It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Rational talk about Climate Change from NC Gov.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Of reevaluating prioritys in goverment spending.

You have a $800 billion defence budget and a military that can take on every country in the world at once. Exterme overkill comes to mind.

HAHA!!!

I bet you’d like to see America cut its defense budget. I’m sure there are many agendas at play in this global warming scam.

*steal more money from hard working people

*usurp more power from the same people

*dismantle the US military so those people are defenseless AND broke

*go after evil big businesses and steal their profits

*promote their buddies to make-believe, high paying positions of no real significance

*etc

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

thesaneone

So it's the United States that needs to flip for the bill?
Maybe when flood prone areas go under water the people should move to an area that doesn't have such problems seems cheaper to me.

He does have a point. The American government wastes way too much money on defense and other programs like foreign aid. If we did spend our money more conservatively our economy would be better.

If a person wants to live in a flood zone then they can buy insurance for it don't expect the government to pay for them being cheap.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

seabag

Why not?

Because Extreme weather can very well displace thousands of Americans, destroy billions in property and kill many. On top of that it going to play havoc with farming and crop growing.

Extreme weather doesn’t care if its man made or not. Its going to kill or destroy regardless and its here to stay.

seabag
Do you always entertain fantasies?

Its not fantasies, extreme weathers hitting more and more each year.

Doeant matter what the cause is. World climate is changing. Yes climate changes naturally. But it’s still changing doesn’t matter if its natural or not.

seabag
We already have plenty of pollution regulation in US. This carbon credit nonsense is nothing but a money-grabbing scheme.

I agree its just stupid gimmicks.

seabag
Many here on ATS bring up the term “sheeple” to describe people who blindly follow whatever TPTB say. Global Warming is different??

I agree the TPTB have misused and exploited the situation. Doesn’t mean they are completely wrong. Just that they are trying to exploit the situation.

seabag
This is REAL?? I think not!

Its real. and its happening.

Theres no debate.

Only debate is on whats causing it.

seabag
But HEY....if you want to give them your money and jar up your farts so they don't harm the ozone then go right ahead!

Its all extremes with you guys isn’t it. Its either full on pro oil do what you like or Greenpeace sandal wearing , vegan hippy. No inbetween
Only fools think like that.

No Im not interesting or agree with most government schemes or any of this hippy crap.

But there some things we can do. And things we should change.

first thing we can do is change were our energy comes from. Thorium Nuclear power is one such area.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

The OP has the Governor of NC saying let's not argue about global climate change but do our best to clean up the environment. What's wrong with that as a good first step? We are an astonishingly wasteful and destructive species. Let's stop polluting this world - at the moment it's the only one we have.

Translation of the Governor’s comments: Let’s not argue about global climate change. Let’s just go along with the largest scam ever perpetrated by the scientific community. Just look the other way as we further control your life with our smart meters. Just look the other way when we start charging you totally fabricated carbon taxes. We’re not as bad as seabag says we are…you can TRUST us.

FORWARD!!

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

If it's a global issue then it should be a global issue not an American only issue.
People like crazy will use any chance to bash on America no matter what the subject.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

thesaneone

If it's a global issue then it should be a global issue not an American only issue.
People like crazy will use any chance to bash on America no matter what the subject.

So just because America cannot tell the rest of the world to do then we should just say to hell with it? Well some third world nation doesn't want to clean up their environment so we won't clean up ours. That's a real good way of thinking.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

seabag

HAHA!!!

I bet you’d like to see America cut its defense budget. I’m sure there are many agendas at play in this global warming scam.

YEah cause Britains a enemy of the USA we are just waiting for a chance to attack you......

seabag
*steal more money from hard working people

never said that. So DONT MISSQUOTE ME

seabag
*usurp more power from the same people

See above.

seabag
*dismantle the US military so those people are defenseless AND broke

You could slash you defence budget by half and still have a bigger budget than both China and Russia combined!

Hardly DEFENCELSS!!!!!

You could still DEFEND your self. Just not ATTACK.

Just means you have to cut your world policeing and foreign invasions.....o dear what a shame.

Why bomb 3rd world countrys into oblivion when people back at home are dying and loseing ther homes.....yeah very smart.

seabag
*go after evil big businesses and steal their profits

*promote their buddies to make-believe, high paying positions of no real significance

*etc [/quote
Again never said that.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

thesaneone

Erm where did I bash America?
Where ?

Yeah its a Global issue! Never said it wasnt!

Which means America has to play its part along with the EU and China.

USA can pay for its own weather defences.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Can you please tone the needlessly angry and confrontational tone down? And then perhaps agree that we need to tidy up our environment a bit? What's wrong with that?

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I don't want Americans to tell other countries anything and I sure as he'll don't want other countries to tell us what we should do.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

There is nothing anyone can do about the weather except go indoors.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

thesaneone

So it's the United States that needs to flip for the bill?

Never said you did have to pay for the world. You can pay your own freaking bills.

thesaneone
Maybe when flood prone areas go under water the people should move to an area that doesn't have such problems seems cheaper to me.

O to think in such ignorant and simplitic terms. They do say ignorance is bliss.

Areas that wernt flood risk areas are now becomeing flood risk areas.

And its not just houseing.

Extreme weather is going to hurt your econemy and yoru food production.
edit on 17-2-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

YEah cause Britains a enemy of the USA we are just waiting for a chance to attack you......

That’s not what I meant. There are plenty of American’s who would like to see the US military dismantled. That doesn’t mean they want t attack either. Some people would just like to see the great US taken down a few notches, including our POTUS.

You could slash you defence budget by half and still have a bigger budget than both China and Russia combined!

Hardly DEFENCELSS!!!!!

You could still DEFEND your self. Just not ATTACK.

But we reserve the right to ATTACK.

Just means you have to cut your world policeing and foreign invasions.....o dear what a shame.
I’m with you on that one! No more global policing. If we have to go to war, we go in full blast with no mercy. Otherwise, we mind our own damn business!

Look, there is no need to cut anything. Global warming is NOT something a mountain of money can fix. We didn’t cause it and there’s nothing we can do to change it. We have to adapt and overcome. Nice try though!

edit on 17-2-2014 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

thesaneone

I don't want Americans to tell other countries anything and I sure as he'll don't want other countries to tell us what we should do.

Well dont JOIN A INTERNATIONAL FORUM THEN!

Im sure there are American only forums you can all join and be stupid and dumb on together.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

seabag

But we reserve the right to ATTACK.

BULL SHIZ

Why?

Then so does North Korea and Iran then.

I guess the Al Queda had a right to attack you then!

No sympathy here from me.

Your miliatary should be for the DEFENCE of your own country.

With half you miltary budget you would have enough power to still protect your COUNTY.

Why do you want more? Or do you get off on empire building and imperlism?

seabag
Look, there is no need to cut anything.

yes there is, you military is overkill. Not just overkill, it not only crosses that line but craps on it.

seabag
Global warming is NOT something a mountain of money can fix.

I agree.

seabag
We didn’t cause it

still debatable.

seabag
and there’s nothing we can do to change it.

Agree

seabag
We have to adapt and overcome.

THATS WHAT IM SAYING"

seabag
Nice try though!

Try and what?

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

thesaneone

Yeah untl a F5 tornado comes and takes your house away with you in it.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

AngryCymraeg
reply to post by seabag

Can you please tone the needlessly angry and confrontational tone down? And then perhaps agree that we need to tidy up our environment a bit? What's wrong with that?

I’m being neither angry nor confrontational.

What's there to tidy up? If businesses pollute, they get fined. We have an EPA. What do you want???? More government control over our lives? More taxes? More regulation? That's exactly what we'll get by supporting this nonsense.

By all means - Do your part to keep the environment clean!! But don't run to government for help! Government NEVER helps...it screws things up worse.

Obama and the climate change alarmists can tell me what temperature to run my AC as soon as THEY START PAYING THE F-N BILL and not a moment sooner!

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

crazyewok

thesaneone

EVEN THEN.....theres still nothing you can do about it.

ESPECIALLY THEN! LOL

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Public shelters.

Disaster relief plans ect

Or would you rather just leave people in the rubble without any help?

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

crazyewok

thesaneone

Oh please.
Again there is nothing anyone can do to protect from the weather also 2013 tornado activity was low.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join