It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Rational talk about Climate Change from NC Gov.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
www.wral.com...
NC Gov. Pat McCrory discusses climate change with Face the Nation. His views just make sense. Instead of argue over climate change and who to blame, let's do all we can to clean up the environment. If AGW is man made, then doing this will head us in the right direction. If AGW is caused by nature, then cleaning up the environment will still help all of us have a nicer place to live.

"Governor, a couple of years ago, you made a remark that caught a lot of people's attention. You said that global warming is 'in God's hands,'" Schieffer said. "After what you've - going through this thing, do you still feel that way? Is there something we ought to be doing about it in the meantime?"

"I think someone took a chop off the total sentence there," McCrory responded. "I will say this: I feel that there's always been climate change. The debate is, really, how much of it is man-made and how much will it cost to have any impact on climate change.

"My main argument is, let's clean up the environment, and as mayor and now as governor, I'm spending my time cleaning our air, cleaning our water, cleaning the ground," he continued. "I think that's where the argument should be on both the left and the right, and if that has an impact on climate change, good. But I think that's where the real argument should be, is doing what we can to clean up our environment.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

If AGW is man made, then doing this will head us in the right direction.

Since global warming is NOT man-made, what direction will this lead us?

What he said sounds to me like a sensible, rational appeal to push the same BS hoax.

edit on 17-2-2014 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Cleaning up seems to be something that will appeal to everyone. (except those who have to actually pay for it and do it)

But at some point we have to drop the whole "who do I blame for this" mentality. It's so counterproductive.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Cleaning up seems to be something that will appeal to everyone. (except those who have to actually pay for it and do it)
Cleaning up what? What does it even mean to “clean the environment”?

But at some point we have to drop the whole "who do I blame for this" mentality. It's so counterproductive.
How can you change the tone when the entire premise is based on blaming man? This topic really should insult our intelligence. It is supremely arrogant (and almost completely illogical) to think that MAN has had such a profound impact on the environment in such a short time on this planet as to cause damaging climate changes!

Ridiculous! LOL

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

seabag

Since AGW is NOT man-made,

That debatable.

What are your sources?

To me there is a number of factors. Man being one of them. We might not be causing it in itself but we are likely speeding it up.

seabag

what direction will this lead us?

What he said sounds to me like a sensible, rational appeal to push the same BS hoax.

So what we just put our fingers in our ears and ignore it?

Human caused or not. THERE IS A FREAKING PROBLEM! Grow up and stop playing the blame game. We need to focus on mitigating the extreme weather that’s going to hit the world. Better city planning, better flood defences, better hurricane defences, better evacuation and disaster relief plans ect.

And in the long term we do need to slowly wean ourselves off fossil fuels. Because they wont last forever Which means investment in REAL alternatives like Thorium Nuclear power and hopeful since the new breakthroughs fusion along with bio fuels.

No silly green taxes, building wind farms and telling people to buy pathetic Toyota Prius is not going to help one little bit.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

While I agree with you, Cleaning the environment would consist of trying to reduce toxic emissions from Coal fired power plants, finding a better, cleaner fuel source than gasoline, recycling plastics. All basic common sense type stuff. You don't have to be a tree humper to realize that the plastic bags and water bottles are going to continue to be an issue and only get worse as time goes on if we don't make a few changes.

But we need smart people to be trying to enact these changes. If we let the idiots do it, then it will cost too much and end up not working. I sure hope the smart people aren't too damn arrogant to see the issues over the hype.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

seabag
Cleaning up what? What does it even mean to “clean the environment”?

Well you can start here

Cleaning the environment doesnt just mean CO2 which to be honnest cant be helped.

seabag
How can you change the tone when the entire premise is based on blaming man? This topic really should insult our intelligence. It is supremely arrogant (and almost completely illogical) to think that MAN has had such a profound impact on the environment in such a short time on this planet as to cause damaging climate changes!

Again with the blame game!

It doesnt matter man or not!

Extreme weather is not going to care who fault it is when it hits.

Are you that dense you dont see the problem?

No it likley we cant stop climate change anymore than we can stop the tides.

But we need to PREPARE for it!

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
First off...mankind has got to become more responsible. Period. Does it mean we caused "climate change"? Absolutely not. It does mean, however, that humans need to put greed aside and stop being so reckless because some of the things we do are not good for the environment we live in. Will it ever happen? Not as long as there is "wealth" to be made from consumers.

Humans have ruined entire ecosystems. We have also polluted the atmosphere in areas all across the globe, and some so bad they can't even see the sunset, or sunrise so they need LCD TV's to hide from the truth (search China's fake sunset). America has only recently begun cleaning up its act and largely because the government forced regulations upon pollution laden industries. Rightly so, as the CEO's and board members didn't think to clean up their acts collectively by themselves. It took regulation to force morality. Who would've thought the gov't actually did something for it's people? So what did the business owners do? Packed up their businesses and jobs and moved overseas. Where the SAME exact problem persists today. So who do we blame here?

We have destroyed lands, polluted airways, ruined waterways and eliminated species of animals. The facts are easily sought out if one takes the time to research. If you drive around America, you see trash all over the place on roadsides, hillsides and front yards. Why? Because alot of people just don't care. They are happily living the fallacy that we don't destroy anything or cause any damage to the environment we live in. I see it on the very state highway I reside on. It is disgusting to deny we have a pollution problem. We need to focus on being responsible. That doesn't mean the gov't has to tell us. Our mothers taught us all to pick up after ourselves...so where did we lose that mentality?

We can all do something about it and it doesn't involve the government or taxing the rich, which is what they want to do. We can clean our waterways, airways and front yards if we all collectively begin to care about the Earth upon which we live. We start picking up after ourselves and stop being lazy. Business owners do their best to eliminate the pollution they produce by coming up with their own real solutions rather than waiting for the gov't to mandate how they must act. It is ridiculous that industries and businesses must be forced by gov't to do things they morally should be doing in the first place. Then again, we as consumers continue to buy the same chinese junk that is produced in the same factories that pump out all the nasty toxins in their atmosphere.

Let's face it....profits first right?

Wrong. The climate is going to change if humans are here or not, but we must do our best to clean up after ourselves. We should have as little influence on our environment as possible...and I'm no hippie.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

So what we just put our fingers in our ears and ignore it?

Why not?

Do you always entertain fantasies?

We already have plenty of pollution regulation in US. This carbon credit nonsense is nothing but a money-grabbing scheme.

Many here on ATS bring up the term “sheeple” to describe people who blindly follow whatever TPTB say. Global Warming is different?? This is REAL?? I think not!

But HEY....if you want to give them your money and jar up your farts so they don't harm the ozone then go right ahead!

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

seabag

Since AGW is NOT man-made, what direction will this lead us?

A slight correction in terminology, and correct me if I am wrong: AGW stands for Anthropogenic (man-made) Global Warming. Therefore, by definition AGW is inherently man-made.

I understand what you meant, and I agree.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

network dude
reply to post by seabag

But if politicians didn't play the "who do I blame for this catastrophe" game, they'd have to actually do their jobs. We can't have that can we?
edit on 17-2-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

So every city every town in the world needs to start doing what exactly and where is all this money coming from?

I live in a part of the country that stays the same as weather and climate is concerned hot in the summer and warm in the winter.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

If you want to see how regulation in the US is doing, go have a look at West Virginia and all the spills of polluted water into the rivers there. The next time I hear a CEO whining about too much regulation I want to dare him to drink a glass of water from wherever his nearest factory is.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
How much is this going to cost?

I mean, it's all about taking/taxing more, isn't it?

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

AngryCymraeg
reply to post by seabag

If you want to see how regulation in the US is doing, go have a look at West Virginia and all the spills of polluted water into the rivers there. The next time I hear a CEO whining about too much regulation I want to dare him to drink a glass of water from wherever his nearest factory is.

I don't dispute that we can do better....but is feeding the NWO global warming cabal going to clean the water in W. Virginia?

Think about it.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

thesaneone

So every city every town in the world needs to start doing what exactly and where is all this money coming from?

Not every city or town.

But in high risk areas the flood and extreme weather defences need to be looked at.

What do you suggest nothing?

So if New Orleans goes under again or New York or Atlanta stuff em ?

As for money.

Well Maybe it can come from that $800 Billion doller defence budget of yours! Extreme weather to me seems to be a bigger threat than a abunch of goat herders in some 3rd world country.

thesaneone
I live in a part of the country that stays the same as weather and climate is concerned hot in the summer and warm in the winter.

Id laugh my arse off if that changes.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

beezzer

Of reevaluating prioritys in goverment spending.

You have a $800 billion defence budget and a military that can take on every country in the world at once. Exterme overkill comes to mind.

Extreme weather is likley to kill more Americans and damage more american property than any country or terrorist. Defence is defence be it a Pissed off muslim or Hurricane.

Instead of taxing more maybe look at better spending.
edit on 17-2-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

So it's the United States that needs to flip for the bill?
Maybe when flood prone areas go under water the people should move to an area that doesn't have such problems seems cheaper to me.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

beezzer

Let the industries that pump millions of tons of pollutants into the air pay for it. But if the government was to place a tax on these companies they will just jack up their prices to the public so the tax payers will end up paying for it.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

seabag

AngryCymraeg
reply to post by seabag

I don't dispute that we can do better....but is feeding the NWO global warming cabal going to clean the water in W. Virginia?

Think about it.

The OP has the Governor of NC saying let's not argue about global climate change but do our best to clean up the environment. What's wrong with that as a good first step? We are an astonishingly wasteful and destructive species. Let's stop polluting this world - at the moment it's the only one we have.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join