It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi: the Founding Fathers Would Totally Support Obamacare

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

buster2010
reply to post by beezzer

I also thought that the little dust-up we had with the King was over taxation.

You are half right. That little dust up was because of taxation without representation.

Just like the Care Act then eh.

Passed without representation.

Taxed without representation.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
The founding fathers would totally overthrow the government... not support tyranny.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

buster2010

neo96
reply to post by buster2010

Fine lets talk about history like California, Pelosi's state didn't exist at the writing of the Declaration, or the Constitution,.

And women didn't have the right to vote, and women congressman were unheard off.

So women should be told to get back into the kitchen and remember their place?

I'm thinking the thought was poorly worded and misunderstood............we shall see.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

buster2010

neo96

Fine lets talk about history like California, Pelosi's state didn't exist at the writing of the Declaration, or the Constitution,.

And women didn't have the right to vote, and women congressman were unheard off.

Did I say that ?

No.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

NavyDoc

buster2010
reply to post by neo96

The founding fathers would support being forced to buy a corporate products, and if they didn't they get fined by government for not doing so.

If you knew more about the founding fathers you would know they had no problem with forcing people to buy corporate products and tax people for corporate services.

The second militia act of 1792 forced all male citizens to buy weapons and ammo. Both of which are corporate products.

And passed a law in 1795 that charged a fee to ships that docked in America to help pay for medical services for injured sailors.

Jefferson also said in a letter to Madison that the wealthy should be taxed for every cent the government could get out of them to pay for social services to the poor.
Sounds like they would have had no problem with the ACA.

Fees and tariffs certainly were part of the constitution.

I'd like to see a copy of that letter from Jefferson to Madison.

No, they would have a problem with the ACA because they put in the 9th and 10th Amendments. Maintaining a militia was part of the Constitutionally duties enumerated for the Federal Government. Making sure everyone had healthcare was not. Both Madison and Jefferson would have said, and rightly so, it was a state issue, not one of the Federal government. If they would have wanted it to be, they would have insisted that it was put in there.

Here you go.

Equality
Here's the important part.

Another means of silently lessening the inequality of property is to exempt all from taxation below a certain point, and to tax the higher portions of property in geometrical progression as they rise.

I'll dumb it down for you. The wealthy owns the most property like it says in the letter.
edit on 17-2-2014 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I’d like Pelosi to go somewhere!

Kitchen? Sure! Why not?

Civilian life? Absolutely!

Silent retirement? Certainly!

Just go AWAY!

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

first the founders would have never passed a law with out knowing what was in it.
they use to squabble about every little detail about what a word meant.
edit on 17-2-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

neo96

buster2010

neo96

Did I say that ?

No.

Government needs to remember their place though.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

hounddoghowlie
reply to post by neo96

first the founders would have never passed a law with out knowing what was in it.
they use to squabble about every little detail about that a word meant.

Yeah I think the founders would have actually read the damn thing.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

It's always refreshing when our Govt. leaders throw out statements they can't validate/verify in their wildest dreams...

The founding fathers would probably say "what the hell is a female doing in Govt?"
edit on 17-2-2014 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

buster2010

neo96

That's exactly what the founding fathers would tell her. They would also ask why these slaves are in Congress. I'm not saying it's right I'm just saying that's the way it was.

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

buster2010

NavyDoc

buster2010
reply to post by neo96

The founding fathers would support being forced to buy a corporate products, and if they didn't they get fined by government for not doing so.

If you knew more about the founding fathers you would know they had no problem with forcing people to buy corporate products and tax people for corporate services.

The second militia act of 1792 forced all male citizens to buy weapons and ammo. Both of which are corporate products.

And passed a law in 1795 that charged a fee to ships that docked in America to help pay for medical services for injured sailors.

Jefferson also said in a letter to Madison that the wealthy should be taxed for every cent the government could get out of them to pay for social services to the poor.
Sounds like they would have had no problem with the ACA.

Fees and tariffs certainly were part of the constitution.

I'd like to see a copy of that letter from Jefferson to Madison.

No, they would have a problem with the ACA because they put in the 9th and 10th Amendments. Maintaining a militia was part of the Constitutionally duties enumerated for the Federal Government. Making sure everyone had healthcare was not. Both Madison and Jefferson would have said, and rightly so, it was a state issue, not one of the Federal government. If they would have wanted it to be, they would have insisted that it was put in there.

Here you go.

Equality
Here's the important part.

Another means of silently lessening the inequality of property is to exempt all from taxation below a certain point, and to tax the higher portions of property in geometrical progression as they rise.

I'll dumb it down for you. The wealthy owns the most property like it says in the letter.
edit on 17-2-2014 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

I see you cherry picked a letter that was discussing the amount of land kept idle by the nobility in France and how keeping such land idle in the hands of a few nobles was not in his opinion right when there were so many people who could and would work the land.

Nowhere in that letter is anything remotely like taking wealthy to provide social services for the poor. In fact social services are not even mentioned. It was about land and letting people work the land. Either you did not read it or you are being disingenuous with what he wrote.

I also see you neglected this line, right before the line you posted:

The descent of property of every kind therefore to all the children, or to all the brothers and sisters, or other relations in equal degree is a politic measure, and a practicable one.

Hmm. He also suggested having the nobles divide their lands up among their heirs, not having it rest in the hands of just one. Not exactly land redistribution there.

In fact, you missed this salient point:

I am conscious that an equal division of property is impracticable.

So he recognizes that redistribution is not workable.

But he said this:

It is too soon yet in our country to say that every man who cannot find employment but who can find uncultivated land, shall be at liberty to cultivate it, paying a moderate rent.

That someone without a job should cultivate land and PAY the owner rent to cultivate it. Nope, does not sound like taxation for social services either.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Oh, TOTALLY.

Any time Pelosi opens her mouth, it is something to flag. Good catch.

These people.....how is this possible?

Are they trying to prove how screwed we are?

Yup. It's cold because the earth is hot.

The nightmare that you cannot wake up from.

Does anyone believe that she, those of her kind, actually earned their power?

Now consider how hard they'll scheme in order to hang on to it.

These are death throes. They know it, too.

They'll need more cops, soon.

# 171
edit on 17-2-2014 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
It never fails to amaze me how America's founding fathers got into a complete tizz about taxation, but turned a complete blind eye to something more heinous...........namely slavery.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

Thats because America invented slavery! No wait, that's not right. Slavery still exists today, what are you doing about it now?

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

"the founding fathers would totally support my position" said every politician ever.

I lean liberal-libertarian, and my opinion on obamacare is it was a bait and switch that favors the mega corporations at the expense of regular folks. also, it's blatantly unconstitutional to require people to purchase health insurance.

obamacare is not socialized healthcare, let's be clear about that. it is corporatized healthcare. there's a difference.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Hoosierdaddy71

what are you doing about it now?

Not willing supporting anyone or anything that uses cheap labour.
What are you doing? Are you following your founding fathers actions or have you got a back bone?

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

alldaylong

Hoosierdaddy71

what are you doing about it now?

Not willing supporting anyone or anything that uses cheap labour.
What are you doing? Are you following your founding fathers actions or have you got a back bone?

Whatever your typing on now was most likely built with cheap labor, as well as the clothes you wear. And to be honest I'm not too concerned will all the worlds problems.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Hoosierdaddy71

Thats because America invented slavery! No wait, that's not right. Slavery still exists today, what are you doing about it now?

What am I DOING?? Well, I'm eating ravioli every Tuesday and lighting a single candle until things change..

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Pelosi never quits making a fool of herself, when you have no facts and the lie's are obvious then imposing there ideology on people that are not here to defend themselves is all that's left.

I would imagine the founding fathers could have used a good laugh in there day, Pelosi and Obamacare would have had them rolling on the floor.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join