It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help! How should I bury cursed Mayan stones?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I’m looking for advice/suggestions from this knowledgeable community on how to rebury a collection of Mayan/Olmec stones that I have been told are cursed.

Here is the true story:

When my mom (who is now in her late 60s) was a young child in Texas, she and her brothers dug up a group of small stone heads and a string of stone beads in their backyard. She remembers clearly is that when they found them, her father told them that they should probably put them back. But of course they didn’t. Somehow, my mom ended up being the keeper of the stones.

She has always wanted to take the stones to a scientist to determine what they are and how old they are, but needless to say, my mom is bit of a procrastinator! LOL She never got around to it. Anyhow, I did my own research over the years and have seen very similar looking stones in books and museums. The best I can crudely guess is that they are a mix of pre-Columbian Mayan and Olmec stones. I believe some of them may be made of pottery and not actual stone carvings. One of them is so very different from the others, it looks African.

I debated on whether or not to post a picture but if the entity associated with these objects is upset about them being dug up, I highly doubt it would be happy about me posting a picture of them on the WWW! So, sorry, but I will spare myself and perhaps also spare you from any unwanted retaliation. But to give you a visual, I googled Olmec pottery heads and got a sampling of what they closely resemble.

Although opinions of what the stones are would be interesting to me, I’m here for advice on what ritual I should do to rebury them back where my mom found them. Why? Because I believe they are cursed. Why?

More of the story:

About 20 years ago, I lived near a tourist beach and took strolls down the strand many times. One sunny day I walked a bit farther than usual to a particularly touristy section, where all the psychics, tarot card readers and henna tattooists could be found. Suddenly, one of the psychics ran up to me and grabbed my arms then jumped back with shock and worry in her eyes. She pleaded with me, “you must see him or terrible things will happen! You can’t hide from him.” I told her I didn’t know whom she was talking about and she agreed that I didn’t know him. I asked her how can I see him if I don’t know who he is? She kept trying to warn me but then as quickly as she ran up to me she suddenly backed off saying “Oh, you don’t want to be recognized. I’m sorry, I can’t help you.” And then she walked away.

I chalked it up to freakville and thought nothing of it.

A couple years later I intentionally saw a highly recommended psychic who also warned me of an enemy, someone cat like, and that I may not be aware of who it is. She asked me if I wanted to know if anything bad was going to happen. I told her I didn’t want to know anything that I cannot change. So she didn’t share much else. Yikes.

About 10 years later I saw another highly recommended psychic who also didn’t have good things to tell me. She specifically told me was that my “family was cursed” and that we needed to put back what was taken. I asked her what she meant. She said a collection of things, small things but she couldn’t get more specific. I had no idea what collection she was talking about and I did not think of my mom’s collection of stones at that time.

Yet another psychic warned me about demons! Ok, so why do I keep going to different psychics? Because I keep hoping to hear something good! Lol

About 4 years ago, I finally figured out who the enemy is and the various descriptions fit the bill. That is another story that would take a book to tell. Needless to say, evil and demonic influences would not be inconsistent with events that happened. There has been a string of tragedy in our family even when my mom was young. I am not just talking about paranormal activity but mostly an ongoing string of ugly encounters with various unrelated groups of very evil people, some of whom may be involved in occult practices and others not.

The worst years of bad things happening to me and my family peaked, not coincidentally, when I took possession of the stone collection and separated pieces of it. I took them intending to take them to a scientist but never managed to get around to it either. That was not long after I was first warned by the psychic on the beach.

Strangely, or not so strangely, things seemed to calm down when I put the collections back together and gave it back to my mom several years ago. I did not give them back to her out of fear but only because she asked to have them back. It didn’t hit me until last year that one of the psychics was referring to my mom’s collection of stones. I don’t know what triggered me to connect the dots last year between the psychic warnings and the stones, but I have now convinced my mom to rebury them!

I am extremely grateful for the outright miracle that my family is still alive and fairly ok (knock on wood.)

I don’t mean to tease but I can’t share details of what bad things happened because I fear for my safety and the safety of my family if I tell too much. So please don't ask. I would like to stay on topic…

We plan to travel to the house this summer to rebury the stones. Luckily, my mom’s family still owns the same property where the stones were found. However, the original house was demolished and a new one built on it. She does not remember the precise location where she found the stones but we are hoping that her brothers may remember more.

So now I want to plan the reburial ritual and that is where I need your help…

Ritual questions:
• What container should the stones be placed in for burial? I have a round black stone box that I’m thinking of using. What other materials might be considered?
• Should I cleanse them before placing them in the container? Sage and mantra? What type of mantra? Compassion or protection or both?
• Should anything else be placed in the container with the stones such as a protective symbol, mantra or blessed object? I’m thinking nothing but the stones should be in it except I thought of restringing the beads because the original string fell apart at the time they were dug up.
• Should I engrave a warning, mantra or protective symbol on the container? Pentacle, Eye of Horus, swastika, eternity knot, a particular deity, etc?
• What mantra or prayer should I say before, during and after placing them in the container and then in the ground? Should I make any water and/or food offerings? I’m thinking of doing a traditional puja such as green Tara or a protector deity. I’ve had empowerments of various deities and familiar with the puja format, so I feel comfortable and qualified in performing one.
• What should be done to close the ritual and protect the participants? A puja format would include this aspect.

OR, do you suggest I hire someone who specializes in these things? If so, what specific type? What questions do I ask of them? What credentials am I looking for? Feel free to PM me.

Thank you so very kindly in advance for your thoughts and ideas!
Love & Blessings,
Someoneinnyc
edit on 16-2-2014 by someoneinnyc because: typos

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Really?

No offence but..... really?

Q: how much for the stones??

edit on 16-2-2014 by yeahsurexxx because: i might buy the stones

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
They aren't cursed stones. They were created so someone can see them in the future, they are time capsules. Pictures please. I would like to know what they say.

It is bad luck to sell those stones, possibly even illegal, especially if they are burial stones. Have someone translate them. I think the people who created these stones would not be upset if someone had them. Unless the individual was a crab a$$.

Bad luck usually comes from your actions, usually caused by excessive risk or bad attitude. Hanging around with a bunch of deceivers or having these deceivers as your idols also does not help. The stones do contain knowledge though, and this can effect your personality. They are your stones, decide what needs to be done with them. Don't fear the unknown, try to learn to understand it.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahsurexxx

Yes, really, seriously, for real, not kidding, no joke, not fiction.
The stones are not for sale.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by someoneinnyc

Were they in any container when found?
If not, they obviously don't need one.
If you feel they need to be buried, then bury them. The intention shoudl be enough.
The, I suggest, put it out of your mind.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I'd be tempted to sell them. Wy not contact people from that area who believe in curses and see what they reccomend?

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Maybe give them to a museum, they have ton's of "cursed stuff" but seems to be immune to the curses.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Photos would be great to see. I don't think there's any curse doing that. Curses usually relate to moving them from their original place or burial ground. Do you still have access to the property they were dug up from?

ETA
Not sure how you will approach the new homeowners to go poking around their yard.
I don't think it matters which exact spot they get re buried. The property has most likely been overturned and excavated to build on.

I would get experts to do this. Or advise you what to do.
You shouldn't ever engage in occult rituals yourself.
It's a shame they can't be kept though

Now you are worrying me , I brought home carved wooden Mayan masks from Mexico. Obviously not ancient . I wouldn't attribute any curses to them. I did however almost drown in the sea there. A few others things happened but I don't tie into anything Mayan. Not all . However I'm not fond of the creepy looking masks. I got them for wall art, but I'm not into that anymore. I just don't like reading they are for funeral rituals. I have a Mayan pyramid made out of crystal as well. I lost the stone Mayan pyramid. I will be looking for that item all day now! I only just recalled it,

edit on 16-2-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Interesting perspective. I like your non-fear based approach. I need to inject a bit of that in this.

Sometimes deceivers are just that, they deceive without it being known. That was situation with some of these so-called 'enemies'. Yes, I believe that we create our situations from past lives, karma, or current attitudes, as you put it. But what some of these people did was hidden in a way that was not brought on by current bad attitude or my family's bad attitude. In fact, I believe we persevered because of our 'innocence' of attitude, unknowing what was being done. Well, not consciously knowing. Brought on by past life karma, yes.

No, and much to my mom's disappointment, the stones will not be sold. I think she always hoped they would be of some value for her children's benefit some day. However, from the values I see online, they are not of much monetary value. But lack of monetary value is not why I don't want to sell them. I don't believe in bad luck or coincidences. I believe the intentions in our choices create future experiences. So my intention in reburying them is do respect the intention of the person who buried them.

It may have been fine for my mom to have kept them all these years, her intention being that they were valuable. But it clearly was not ok when I took them and separated the pieces, using one of them for decoration. I did not have respectful intentions.

If I had not been given a warning by more than one psychic, then I may have decided to keep them. But there seems to be no benefit in keeping them. I worry that over time and generations, they may fall into the wrong hands or be accidentally thrown away.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

That would creep me out as well.

But seeing as you are in a different time from when the stones were buried, I would just put them back if you feel the need too and sincerely apologize.

If there are vengeful spirits attached, they would see it as it is. A sincere apology, and hopefully your life will improve.

If that doesn't work, well...Threaten to crush them and make them part of the driveway.

Sorry...I hate it when people or otherwise screw with me.
edit on 16-2-2014 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Without photos of The Stones this is just a neat story. Why? Because it is not possible to give advice on what to do with them if they are unidentifiable. Hate to piss off the Olmecs using Mayan methods to bury them and visa-versa.

Pics or it is all a neat but incredulous story.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

My mom doesn't remember any container or wrapping. She remembers finding them together in the dirt. They may not have had an original wrapping or it may have decayed over time. Leaving them unwrapped for reburial is a possibility.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

LOL
The people who dug up the objects are usually not connected to those who work in museums. They usually passed through various hands and we don't always know the stories of origin behind object. Legit archeological sites seem to have good intentions in handling objects. Finding a home in a museum where the object is respected, studied and preserved might the key factor in reducing any negative energies associated with an object.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
throw them in the clothes bin at the salvation army

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

Yes, my mom's family still owns the property where they were found. The original house was demolished and a new one built. However, she found them in the back yard, so we think that is where we will rebury them.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Threaten to crush them and make them part of the driveway.
reply to post by TDawgRex

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Well,
first of all I have to say, that I'm not familiar with mayan or native american curses, but I can tell you a thing or two about demons. No matter what psychics tell you, or what those entities want to make you believe, they are not more powerful than you. They just know how to play their cards right and I have to admit that some of them are capable of doing things one could refer to as "annoying"
Usually they can only really be dangerous, if you decide that they don't exist, because then you won't be conscious of their "attacks" or their "moves".
Well whatever... as far as these stones are concerned, you should do what you feel ist the right thing. What do you feel, when you hold the stones?! Do you feel like they should be far away from you?! Is it because those people told you to be afraid?! Who were those people?! Have you seen who's inside of them?! Maybe it's the same beeing, that is messing with you and maybe there is something to those stones, that is really important for him (or his existence maybe)
He tries to frighten you, because he is terrified! Don't let him "Big Legdrop" your mind
If you meet him, be sure you are filled up with the feeling and the knowing, that you are superior to that beeing. If you ever really start to fight him... Stay conscious! Be aware, that it is YOUR dream.
As for the burial of the stones, it doesn't really matter what ritual you would perform or what kind of things you do to the stones before you bury them. It doesn't even matter, where you bury them. The Chance is 50/50 that he won't leave you alone, because now he knows, that he can make you do things. Further those guys have a tendency towards making a fool out of anyone, so that they can get a good laugh! And most likely this will not be so funny for the victims of their "jokes". They really made me go insane, but the I remembered something.... anyway... If I were you, I would rather turn around and kick his ass, as if I was an archangel
then to do what he wants and follow the commands of an unseen psychic terrorist. When you start to stand your ground, you will see how his powers vanish into what they are, compared to yours.... Crap! Not even recognizable! Sub-Atomic so to speak!
We'll meet... keep your eyes open, when you close them!

Peace!
Mic' L

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I'm happy that you saw my sense of humor.

Honestly not trolling.

My Sis lives close to a spiritualist village and there are some strange things that go on there. I've seen it with my own two eyes, and they have made me think...Hmmmm, that's odd.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Perhaps the stones and clay heads wanted to be found. You think that they have given your family bad luck, but what if they were actually doing the opposite this whole time? The unfortunate things that have happened to your family over the years could have been much worse if it weren't for the items protecting you and your family. Say for example someone in your family was robbed. Yes, the robbery would have been unlucky, but maybe without the stones, the person would have been hurt-or worse during the robbery. The artifacts have been blamed for bad luck, when they just as likely could be protecting you from worse things.

Why re-hide and dispose of the items in your possession? For whatever reason, your Mother found them. Maybe they were meant to be found and enjoyed. Imagine the pride that the maker of these items would feel if they knew that many centuries later, someone would find and cherish them. I bet he/she would be honored.

If you really just want them out of your life, why not donate them to a local museum in the area that the items were found? That way they could be enjoyed by countless people who appreciate history.

Just thinking out of the box, and providing an alternative viewpoint.

Good luck with whatever you decide!

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Astar316

Thank you! This is excellent advice! I'll have to be mindful of how much of this is my doing or being bullied into. Hmmm ... good food for thought!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join