It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congrats, Bigots... Kansas Has Your Back!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Another_Nut

And what do you think this bill will be if it passes the state legislature? A Law! Got it, now stop with the high and mighty attitude.
edit on 16-2-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   

WP4YT

alienreality

Grimpachi

Christian Voice
reply to post by rupertg

God did not create gays and lesbians. They choose to be that way. Anyone that chooses to be that way is insulting God by going against the natural uses of his creation.

edit on 16-2-2014 by Christian Voice because: (no reason given)

Oh yeah the whole God created man is his own image thing. In that case God must be 90% stupid and 10% genius because that is how humanity turned out. If you know your bible then it should be pretty obvious Gods at least a little gay.

edit on 16-2-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

Actually you are not correct. What you are saying is only valid for animals, as they just do whatever they feel like. Humanity has the ability to choose between right and wrong, unlike an animal. That is the big difference.

Humans are animals. Our definition of right and wrong is only what we think it is. Who made humans the deciders of what's right and wrong?

What defines humans as separate from the animal kingdom, is a human's ability to know right from wrong, that is what makes us the deciders of right and wrong, is knowing it, it being right or wrong..
Perhaps you are still an animal or wish to be one, but that really wont be possible because you already know right from wrong, or maybe you don't.\? Maybe you don't care what is right or wrong? I think that is probably it.

I digress though, it is becoming obvious that people do not want to have accountability for anything they do, so just go do whatever you wish, and try to leave me out of it.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Ignorance to the nth degree

One will get you thrown In jail for violation

The other means you eat at Denny's

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Another_Nut

Ack and im drawn back in

So There is a difference between state sponsored and law enforced " bigotry" aka jim crow

And personal bigotry

BIG Difference!

One is used to suppress

The other is a personal belief

As long as you can vote , walk down the street and engage in making a living etc etc who is to say what you can or cant do?

Should ANY public institution from the library to the pools to the voting booth to the beach etc etc ban entrance for any reason that is wrong.

We ALL pay for these things hence PUBLIC

BUT a private business IS NOT PUBLIC and bigotry is a personal right.

I dont have to like you. I dont have to feed you

But I cant stop you from voting or using any other PUBLIC facilities because yiu also own them

That is the difference between jim crow laws and Jim crows bar.
edit on pm220142811America/ChicagoSun, 16 Feb 2014 23:19:23 -0600_2u by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

Must have slept through all those history lessons in schools. I thought it was private businesses that were also banning African Americans during the Jim Crowe era, but really it was just government agencies. Give me a break.

Being a bigot is a personal right; however, you cannot deny someone service because you are a bigot. That is addressed in the civil rights act of 1964.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Another_Nut

Ignorance to the nth degree

One will get you thrown In jail for violation

The other means you eat at Denny's

A law is a law, there doesn't have to be a punishment attached for failing to obey one. Thanks to our good buddies called lawyers, one law opens up precedent for more laws like it. These things always start innocuously then get progressively worse. But you refuse to see that and have decided that I am just some ignorant dunce who doesn't want a poor Christian to practice his God given right to hate homosexuals.

I'm still waiting to hear from one of you people why a Christian serving a drink at the bar to a homosexual couple is religious discrimination.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Cypress

Seems you did

One is personal choice

The other is state choice

Do some homework

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Personal choice does not matter. I cannot put a sign up in a restaurant I own that says all blacks must eat at the kitchen door in the back. It is the same here. It is the very reason we have the damn civil rights act.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Cypress

The hell it doesnt

what are we without personal choice?

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Personal choice does not give you the right to discriminate freely

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   
So, first off, let's clear this up.

big·ot·ry
ˈbigətrē/
noun
1. bigoted attitudes; intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself.

Isn't this the definition of the same thing you all are screaming about, which, makes you no better than the state of Kansas?

So a cake shop in Oregon REFUSED to make a wedding cake for a lesbian couple. They WON in the state supreme court. Yes, the lesbian couple WON. Apparently not being services at a business is a violation of civil rights, now a days in Oregon.

Oregon cake shop

Just because Kansas made this law, does not mean that the businesses have to follow it. It gives the businesses the right and privilege of deciding WHO they are willing to serve. Without fear of being shut down, run out of business, and out of town.

Not being served at a local establishment is not civil rights, especially if you can walk across the street to another shop and get served.

Many places have a sign that reads: "We reserve the right to refuse service at our discretion".

Completely asinine, ATS, asinine.

The LGBT preach tolerance, yet, I see no tolerance coming from them for others. It's a one-way street of tolerance being demanded, with no quarter given.

edit on 2014-02-17T00:02:28-06:00141220228 by Cygnis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Cypress

Um that is exactly what it means

Personal choice means personal

If I cant discriminate freely then it is not really personal choice is it?

Because someone else has to tell me not to

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I am trying to remember is this the same bill they are trying to make law that says doctors can withhold lifesaving medical treatment to unwed mothers on the basis of religion because they feel having children out of wedlock is sinful?

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Hold on, hold on. Let me get this straight....

A business has the right to refuse service to anyone, so long as the sign is posted clearly for all people to see.

The right to simply refuse service to a customer for any reason is already in place. Have the courage to stand for your convictions, and place a sign barring gay people and see how the society responds in kind. I dare ya!

The bible tells you not to judge. Even if a bill as discriminatory as this was to pass into law, it still wouldn't shield the business owners the consequences of their choice to be openly bigoted. They might be safe from frivolous lawsuits for refusing service to someone, but they won't be free of the backlash the community will have. If someone doesn't want to serve gays - post it in your window. Go ahead. Watch how people look at you even in your own church, watch your business sales go down, watch as people shake their head sadly at you.

What are people planning on doing? Telling patrons, "Oh, I'm sorry, you look "gay", I'm going to have to deny you food, as your an affront to my beliefs?"

CdT

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Grimpachi
I am trying to remember is this the same bill they are trying to make law that says doctors can withhold lifesaving medical treatment to unwed mothers on the basis of religion because they feel having children out of wedlock is sinful?

If the hospital is private, you could almost interpret the wording of the bill that way.

The implications of this are astounding. It could make criminal neglect a thing of the past. What if a fundie fireman sees a gay couple on fire? Can he just ignore them since they are "infringing on his rights"?

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Again the difference between public and private

A doctor might be able to to refuse service but really how many doctors (or hospitals) turn down money and really all that means is you find a different doctor

A fire fighter is a public servant and therefore not private

Eta the Hippocratic oath technically says you wont give an abortion. So we all know what really matters when it comes to doctors and money.
edit on am220142812America/ChicagoMon, 17 Feb 2014 00:52:17 -0600_2000000 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

And yet those that oppose the rights of those that wish not to serve homosexuals as a choice, are displaying bigotry themselves. Hilarious. Homosexuals are as intolerance of others as others are of them. Just makes me laugh at the reality and stupidity of those that believe bigotry is all one way.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   

mOjOm

WP4YT
If that were to really happen, I don't see it as a bad thing. It would just mean some gay guy could open up a restaurant that serves gay people, and make a killing. With his new fortune, he could donate some money to the gay community. Maybe with enough effort, they could reverse the process and make gay only places the norm, and hetero places the rarity. Sounds far fetched, but true freedom allows that. Those with enough willpower succeed, and those that don't fail.

You just will never get it will you?!?!? That also is "Discrimination". It doesn't matter if you switch places between them. This is so simple I'm not even going to explain it, yet again.

It's still a double standard. That's what you people don't understand, or simply refuse to understand. Just because you switch it around and say "Well, let's just make it legal for Gay's to refuse Straight people, or Let's just let Blacks repress White folks, or whatever the case may be." Doesn't make your argument valid!!! How can you not understand that????

Because they should have the right to discriminate. I don't tell you how to mow your lawn don't tell me how run my business. When the government wants to get rid of business taxes and pay the business's bills then they can have a say how it's run. Until then, someone not getting a drink a bar because the owner doesn't like them is not a tragedy. There's more pressing matters at hand like the fukushima radiation that's slowly killing us. That's more hurtful than being told to leave by some kkk member from their store.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   

MadMax9
reply to post by Cuervo

And yet those that oppose the rights of those that wish not to serve homosexuals as a choice, are displaying bigotry themselves. Hilarious. Homosexuals are as intolerance of others as others are of them. Just makes me laugh at the reality and stupidity of those that believe bigotry is all one way.
exactly. Everyone is bigoted, racist, hateful, spiteful, lazy, etc. It's part of being human. These laws are just a distraction to get people fighting while the government takes more of our money

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Gay people have their rights - business owners also have rights.

Why do people pick and choose who can have rights and the freedom to do what they want?

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Ramcheck
reply to post by agentblue

Oh really 'dude'? Ok well maybe they should go out and vote together with sound mind, and get rid of these ultra conservative idiots that run these cities into the ground.
(Bold by me).

*cough* Detroit *cough*

To the topic, this is not religion running government, this is politics.

If enough people in that state have an issue with the law, they will vote and have it overturned, if not, then it will stand (at least on the state level).

The feds will eventually step in with a court case to have it struck down.

It's funny how progressives celebrate when a school system is allowed to foist homosexual values onto ALL students regardless of their personal beliefs, but when something happens that allows individuals to exercise their own rights, regardless of the merit of those rights, they get all up in arms.

As an aside, MY marriage (to my wife) could be enough to allow a business in Kansas to refuse us service since we are technically a civil union, and weren't married in a church.

There's nothing to see here, the pro-homosexual agenda will win out once the federal government gets involved, so try to relax.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join