It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has a ghost been caught on camera at 'haunted' pub?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Just saw this on Facebook....I dont know what to make of it, seems to me like the Pub is lighting up by passing traffic, but then something does look out of place...what do you all think.?

Spooked staff at one of Britain's oldest pubs believe they have caught a ghost on CCTV. The freaky footage, which appears to show a shadowy figure flickering into view by the bar, was filmed at Ye Olde Man and Scythe in Bolton. Manager Tony Dooley spotted the spectre when he checked the cameras on Friday morning and found they had mysteriously stopped recording at 6.18am
www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk...

Youtube Video here.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
there seems to be a problem with the youtube link, but the video plays ok on the other link. here is a screencapture from the video, of what is, i think, the suspected 'ghost'

i1208.photobucket.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

I am open to the existence, but just to play the role of skeptic, could have been a prank by other bar staff?

Not 100% on the mechanics of how you would pull that one off though...

Good find S+F

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Now you do know that pub's are licenced to serve spirit's right.

Now seriously there are many haunted pub's up and down the country, My ex brother in law was a Bass brewery manager as was his Father.
They used to run a public house in Skelmersdale in Lancashire called the Toby inn, My mother was (she does not drink) there and the pub was closed but as we were essentially family, An old man walked past and my mother assumbed it was somebody to do with old George whom was the licensee as the pub but when she asked him she was shocked as it turned out she was the only one to have seen him but old George simly said Alice you are not the only one to have seen him, indeed quite a few others had seen him, now the pub was split in two the old house was used for functions back then and the puc was in a large former stable next to it which was in the form of a 3 sided square of building's all connected and it was in that building my mother and others had seen this, now the house part which I believe is not the pub and they had swapped the function room to the stable had at every night the strong smell of roasting beef which was a most appetizins smell fill the house though no one was cooking there.
The pub itself was once an old hall and had hundreds of years of prior history before being bought and converted by Bass brewery.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

edit on 17-2-2014 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

Decided I'd help you out OP with your YT video

That's definitely an interesting clip.. If we trust the source, meaning, we don't believe they "staged" this and it's legit, then I think we have something here...

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

RoScoLaz
there seems to be a problem with the youtube link, but the video plays ok on the other link. here is a screencapture from the video, of what is, i think, the suspected 'ghost'

i1208.photobucket.com...

nice capture....

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

jhn7537

Decided I'd help you out OP with your YT video

That's definitely an interesting clip.. If we trust the source, meaning, we don't believe they "staged" this and it's legit, then I think we have something here...

I would say it was lightening reflecting off the various surfaces and the lenses of the camera.

Peace,

korg.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Tis the Irish Spirit in fer a pint, laddie. Will yeh be havin' a problem with that?

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

AfterInfinity

Tis the Irish Spirit in fer a pint, laddie. Will yeh be havin' a problem with that?

Captain Barbossa is that you..?

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Seriously?

I'm a total "believer" in that I've had ghosts proven to me... but this is theatrical and rather ...dumb.

A total horrible, hackneyed hoax... if in a movie it would be a groaner.

Seriously??

Edit: But I want to add, thank you for perusing Youtube and bringing it to our collective attention anyway... forgot to be polite.

edit on 2/17/2014 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I had the good fortune to have seen 3 ghosts at the same time while walking along a country lane in Essex, UK many years ago with 2 friends. The image seen in the CCTV is exactly the same - an definite outline of the person without substance and from inside. I think this image is the real deal!!

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

IDK about having something here, I know you didn't say that exactly I am not trying to put words in your mouth here its only that your post made me think about something. So IF ghosts are spirits of the dead (apparently every "psychic" at least I have heard claim) then there has to be trillions of trillions of ghosts. Now with trillions and trillions of ghosts and billions upon billions of cameras everywhere, I would think that recording this phenomenon would happen on camera like a whole WHOOOOOOOLE lot more often. This is simply not the case a lot more of these videos turn out to be a hoax rather then a recording of unexplainable activity of sorts. I would think that instead of people making tv shows about them going through creepy looking places and making theatrics a real paranormal hunter would spend tireless hours requesting and watching these CCTV cameras and doing there homework, it makes more sense to me at least then running amok filming nothing but old houses and public works. Like archeology spends 90% of its time in the books perhaps those people should do the same with the CCTV vids (of course if they can get them by request in large numbers)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Some kind of photographic anomaly.

If they use the same tape over and over, I guess it's possible that images from previous recordings, that haven't been fully wiped, could appear on the fresh recording.

Most of us have experienced this for ourselves - I remember taping a TV prog and the video came out fine but the audio was of the prog that I'd recorded over...that was very spooky.

It suggested to me that we don't really wipe any recordings, we just add the new recording like a thin veneer over the previous ones. The previous ones are still there, even if we can't see them most of the time. If we had the know-how, we could retrieve the older stuff by peeling away each veneer.

Maybe something similar happens in life?

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I'm not going to say this is what's happening here, but:

If at the end of the bar a sheet of clear plastic was set up, then a picture could be projected onto it. If that picture was produced from a darkened (not fully just slightly) then it could be used to produce an image like this along with the light flickering that is seen before and after the "Ghost" appears. Anyone else this this "Ghost" looks like a Jedi from one of "those" movies?

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Can anyone explain me why there's a shadow going across the right wall?
And does the light come from cars, or? Could that explain the moving shadow?

Nice video.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Soloprotocol

AfterInfinity

Captain Barbossa is that you..?

No, just an American doing a really bad Scottish impression.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Baddogma
Seriously?

I'm a total "believer" in that I've had ghosts proven to me... but this is theatrical and rather ...dumb.

A total horrible, hackneyed hoax... if in a movie it would be a groaner.

Seriously??

Edit: But I want to add, thank you for perusing Youtube and bringing it to our collective attention anyway... forgot to be polite.

edit on 2/17/2014 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

I'm also a believer, based on experience, and also, like you, think this is faked. It looks like a speeded up recording of a figure walking around shining a torch here and there. You can see it illuminate the wall at 0:19/0:20. The apparent real time counter could have been added to the video later.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Cool vid

There is a pub in the town my grandma use to live in that had a bar stool that nobody could sit on, the story was that the seat was taken up by the pub's resident "ghost". When someone tried to sit on the bar stool it would spin, stopping anyone actually sitting on it.

I think old pubs tend to attract more ghosts, due to the fact that if you were going to be stuck anywhere for eternity--you will want a place that serves beer and has the cricket on!.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Looks like a light source behind the camera strobe flashing like a cop car or something...maybe also someone was standing in between the light source and the camera...

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   

kuraijanai2013
I had the good fortune to have seen 3 ghosts at the same time while walking along a country lane in Essex, UK many years ago with 2 friends. The image seen in the CCTV is exactly the same - an definite outline of the person without substance and from inside. I think this image is the real deal!!

There are events that we still cannot explain... but ghostly apparitions of a spiritual nature are more than highly unlikely as the cause.

There was one event I recall being reported of a poltergeist throwing things around the room.... it was later discovered that the property was built under a disused coal mine shaft that acted like a big speaker cone emitting very low frequency sound waves that caused the house to vibrate in sympathetic resonance.

There is always a scientific answer... you just either have insufficient data to form a hypothesis or lack the ability to process the data that's there.

And frankly I would have expected someone whom has Captain Jean-Luc Picard as your avatar would have been more objective when faced with phenomena of an unknown origin.

Peace,

Korg.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join