It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congrats, Bigots... Kansas Has Your Back!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Ramcheck

Not exactly what I was getting at there Skippy.

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Thalestris
How ignorant.

Of what exactly?

Ignorance means a lack of knowledge. Perhaps they have all the knowledge that both you and I do, but still choose differently.

But specifically, what knowledge are they lacking, that, presumably, would immediately convert them to your specific way of thinking the moment they acquired it?

Thalestris

I'm sorry but if you own a business sure you can refuse to who ever you want but realize that your business is a public space where non (insert religion of your choice) visit, stop using it as your personal pulpit for control.

Private businesses do NOT operate in public spaces (generally speaking)....

Thalestris

Screw these people.

"Yeah, screw them! We just have to HATE hard enough, and when we do, the world will magically turn into a place of love without any more hate!"

Right, just like we need more war to get to peace, and just like the best remedy for putting out a blazing fire is to quench it with a bucket of gasoline.

:rolleyes:

edit on 2/16/2014 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by amazing

Doubtful

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   

amazing

Christian Voice
reply to post by amazing

Let me get this straight,,,,, in your little mind Christians are the only people that do not support homosexuality ? What a narrow view of the world you have.

Well they are the loudest group against homosexuality. At least here in the United States, Christians are the most vocal opponents of homosexuality. I'm pretty sure I have a lot wider view of the world than you do. Cheers.

Not just the US to be fair, but then there aren't many Christians in Russia, just a lot of backward thinking idiots, to be honest.
edit on 16/2/14 by Ramcheck because: typo

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by amazing

That is just your own bigotry

This thread is so chock full of ignorance

From both sides

And I am pretty sure im the only non bigoted person here

Because I understand that even if I dont agree I have no right to force my beliefs on anyone

You all ( both sides) are just ignorant and want yiur views to be enforced by someelse

So you can be right

But you are all wrong

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

CaticusMaximus

"Yeah, screw them! We just have to HATE hard enough, and when we do, the world will magically turn into a place of love without any more hate!"

Right, just like we need more war to get to peace, and just like the best remedy for putting out a blazing fire is to quench it with a bucket of gasoline.

Not at all, just a few less people like yourself and we'd all be happy. No need for wars.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Christian Voice
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Nope, wrong again,,, some scientists suggests I am wrong. "Science" has never proven anything about homosexuality nor will they ever.

Wow... such a well thought out refutation of the points I made. Science is wrong because you say so. Well at least now I know who to turn to whenever I read a science book to find out of it is true or not. Peer-review and scientific method be damned, you are obviously the final authority on science's veracity.

If you couldn't tell, that last paragraph was sarcastic. The thread I linked, links to a study that determined a gene in gay men that made them so. Couple that with all the other studies (that you willfully deny) and I say there is a strong case for homosexuality to not only NOT be a choice, but be entirely natural. Though I'm not sure how I can have an argument with someone who's entire argument goes like this "Nuh huh! You're wrong, I'm right."

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Nope you are wrong. Your ignorant apparently biased study proves nothing and has been beaten to death and has nothing to do with this thread. Let's get back on topic.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Another sad day for human kind. "We're not in Kansas anymore, Toto!" Tolerance and acceptance are both needed for humanity itself to succeed and progress.

A shame...

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Christian Voice

"Nuh huh! You're wrong, I'm right."

Edited your post for clarity. When you graduate from 5th grade arguing tactics, how about replying with a real response to my points?
edit on 16-2-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

Did I say anything about Christians? I just went back and looked, thinking maybe I had, but no, not that I can see. So not sure what your point is there.

And do I think that only Christians are bigots? No, I don't. I also don't think that all Christians are bigots, or all bigots are Christian, or any other generalization you want to assume. I'm well aware that there are all kinds of people who are "adamantly anti homosexual," as you put it. I think they're all wrong, and I would happily serve any of them who came into my place of business.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Ramcheck

Not at all, just a few less people like yourself and we'd all be happy. No need for wars.

Ironic... here you are showcasing your outrage about the intolerance of a group of people, and your suggestion on how to deal with the intolerance is by showing intolerance and indirectly, but ever so obviously, wishing them dead.

A dangerous ideology of discrimination against differing thought that inevitably leads to the exact thing you say isnt needed.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I'm thinking, "Turn about is fair play."

If people would just
trying to cram their beliefs down others throats, we wouldn't be having these problems.

Your gay...so what! It's only a big deal to you!

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

CaticusMaximus

Ramcheck

Ironic... here you are showcasing your outrage about the intolerance of a group of people, and your suggestion on how to deal with the intolerance is by showing intolerance and indirectly, but ever so obviously, wishing them dead.

A dangerous ideology of discrimination against differing thought that inevitably leads to the exact thing you say isnt needed.

Not at all, really. As I said earlier you are just wrong and that's that, It is not even a question of intolerance and I am far from outraged. Quite amused actually. I cannot argue the point because you are just wrong. I hear this all the time over here, usually from Unionists or Northern Irish people with similar thought processes (or lack of). You Sir / Madam are a bigot, and as long as you remain a bigot, you will always be wrong.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Someone posted that this is not a law yet, and will probably not be voted in as it is surely un constitutional.

Still a sad day that we hear stories like this.
edit on 16-2-2014 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   

post by Another_Nut

...Because I understand that even if I dont agree I have no right to force my beliefs on anyone

You all ( both sides) are just ignorant and want yiur views to be enforced by someelse

So you can be right

But you are all wrong

I'll drink to that. Even the part where I'm wrong. Well said.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   

magicrat

So, wait, if I don't want to associate with racists and bigots, that means I'm guilty of discrimination and have a lot in common with RacistBigotLand?

There's a lot of over-generalizing going on here - I personally wouldn't paint any region of the country with any kind of broad brush - but it seems silly to me to suggest that not wanting to hang out with bigots is comparable to imposing your bigotry on others.

There seems to be a general failure in this thread of being able to discriminate (pun definitely intended) between objective and subjective.

This is the definition of "discrimination":

dis·crim·i·na·tion

noun
1. an act or instance of discriminating, or of making a distinction.
2. treatment or consideration of, or making a distinction in favor of or against, a person or thing based on the group, class, or category to which that person or thing belongs rather than on individual merit: racial and religious intolerance and discrimination.
3. the power of making fine distinctions; discriminating judgment: She chose the colors with great discrimination.
4. Archaic. something that serves to differentiate.

Now lets look at the bolded, and especially the underlined.

From my vantage point, both parties in this instance, the Kansas bill passers, and the indignant outraged progressives, are both guilty of exactly the same thing.

Specifically, both are "making a distinction in favor of or against, a person or thing based on the group, class, or category to which that person or thing belongs rather than on individual merit

The Kansas bill passers are saying that its OK to discriminate (due to religious beliefs) against someone based not on personal merit, but on sexual orientation.

The indignant outraged progressives are not only saying that its OK to discriminate against someone based not on personal merit, but on religious beliefs, but are actively engaging in that discrimination as we speak, and failing to realize that they are doing the same thing that they are railing against others for doing.

As I mentioned before, discrimination is discrimination, no matter which way its justified.

Subjectively, you may believe some discrimination is good, and some discrimination is bad, but objectively, you are all actively engaged in the exact same behavior you are decrying; that being discriminating against a group of people not based on individual merit, but of what category that person falls into (in your mind).

This thread is a hotbed of irony (and hypocrisy).

edit on 2/16/2014 by CaticusMaximus because: grammar

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

The thread I linked, links to a study that determined a gene in gay men that made them so.

It doesn't determine or prove that, rather it showed some correlation between a certain set of genes and the sexual orientation of a small sample of homosexual men. (400). Correlation does not equal causation.

Note also:

The gene or genes in the Xq28 region that influence sexual orientation have a limited and variable impact. Not all of the gay men in Bailey’s study inherited the same Xq28 region. The genes were neither sufficient, nor necessary, to make any of the men gay.

AND

The flawed thinking behind a genetic test for sexual orientation is clear from studies of twins, which show that the identical twin of a gay man, who carries an exact replica of his brother’s DNA, is more likely to be straight than gay. That means even a perfect genetic test that picked up every gene linked to sexual orientation would still be less effective than flipping a coin.

And

While genes do contribute to sexual orientation, other multiple factors play a greater role, perhaps including the levels of hormones a baby is exposed to in the womb. “Sexual orientation has nothing to do with choice,” said Bailey. “We found evidence for two sets [of genes] that affect whether a man is gay or straight. But it is not completely determinative; there are certainly other environmental factors involved.”

He's drawing conclusions that his evidence may in some limited fashion support, but certainly doesn't determine. He's being PC. His Science may not be "junk" but his reasoning is.

This article and the study it puts forward doesn't prove or determine anything.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Bigots arguing bigots over bigotry

To funny

Last post in this thread of ignorance

And im out (pun intended)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Ramcheck

Not at all, really. As I said earlier you are just wrong and that's that

lmao. . . well then with such a well thought out and reasoned argument what can any of us do but concede?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join