Climate change a WMD?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
+7 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Secretary of State John Kerry drove home a hard line on the threats of climate change Sunday, saying they rank as high as terrorism threat.

"When I think about the array ... of global threats, think about this: terrorism, epidemics, poverty, the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction -- all challenges that know no borders. The reality is that climate change ranks right up there with every single one of them," Kerry said in a speech at the American Center in Jakarta, Indonesia.

thehill.com...

Wait really ?

'Climate change' ranks up there with 'terrorism' now?

Seriously?

Now look here. The climate has been changing non stop for over 5 billion years. Before this country was ever founded, and before the glorious party Kerry is from was ever created as well.

Climate change is now a 'national security' matter ?

Why ?

So they can use it as an excuse to take more power, and blow more money, and kill more business than ever before?

The level of stupidity from him and his boss is astounding.

If people truly want to 'save the planet' get rid of the US federal government. The most powerful weapon of mass destruction the world has ever seen.

Nothing can escape its 'wrath'.

Kerry pledged to put climate change front and center in all U.S. diplomatic efforts. As of this week, Kerry said he will instruct all chiefs of missions at U.S. embassies across the globe to "make climate change a top priority and use all the tools of diplomacy that they have at their disposal."

What Kerry ?

We gonna start threatening, and bombing people in to submission to 'save the planet' ?

"In a sense, climate change can now be considered another weapon of mass destruction, perhaps the world’s most fearsome weapon of mass destruction," Kerry sad.

Asinine comments like that don't help the 'save the planet' cause. Because it is straight up fear mongering.

How much more freedom are people willing to give up ?

HOW MUCH ?

We saw what happened with them 'terrorists'.

HOW MUCH more are you going to put up with ?

It is a bridge too far. Point of fact we should be reversing the last decades course, but hell no,

Now we are going beyond the outer limits of vulgar stupidity.

Championed by that oh so hip rap.

SAVE THE PLANET!.

Are you people really ready for another boot on the back of our necks ready to snap it, based on long known political agendas.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Kerry's incompetent foreign policies and failed peace brokerage needs to be swept under the rug! Enter the new threat, Global Warm....wait, no that is not accurate, what do we call it now?....Ok, yeah, that's a good spin!....Climate Change!

Obama is leading the charge, so of course, Kerry follows suit. I am on the edge of my seat, waiting for HRC's insight. God save us from the Liberals, Mother Earth will have to wait!
edit on 16-2-2014 by Boscov because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Wew hew ..Skull and bonesman having his strings pulled by tptb to bring down the usa ..Hey you guys are not alone in this crazy transition to the new world order ..by hook or by crook they are going to do it ...you ,I nor anyone else is going to stop them from their destiny with total destruction .Too bad that so many innocent people have to suffer with these fools ...

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said global warming is as big a threat as terrorism in a speech in Indonesia, the world’s largest exporter of coal for power plants, seeking to burnish his credential as a climate champion before deciding on the proposed Keystone XL pipeline project.

Speaking yesterday in the capital of Jakarta, the last stop on his three-nation Asia tour, Kerry called on the international community -- nations and individuals -- to do more now as addressing climate change required a global solution. The speech came against the backdrop of the eruption of the Mount Kelud volcano that disrupted air travel in the region and forced the cancellation of Kerry’s planned meeting today with President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono

www.bloomberg.com...

Geez.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
So....is Mother Nature the biggest terrorist/terrorist threat now?

I remember over 5-6 years ago when they first started the switch from calling it global warming to climate change. And here we are now, calling Mother Nature a WMD.

Are weather wars really WW3?

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Don't forget to tell the world about our Federal Reserve Bank, they're also a weapon of mass destruction!

"Lew Rockwell explains how the Federal Reserve enables war"
( note: discussion begins in the video at 3:00 minutes )

edit on 16-2-2014 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Given that climate HAS killed more americans than terrorism in the last 10 years, why would you not put some effort into mitigating its effects?

For all those people who can't actually read, he did not say that climate change IS terrorism - go back to your remedial homeschool reading classes!!

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

great if our carbon footprint is too high swat will kick in your doors!

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Aloysius the Gaul
Given that climate HAS killed more americans than terrorism in the last 10 years, why would you not put some effort into mitigating its effects?

For all those people who can't actually read, he did not say that climate change IS terrorism - go back to your remedial homeschool reading classes!!

What ?

The climate kills people ?

Really ?

Has for hundreds of years, not only Americans by the way.

So what is the solution ?

Give more power to the US government that has killed more people from other countries ?

Is that how we 'save the planet'

By letting the US government take more power and control over American lives, and blow more money?

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I don't know about climate change, but I would sure agree that weather manipulation would be. Weather wars could destroy cities, crops, ecosystems...

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The war on drugs and terror are both getting a little long in the tooth and showing cracks around the edges. So what else can they do? Oh yeah now we'll have a war on climate change.

There is a WMD inside it and it's called the "Carbon Credits" (ponsi scheme.) Remember all good wars require TPTB 1% scumbags make tons of money.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   

neo96

Aloysius the Gaul

What ?

The climate kills people ?

Really ?

Has for hundreds of years, not only Americans by the way.

So what is the solution ?

Give more power to the US government that has killed more people from other countries ?

Is that how we 'save the planet'

By letting the US government take more power and control over American lives, and blow more money?

while sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, at least it is wit - so well done ....although I wasn't actually suggesting that it was news - I was pointing out the SCALE of things.......a subtlety that is often lost on the screaming masses on here so I'm not surprised you missed it

do you not think that the Govt should be looking at how the effects of climate change can be mitigated then?

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Pollution and it's impact on climate is a huge security threat - much greater then 'terrorism'. In fact, climate changes, will be a prime driver of instability around the world now and in the near future and as such will increase terrorism and violence - state and non-state. The Department of Defense has been saying this for years.

Where have you been?

www.cna.org...

The report includes several formal findings:

Projected climate change poses a serious threat to America's national security.
Climate change acts as a threat multiplier for instability in some of the most volatile regions of the world.
Projected climate change will add to tensions even in stable regions of the world.
Climate change, national security and energy dependence are a related set of global challenges.
- See more at: www.cna.org...

The general public still has some skeptics, but not the U.S. military. Mother Jones, (March-April 2013) in a 10-page article, “Charge! Damn the do-nothing Congress. The Pentagon’s climate hawks are launching the energy revolution,” describes the Navy’s attempts to cope with climate change. “More than 30 U.S. military installations report already facing elevated risks from rising seas. … none of the world’s armed forces are wasting time doubting global warming, and all the Arctic nations, plus others, including China, are ramping up their focus on the far north.” Furthermore, George W. Bush, in one of his last acts in office in 2009, signed two presidential directives acknowledging “the effects of climate change and increasing human activity in the Arctic region.”

www.coloradoan.com...< br />
Compare terrorist deaths to climate change deaths - where do you think the money should go?

edit on 16-2-2014 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Comparing the effects of Climate Change to a WMD is fear mongering. Terrorism and WMD's have no relation to the Earth's climate, so they should not be coupled to shock the masses into action or support. I am not arguing climate change or its impact on lives globally, but I do not condone Kerry's attempt to appeal to environmental consciousness with such a poor analogy. WMD's are weapons designed to kill in masses, destroy cities, and break civilization, physically and psychologically. Climate Change is not inherently evil, but rather a course of adjustment to Earth's imbalance due to numerous known and unknown catalysts. Kerry's message is supported by facts, but poorly worded and delivered, as usual.
edit on 16-2-2014 by Boscov because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

while sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, at least it is wit - so well done ....although I wasn't actually suggesting that it was news - I was pointing out the SCALE of things.......a subtlety that is often lost on the screaming masses on here so I'm not surprised you missed it

Guess someone missed the 'scale' of the US government's power.

Not really surprised at the worship of statolatry by 'climate change' pushers.

do you not think that the Govt should be looking at how the effects of climate change can be mitigated then?

No considering all anyone has to do is look at what they do with the power they already have.

And 'mitigate' ?

Explain to me how them taking more power, and destroying more business, and redistributing wealth 'mitigates' climate change.

Please by all means enlighten me how people think the US government has the power of mother nature.

They don't.

They have the power of regulation, and taxation that destroys more wealth, and jobs than all of what mother nature has ever done.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Putting one's fingers in one's ears, closing one's eyes and singing "la la la la la la la la" every time climate change is brought up will not make it go away nor change the fact that mankind has had an effect on it.

It is here and we ALL are going to have to deal with it.

So, dear deniers, educate yourselves and please

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
When in glass houses....don't toss stones. Kerry would do well to recall those words. Others in the world may be very unappreciative of our sudden obsession with making everyone else green and... wow, what a coincidence...but arresting and controlling their growth through the industrial period of development while we're at it.

I can't imagine why other nations at or beyond our pollution levels would object. (/sarcasm)

Is John Kerry the US Secretary of State or the Secretary of Defense or Head of the EPA? The man needs a little focus, as it's hard to keep track. He was a Senator (jack of all trades and good at nothing) for entirely too long. It shows, I think.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

" The solution, Kerry said, is a new global energy policy that shifts reliance from fossil fuels to cleaner technologies. He noted the President Barack Obama is championing such a shift and encouraged others to appeal to their leaders to join."

Translation ....... Obama's Carbon Tax Scheme Propaganda is Now going Global . A Cash Cow getting Ready to be given Birth by TPTB involved in Controling Politics not Only in the U.S. but also in all the other Industrial Nations Controled by the World Banks . The Enviormental Concerns about this Alledged " Global Warming/Climate Change " come Secondary to amassing more Wealth for the Global Elite . Talk about the Ultimate " Con Job ' , you just know it will contribute even more to the current Poverty growing daily around the World amoung the Poor and Needy ..

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

" The solution, Kerry said, is a new global energy policy that shifts reliance from fossil fuels to cleaner technologies. He noted the President Barack Obama is championing such a shift and encouraged others to appeal to their leaders to join."

That reads like it is going to destroy the fossil fuel industry, and put millions of people out of work around the globe.

Global poverty sounds about right, and with people out of work they get to expand social engineering programs, and the get to rob more from the evil rich, and give to the so called needy.

Meanwhile spending billions of dollars subsidizing alternative energy corporations, and YES the global carbon credit scam that is going to create the next bubble, that makes the last one look like amateur hour.

That is all government does is create bubbles:

Gold
Housing.
Savings and Loan.
Dot Com.

etc.

And they all come crashing down.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Aloysius the Gaul

Yeah , your Right . He was just saying Apples are more Dangerous than Oranges...........Whatever........

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join