It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now Chrome is all goofy on me as well as FireFox here on ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
If I let my confuser sit a bit while making lunch, the icons on myATS disappear, to be replaced by boxes or dashes. They reappear when I pass the mouse over them.

First it was weird fonts using IE now this! WTH!

My AV says everything is good (MSE, SpyBot, even Norton which is usually turned off). Went to a couple of other sites, such as MalWareBytes and CCcleaner. Still nothing.

Why is it doing this?

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

how old us ur pc?......why not try another browser

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

eyeinoz

how old us ur pc?......why not try another browser

The PC is 5 years old...and updated regularly.

The only other browser I haven't tried is Oracle. Which is Chrome based if I recall correctly. Isn't FireFox as well?

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
On IE I saw were some people's fonts were much larger. I have also seen little lines where the stars are supposed to be, but appeared when I hovered over. LOL Today things seem to be ok. Maybe it's computer gremlins. I need a new laptap soon anyway.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

We seem to be having many of the same problems.

I'm starting to think that there is a new virus/worm out there that none of the AV guys have caught onto yet.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
OH...the weirdest thing is before I post a reply the words will seem to go off the posting space and I can't see some words but when I finally post they are all there. I'll have to try firefox again see if it's better. Sigh.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I get that every now and then, usually if I am off ATS for a little bit or sometime if I refresh the page. Not really a bother to me, I have 3-5 tabs running most of the time anyway so I just flash the mouse over everything and all is well again.

Maybe just a minor glitch somewhere. As far as font size changing, some members just do that to make a point, at least that's how I always looked at it.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Looks like we have company. LOL

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

hoagy1199
Maybe just a minor glitch somewhere.

I don't know about you, but that phrase is starting to grate my nerves lately.

I hear it daily these days, on the MSM, the Government, etc. As in, "Don't worry about it, it's just a glitch."

It used to be a glitch was something serious. As in, "We have a glitch here, the aircraft is losing power!"

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
It just did it again!

WTH!

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
My computer was acting up every now and again, found out I had a bad memory module... replaced and everything is back to normal.

Run the hardware test on the memory (several passes) and see what you get... only thing I can think of at the moment that you may want to try.

Good Luck

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
It does it for me too as you describe but only sometimes. Also I cannot upload image files to the members area for posts. It used to be OK. I think you need to post this kind of thing in the Board Business forum too because I suspect it is a programming problem. In firefox, there is an error console which shows Javascript errors (under the Tools menu if you have one) which on my browsers show masses of errors. Not only Firefox does not upload due to these errors but Opera, and IE8 for me too.

If you are reporting this kind of thing, you need to give operating system (windows/linux/mac) and version name(windos xp, windows 7, Debian Squeeze, etc) or number plus browser name & version number. See the About box in browsers for version numbers. This information will help the programmers test on your setup or at least come close to it.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

Lovely. I've tried to contact ATS through their e-mail and was rejected.

The conspiracy thickens.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   

it sounds to me that your GPU is stressed, you say that your PC is 5+ years old, have you blown the dust out of the exhaust
ports or replaced the thermal paste on anything?

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   

It's not a virus at all. In Firefox in the upper left, click:

Firefox>Preferences>Preferences>Content. Click on the Advanced button, and make sure you have a check or x in the box that says "Allow pages to choose their own fonts, instead of my selections above". I'm not sure how to fix it on Chrome, but it should be a similar setting. Good luck and please share if that fixed it for you.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   

kunundrum

it sounds to me that your GPU is stressed, you say that your PC is 5+ years old, have you blown the dust out of the exhaust
ports or replaced the thermal paste on anything?

I use a can of air to blow it occasionally but it seems as if the fan labors from time to time so I'm going to replace that. Also as another member said (or recommended) that I look into the memory module. And after looking at the various tech support on the web, it does seem likely that is my problem, so I guess I'll have to replace that as well.

Luckily, I have a laptop, as I can't afford another desktop at the moment. Time to back everything up again until I get this sucker fixed.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

TDawgRex
If I let my confuser sit a bit while making lunch, the icons on myATS disappear, to be replaced by boxes or dashes. They reappear when I pass the mouse over them.

First it was weird fonts using IE now this! WTH!

My AV says everything is good (MSE, SpyBot, even Norton which is usually turned off). Went to a couple of other sites, such as MalWareBytes and CCcleaner. Still nothing.

Why is it doing this?

Yesterday mine was doing the same thing.
Today, though not on this posting page- the page loading animated icon stays active; still loading, or some bs going on in the background, which I searched my processes list- but could not locate immediately.

Coupled with the fact that uploading ability has also been compromised in the last few days...

Other members can agree? So, it's not the browser.

There's like ten different processes all claiming to be my opera browser???
edit on (2/17/1414 by loveguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   

That was one of my problems before I tried FF [and freezing up]
Also after a while, it wouldn't let me upload a pic, so I had to restart everything

So far FF is okay....so far

Kinda been switching back and forth some

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Please check to make sure that your Adobe Flash and Java are up to date on your machine. Often times that can be the reason for Firefox crashing. It could also be one of your add-ons. Try starting Firefox with the add-ons disabled. To do this, click the orange Firefox button in the upper left, then go to Help, then choose Restart Firefox with add-ons disabled. That's Firefox>Help>Restart Firefox With Add-Ons Disabled. None of your add-ons will be enabled, but you can see if ATS crashes without all the add-ons. Some add-ons are badly coded, and will cause Firefox to freeze or lock up. If Flash or Java is out of date the same is true. You should keep all of these softwares up to date on your machine, to prevent security threats. Good luck.

new topics

top topics

join