It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Disinformation from "Reliable" Mainstream Sources about Prion Disease?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

...But couldn't this be an unintended consequence of - scientists playing god - tinkering in nature herself? Why does it have to be a diabolical plan set in motion against the masses by "them"? ...Why can't it be just a big colossal whoops - maybe we shouldn't interfere with billions of years of evolution...

That is exactly what I'm saying -and have been saying for almost a decade- it's a big colossal whoops that's been brushed under the carpet. Now, instead of removing the causes, "They" plan to remove the victims via euthanasia.

We require a paradigm shift that accommodates prion science - not a plan to continue hiding the truth and killing off the evidence.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Yep. That's why the WEF says it's "not a health problem, it's an economic problem."

Because TPTB refused to acknowledge the original problem -its causes and effects- we now have a chronic disease pandemic that includes the dementias and a whole range of proteinopathies, and it's become a HUGE economic problem. Even nations that do not have social supports are being bankrupted by the Proteinopathy Pandemic through loss of GDP (because they're losing legions of productive workers to debilitating illness).

ED. to ADD.

The WEF released its report in 2011 to counter efforts to plan and pay for the anticipated 2030 boom-bust; the WEF's goal was to drive home the point that we -nobody- can afford the costs of care. They focused on the $16 trillion costs of mental illness to force euthanasia policies for people with dementia. Be aware that this is only the first step.

Chronic disease to cost $47 trillion by 2030: WEF

The global economic impact of the five leading chronic diseases -- cancer, diabetes, mental illness, heart disease, and respiratory disease -- could reach $47 trillion over the next 20 years, according to a study by the World Economic Forum (WEF). ….

"This is not a health issue, this is an economic issue ….." ……

….Mental health, which is typically left off lists of leading NCDs, will account for $16 trillion -- a third of the overall $47 trillion anticipated costs.

edit on 17/2/14 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

edit on 17/2/14 by soficrow because: add part sentence

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Healthcanal now is promoting the same disinformation as News-Medical.Net cited in the OP. In contrast to the Eugenics-Genetics propaganda spewed by such unreliable sites, this is what the original study says:

Prion diseases are characterized by accumulation of misfolded protein, gliosis, synaptic dysfunction, and ultimately neuronal loss. …

…Prion disease and Alzheimer disease (AD)2 are among a number of chronic neurodegenerative disorders in which the accumulation of misfolded protein is associated with neuropathology (1,–3). In prion diseases, the generation of the misfolding insult can be sporadic, genetic, or of an infectious origin (4).

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
The cover-up goes deep. Even my beloved wikipedia is constantly re-written to say the "prion hypothesis" has not been proved and remains "controversial." Such a crock.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Could this be related to the reason why prion disease actually seems to spread when there is an immune response? This causes the loss of muscle in humans similar to cronic wasting. They are in order, notice the last one, Soficrow said that turmeric could slow prions. Is it because it lowers the inflamation and resulting immune response.

www.sciencedaily.com... Reversing wasting in humans from old age.

www.nature.com... Addressing the p38 inhibition and activation

www.sciencedirect.com... Inhibitors of P38MAP...Turmeric

Now if you could slow progression of the prion disease, it may not become active till after your death. Who cares if it becomes active after we are done with the body.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Protein misfolding is a scientific fact of life. If we learn how the process works, maybe we can learn to make it work for us instead of against us. I think it's only working against us now because we haven't factored it into our human activities. With a little effort….

I scanned the papers you linked, haven't evaluated them yet, but I like the way your mind is working rickymouse. S&

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

From what I have learned from you about these prions, I get the idea that the common people in India may benefit intellectually from eating less turmeric and cumin. The conditions they live in though requires the antibiotic activities of turmeric just for them to live. If inflamation actually does cause the ability to make memories, which glutamines actually promote healing of the intestines by triggering inflamation, then the action of Serotonin, a metabolite of glutamine, may be slightly inflammatory also. This inflamation may allow the prion like formations to form on the cells of the brain that store memories. Just a little food for thought. Lowering the inflammation may make it harder to memorize things. I wonder if the diseases that spur off of prions are abundant in India. They do eat a lot of sugar in India though, that may neutralize the actions of the curcumin. My daughter was there three times taking Yoga training at a yoga center and she said their sweets are all sugar. I know that cravings can accomplish something if our desire is there. Maybe the sugar craving is because they want to be learn in a country full of bacteria that their spices can kill. The Turmeric can kill many microbes, even many of the antibiotic resistant ones. People self medicate all the time...craving medicinal properties or neutralizing properties of food....unless their cravings are hijacked.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

...the common people in India may benefit intellectually from eating less turmeric and cumin.

I find such generalizations to be offensive, not just inaccurate in their implications. I do not think people in India are intellectually inferior - in fact, I think they are doing admirably well considering they are still in the process of recovering from centuries of oppression and pillaging by British colonizers. Moreover, personalized medicine has roots in India's Ayurvedic Medicine along with China's - and I happen to think personalized medicine is essential.

You might be interested in this somewhat related old bit - highlights an Indian doctor with balls and smarts.

ATS: 2004

Warnings bells are sounding round the world: emigrate to the USA and your health will suffer. One article on India's indolink is aptly named, All Not Well for Immigrants in Land of Opportunity. The writer warns India's people, "A study conducted by the California-based Packard Foundation shows that the health of immigrant children gets worse the longer they live in the United States." At present, publishers politely follow Bush's lead, blame the victims, and parrot the fiction that diet and lifestyle are at fault. But the cover-up is falling apart.

Recently, the EPA journal Environmental Health Perspectives dis-embargoed 30 years worth of research that shows the effect of environmental contaminants on the human genetic structure. Current work on mitochondrial RNA shows the impact of environment-caused mutations on health and, "These results show for the first time that mutations in the mitochondrial gene can cause high blood pressure and high cholesterol." More mainstream health writers are catching on every day. As Michael Gard wrote in spiked-online, The claim that playing computer games is making kids fat is thin on evidence.

edit on 18/2/14 by soficrow because: add wd

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I never said that the people in India are unintelligent, I stated that they may benefit from a possible change, making the average person be able to learn more. Maybe they could be the most intelligent people on earth. I am always looking for things that alter the ability of the mind to learn. I see a lot of negative chemistry being dumped on us in the USA but this chemistry does not effect everyone the same. It is dependent on metabolism. It is dependent on other things in the diet. These things effect intelligence more than genetics do. It seems if your genetics is superior (in their minds) you can consume these doping chemistries without problems. I think most all people can do well if they do not eat foods they are intollerant to while consuming some chemistry that helps to make the brain work better.

Now, even in India, the people who have some genetic traits possibly can create body chemistry to neutralize the negative effects of the turmeric...what I am looking at, since turmeric is a very good medicine for many conditions, is to make everyone be able to utilize their brain more efficiently. This gives everyone a chance at getting a good job, not just people who have genetics that give them an advantage in the environment that we live in.

I have identified many chemistries used in this country that are promoted as good that dampen others intelligence. A certain group of individuals can blind a big percentage of the population so they can keep on top by promoting foods that they eat that don't effect them but dampen the perception of others. Genetic specific abilities to eat certain chemistry can control the masses.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Are you thinking that it only starts with the proteinopathy and eventually anyone who does not foot the bill such as PTSD or other mental illness or even disabilities will be slated for euthanasia?

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Interesting that the greatest limitation for India and its past was the absence of protein in their diets. If they had even considered that eating an "unfertilized egg" for instance would be basically the same as drinking milk, their intelligence would now far outweigh Asia.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Yes.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I won't have a discussion that even hints at "evaluating" peoples' intelligence based on nationality. As far as including protein in vegetarian diets, Indians have it aced. Their cuisine is balanced and nutritious - including yogurt and a huge variety of protein-packed beans.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

A While back I came across info which stated that the use of marijuana actually helps inhibit the spread of Alzheimer's. Perhaps this is the reason, on top of money laundering for black ops, as to why grass is illegal...literally worldwide.

Hopefully not. As it makes me wonder why "they" would want to perpetuate something like Alzheimer's disease...then again, why would you want to perpetuate the current banking/ economic/ political system...?

Mo money, mo problems

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

diseases result from "genetic susceptibility" - or are outright "genetic." Most recently, News-Medical.Net made a misleading claim that verges on disinformation
I’m not sure I understand the disinformation part. I didn’t read any claim that it could be outright genetically inherited, maybe I missed it.

Don’t diseases cause genetic mutations?
The cause of the disease is environmental yet isn't an inherited genetic susceptibility a contributing factor?

Prion and Alzheimer's diseases result from genetic mutations
Does the article state this or is this a misinterpretation? Are the diseases caused by genetic mutations or do they cause genetic mutations?

In fact, we're in the middle of a chronic disease pandemic that has nothing to do with peoples' genetic bloodlines
So what about your first fact?

In fact, these diseases, generally classified as "proteinopathies," can be sporadic (spontaneous), familial (genetic/inherited) or acquired (transmitted by infection).

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Devino

Devino

diseases result from "genetic susceptibility" - or are outright "genetic." Most recently, News-Medical.Net made a misleading claim that verges on disinformation
I’m not sure I understand the disinformation part. I didn’t read any claim that it could be outright genetically inherited, maybe I missed it.

The article states that Prion and Alzheimer's diseases (result from) genetic mutations, or more commonly, interactions between an individual's genetics and environmental influences. This is inaccurate, and misleading. As clarified in the OP, these diseases, generally classified as "proteinopathies," can be sporadic (spontaneous), familial (genetic/inherited) or acquired (transmitted by infection).

Your confusion likely stems from the fact that "familial" and "inherited" are NOT synonyms for "genetic." "Familial" and "inherited" refer to either genetic inheritance or epigenetic inheritance. Epigenetic inheritance is NOT genetic, does NOT involve changes to DNA and is NOT permanent.

Epigenetics is defined as heritable changes in gene activity and expression that occur without alteration in DNA sequence [1, 2].

NOTE: Protein mutation is NOT the same as genetic mutation. Protein mutations can and do occur without genetic mutations (epigenetically); epigenetic inheritance of protein mutations always occurs without genetic inheritance (by definition). Prion and prion-related diseases and other proteinopathies all involve protein mutations, but only 10-15% involve inherited mutations, and the distinction is not made as to split between genetic and epigenetic inheritance.

Don’t diseases cause genetic mutations?
The cause of the disease is environmental yet isn't an inherited genetic susceptibility a contributing factor?

Some diseases may cause genetic mutations or epigenetic mutations or both. "Inherited genetic susceptibility" is a misused and inaccurate term - it's used most commonly to refer (wrongly) to epigenetic susceptibility, not "genetic" suceptibility.

Are the diseases caused by genetic mutations or do they cause genetic mutations?

Again, only between 10 and 15 percent of all cases of prion disease are caused by mutations in the PRNP gene, meaning 85-90% of prion diseases are NOT genetic. Prion diseases result from misfolded prion protein (the PRNP gene codes for the "prion protein); prion-related diseases and other proteinopathies result from other misfolded proteins.

We're in the middle of a chronic disease pandemic that has nothing to do with peoples' genetic bloodlines; 85-90% of the protein mutations causing these diseases are epigenetic, not genetic.

Does that help clear things up for you?

edit on 18/2/14 by soficrow because: moved para

edit on 18/2/14 by soficrow because: tinker

edit on 18/2/14 by soficrow because: more tinkering

edit on 18/2/14 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

edit on 18/2/14 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I am sorry. I was rushed and short with you both. I did not mean to be rude. You're both GREAT contributors and I quite like you both. I know my appreciation did not show above.

Mea culpa,
sofi

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Well, epigenetic can be a result of diet induced metabolic problems. These can be fixed, but the prions that are made in the mean time probably cannot be fixed from what I have read. I am looking into the inducers and inhibitors of the p450 enzymes, stuff like the cyp3A4 and cyp1a2 that can be altered by certain foods and meds. I had listed quercitin's effect before, found in grapefruit and onions in sizable amounts. Now this inhibits an enzyme and it reduces inflammation which slows prions formation. This is different than the turmeric and cumin though, which also reduce inflamation. It is how it acts in metabolism that it does this that is the difference. I'm trying to figure the best way to avoid the creation of the prions, with the least side effects.

I'm going to have to go sleep thinking about this, I need to work this out in my brain. This always works for me, when I get up I understand it better. It only takes a fifteen minute nap to accomplish this. I learned that long ago, but till recently I did not know exactly how it works.

I can't see any way of curing this disease once it has grown. I can find ways to reduce the progression though. The information on inducers and inhibitors gives both natural things and medicines, that helps. I can compare the chemistry. The problem with foods is that they contain a lot of different chemicals, some that need neutralizing for things to work as you desire. Grapefruit is one of those foods that has both good and bad chemistry, but it depends on what part of the grapefruit you consume. Quercitin is concentrated in the white under the peel. It is in the onion peel and on both ends of the onion near the growth regions. It is just like the muscles in a cow, the nutrients and chemicals and fats are different in every muscle, with the Omega 3s being higher in the belly fat and rib sections.

No problem with getting short with me, my wife does it occasionally, even the cats do it sometimes.

edit on 18-2-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Well, epigenetic can be a result of diet induced metabolic problems. These can be fixed, but the prions that are made in the mean time probably cannot be fixed from what I have read.

Yes, epigenetic protein mutations can be a result of diet induced metabolic problems - but not all are and most important, unlike actual genetic changes to DNA, are more subject to "fixing." Most of the things you are looking at override epigenetic effects. Keep at it.

...Have to say it though - you seem to ignore the fact that these epigenetic changes are adaptive, focus on returning the body to its unadapted state, and overlook the fact that the environment we evolved to survive in doesn't exist any more. Point being, what used to be healthy and normal is not what we need to survive in our changed world. .....???

edit on 19/2/14 by soficrow because: wds

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join