It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton has found the "issue" that could win her the White House

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Hillary Eyeing Immigration as Top 2008 Issue

Unnoticed by the big media, Sen. Clinton has been cultivating the immigration issue since last year.

In a February 2003 interview that went unreported except by NewsMax, Clinton told WABC Radio's John Gambling, "I am, you know, adamantly against illegal immigrants."

"Clearly, we have to make some tough decisions as a country," the top Democrat warned. "And one of them ought to be coming up with a much better entry and exit system so that if we're going to let people in for the work that otherwise would not be done, let's have a system that keeps track of them."

Taking a position far to the right of the Bush administration, Sen. Clinton said she would support "at least a visa ID, some kind of an entry and exit ID. And, you know, perhaps, although I'm not a big fan of it, we might have to move towards an ID system even for citizens."

The former first lady also railed against business owners who employ undocumented workers:

"People have to stop employing illegal immigrants," she told WABC. "I mean, come up to Westchester, go to Suffolk and Nassau counties, stand on the street corners in Brooklyn or the Bronx [and] you're going to see loads of people waiting to get picked up to go do yard work and construction work and domestic work."

And while President Bush continues to press for a guest-worker program - a move that pleases Mexican President Vicente Fox almost as much as it enrages most Republicans - Sen. Clinton has publicly chastised Canadian immigration officials for being too lax on border issues.

Hillary may be alot of things but stupid isnt one of them...if she pushes this issue she could get a good percentage of unhappy republican voters to vote for her....

[edit on 23-11-2004 by Creepy]

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I can't quite figure out how she will package this so as not to disrupt the DNC too much. They are judge, jury, and executioner.

Elected officials are on a drug called votes, and they can't be too outlandish, or they might repel voters. I think this primarily keeps people like Arnold in California from making major moves against it.

We wouldn't want the scary ol' Latinos mad at us. The race card is such easy pickin's in American politics. Political currency is all this issue is about.

Security is far from the forefront. It's too bad really.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 05:46 AM
link   
What a beotch. She is going to lose a lot more potential voters than she will attract with statements like this:

"I mean, come up to Westchester, go to Suffolk and Nassau counties, stand on the street corners in Brooklyn or the Bronx [and] you're going to see loads of people waiting to get picked up to go do yard work and construction work and domestic work."

She even runs the risk of dividing the Democratic party.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Sometimes, I think it would take 100 9/11's for us to actually do something to keep the masses from slipping through our borders. Hey, maybe we should bring back slavery. If companies had to pay a few thousand dollars for the flesh that they need to run their companies, maybe they would at least be interested enough in the investment to make sure they are provided with the basic necessities of life!!!

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
What a beotch. She is going to lose a lot more potential voters than she will attract with statements like this:

"I mean, come up to Westchester, go to Suffolk and Nassau counties, stand on the street corners in Brooklyn or the Bronx [and] you're going to see loads of people waiting to get picked up to go do yard work and construction work and domestic work."

She even runs the risk of dividing the Democratic party.

Actually, it's true, I live up here. The influx of Central & South Americans, Mexicans, Mestitios is dramatic. Especially after 9/11/2001 - many of them had come to work the fall harvest & were stranded due to tight border checks. You can go to North Bergen, Ridgefield, Union City in NJ, as well as the NY locations on any Weekend morning and see dozens of men waiting for some home owner or construction crew foreman to offer work. Visually, they're mostly all under 5'7" & of dark features - a fact that has lead to racist attackes in these areas.

But back to the idiotic, fear of educated & accomplished women that Right Wingers have - how the hell can you people spend hours infinitum postulating on that Di-O-bolical Hillary & how she'll be president by 'hook or crook', and yet, completely be blind to the fact that George 'Retards-need-jobs-too' Bush has done all the dirty win at all costs conspiracy gambits that you wet dream Hillary doing?

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Funny, I don't remember the gruesome twosome being all that hyped about stemming the flow of illegal aliens; just the oppostite as the DNC see them as potoential voters. Oh, wait, there was that case in Miami when they took swift action on that one boy!

Seriously, if people don't look too deeply into her past, she might very well be on to something there. It seems quite clear to me that the Republican party is doing nothing to tighten the borders!

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
But back to the idiotic, fear of educated & accomplished women that Right Wingers have

yeah ... right ....
.... that's why the republicans have
Dr. Rice as Secretary of State ... cuz they are idiots that
fear the educated and accomplished women in America.
It's the dems that can't handle educated and accomplished
Dr. Rice as Secretary of State.

Fact is that neither party has an idiotic fear of educated and
accomplished women. Both parties equally hate the educated
and accomplished women of the others party. It's equal
opportunity hate.

Now .. I DO hate and fear Hillary. Not because she is
educated and accomplished. But because she has such a
love affair with the Culture of Death AND because she
talks about the National ID card (embedded chip????)
being mandatory in the future.

She's right about immigration. She's VERY right. However
having a National ID card (chip??) isn't the way to go. Stopping
the inflow is, not putting a bandaid ID card on the mess.

This is one of the issues that the right isn't happy about G.W.
with. He hasn't done anything with our boarders with Canada
and Mexico. Nothing worth writing home about anyways.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Seriously, if people don't look too deeply into her past, she might very well be on to something there. It seems quite clear to me that the Republican party is doing nothing to tighten the borders!

Looking ''deep into a candidates past" - if you've got the media in pocket, it evidently doesn't matter, no? I mean really, if any candidate simply said, "Mr. Bush, your grand fathers were arrested under the Trading with the Enemy Act for their support of the Nazis while our troops were being killed by the ordinance you purchased, your father pardoned a record number of administration officials and himself, and you sir, well you have a police record...........how can you preach about values" !?!?!

Of course Republicans want unsecure borders....it's good for business; when have you ever seen fascism flourish as a peace time governance model? It can't.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   
yawn. hillary a presidential candidate? Let's get real. Oprah is more likely to win a presidency than Hill.
1.Senators make crappy candidates as we've seen
2. Hill is the country's most-hated political villain, next to Jane Fonda and Ted Kennedy (for reasons beyond me, as more than 50% of the electorate can't remember Vietnam or Chappaquidik(sp?) firsthand)
3. She's more uptight than Laura.

the immigration issue is cute, but Republicans will seize it by successfully painting democrats as 'soft on immigration'...regardless of what they do. Have we forgotten the election? John Kerry, a vietnam vet who killed people was seen as a pansy in comparison to a draft dodging alcoholic riding daddy's coattails...?

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   
The only way Reps could compete with Mrs. Clintons plans for immigration is to close off our boarders. I dont think the republicans are going to go that far.

As far as comparing her to Rice, How can you compare Hillary to someone who Bush molded in his image for the purpose of taking over the post she has now? IMO, Rice has as much chance at a presidential nomination as a snowball in hell.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I don't know, she doesn't seem to be doing such a bad job as our senator. Still likes to travel!! She comes up this way I think once a month.

And, surprisingly, she voted against raising the debt limit...why, I have no idea, I don't think they had much of a choice on that one, either raise it or close up shop, but well, according to that vote at least, guess you can say that she voted to keep the money your kids will earn in their pockets.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Actually, it's true, I live up here. The influx of Central & South Americans, Mexicans, Mestitios is dramatic. Especially after 9/11/2001 - many of them had come to work the fall harvest & were stranded due to tight border checks. You can go to North Bergen, Ridgefield, Union City in NJ, as well as the NY locations on any Weekend morning and see dozens of men waiting for some home owner or construction crew foreman to offer work. Visually, they're mostly all under 5'7" & of dark features - a fact that has lead to racist attackes in these areas.

Oh, I know that they are out there. They are people looking for jobs to feed their families and themselves. Pointing out the fact that they are looking for work and describing them physically sounds a little bit racist to me.

The illegal crossings need to be worked, no doubt. Make it a sane process whereby both sides benefit. And start by getting the co-operation of Vicente Fox to help solve the problem. But don't start by creating a common enemy that everyone can rally around and hate. That sounds like the tactics of Hitler to me.

by dawnstar: Hey, maybe we should bring back slavery. If companies had to pay a few thousand dollars for the flesh that they need to run their companies, maybe they would at least be interested enough in the investment to make sure they are provided with the basic necessities of life!!!

I've seen plenty of incidents of Mexicans getting caught sneaking into the US. I haven't seen any incidents of Mexicans being pursued by the Border Patrol as they head south. And I haven't seen any Mexicans chained to the factory floor in the US.

In other words, we aren't forcing them to come over. They aren't being forced to stay. But the situation is as it is. We need o solve the problem to both sides benefit.

We all started out as immigrants.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Of course Republicans want unsecure borders....it's good for business

No. Go check the rightwing chat forums ... republicans HATE
the immigration and illegal alien problems this country has.
Read up on what they say rightnationus.com and
republicanunderground.com. Both are right wing sites.
If anything, G.W. probably LOST republican votes because he is
weak on securing our boarders. It's his weakest point.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Creepy

Hillary may be alot of things but stupid isnt one of them...if she pushes this issue she could get a good percentage of unhappy republican voters to vote for her....

and whats the possibility shell keep to her word?

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan

Originally posted by Creepy

and whats the possibility shell keep to her word?

KrazyIvan....youve made a typo......please edit your post.....i never said---"and whats the possibility shell keep to her word"--- i believe that is your comment accidently put it inside the quote from my post....

about Hillary....do not underestimate her political prowess...she is a great politician...and at this point she is the strongest candidate for the dems...

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Pointing out the fact that they are looking for work and describing them physically sounds a little bit racist to me.

Not at all; I mention it because in these areas like Hudson County, NJ, you have a huge Latino population. But the migrants are mestitos....meaning of partial indegenous Indian origin. That has set them up as very easily identifiable, even though some of the communities are long established Latino communities. These guys don't even catch a break where they're fluent in the language.

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Of course Republicans want unsecure borders....it's good for business

No. Go check the rightwing chat forums ... republicans HATE
the immigration and illegal alien problems this country has.

If you haven't caught on yet that the Powers behind the GOP and people who vote Republican are two completely different entities with different concerns & values, I don't know what else to tell you except........you ready?............SANTA CLAUS IS NOT REAL!
!

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I really really really really hope the dems run Hillary in 08 . Nothing could consign the democrtic party to total irrelevance quicker than nominating Hillary in 08.
Its not gonna happen, liberals are wrong but they're not completly stupid.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
2008 is a long long time away and republicans who imagine they have it all and it's all so sewn up would do well to remember Nixon, hmmm?

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
August 5, 2016

Hillary Clinton said today that one of her first priorities as President will be to "fast track" immigration reform.

Source: www.latimes.com...

I've looked around but can't find what Hillary Clinton plans to do in the area of Immigration Reform. Is there a short answer to this?

top topics

join