It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Disinformation from "Reliable" Mainstream Sources about Prion Disease?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
The Eugenics-Genetic strategy involves misinforming people by insisting that prion, prion-related and other protein misfolding diseases result from "genetic susceptibility" - or are outright "genetic." Most recently, News-Medical.Net made a misleading claim that verges on disinformation, saying Prion and Alzheimer's diseases result from genetic mutations, or interactions between an individual's genetics and environmental influences.

In fact, these diseases, generally classified as "proteinopathies," can be sporadic (spontaneous), familial (genetic/inherited) or acquired (transmitted by infection).

In fact, only between 10 and 15 percent of all cases of prion disease are caused by mutations in the PRNP gene.

In fact, "Acquired" prion disease results from exposure to PrPSc from an outside source. For example, by eating beef products containing PrPSc from cattle with prion disease or on exposure in hospitals.

In fact, authorities say, Sporadic CJD is the most common form. Sporadic or "spontaneous" prions form when a protein's environment is perturbed while it's in the process of folding (folding occurs naturally all the time, misfolding can result in disease and the creation of infectious prions).

In fact, we're in the middle of a chronic disease pandemic that has nothing to do with peoples' genetic bloodlines, and everything to do with exposure - exposure to prions and exposure to environmental influences that cause prion formation, spread and propagation.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
It seems like if they can't find out how to stop something, they want to make us feel that we are defective. This way we will keep funding their research I suppose. The fact is that most people have no defense against prions. Maybe a few individuals who have a strong immune system and a good communication between their cells throughout their body will have immunity. This is not a genetic caused disease. This is an infectious biological intrusion.

We have possibly caused this mutation to occur also. We have made major changes to the food of the animals we eat in a short time. We have made major changes to the chemistry of our foodchain. The people who were running the show before made assumptions about our food management saying that any bad proteins would not be digested. They said protein is protein, and we only needed to worry about the main vitamins and minerals...they said they knew everything, there was no problem. This idiotic tendency is still going on today. Food is more than just vitamins and minerals, proteins and amino acids, it is a very complex chemistry that took billions of years to develop. We evolved with this food. We cannot change things that fast, in ten generations these misfolded proteins may be all right, but not now. We will never survive to acclimate to these changes in time. most of us will be effected by these changes, weakening our immune system....it almost seems like this is the plan.

A genetic disease is when we are consuming something that we shouldn't be consuming and it interacts negatively with our gene expression causing problems in our brain or body. They blame it on us that we cannot eat these foods they have altered from their original state. They have taken the plants with the strongest growth because they have no immune or drought resistance and said these are nutritious. We need those immune system chemicals of the food to help us survive. We are of this world, we need to consume these natural things to live and think right.

If we cannot handle this change of the diet they call us people with defective genetics. Not all of us are that dumb. They allowed these changes without properly evaluating the side effects...now everyone is at risk of diseases.

I guess I am a little grumpy tonight.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   

soficrow

In fact, we're in the middle of a chronic disease pandemic that has nothing to do with peoples' genetic bloodlines, and everything to do with exposure - exposure to prions and exposure to environmental influences that cause prion formation, spread and propagation.

Yes, indeed we are. And you know you are on the right track when DARPA is a few steps
behind you, they know too. They want to try and pin it down so they can utilize it,
weaponize it. Now what becomes of the rest of us, well I say grow it yourself,
or know who does. This is a food chain issue also, anyone who says anything different
is just pain ignorant.

We have a total assault on the soil, the air, the water, the ecosystem,
and the food chain.

S&F

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Just a smidge alright...here have a prion disease and go play with yer leggos......
The medical field is a minefield for the layman......its reminds me of archaeology....every time they find new information that shows the theories wrong...they bury it again......

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Most prions are fairly harmless until you ingest spinal or cerebral fluid, that's when it becomes deadly. Prion diseases like Kuru are rampant in tribal communities that practiced cannibalism, and in Papua Kuru has been effectively wiped out since cannibalism was outlawed.

However these sporadic prions are a concern.There is so little we know about them and if they ever mutate and reproduce...that could be a big problem. Prions are the real life equivalent of the viruses that sparks all those fictional zombie apocalypses.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
The thing about this disease is that we are all in the same boat. Even the doctors that treat us are not immune from the diseases that spiral off of this infection. It seems to be a cause of lots of the diseases we have, causing autoimmune responses from some who have it. If the body cannot target the problem it could decide to target everything for destruction if it knows something is happening but can't narrow down the problem.

My autoimmune problems stem from heavy metal poisoning in my ancestral line. Our family being in mining areas for a long time and mining or working with these metals caused changes to the gene expression. I am working on a diet that would make the gene expression not go awry. The problem is by solving one problem another shows up because I am dealing with a genetic change that happened generations ago and the body adjusts other gene expression to make up for the change. I can go back to being less intelligent and my health will improve but then I can also have some side effects within a few years which will make life not too good. I want to find the midpoint of this and stay there. It is hard since the research is lopsided on autoimmune diseases. That is why they have so many side effects when they treat the diseases. Now prions probably have a little to do with increasing the autoimmune response...at least this is what I am starting to think. Maybe the autoimmune response will counteract this, but then cronic wasting will result. I have a lot of studying on this to find out how to combat it. I want a proper immune response, not a broadform response to this. I think proper cell communication coupled with a proper immune response is necessary to accomplish this. If we quit consuming all the attractant chemistry that hijacks our cravings for at least three days a week, maybe this will help to restore proper cell communication. Making sure our electrolytes are adequate to relay messages is crucial to proper communication and also the proper amount of taurine/nac in our diet with adequate sodium and especially adequate chloride is necessary. Eating veggies is helpful in combating this, ones high in chloride. If the balance of the electrolytes is off, proper communication within the body is not there. This is hard to determine, as taking a blood sample does not tell you the electrolyte state within the cells or intercellular fluids.

Combating this disease will mean that there will have to be a lot of research over the coming years. Wipe out prions all over the body and you wipe out long term memories also....this is what I am starting to think. Not only our mind has long term memories, every antigen includes memories as do all the organs of the body. I am starting to think fresh pineapple is a medicine, not a food. If the bromelaine can cause the breakdown of prions, it can also break apart antigens. This may be good sometimes but not others. What if over consumption takes away who we are, our memories. If the autoimmune response against the prions is causing the memories of people to fade, as in alzheimer disease, than maybe dampening the enzymes created by the body will help to fix the alzheimer disease.

These are just possible directions for helping to treat certain diseases, I am not aware if they are persuing this at all. Maybe I got this idea from reading some of the articles I was reading, I am not sure, I did read quite a few research articles on this. I have also read a lot of what Soficrow has written on this subject. Sofi may be able to answer whether this is right.
edit on 17-2-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

It seems like if they can't find out how to stop something, they want to make us feel that we are defective. This way we will keep funding their research I suppose. The fact is that most people have no defense against prions. Maybe a few individuals who have a strong immune system and a good communication between their cells throughout their body will have immunity. This is not a genetic caused disease. This is an infectious biological intrusion.

Prion and prion-related diseases are incurable and untreatable - and there is no immunity. In fact, good strong immune systems help prions spread through the body. It's all about exposure - level of prion exposure, point of entry (how/where the prions got into the body), level and duration of prion-creating contaminants - and exposure to super-imposed infections that cause inflammation. Those who seem to be immune simply have had limited exposure to prions or prion-causing agents. As LaMarck was trying to show, it's poor industrial workers who are most exposed and at risk.

They want us to feel "defective" because they are building a rationale to "cull the herd" by "blaming the victims." And the victims are mainly the poor working class. Who incidentally will be redundant "useless eaters" in the brave new world of automation and robotics.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

We have a total assault on the soil, the air, the water, the ecosystem, and the food chain.

Yes, and no. True, disease-causing prions are in the soil, the air, the water, the ecosystem, and the food chain. But prions also are beneficial - some are responsible for us forming memories - others help us adapt to environmental changes (even when they seem mainly harmful).

The real problem is that prion science is not part of our "world view" and does not inform human activities, especially industrial activities. As a result, common manufacturing and industrial activities actually create prions, or produce agents that create prions once they're inside a cell. This is what needs to be addressed - there is no point at all in trying to find a cure or treatments when the conditions that create and spread prions continue unabated.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

...The medical field is a minefield for the layman......its reminds me of archaeology....every time they find new information that shows the theories wrong...they bury it again......

lol. Don't they though? And as with all conspiracies, follow the money to find out why.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Important.

I have been catching on TV recently msm trying to steer the ship on how Alzheimer's disease is going to continue to be the number one challenge for the near future. Sure, blame it on Alzheimer's where no autopsy is allowed.

I can no longer find the real stats on it, but years ago while doing some searches for an ATS thread I happened across stats that said something to the affect of Alzheimer's patients went from 500,000 to over 5 million in just a couple years, now those numbers have grown exponentially and will continue to rise according to the new stats and medical preparations.

At what point do we all succumb? Will the future be one where people and longevity are limited even with medical advancements which currently allow life to comfortably last through the century mark?

You know, it is in the soil, water, air we breathe, so what now? What honest direction can this go that will not mean certain and early death to billions of people worldwide?

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Thecakeisalie

Most prions are fairly harmless until you ingest spinal or cerebral fluid, that's when it becomes deadly.

Erm. No, you are misinformed. Prions can enter the body via ingestion, injection, inhalation, through the skin, and via contaminated medical instruments - just to name the most obvious routes. The real problem once they're in is that prions use the immune system to spread in the body - and some morph into new strains when exposed to new proteins, creating new diseases.

Altered protein shapes may explain differences in some brain diseases

“These different strains not only can convert normal alpha-synuclein into pathological alpha-synuclein within one cell, they also can morph into new strains as they pass from cell to cell, acquiring the ability to serve as a template to damage both normal alpha-synuclein and other proteins,” said Dr. Lee. “So certain strains, but not all strains, can act as templates to influence the development of other pathologies, such as tau tangles.”

Protein misfolding, also called proteinopathy, can result in many different types of disease. Prions, are a specific type of misfolded protein, that are “infectious”. The most famous prions are those that can cause infectious encephalopathies, or degenerative brain diseases in humans and animals. Prions are responsible for Scrapie in sheep and goats, and bovine spongiform encephalopathy, also known as mad cow-disease in cattle, or Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease in humans. ... Several other well-known neurological diseases, such as Huntington’s, Alzheimer’s, and Parkinson’s disease have also been associated with proteinopathy. Thus, protein misfolding can result in several different types of diseases, including diseases that are infectious, chronic, genetic, degenerative, and almost always debilitating. While protein misfolding has been associated with a number of diseases, the underlying mechanism of how misfolded proteins cause these diseases remains unclear. Many of these diseases are very difficult to diagnose, have no cure, and effective treatment options are lacking.

Misfolded Neural Proteins Linked to Autism Disorders

Researchers from the United Kingdom have identified a new clinical syndrome caused by a novel genetic prion disease that causes severe diarrhea and peripheral neuropathies.
[ED. Note: As with other prion diseases, this one likely will be found to be 5-15% genetic, and the rest sporadic or acquired.]

Prions are the real life equivalent of the viruses that sparks all those fictional zombie apocalypses.

No doubt.

edit on 17/2/14 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

The thing about this disease is that we are all in the same boat. Even the doctors that treat us are not immune from the diseases that spiral off of this infection. It seems to be a cause of lots of the diseases we have, causing autoimmune responses from some who have it. If the body cannot target the problem it could decide to target everything for destruction if it knows something is happening but can't narrow down the problem.

My autoimmune problems stem from heavy metal poisoning in my ancestral line. ...

You're right - we're all in the same boat, even though it looks like we all have "different" health problems. It sounds like you're on the right track in dealing with your health problems - the thing going in your favour is you have a better idea of what you're actually dealing with than most. ...There is a good possibility that you're dealing with epigenetic effects, not genetic, which promises better success for your efforts (and will "save your bloodline," for what it's worth).

The prion links to immunity and autoimmunity get a lot of attention off and on. Here's a quick pick from 2003 you may find helpful:

Prions and the immune system: a journey through gut, spleen, and nerves.

For more than two decades it has been contended that prion infection does not elicit immune responses: transmissible spongiform encephalopathies do not go along with conspicuous inflammatory infiltrates, and antibodies to the prion protein are typically undetectable. Why is it, then, that prions accumulate in lymphoid organs, and that various states of immune deficiency prevent peripheral prion infection? This review revisits the current evidence of the involvement of the immune system in prion diseases, while attempting to trace the elaborate mechanisms by which peripherally administered prions invade the brain and ultimately cause damage. The investigation of these questions leads to unexpected detours, including the neurophysiology of lymphoid organs, and even the function of a prion protein homolog in male fertility.

PMID: 14711055

And this:

"…inflammation did not change the virulence properties of the initial prion strain, but rather accelerated the targeting of the infectious agent to vital areas, resulting in a shorter disease.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

burntheships

soficrow

Yes, indeed we are. And you know you are on the right track when DARPA is a few steps
behind you, they know too. They want to try and pin it down so they can utilize it,
weaponize it. Now what becomes of the rest of us, well I say grow it yourself,
or know who does. This is a food chain issue also, anyone who says anything different
is just pain ignorant.

We have a total assault on the soil, the air, the water, the ecosystem,
and the food chain.

S&F

From what I know about prions, which admittedly is not much, there is no cure once a person is afflicted.

Weaponizing such a thing would be stupid. They would come up with a countermeasure first...then try to weaponize it.

SofiCrow has some of the most terrifying threads though, don't you think.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

I can no longer find the real stats on it, but years ago while doing some searches for an ATS thread I happened across stats that said something to the affect of Alzheimer's patients went from 500,000 to over 5 million in just a couple years, now those numbers have grown exponentially and will continue to rise according to the new stats and medical preparations.

Those stats probably refer to all forms of dementia, not just Alzheimers', but they sound right. These days, the dementia pandemic is lumped in with the "Non-Communicable Disease Pandemic," as a mental health problem. The WEF says, ""This is not a health issue, this is an economic issue ….." ….Mental health, which is typically left off lists of leading NCDs, will account for $16 trillion -- a third of the overall $47 trillion anticipated costs."

I scanned some of my old threads but didn't find your stats. Maybe you can.

Sick People, Not Corporate Greed, Causing Financial Crisis?

NCD Pandemic Killing Over 37 Million This Year

Flu May Boost Alzheimer's Risk

AIDS, Alzheimer's, Cancer - and Mad Cow Prions. What's the Story?

Noncommunicable diseases (NCDs) are the leading causes of death globally, killing more people each year than all other causes combined. ….

Of the 57 million deaths that occurred globally in 2008, 36 million – almost two thirds – were due to NCDs, comprising mainly cardiovascular diseases, cancers, diabetes and chronic lung diseases. ....About one fourth of global NCD-related deaths take place before the age of 60.

Chronic disease to cost $47 trillion by 2030: WEF

The global economic impact of the five leading chronic diseases -- cancer, diabetes, mental illness, heart disease, and respiratory disease -- could reach $47 trillion over the next 20 years, according to a study by the World Economic Forum (WEF). ….

"This is not a health issue, this is an economic issue ….." ……

….Mental health, which is typically left off lists of leading NCDs, will account for $16 trillion -- a third of the overall $47 trillion anticipated costs.

At what point do we all succumb? Will the future be one where people and longevity are limited even with medical advancements which currently allow life to comfortably last through the century mark?

You know, it is in the soil, water, air we breathe, so what now? What honest direction can this go that will not mean certain and early death to billions of people worldwide?

Good questions. I can tell you the poor, working poor and middle classes will not be benefitting from "transhumanist" interventions. I foresee a time when the uber-wealthy will be fully sequestered to ensure their own safety, leaving the rest of humanity to die. But I do not think things will work out the way they expect - the left-behind poor will adapt, albeit with casualties, and the wealthy will go extinct because they did not allow adaptation (they will succumb to the first assault on their overly protected bloodlines).

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

SofiCrow has some of the most terrifying threads though, don't you think.

Aww, no. Fear is the mind-killer. Embrace truth and knowledge, and you WILL see the path.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Fear can also be healthy to a degree. Actually I like your threads as they are informative and I usually end up clinking on the links and going further from there.

But it is terrifying to me as I have discovered a new fear of not wanting to contract anything like that. But it could very well be inescapable in today's world.

I always thought that being burned or eaten alive would be those most terrifying way to go. Now I just have another on the list.

But I try to remember what my Father told when I was young. "We are all born to die, it's the journey in between that matters most."

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Well here is the thing, the msm
is looking at this from an economic angle, what I see as the future in their best estimation will be housing for the dying, medical personnel, the pharmaceutical end of things and the need for socialized medicine to cover some of the costs of tackling this challenge. Long term care facilities will become over run in a very short time as less people have the ability or resources to take part in the care of their elderly parents and grandparents. One thing to watch is when it begins to affect younger populations which if what I have read from your information is going to happen sooner or later. People used to be able to supplement their elderly parents long term care, but as the dollar loses its value more each year, people struggle to keep afloat and so rely more on government to step in and pick up the bill. Selling assets was also something which in the past helped off set the cost of care, but less people are dying with home ownership or any real assets apart from a monthly check from SS.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Thanks, and yes, fear can be healthy. Sometimes we do need to fly or fight to survive a threat. Other times though, life is more complicated. Sometimes we need to embrace our fear -and the threat- and make it part of ourselves. It's a Zen-type amoeba thing.

...I try to remember what my Father told when I was young. "We are all born to die, it's the journey in between that matters most."

Worth repeating.

We are all born to die, it's the journey in between that matters most.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

...the msm is looking at this from an economic angle, what I see as the future in their best estimation will be housing for the dying, medical personnel, the pharmaceutical end of things and the need for socialized medicine to cover some of the costs of tackling this challenge. Long term care facilities will become over run in a very short time as less people have the ability or resources to take part in the care of their elderly parents and grandparents. One thing to watch is when it begins to affect younger populations which if what I have read from your information is going to happen sooner or later. People used to be able to supplement their elderly parents long term care, but as the dollar loses its value more each year, people struggle to keep afloat and so rely more on government to step in and pick up the bill. Selling assets was also something which in the past helped off set the cost of care, but less people are dying with home ownership or any real assets apart from a monthly check from SS.

It's not the msm defining the issue as economic, it's the World Economic Forum (WEF) - the stinking rich guys who run the world for their own profit. No one is looking at expanding care and supports - they say it's already too expensive. They're looking at off-loading costs through euthanasia. btw - It's already affecting younger and younger people.

Sorry to be so blunt, but that's what's happening. Instead of removing the causes, the plan is to remove the victims.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
After reading your article and doing a bit of research, I came across a lot of information about GMO's having a serious role to play with prion diseases. It's a bit alarming. That in trying to create genes that allow plants to survive the herbicides creates a mutated protein in the plant. The animals then eat this and the prion is acquired and starts mutating the animal consuming the gmo crops. Then we eat the animals infected and ourselves - yeah... we now have a prion disease.

Scary stuff.

Monsato Whistleblower Says Genetically Engineered Crops may cause Disease

But couldn't this be an unintended consequence of - scientists playing god - tinkering in nature herself? Why does it have to be a diabolical plan set in motion against the masses by "them"? Whoever they are - be it the entitled greedy elite, illuminati demon worshipers, or aliens operating incognito. Why can't it be just a big colossal whoops - maybe we shouldn't interfere with billions of years of evolution...

CdT

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join