It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four Questions for Atheists

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   

snypwsd
reply to post by ChesterJohn

Now that I have answered your questions do you mind answering mine? Yes I would mind

When people hear voices in their head is that god or schizophrenia? I don't know it never happened to me.

If God created every thing, who created god? I don't know that god is a created being.

Why would god allow pedofiles to be priests, nuns, fathers, bishops, popes? Permissive will the same will that allows you to live.

Now this is the question that no religious person has ever answered.

God made us in its image correct? That is what one book says
Us humans have discovered how to clone things, yes? not sure if they have or not

Scientists are working on a way to make mars a habitable planet by creating factories that create green house gasses to warm up the planet, so that the water in the ice caps (yes there is water on mars) can evaporate and create a livable atmosphere. Now in the 1950's there were three "aliens" from the planet Venus that came down to earth and talked to President Eisenhower to warn him that we are on the the path to distruction. The leader of those three was called Val Valiant Thor and he and his companions looked like normal humans. yeah sure they did

My question to you is this. Is it possible that the people on venus are our "god"? No

If they came down and gave you all the proof would you believe them? NO, but you would

edit on 19-2-2014 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   

jude11

here are the four answers to the four questions:

Is it reasonable that God has always existed?

Is it reasonable that God came from nothing?

Is it reasonable that life came from a God?

Is it reasonable that man progresses and animals never do?

Animals have and always will evolve. I won't even post references because it's just common knowledge.

Peace

These are not answer they are sophistic twistings

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   

snypwsd

ChesterJohn it is people like you that make athiests mad. Every time one of these threads comes up (religious person asking athiest) it seems like the Religious person asking the questions never remains in the conversation. We have answered your questions in hopes of having a nice conversation about it with you, BUT YOUR NOT HERE TO ANSWER OUR QUESTIONS....

That is not fair at all... Why start a thread if you your self will not comment on it?

The least you can do is man up and have a conversation with the rest of us, is that too much to ask for?? I guess so.

I never said I was religious in the OP and I am not an atheist.

My questions were not up for conversation they were up for answers. I simply want to know what people think answers to these questions should be. Some who answered are Atheist, maybe I should not have identified and specific group. some who answered are people of faith of some sort. Some who answered are just plain nuts.

I apologize if I am busy doing other things that I can't stay on ATS 24/7 to converse with you and others.

edit on 19-2-2014 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   

ChesterJohn
I have often listen to men who claim to be atheist that they use logic. And demean me because I trust in The Holy Bible as found in the AV. While I believe in creation many of these men do not. I have four questions I wanted answered yet when I asked one Atheist to answer them he went off in different directions and accusations against me instead of answering the questions.

Could anyone Atheist or not answer these four Questions for me.

here are the four questions

Is it reasonable that matter has always existed?

Is it reasonable that matter came from nothing?

Is it reasonable that life came from Non-life?

edit on 17-2-2014 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

Unknown
Unknown
Unknown
What is humankind progressing towards? Unknown.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Woodcarver

I have heard well meaning and good living Christians say that God created everything from nothing. Yet in every Bible I have read it never says that. As a matter of fact the very first book of the Bible in the first chapter shows him making things from available materials. I might be wrong maybe I missed a verse some where in all those readings I have made through the Bibles I read.

And as far as I can tell the earth, the depth, and the fountains of water (Prov8:22-24) were all created from God so they came from somewhere too.

I started the OP to get to get some idea of what others think on those questions. I have gotten a lot of answers and some very idiotic but still they are answers.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I want to take a moment here and thank all of you for attempting to answer these questions.

No harm was meant to anyone just wanting to know how people (I now believe I should not have used the term Atheist) would answer these questions.

thanks

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   

I see no harm in differentiating between theists and atheists. There is def a line in the sand. I am likewise thinking of starting a thread in the same spirit but it will be particularly questions for theists.

If you dont mind though, while we are here, could you comment on some of the more serious responses you have gotten? Some of us put a lot of effort and thought into our posts.
edit on 19-2-2014 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Woodcarver

I see no harm in differentiating between theists and atheists. There is def a line in the sand. I am likewise thinking of starting a thread in the same spirit but it will be particularly questions for theists.

If you dont mind though, while we are here, could you comment on some of the more serious responses you have gotten? Some of us put a lot of effort and thought into our posts.

I have no thought on what you or others have shared. I am observing the answers and have no reason to respond.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

ChesterJohn

Woodcarver

I have no thought on what you or others have shared. I am observing the answers and have no reason to respond.

That is some weak sauce right there.... Present these questions with the smug notion that you won't receive answers and then when people counter it and want answers you refuse to do so...
It is you choice to not respond, I just don't see people make threads to not respond to them.

I have gotten a lot of answers and some very idiotic but still they are answers.

Answers usually reflect the question, got an idiotic answer, may have been a idiotic question
edit on thWed, 19 Feb 2014 11:34:04 -0600America/Chicago220140480 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Sremmos80

ChesterJohn

Woodcarver

That is some weak sauce right there.... Present these questions with the smug notion that you won't receive answers and then when people counter it and want answers you refuse to do so...
It is you choice to not respond, I just don't see people make threads to not respond to them.

I have gotten a lot of answers and some very idiotic but still they are answers.

Answers usually reflect the question, got an idiotic answer, may have been a idiotic question
edit on thWed, 19 Feb 2014 11:34:04 -0600America/Chicago220140480 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

I have answered to some. But that was not my purpose my purpose was to see what kinds of answer I could get because in the past I could not get any answers from a certain group. If you want me to reply to some idiotic sophist reasonings I will not respond. I will respond to that which I feel motivated to. I did not say I wanted to carry on a discussion I asked for people to answer some questions.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Just an FYI then, when you create a thread, most think you want to have a discussion about it. Not just a hit and run.
You were posting for a reaction and you didn't get the one you wanted. People presented answers outside of what you were hoping for so you did not have a response IMO.
Where did you answer any of the questions that people number out for you?
They took the time to answer your questions in the format you provided, can you no do the same for them?

edit on thWed, 19 Feb 2014 13:33:08 -0600America/Chicago220140880 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Thats fine chester but with that attitude people are going to not take you seriously. Without reciprocation people are not going to respond to anymore of your posts. You are setting yourself up for failure and people will feel validated when they ignore you later.

Just saying.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Sremmos80

Just an FYI then, when you create a thread, most think you want to have a discussion about it. Not just a hit and run.
You were posting for a reaction and you didn't get the one you wanted. People presented answers outside of what you were hoping for so you did not have a response IMO.
Where did you answer any of the questions that people number out for you?
They took the time to answer your questions in the format you provided, can you no do the same for them?

edit on thWed, 19 Feb 2014 13:33:08 -0600America/Chicago220140880 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

Actually I got exactly what I wanted answers. they vary but they are there.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Well due every one a favor then and put that in the OP next time. Make it noted you plan to not answer anything and all you wanted was "answers"
Most that want answers will get them and then still have some questions about the answers they get. They then ask the person they got the answer form the new questions to get a even better understanding of the question originally asked. I am willing to bet if you let every one know you didn't plan to participate in your own thread you would of not received the same answers.
edit on thWed, 19 Feb 2014 17:27:01 -0600America/Chicago220140180 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

1. Exceptionally reasonable. Most likely existed in a form that would be unrecognizable to humans today.

2. Is this some sort of trick question? First you ask if it always existed then you ask if it came from nothing ; implying that it had to be created somehow which contradicts your first question.

3. Very probable. Given enough time, in the proper environment, the proper elements coalesced into single celled lifeforms, which evolved in to multi-cellular and so on.

4. Without a doubt. Our opposable thumbs combined with our mastery of fire sets us apart from all other creatures on the planet.

There are your answers. Would you explain why you asked these questions to begin with?

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Sremmos80

Well due every one a favor then and put that in the OP next time. Make it noted you plan to not answer anything and all you wanted was "answers"
Most that want answers will get them and then still have some questions about the answers they get. They then ask the person they got the answer form the new questions to get a even better understanding of the question originally asked. I am willing to bet if you let every one know you didn't plan to participate in your own thread you would of not received the same answers.
edit on thWed, 19 Feb 2014 17:27:01 -0600America/Chicago220140180 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

I did justask for answers inthe Op

Could anyone Atheist or not answer these four Questions for me.

Some questions I did answer and some I did not because like you know you can read somethings an know it would be a waste of time answering nonsense and I have other things to do than answer questions of troll and half-wits.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

My_Reality

1. Exceptionally reasonable. Most likely existed in a form that would be unrecognizable to humans today.

2. Is this some sort of trick question? First you ask if it always existed then you ask if it came from nothing ; implying that it had to be created somehow which contradicts your first question.

3. Very probable. Given enough time, in the proper environment, the proper elements coalesced into single celled lifeforms, which evolved in to multi-cellular and so on.

4. Without a doubt. Our opposable thumbs combined with our mastery of fire sets us apart from all other creatures on the planet.

There are your answers. Would you explain why you asked these questions to begin with?

I have been taking some time to find if matter comes from a source and if so what is that source.

Also, I wanted to know why some animals and insects to which we are finding that also have a fossil records have not changed/evolved/progressed at the same rate evolution of the changes/evolution/progress of man. And if there are some of those same animals and insect today that wee back then why is it we don't have any of the older types of man still walking the earth.

My second question was because I do not believe that matter came from nothing and was wanting to know if persons who are not religious believe that mater came from nothing. I had a deep argument with a Christian who insisted that matter came from nothing and I as a believe said it didn't.

Thanks for your answers. I have read all the post where people gave good answers however I did not respond to everyone posts or questions. some of which I knew it would be futile with some.

edit on 20-2-2014 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

It is not hard to figure out what formed matter.

All matter is finite and not infinite.

This means something must be infinite. A infinite Ether.

Whatever is infinite is also an absolute constant. And we all know from Math what that means.

That means the infinite Ether never can change on it own, and there is also nothing else physically present to form matter except the infinite.

For something absolute infinite to form finite it must have a will to do so. Because to Our knowledge something that is an absolute constant can not form matte randomly or by chance. How would it do that?

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Yes. yes. yes.

And animals progress and go through evolution all the time. It never stopped just because man came around. In fact, due to man's interference, there have been some fascinating progressions in the animal kingdom. Such as elephant tusks are now getting smaller or not growing at all so the elephants won't be killed for them.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

spy66

It is not hard to figure out what formed matter.

Would you care to describe this process for our viewers at home? Can you even list the three things that combine to form matter?

All matter is finite and not infinite.
this is not settled as a suitable experiment has not even been theorized. You shouldnt make assertions which have not been proven.

This means something must be infinite. A infinite Ether.

Now your just making up terms that dont even describe anything. What is an infinite ether, cuz they didnt tell me in any of my physics courses?

Whatever is infinite is also an absolute constant. And we all know from Math what that means.

I dont. Explain that one too.

That means the infinite Ether never can change on it own, and there is also nothing else physically present to form matter except the infinite.

Matter is not made of infinite. How much is a bottle of infinite ether? Because if its what i think it is we could totally win some awards. What does it consist of?

For something absolute infinite to form finite it must have a will to do so.

Can you demonstrate this with common household products?

Because to Our knowledge something that is an absolute constant can not form matte randomly or by chance. How would it do that?
im really not sure i can digest that word salad to be able to even give a sarcastic statement about what i think you just said.
edit on 20-2-2014 by Woodcarver because: My previous answer wasnt suitably sarcastic enough.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join