It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please do a IQ Test and Report the Results (Up or Down only)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Dear ATS Member,

i do sporadicly IQ Tests via the Internet (i know, i know,....)
since 2001 and asked some Friends and Family to do
the same thing.

Everyone reported a massive decreasing Level of IQ.
in the last 5 Years, (ca. 25-50%, all Ages)
i would like to know if the international Member here report the same.

I don't look for the IQ Level, the point of interest is
"up or down" and in the case of "down" how much in %!

As far as i know it is not important what kind of IQ Test
you chose, also i don't want to recommend one because
i do not know english speaking Test Sites.

It is important for me to get a better Picture and i would
be highly grateful for more Information, please do such a Test
when you have enough free Time.

Domo

PS: me Level decreased ca. 30%

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

Do they put fluoride in your water?
Do you consume products that contain fluoride?

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
To have any viable facts you need a comon test everyone takes or the facts will be way off... just sayin.

PS. I have the IQ of an ice cube

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I know you know this, but I'll say it anyway... online IQ tests are absolutely meaningless. IQ tests should be administered by qualified professionals and in person. Furthermore, you can't compare one IQ exam to another because they all have different scales. While 100 is the mean, the standard deviations vary greatly. A 140 IQ on one test might be just a 125 on another, for example. But you also can't keep taking the same IQ test (like the kinds offered online) because your scores will naturally go up with practice and seeing the same questions/type of questions again and again).

That being said, I understand and can relate to the frustrations of an IQ that feels like it is dropping. I only had one psych administered IQ test when I was a kid, and haven't tested again...but I think my IQ has taken a beating with motherhood. I wouldn't dare re-test. I'd like to pretend my old IQ still applies.

Keep yourself active, mentally... good nutrition, exercise, etc. It's really all you can do. If you are having serious memory issues, of course, see a doctor. Otherwise it might just be part of the suckiness of aging. Sorry... I hope you get feeling better about it.
edit on 16-2-2014 by VegHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

DogMeat
To have any viable facts you need a comon test everyone takes or the facts will be way off... just sayin.

PS. I have the IQ of an ice cube

"PS. I have the IQ of an ice cube"

Cool

edit on 16-2-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Human0815
Dear ATS Member,

i do sporadicly IQ Tests via the Internet (i know, i know,....)
since 2001 and asked some Friends and Family to do
the same thing.

Everyone reported a massive decreasing Level of IQ.
in the last 5 Years, (ca. 25-50%, all Ages)
i would like to know if the international Member here report the same.

I don't look for the IQ Level, the point of interest is
"up or down" and in the case of "down" how much in %!

As far as i know it is not important what kind of IQ Test
you chose, also i don't want to recommend one because
i do not know english speaking Test Sites.

Domo

As far as I know, IQ exams are timed, it may be a slow computer as to why your score plummets?

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I was taking the MENSA test many times over the years. When I was working 15 hours a day and eating crappy it was slowly getting worse.

I took it not long ago and noticed, I was doing well, I even remembered the answers and the questions from before. So I gave up three quarters of the way through, I knew the answers, that is cheating I guess.

I am doing better on them now than I did before, but my time to take these tests increased. I don't think quite as fast but I am more thorough.

I avoid the foods that dope me and also the chemicals that cause this doping. I actually boosted my consumption of foods that stimulate brain repair and growth. I don't drink fluoridated water but do consume some foods that contain fluoride. I reduced my consumption of foods that naturally have bromides present in them also. There are quite a few changes that I have made over the last six years to bring my intellect up to my intellect when I was young.

I know that fluorides and bromides of the right type that are natural in foods eaten at the right time can have a positive effect on the body under certain conditions. These natural bromide and fluoride foods are necessary to keep you calm and can even help to heal a person under certain situations. The bromides do not belong in bread though and the fluoride compounds they have in water are not good though, the chemical structure of these is not natural. They mess with the body and cause a temperary lowering of intelligence if consumed regularly. Eat some rutabaga or shellfish for natural bromides. Drink tea or coffee for natural fluorides. There are also many other less strong sources to get these things.

Back onto the IQ. I would say that there are a few causes of this. Foods are the main source of the problem. The micronutrients aren't there in high enough quantities because of depleted soils. We also take our or neutralize some chemistry to help lengthen the storage life of these foods. Omega threes should be consumed at adequate levels, eat fish once a week. Canned salmon has high levels of omega threes, drink the juice in the can....

Drink coffee, put poultry seasoning on your chicken, and make sure to get enough magnesium and molybdenum in your diet. Sunflower seeds are good for that. Magnesium doesn't make you smarter, it allows your brain to function at the level it was designed to work at. As you age, you will get slower thinking, because you tend to compare what you see against what you know, kids have not the amount of broadform knowledge that an older person has. It is like having a full one terrabyte harddrive on a computer vs a small amount of data on that harddrive. The full harddrive takes more time to access, no matter what size processor is used. People who are older have more memories to sort through. Now the young are not smarter at all than we are, Evaluating experience takes much more brain power than memorizing facts. Intelligence and knowledge are not the same.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

Domo

My best advice is, to not worry about it. I was tested by professionals because of "issues" that I once had, and surprised the crap out of them. Unfortunately, having a high IQ has never done me a damn bit of good. To be truthful, it's actually caused me some problems.

Forget about it, and be happy...

See ya buddy,
Milt
edit on 892America/Chicago2RAmerica/Chicago2014-02-16T14:25:06-06:00Sunday00000006America/Chicago by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
One more Time i am Zero interested in the Score
or how long it need, the only thing i am interested in
is the "Up or Down"!

Kind of a Self-awareness Check Up,
are you becoming smarter or is the Result the same?
(getting less "intelligent", what ever this means)

I am interested in the Process of finding a Solution
and how difficult it became.

No Fluoride or other Drugs here.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Human0815
One more Time i am Zero interested in the Score
or how long it need, the only thing i am interested in
is the "Up or Down"!

Kind of a Self-awareness Check Up,
are you becoming smarter or is the Result the same?
(getting less "intelligent", what ever this means)

Even on a completely valid test, if you have had an erroneously very high score and used
that as a benchmark, most of the following scores will be lower. You might occasionally
(if you take many, many tests) do about as well.

By valid in the above and following, I mean an IQ test which has been calibrated against
a standard like the Stanford-Binet or Wechsler tests. They should be administered and it
should be noted that the person giving the test can influence the results to some extent.
Most valid tests are much more accurate around an IQ of 100, a few specialized tests may
have improved accuracy for either high or low scorers and not do as well with average
scorers. Often, the common standard tests have only a few (at most) questions to assign
scores for individuals in the tails. They are not accurate much outside of +/- two standard
deviations.

The online tests which are free are trying to sell you something. That said, the free tests
tend to be nothing more than bait. They could be biased towards easier questions to inflate
your score and thus your probability of purchasing what they want to sell. Even if they used
standardized scoring, they are typically much too short for stability and could give widely
varying results. I personally wouldn't bother with them unless you are trying to become
familiar with a particular problem type or find some level of amusement in them or have some
other goal besides curiosity about your IQ. I would at least want to see their method of
standardizing to the real IQ standards and how they determined that the online test, which
has no person administrating and usually isn't timed, is equivalent.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
My score has remained the same; both brain cells are still functioning at 30%.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Mine is down. I don't need to take the test to tell you that.

When I was in primary school I was offered a place in a selective school. (not grammar school, I too young for that!) These days I am looking to the dictionary for words that I spelled easily as a child. I also have to read things a few times before it sticks now.

My score now is 118 but 90% of that is coffee dependent.

ETA;

Have you considered CO poisoning? It could be a factor if your family are having problems too. I would highly recommend getting tested.
edit on 1622014 by Tsu322 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I too noticed this dramatically, mine went down about 48%, and I was/am in no way surprised.

I too tested myself a few months back as I knew something was desperately wrong.

Weird how everyone is avoiding testing themselves, like they don't want to know.

I can understand why, usually people with a high IQ they could feel good about for years, and then going way down to normal can be a bruise to the ego.

Mine went from way above average to nearly mentally handicapped.

I am sad to say, and I can tell, BIG time.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I have taken many IQ tests, and as far as I can tell, the drunker I am the better I do.

top topics

join