It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congrats, Bigots... Kansas Has Your Back!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Actually, yes. Muslim cab drivers already refuse to transport gays and anyone with alcohol in many places, and they are not required to by law.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Exactly, you hit the nail on the head. Draw borders, I wouldn't want to be associated with these people.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
"God never created anybody that he doesn't love. Anybody who doesn't show love towards gay and lesbian people is insulting God. They are not just homophobic if they do that – they are actually Godophobic because God loves every one of those people"

Archbishop of Dublin Diarmuid Martin

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Ramcheck
If I were an American I would just draw a line through the middle and call the south Racistbigotland, and be done with it. Why waste any more time and energy on these fools? You want to progress? You want peace? It won't happen as long as you allow backward politicians to have any kind of 'power'.

To be fair, as mentioned already, Kansas is not in the South, but rather the Midwest. These actions are not limited to the Southern US, as other states are similarly "conservative"-might I say does not account for every person leaning conservative throughout other parts of the country. Actually some of the most Conservative states in the union, where people think this would go on full force, are not in the Southern United States(polls and data show differently in ascending order but most always include North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming, Utah, Idaho-in no particular order).

Okay, see that you replied,

Leaving it so others can see as I know it can be confusing to non Americans-odd country huh? lol
edit on 16-2-2014 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-2-2014 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

I'm betting you're thinking of this charming restaurant owner in Oklahoma.

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Ramcheck
reply to post by agentblue

Oh really 'dude'? Ok well maybe they should go out and vote together with sound mind, and get rid of these ultra conservative idiots that run these cities into the ground.

Ultra Conservatives run cities into the ground? It must be the same conservatives who have been running Detroit, Stockton and San Bernadino for years.

+19 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Ramcheck

Exactly, you hit the nail on the head. Draw borders, I wouldn't want to be associated with these people.

That sounds very discriminatory, and very non-progressive.

Whats the objective difference between you discriminating against someone who you think is wrong, and that person discriminating against others for what they think is wrong?

Perhaps you and the others who are discriminating here have more in common with " Racistbigotland" than youd care to admit.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

CaticusMaximus

Ramcheck

That sounds very discriminatory, and very non-progressive.

Whats the objective difference between you discriminating against someone who you think is wrong, and that person discriminating against others for what they think is wrong?

Perhaps you and the others who are discriminating here have more in common with " Racistbigotland" than youd care to admit.

You really can't see the difference?

edit on 16-2-2014 by Cuervo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
This is where the lines of liberty can appear to get a bit blurry, but really its pretty simple to distinguish where the line is. I am not sure about every state in the country, but in the ones i am familiar with there are laws that protect people from discrimination in the work place.

For example, in my home state of Washington, a business owner can fire their employees at anytime, without stating a reason or using a legitimate reason. There isnt a lot that the employee can do in that situation. If that person is fired and the reason is because of their race, sexual preference, or any thing else that is protected by discrimination laws, then the employee has ever right to sue and will likely win the case.

I don't see how this is any different. Yes a business has the right to refuse service to anyone, but they should not be able to discriminate based on protected classes. Refuse service to someone because they smell, or are drunk, or would likely cause a ruckus all day long and you are well within your rights as a business owner. When you start discriminating against people based off or race, creed, for sexual orientation then you are crossing the line and violating the rights of your fellow Americans.

I do not see this bill being enforced or upheld for long.

link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

That is exactly the sort of argument I would expect to hear from one of those conservatives who are inherently wrong all the time, to be honest.

"You say I am wrong, then you yourself are non-democratic." That, is the lamest argument ever.

link   
How ignorant. I am so tired of these idiots being able to enforce things that should be kept in their churches and homes and enforcing their bigoted control over the public. I'm sorry but if you own a business sure you can refuse to who ever you want but realize that your business is a public space where non (insert religion of your choice) visit, stop using it as your personal pulpit for control.

Screw these people.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

So, wait, if I don't want to associate with racists and bigots, that means I'm guilty of discrimination and have a lot in common with RacistBigotLand?

There's a lot of over-generalizing going on here - I personally wouldn't paint any region of the country with any kind of broad brush - but it seems silly to me to suggest that not wanting to hang out with bigots is comparable to imposing your bigotry on others.

+12 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Cuervo

I asked: Whats the objective difference between you discriminating against someone who you think is wrong, and that person discriminating against others for what they think is wrong?

The fact is there is no specific objective difference between one form of discrimination and another.

Very ironically, it seems some people think that while all discrimination is equally bad... well, some forms are MORE equally bad than others.

But discrimination against someone you dislike is discrimination against someone you dislike, no matter what the reason, nor if you think you are justified in your discrimination or not, which is the main problem here with the "progressives"; they think their particular form of discrimination is justified (ironically again, those they are discriminating against also believe they are justified in their own discrimination, putting both discriminator groups on equal footing with one another).

Just pointing out the blatant hypocrisy being engaged in in this thread, thats all.

edit on 2/16/2014 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by xDeadcowx

They do refuse people for not wearing shoes

Or shirts

I have always seen

" we have the right to refuse service to anyone"

Not

" we have the right to refuse service to anyone not in a protected class of citisenship"

Again this is from a bisexual homeless man .

So its not like i like it but it is also not like I have to eat there. If they dont want my money i will go somewhere that does

But I wont infringe on someone else

Really if they dont want me .fine

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Nor should government have any say in religion.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I can't see the difference, why don't you explain it to me....

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by rupertg

God did not create gays and lesbians. They choose to be that way. Anyone that chooses to be that way is insulting God by going against the natural uses of his creation.

edit on 16-2-2014 by Christian Voice because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

So (for example) discriminating against someone because their skin color is different than mine is "equally bad" as discriminating against someone because that person discriminates against people whose skin color is different from theirs?

Is that really the argument you're making?

link   

CaticusMaximus

I asked: Whats the objective difference between you discriminating against someone who you think is wrong, and that person discriminating against others for what they think is wrong?

It is not discriminative to tell someone who we know is wrong, that they are wrong.
edit on 16/2/14 by Ramcheck because: fixed quotes

link   

Christian Voice
reply to post by rupertg

God did not create gays and lesbians. They choose to be that way. Anyone that chooses to be that way is insulting God by going against the natural uses of his creation.

edit on 16-2-2014 by Christian Voice because: (no reason given)

So you chose to be straight?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join