It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help! How should I bury cursed Mayan stones?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by someoneinnyc

Interesting story.

I think you need to have an archaeologist or expert in the field take a look at these. It is strange to me that you have not done this yet considering these objects have given you and your family such considerable thoughts through out the years ?

How far down were they buried ? You say they were un-earthed when your mom was a child in Texas. Would this mean they were found in the 1950's or 1960's ? Did you have anyone in the family that would of come across these relics elsewhere that may have buried them on the property for safe keeping ?

What is the history of the property ? Who owned the land prior to your family ? Any history of someone who owned or lived on the property that would of had access to such artifacts.

Was the land a route of any type known in historical records ?

Were they wrapped in anything or simply found in the dirt ?

Finally... We want to see the pictures please.

Why re-bury them ? Curse or no Curse, the artifacts may offer important information if nothing more than an awesome finish to a life long story for your mother, yourself and your family.

You have come this far in trying to find out the mystery to these artifacts your family has wondered about for such a long time, why not find all the answers. There are plenty of folks here on ATS that I'm sure would or could be helpful. Even in relinquishing a curse if one were truly attached to the artifacts.

leolady

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by someoneinnyc

Anyway you like.... there is no such thing as a curse.... So it doesn't matter how you bury them the results will be the same...

Peace,

Korg.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by iRoyalty

Perhaps you could add something of value that you own, as an apology or interest for borrowing their possessions. I was thinking this could also be the source of the out of place statue, perhaps someone found the stones before you and needed to bury them with an 'apology'.

Very interesting idea! I'm in to crystals so maybe I'll pick one out that might resonate with the collection...

Regarding the tarot card readers. They were legit psychics who don't advertise, word of mouth only. They called it right on some other unrelated things, so only in hindsight on this topic can I also give them credit. Also, which I didn't mention in my initial post, during the years I had possession of the stones, I would have dreams of evil in the form of black smoke swirling above or around me waiting for me to give into fear in order to consume me. Such entities are not uncommon in the realm of the evil spirits/demons and are to be dealt with carefully. They caused me some problems more than just some bad dreams but I did not elaborate in the post thread. I have shared some encounters on other posts.

Thank you for the addition suggestion!

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by leolady

I don't have a good explanation of why we never took the stones to a scientist or historian. My mom always talked about doing it so I figured she would. Then I thought I would do it for her. Procrastination? Influence from the stones? Inconvenience of not living in the same city or state as where they were found? I don't know. I've seen many similar objects in museums and books that tell me they are very common and not worth much monetarily. I really don't think they are of historic significance.

The property is in a residential community in a major city and was purchased by my grandparents sometime in the 40s or 50s. My mom is going to do more research when she is there this summer.

The stones were not wrapped in anything when she found them, just in the dirt but all together. The original wrapping likely decayed. She doesn't remember how deep they were. They were kids so not more than 3 feet.

I've thought that maybe they are ok not being reburied and simply left in the house but that doesn't feel right. I don't know what will happen to the house in the future so it feels safer burying them. If someone else eventually digs them up then the curse will be on them!

I asked my mom to send me a picture. I'll see how it feel to post it. Hope that answers your questions.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join