It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photos: The Greatest Evidence UFOs Don't Exist

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I came across this interesting and, in my opinion, spot on article on the lack of good UFO photographs. There have been tens maybe hundreds of thousands of seemingly credible close encounters, many in our current modern era, where everybody seems to have a cell phone camera. Why do we have a handful of genuinely unidentified UFO photos?

link

In our modern world, nearly everybody has a digital camera in their cell phone. Hundreds of thousands of surveillance cameras watch our streets, banks, and any facility of any importance. There are even dozens of always-operating surveillance cameras recording the sky day and night, set to capture imagery of UFO's. According to polls, there should be nearly a hundred close encounters with UFO's a night in the USA alone. Where are these pictures?

If there is a car chase, a burst water main, bad weather, a tornado, a plane crash - any rare event at all that is of the slightest news interest - there is amateur video of it. Where are the hundreds of cell phone movies of close encounters? Where are the thousands of surveillance videos of nocturnal lights and daylight discs?
This is the greatest evidence that UFO's in fact do not exist, at least nowhere except the mind of the observer…

Occasionally witnesses will report all electronics (including cell phone cameras etc...) shutting down or going wild during encounters with UFOs. Indeed, electromagnetic effects are a common theme among the more credible UFO sightings.

link

In addition, witnesses will sometimes report being so amazed by whatever they are witnessing that they will forget to take a picture, or chose not to in fear of missing the spectacle unfolding before their eyes.

Perhaps this is true, but at times these ideas seem more like excuses than anything else.

What say you, ATS?
edit on 17-2-2014 by thesearchfortruth because: changed wording

+18 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Because maybe there's not "hundreds of thousands" of 'actual' sightings.

As for the 'actual' sightings It's likely many people are unprepared and do not think; They freeze up/and or before they realize to take a picture It's over.

Also, no, not everybody has a camera at hand during their sighting.
There's nothing that can prepare you for a sighting.

I enjoy you calling the reasons for lack of photos excuses.
Let me know when you have a sighting, and if you have a high tech camera (other than a cell phone) on you and actually remember to use it.

Your thread has no basis.

edit on 2/17/2014 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
well, I could use the old saying an absence of evidence is not evidence of absence...

but it's a bit clichéd. so instead I will say, how do we know that the photographic evidence we do have, is not legit, or how can we be sure it is not.

It would certainly help to have an abundance of it, sure. I agree with that. But we're humans. We do not always look up. We do not always notice the obvious. We often see what we want to see, and our minds let us see what we choose to see.

so it doesn't prove anything to me. one way or another. even with a plethora of evidence, I would need far more than a photograph, or video clip. I would need supporting anecdotal evidence by many numerous unrelated witnesses.

and certainly not all of them on youtube.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by thesearchfortruth

Funny people don't believe in a God but want to believe in aliens. God being spiritual and aliens being physical I think the laugh is on the aliens believers don't you?

+16 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by MadMax9

Yes. It's hilarious.
You're an incredible comedian.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   
ATS chorus line....

" Picture or it didn't happen "

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by unb3k44n7

Because maybe there's not "hundreds of thousands" of 'actual' sightings.

This many are reported. Are you suggesting the witnesses are making up these stories? I'm confused.

As for the 'actual' sightings It's likely many people are unprepared and do not think; They freeze up/and or before they realize to take a picture It's over.

Possible. Yes. However to me it seems suspicious for the hundreds of thousands of encounters reported we literally have only a few good photographs (meaning not hoaxed, unidentified, + fits description given by witness). Do ALL these witnesses invariably freeze up?

Also, no, not everybody has a camera at hand during their sighting.
There's nothing that can prepare you for a sighting.

Irrelevant.
It was never claimed that every body has a camera, or that the witnesses are prepared for a sighting.

I enjoy you calling the reasons for lack of photos excuses.
Let me know when you have a sighting, and if you have a high tech camera (other than a cell phone) on you and actually remember to use it.

Your thread has no basis.

I'm sorry you missed my point.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   

thedeadtruth
ATS chorus line....

" Picture or it didn't happen "

Not saying encounters "aren't happening" or that UFOs don't exist.

I'm not drawing any conclusions, just noticing the lack of good photos compared to the number of sightings seems suspicious.
edit on 17-2-2014 by thesearchfortruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   

MadMax9

Funny people don't believe in a God but want to believe in aliens. God being spiritual and aliens being physical I think the laugh is on the aliens believers don't you?

In fact, I think it is very possible aliens are indeed visiting Earth or at least did for a while back in the 40s and 50s. I wouldn't laugh at either of the beliefs.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   

MadMax9

I have never seen God, but I believe in there being a God. I have seen UFO's that I KNOW were intelligently controlled life forms that are alien to us. Ya see, its not that I believe that there might be UFO's controlled by beings that are alien to us, I know for a fact there are.

Pladuim

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   

This many are reported. Are you suggesting the witnesses are making up these stories? I'm confused.

Yup - Many do.

However this doesn't mean there are no witnesses to 'actual' UFO sightings that sport 'actual' reports.

Possible. Yes. However to me it seems suspicious for the hundreds of thousands of encounters reported we literally have only a few good photographs (meaning not hoaxed, unidentified, + fits description given by witness). Do ALL these witnesses invariably freeze up?

Simple answer: The "hundreds of thousands of encounters" reported are in fact illegitimate. Not always on purpose. People make mistakes; misunderstand what they are seeing, but on purpose is not unheard of either.

Take those "hundreds of thousands and weed through them, when you're done only a small fraction of them remain legitimate. And then take that small fraction and ask those people what happened and why there is no photo or video. Tell me what you come up with?

-It's possible to discern fact from fiction.

"Good" photographs AKA ones that are not taken via cell phone?

How many people do you know who carry around professinal-grade recording devices/cameras with them at hand every moment wherever they go. I'll answer it for you - Almost no one. These would be the "good" photographs right...

I'm sorry you missed my point.

I'm sorry you missed mine. Your point is UFO's are not real. My point is yes they are.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   

thesearchfortruth

MadMax9

In fact, I think it is very possible aliens are indeed visiting Earth or at least did for a while back in the 40s and 50s. I wouldn't laugh at either of the beliefs.

as far as evidence is concerned, the pictures from the 40's and 50's were terrible fakes. i just believe that a species being able to evolve to the point of time travel/intergalactic travel etc etc might be extremely rare even impossible.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
We probably do have some legimate pics/film, the problem is photographic evidence itself more so than lack of. It's the alien pics that seem to be lacking. Hrmmm.

edit on 17-2-2014 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   

I'm sorry you missed mine. Your point is UFO's are not real. My point is yes they are.

You are telling me what my point is? Where did I claim UFOs were not real?

Perhaps you have misread?

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Yup - Many do.

However this doesn't mean "real" ones never happened.

To clarify:

I lean towards believing UFOs represent some kind of non-human intelligence—be it aliens, time travelers whatever. The only point I am trying to make is that the number of photos seem suspicious compared to the number of sightings.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   

You are telling me what my point is? Where did I claim UFOs were not real?

Perhaps you have misread?

Your thread title must say "Photos: The Greatest Evidence UFO's Exist."

I must have misread.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Just like my sighting a while back. Both me and the kiddo had phones with cameras, but it didn't last long enough to get it on film. Plus, that was the last thing on my mind. I was stunned by what I was seeing. It wasn't before well afterwords when I actually thought, "Man, I should have taken a picture".

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Or perhaps you didn't understand?

I believe there is evidence that UFOs do exist and evidence that they don't exist. I try to see both sides of the argument.

did you assume that because I brought up an argument against the existence of UFOs I didn't believe in them? Read my post directly above yours here
edit on 17-2-2014 by thesearchfortruth because: link

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Then change your tItle and your general content.
I see your implications leaning ever so slightly more one way than the other.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   

unb3k44n7

Then change your tItle and your general content.

Why? I see no reason to.

I see your implications leaning ever so slightly more one way than the other.

Perhaps this is because I am bringing up one of the skeptical arguments against the existence of UFOs? Is it really so hard to believe that a believer would recognize and discuss skeptical points?

Have you read this post?
edit on 17-2-2014 by thesearchfortruth because: link

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join