It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congrats, Bigots... Kansas Has Your Back!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Sounds like a small almost win for freedom. Business owners should be able to do their business with whoever they want. If they lose customers over it, that's sad but it should be their choice to make. But big brother wants to tell everyone how to live their lives and conduct business.

Honestly if you are racist or homophobic and don't like someone you could just not do business with them and cite another made up reason, thus making the anti-discrimination laws stupid.

link   

magicrat
reply to post by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

I'm betting you're thinking of this charming restaurant owner in Oklahoma.

Yes. That's the one! I forgot, he also hates "freaks" and "cripples".

I'd actually love to see this guy turn out a disabled veteran who is disabled and receiving VA assistance, who served his country defending the right for garbage like this to run their "white rich straight healthy men only" establishments.

The fake yelp reviews were hysterical, though.

link   
reply to post by muse7

No I did not. I was born a normal natural person. Normal and natural is heterosexual in order to procreate. To sway from this takes a choice, not a gene.

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I didn't see anyone say it, but to me this seems to be about protecting the business owners right to refuse service to anyone for any reason, to me this seems to be in response to what happened in Colorado, that guy who was either threatened or put in jail for refusing to make a cake for a gay wedding. It was wrong of the government to threaten a business owner to throw someone in jail for refusing service based on any reason. This is a cake that they could have easily gotten anywhere, but the gays wanted to force their ideals upon someone who is against their beliefs. It would seem to me that the government in Kansas is standing behind the right to refuse service to anyone for whatever reason, keep in mind this is a restaurant in Kansas not a hospital or a police department or fire department, most of those examples I just gave are publicly funded, meaning tax dollars fund them which means they have to follow the guideline of protecting all people equally. We are talking about a restaurant if gay people don't like it they can go to a gay friendly restaurant somewhere else, because that privately owned business does not get funded with tax dollars they have the right to serve who they choose to serve.

link   

Christian Voice
reply to post by muse7

No I did not. I was born a normal natural person. Normal and natural is heterosexual in order to procreate. To sway from this takes a choice, not a gene.

Oh where do I even begin with you? Hahaha. Unbelievable.

link   
Makes me want to move to Kansas just so I can open a business and ban Christians.

What are these backwards hillbillies thinking?

Just editing to add that-If this law passes, basically giving a business the right to refuse gay customers, then what's to stop the next bill banning whomever. I see this as a bad direction. Alright, so you don't like Gay people, and ban them from your business. No problem, but then you go to the dry cleaners down the street and they don't serve you because your Christian, They ban you at the video game store because you are in an interracial marriage, then they ban you from the pizza place because you're wife was born in Saudi Arabia...you see the problems here, right?
edit on 16-2-2014 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Ramcheck
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

That is exactly the sort of argument I would expect to hear from one of those conservatives who are inherently wrong all the time, to be honest.

"Inherently" wrong?

I would love to see you try to prove the objective wrongness of anything based solely on your subjective perceptions of the matter.

And so sorry, but Im not conservative.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Private business owners should be able to do business with whomever they choose. Just as the private Christian group The Boy Scouts of America should be able to disallow whomever they choose. "Private" is the key word here. We are not talking about government ran businesses, or even publically traded businesses. By the government sticking their noses into this clearly defies the separation of Church and state.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by amazing

And if you did would that be wrong?

Not in my eyes

So do it.

But if your business fails because you lack customers dont complain
edit on pm220142808America/ChicagoSun, 16 Feb 2014 20:08:53 -0600_2000000 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Ramcheck

I have an idea where you can end with me haha.

link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

You chose to believe in your God. You're entitled to that, and I hope that choice brings you wonderful things. But anyone who uses their chosen religion to deny the humanity of any other person is insulting all of humanity. In my opinion, anyway.

link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Ok guys deny ignorance, this is a bill not a LAW. It is NOT LAW!

Check it out

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

CaticusMaximus

Ramcheck
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

That is exactly the sort of argument I would expect to hear from one of those conservatives who are inherently wrong all the time, to be honest.

"Inherently" wrong?

I would love to see you try to prove the objective wrongness of anything based solely on your subjective perceptions of the matter.

And so sorry, but Im not conservative.

It may or may not be perception, that's another matter. The fact that you are wrong is just that, a fact. I can't help you, it's too late.

link   

Christian Voice
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Nor should government have any say in religion.

It doesn't... Religion has been the most conservative, unchanging organizations on the planet. They have outlasted many governments. Of course all that is moot considering there are strict laws in the US to keep religion out of government and vice versa, so what's your point? But perhaps you can explain to me how a Christian being forced to serve a gay couple at a bar is discriminating against Christianity.

Christian Voice
reply to post by rupertg

God did not create gays and lesbians. They choose to be that way. Anyone that chooses to be that way is insulting God by going against the natural uses of his creation.

edit on 16-2-2014 by Christian Voice because: (no reason given)

Except science says you are wrong. www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 16-2-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by amazing

Let me get this straight,,,,, in your little mind Christians are the only people that do not support homosexuality ? What a narrow view of the world you have.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Christian Voice
reply to post by Ramcheck

I have an idea where you can end with me haha.

What? Oh, heaven I take it? Right ok then, meet you there, at the gates..

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by magicrat

Where were Christians ever mentioned in the story of this ? Nowhere ? I'll ask you the same thing I just asked someone else,,,, why do you feel Christians are the only people in this country that do not support homosexuality ? You are sadly mistaken there. I know plenty of agnostics and non believers even in my small corner of the country that are adamantly anti homosexual.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Ramcheck
reply to post by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Exactly, you hit the nail on the head. Draw borders, I wouldn't want to be associated with these people.

Believe me, I've been hoping for this since the Clinton years.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Christian Voice
reply to post by amazing

Let me get this straight,,,,, in your little mind Christians are the only people that do not support homosexuality ? What a narrow view of the world you have.

Well they are the loudest group against homosexuality. At least here in the United States, Christians are the most vocal opponents of homosexuality. I'm pretty sure I have a lot wider view of the world than you do. Cheers.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Nope, wrong again,,, some scientists suggests I am wrong. "Science" has never proven anything about homosexuality nor will they ever.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join