drove up and took our film and said you never saw this and to go away and make sure to wash up if we touched anything. One of many reasons why I'm sure I have health problems now.
edit on 18-2-2014 by gymbeau2000 because: Fixed link

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
of course, after a few mindfull questions, PHAGE is out to cherry pick some flowers...

...Beautiful mind don't waste time in dirty areas.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by gymbeau2000

I'll have to check that out next time I go out to Pasco. I've always been curious about secret facilities in this state. I've heard rumors of underground bases near Mt. Rainier, but nothing concrete.

I know a few people, military and contractor, that ended up with health issues after coming back from Iraq. I really hope these don't end up long term for you. I had a few issues for two years after I cam back from Saudi, thankfully, they were relatively minor and went away. There is so much toxic garbage over there you just don't know what to expect will go wrong.

That's really weird about the goats. Especially the CIA guys. I wonder what was so special they drove you away from that....

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
reply to post by gymbeau2000

I'll have to check that out next time I go out to Pasco. I've always been curious about secret facilities in this state. I've heard rumors of underground bases near Mt. Rainier, but nothing concrete.

I know a few people, military and contractor, that ended up with health issues after coming back from Iraq. I really hope these don't end up long term for you. I had a few issues for two years after I cam back from Saudi, thankfully, they were relatively minor and went away. There is so much toxic garbage over there you just don't know what to expect will go wrong.

That's really weird about the goats. Especially the CIA guys. I wonder what was so special they drove you away from that....

Good on the info

Here's one offhand that i know of,
Northern leg of LIGO interferometer on Hanford Reservation.

A pre-stabilized laser emits a beam of up to 200 Watts that passes through an optical mode cleaner before reaching a beam splitter at the vertex of the L. There the beam splits into two paths, one for each arm of the L; each arm contains Fabry–Pérot cavities that store the beams and increase the effective path length.

LIGO's mission is to directly observe gravitational waves of cosmic origin. These waves were first predicted by Einstein's general theory of relativity in 1916, when the technology necessary for their detection did not yet exist. Observations of the binary pulsar PSR 1913+16 after its discovery in 1974 showed an orbital decay which matched Einstein's predictions. The Nobel Prize in Physics 1993[5] was awarded to Hulse and Taylor for this discovery.

Source
edit on 19-2-2014 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Just typed in 'chemtrails Yakima' and got these reports.

globalskywatch.com...

www.chemtrailcentral
57 trails, 8 planes, simultan. Yakima, April 7, 10:00 a.m. PostWed May 09, 2001

www.rense.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
I have never seen anything like this. I have seen what I believed to be chemtrails while training in Yakima, WA, but nothing like these dark ones...very interesting.

edit on 19-2-2014 by BoogieMan911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

It's disgusting that we make our peace with situations like these. You know, it doesn't have to be this way. Contaminating the environment is a CHOICE like any other. War, pollution, apathy - these are all choices, not necessities. There are no excuses, and we are all the victims. Down with corporate greed and human negligence forever! We could all have been born as one of those deformed children. The fact that we weren't means we should ALL do everything in our power to prevent such tragedies from occurring!

But whatever. Namaste. Good luck out there ATS, you're gonna need it.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   
My stepsister is due to have a baby in one month, and she lives in Medical Lake, Washington.
Looking it up, it is right next to this area. I don't think I should alert her to this, the least thing she needs is to worry at this point, but I admit I feel concerned now...

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
It's actually a farce, reading how the UN = One World Order, actually spreads propaganda regarding harm to humanity and who should be judged. What most Americans never saw was the carnage of Iraq and other middle east countries after the USA used depleted uranium over their lands and people. There is reference to this in the article but very little coverage.

I believe in 'what goes around...comes around.' Most do. With the number of birth defects, the lack of true reporting of the truth and to our own taught ignorance, we have the audacity to point fingers.

The UN is pushing again (as the USA) to harm Syria and Iran, yet Israel has never been 'made' to show their weapons of mass destruction. They refuse to.

Read up on Agenda 21 and you will soon 'learn' why we, humanity' is suffering. It was all planned and is coming to pass.
WE allowed it and still do today. There's a good video on youtube (Agenda 21) which will educate you on 'what's really going on.' Main stream media will never educate you.. you need to do it yourself or find an alternative site that will.

Peace!

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
This type of birth defect is usually caused by a deficiency in folic acid. Naural tube defects like spina bifida are almost exclusively from a lack of folic acid so I wonder if there is something that is keeping these women from processing folic acid in a form that their bodies can use. Maybe something is stopping the absorbtion of folic acid.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
There's more to the Hanford site than meets the eye:

Whistle-blower fired from Hanford nuclear site
(Source: USAToday.com, 8:19 p.m. EST February 18, 2014)

SPOKANE, Wash. (AP) — Whistle-blower Donna Busche, who raised safety concerns at the nation's most polluted nuclear weapons production site, was fired Tuesday from her job at the Hanford Nuclear Reservation.

Busche's complaints are part of a string of whistle-blower and other claims related to the design and safety of an unfinished waste treatment plant at Hanford.

Busche, 50, said she was called into the office Tuesday morning and told she was being fired for cause.

[...]

Busche is the second Hanford whistle-blower to be fired by URS in recent months. Walter Tamosaitis, who also raised safety concerns about the plant, was fired in October after 44 years of employment.

Busche was a "manager of environmental and nuclear safety at the waste treatment plant construction site," and filed a complaint over safety issues - then fired by management for "cause." Same thing with Walter Tamosaitis.

The article also acknowledged the public admission that:

Central to the cleanup is dealing with 53 million gallons of highly radioactive waste left from decades of plutonium production for the nation's nuclear weapons arsenal. The waste is stored in 177 aging underground tanks, many of which have leaked, threatening the groundwater and the neighboring Columbia River.

It seems that "highly radioactive waste" has indeed reached the groundwater and Columbia River.

It may well be the people with deficiencies in Folic Acid suffer from the affects of environmental contamination first, especially those who are pregnant.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I saw this today on Hanford:

www.commondreams.org...

The person responsible for overseeing the cleanup of the former nuclear weapons site in Hanford, Washington—the most contaminated in the United States—was fired on Tuesday after blowing the whistle on the dangerous conditions at the facility.

Donna Busche—manager of Environmental and Nuclear Safety for the San Francisco-based URS Corporation, a Hanford cleanup subcontractor hired by the federal government — is at least the third senior official who has been fired or forced out after raising the alarm about lack of safety at the site, according to the Los Angeles Times. She said executives told her she was being fired for “unprofessional conduct.”

“The Energy Department’s overall safety culture is broken and all they are doing now is sitting idly by,” Busche declared on Tuesday.

While URS claims Busche was not punished or retaliated against, Busche says she was "absolutely" targeted.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

you also got to take in account the yakima area is where most of our large scale(gmo) farms are as well and they are always testing new chemicals on their crops, it's like the unofficial test grounds for monsanto.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

I currently live in Benton County and have for 30 years, just in the past year the Dept of Energy & WTP (Waste Treatment Plant) operated by Bechtel have been caught with their pants around their ankles covering up numerous radio active waste leaks at the underground tank farm at Hanford. The amounts of waste leaking into our ground and water sources (specifically the Columbia river) have been measured at potentially lethal levels.

I recently visited the CREHST (Columbia River Exhibition of History, Science & Technology) museum in Richland, WA and had the opportunity to see a portion of one of these tanks and it scared the hell out of me. According to Hanford all it would take is an amount of this crap slightly smaller than a marble to kill 30,000 people... The vitrification plant is in the process of converting this waste to glass for proper disposal but the project keeps getting pushed back and Bechtel receives fines in the millions every time. Now tell me, what good is it fining a corporation if we're all going to be screwed anyway?

This is very serious and I hope this gets more media attention, I won't go as far as calling this a conspiracy but I will tell you I'm damn sure there is a huge cover up in progress and I am damn sure this is the cause of all the birth defects. The defects are ONLY happening in Benton, Franklin, and Yakima counties. This is not coincidence and if I had means of moving out of this area now is the time I would jump ship.

I don't know nuclear engineer lingo so forgive me for not being more thorough with this post, I guess I don't have much more to add but I hope and pray this gets more media attention. I know of a few ATS'ers living in Yakima county, so I hope to hear from you guys. I'm going to look for the pics I took at the museum when I get home tonight and I will post them here for you all to have a look at.

Be well.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldDisorder

Bechtel is a well connected government contractor as well.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

When I read your post it got me thinking about another thread running right now.

link

I live in Idaho and I've seen what happens when a dam breaks.

The chemical and biological site at Umatilla Wash. and several nuclear sites including Hanford are all below this dam.

It all sounds kinda spooky.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Per my earlier post, here are the pictures as promised. The first is a double shell waste tank, second is a small Uranium sample on display for tourists to test with a Geiger counter, third is yours truly next to a creepy looking mannequin dude in a radiation suit. This museum is currently closed and being relocated to Bateman Island in Richland, WA. If anyone is traveling through eastern Washington in the future I highly recommend a visit to this place, lots of WW2 and nuclear history! To stay on track though, these are leaking tanks used to store the waste, local news reports the concrete to be badly cracked and damaged partially due to sizable earth quakes over the past couple of years.

Double Shell Waste Tank

Uranium Sample

ME! If spooks actually do watch this site, here I am fellas, pics of my guns later.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join