It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Going On in Venezeula? Feb 12th 2014 - Must See!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Coming to the USA next?

Although the video embellishes how many people are dying, I believe they are just trying to get their point across.

100,000's of students are peacefully protesting, yet they are getting killed in cold blood, because they are protesting the countries chaotic living conditions.

Talk about MSM governmental control well here is the proof. Venezuelan government has even shut down Twitter.

At times like this I am thankful for the internet. Please share this info the world needs to know.

My prayers, thoughts, and love go to family and fellow human beings in Venezuela,

RT
edit on 16-2-2014 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

law to protect

A breach of the peace was a common-law offense, but is presently governed by statute in many states. It is frequently defined as constituting a form of Disorderly Conduct. Examples include using abusive or obscene language in a public place, resisting a lawful arrest, and trespassing or damaging property when accompanied by violence.

Statutes commonly require that conduct constituting a breach of the peace must be clearly a type of misbehavior resulting in public unrest or disturbance. As an example, a prostitute who solicited men walking by on a public street from her window was found guilty of breaching the peace, but a man who raised his voice to a police officer while the officer was issuing a ticket to him was not guilty of the same offense.

A breach of the peace is synonymous with a disturbance of the peace. Jurisdictions that do not have a specific statutory provision for the offense may punish it as a form of disorderly conduct. The usual penalty imposed is either a fine, imprisonment, or both.

West's Encyclopedia of American Law, edition 2. Copyright 2008 The Gale Group, Inc. All rights reserved.

That looks confusing, sorry.

It is the gov at fault for breaching the peace.

edit on (2/16/1414 by loveguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Indeed. The MSM has not been covering this. Why not?

Hell, Venezuela even has loads of oil, too! A requirement for US foreign policy concern. What gives?

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
If you read the various media reports, they paint the picture that the protestors are to blame, calling them violent and crazy, especially in the headlines. Heck even Aljazeera has made it look like the student protestors are to blame, but that's somewhat understandable given the state of the economy in Iran and most of the ME. They don't want their populous thinking they need to do something as well. However, if you read further into the articles, most go on to explain how Chavez' fiscal policies caused massive inflation to the point where basic life sustaining necessities have become almost unobtainable. Obama's policies, along with the Fed, are going to do the same here and in fact have already been doing that for quite some time. It's why there's record numbers on public assistance.

The media control the conversation and how issues are presented and that is in every country. They're all influenced by the state and big business. There's no honest reporting any longer. Yeah everyone around the globe is being screwed by the leaders of their country, the corporatists and the banksters. Maybe it's a global plot to serve some purpose we're not allowed to know until it's complete. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure of it.
edit on 16-2-2014 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
These people were protesting peacefully. They did not deserve to be gassed or beaten to death. This is an outrage! What the hell is wrong with people? Where is their compassion, their humanity and love?????? A government is supposed to work for the people not be against them.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Ongoing thread by maythetruthbeknown from Venezuela
Civil war in Venezuela

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
2 weeks ago I got a new follower. She is from Venezuela. So we have been talking. She's a student. No mention of a protest from her. But she writes in Latin. So I have to translate. I fact I just got a tweet 40 mins ago. Exactly when did they close down twitter? I'm confused.

Edit: we talk about her likes as in bands. Art. And friends.
edit on 16-2-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

She resides in Carabobo Venezuela. Not Argentina...I checked

I did catch it on fox news. Last week. And its all over YT. so I know something is happening.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

I am here in Venezuela at the moment
Yes ,from what I have seen the majority of the protesters have been very peaceful. For one thing they dont get drunk which is always helpful. There is a small group which can be said to be disruptive, but can you blame them when they are getting shot at. Or being gassed with Adamsite

I dont want to derail this thread as this needs as much attention as possible, but I have an ongoing thread HERE with lots of information contained within.

I do find it strange that the msm have not given this situation much exposure. Al jazeera blaming the protesters does not surprise me. They have a political agenda.

The protests are very active tonight. There is one not far from me and it is very loud. Stay safe people

edit on 16-2-2014 by maythetruthbeknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by maythetruthbeknown

Thanks for the input.

I did a search on ATS and came up with nothing before I posted the thread. Good 'ol ATS search engine does it again. lol

And you are correct they need as much attention as they can get, international pressure is a good thing.

Stay safe there.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Thank you this is helpful.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
The media there is state run is it? Is this also the reason it's not getting out as it should?

Or the general consensus is u.s. media block only?

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigburgh

The media is mostly state run. If you have cable you can get CNN (English and Spanish) which covered the issue slightly. The government here took a Columbia news channel NTN24 off air for reporting on the protests.
Link

Twitter was being censored but it appears to be up and working again. Anonymous, apparently hacked some 60 websites belonging to the government.

If things turn really ugly then the government could shut down the internet completely as Cantv is the only provider and it is state run.
I do not see any signs of the protests abating. However ,,unless the military and police join the protesters ,then unfortunately I do not see a good outcome.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I have doubts as to how soon it will come to the US because for the most part Americans still believe peaceful protests, drum banging, hacky sack playing and posters will somehow change their World. A World that many in the streets don't even know of. It's just cool to be in a crowd, loot and tweet their excitement.

Other Nations are taking charge while the US is sinking even further and past the point of no return.

Want to see true conviction? These people aren't even close to being as armed as the US citizens and yet have 10x more conviction that they place on the front line.

Peace

edit on 16-2-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Thank you. Sad that I have to come here to find better sources. I'll just follow this thread for awhile. Thanks everyone.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
If each of the protesters had a gun and ammo they may be able to accomplish something.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

live upstream link of a road in Caracas. Just heard some gunshots
sh8ausi8t5zbg6zcefy4.r.worldssl.net...

Stay safe people

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
While watching the video I began to recall all of the things I've read about America using other countries for (nefarious) secret testing grounds, then tracking the results.

Perhaps this is a test to collect data for, oh, something or other.......

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Realtruth
Coming to the USA next?

This IS orchestrated by the US, it has the same characters as the so-called "Arab Spring" and the Orange revolution in Ukraine.
If the people of USA has anything coming, it is far more omenous than rocks, tear gas and police beatings.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   
the u.s. is behind this, what do you think the internet was created for? the only country that this tool wont be effective is the u.s. because it requires information superiority meaning that person controlling the internet has all the power, in our country its controlled by the NSA, SSA, ISA, and CIA not the people. in venezuala it is being used by the people but is still being controlled by our NSA. the venezualian government can try to stop this but they cant. just like the middle east, they should've never crossed the Big Oil companies.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Skittle

Realtruth
Coming to the USA next?

This IS orchestrated by the US, it has the same characters as the so-called "Arab Spring" and the Orange revolution in Ukraine.
If the people of USA has anything coming, it is far more omenous than rocks, tear gas and police beatings.

exactly, we see these dictatorships as anti-freedom yet in reality these dictators were born out of the fight for freedom, some of these dictatorships have more civil liberties than we do and less private interests. we cannot even stop our own army which is made up of our very own citizens from invading a country that most of the country doesnt want to evade. we are in denial over our slavery, trying to justify our slave status by renaming it duty. last time i checked the only ones with duties are people with elected responsibility not volunteers.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join