It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon Fly-Over 4K Test.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Bosb33r

Forgive me here since I'm a total NOOB in this area, but how do you get 4k vid from a 550d? Is it recorded in 1080p then uploaded to youtube as 4k to get the highest quality out of youtube?

I'm even more curious about the equipment. I have no experience with real photography and especially this kind, but I've gotten some pretty good shots of the moon with my 650d. I'd love to know what kind telescopes are best for this kind of thing, and how I could use my 650d to record video, just as you are. I would really love to do the same thing. I know it isn't going to be cheap though..

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   

spacemanjupiter
reply to post by Bosb33r

Forgive me here since I'm a total NOOB in this area, but how do you get 4k vid from a 550d? Is it recorded in 1080p then uploaded to youtube as 4k to get the highest quality out of youtube?

I'm even more curious about the equipment. I have no experience with real photography and especially this kind, but I've gotten some pretty good shots of the moon with my 650d. I'd love to know what kind telescopes are best for this kind of thing, and how I could use my 650d to record video, just as you are. I would really love to do the same thing. I know it isn't going to be cheap though..

I was thinking the same thing even Magic Lantern on a Canon doesn't allow 4k video the only way to do 4k is timelapse!

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

wildespace
reply to post by Bosb33r

I tried a Youtube video at 4k resolution once, it gave me the "blue screen of death".

Great video, but I do wonder about the brown colour that is seen in almost every telescopic video of the Moon. What is it cause by?

Here's a screenie from your video, with colours normalised in Photoshop:

Most likely the white balance setting on the camera?

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
@spacemanjupiter, wmd_2008

Sorry i missed the post of you guys..
About the 4K it's just edited to 4K resolution with power director 12 it makes for sure a better video than the magix video editor in wmv1080p, indeed my camera doesn't allow 4K resolution the brown colour is most of the time when the moon rise, but you can also do it with the camera settings, on this video its when the moon rise it was also almost gold in the sky.

The Telescope on this video was a Huge and heavy M....
thats why i sold it way to heavy and almost broke my back haha.

But... a small telescope telelens like the MTO11CA will give very good images for the full moon in your screen and close ups with macro rings to change the focal lenght (and movie crop)

Bigger telescope's your moon will not fit in your screen, just saying when you buy a 8" telescope you can capture onlya half size of the moon, with movie crop a quarter, with movie crop and macro lenses well you see the results

I hope this helps.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Bosb33r
@spacemanjupiter, wmd_2008

Sorry i missed the post of you guys..
About the 4K it's just edited to 4K resolution with power director 12 it makes for sure a better video than the magix video editor in wmv1080p, indeed my camera doesn't allow 4K resolution the brown colour is most of the time when the moon rise, but you can also do it with the camera settings, on this video its when the moon rise it was also almost gold in the sky.

The Telescope on this video was a Huge and heavy M....
thats why i sold it way to heavy and almost broke my back haha.

But... a small telescope telelens like the MTO11CA will give very good images for the full moon in your screen and close ups with macro rings to change the focal lenght (and movie crop)

Bigger telescope's your moon will not fit in your screen, just saying when you buy a 8" telescope you can capture onlya half size of the moon, with movie crop a quarter, with movie crop and macro lenses well you see the results

I hope this helps.

Hi it's a good video yet again but it's not 4k it's up-scaled which is not the same I would stick to the best output your camera gives to save time, file size etc.

So once again keep up the good work! oh and s&f
edit on 24-2-2014 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join