It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does One lose their Drive in Life? OPP'S!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I can relate to your OP as of recently.

There are phases in one's life when you try everything and nothing. I'm in this phase when I'm trying everything but still seem like it's worth nothing. Well, not really, but almost looks like it.

In reality, I know deep within myself that each steps forward (or backward) is far from being meaningless. Life is all about perseverance. It's hard, it's tough, it's a bitch, but it's magnificient. By not giving up, we acknowledge this power we all possess, which is hope. Hope is what drives us up. Without it, I don't believe we would be here discussing how to change ourselves and this mad world. Hope is like a deformation of an actual reality. Transforming an improbable future into a very strong probability.

And with experience, I've come to the realization that what one should aspire with hope is:

Love. Health. Let go.

ETA: To answer your OP's question directly: When one lose hope.
edit on 16-2-2014 by St0rD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by wildapache

USA didn't work out but another western country might. You say you do have some money for a ticket, and there is nothing in America holding you back right?

So I suggest you try Europe, Belgium to be precise. You can become a student, no questions asked. A year in college is not very expensive especially compared to USA. You can work while on student visa, there are jobs enough and they pay pretty good. Cheap housing and very cheap health insurance and the best of all, half of the country is french speaking so it's easy-peasy for you to study and find a job.

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose !!! and don't forget that it goes both ways

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I've lost the drive in my life.

So the answer of how does one lose their drive seems very obvious to me. Life is like a marathon, only you find yourself running it on a treadmill and getting nowhere. There is no finish line, no prize, no rewards, no heroes parade. You go on and on and on, getting nowhere, with nothing to show.

You make friends, they betray you, you have lovers, they betray you, you have jobs and lose them. You earn money and pay bills, never enough to treat yourself.

Life sucks.

In fact, I'm not living, I'm existing... so there is my answer to the loss of drive.

How do we get that drive back? I wish someone would tell me how.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Use everything you have in front of you! Now the turning yourself in stuff one might consider before acting though. You might get more of a push then a moving so think this out! Ideas come and go, plans take awhile, never rush into anything first.

Peace

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Mister_Bit
I've lost the drive in my life.

So the answer of how does one lose their drive seems very obvious to me. Life is like a marathon, only you find yourself running it on a treadmill and getting nowhere. There is no finish line, no prize, no rewards, no heroes parade. You go on and on and on, getting nowhere, with nothing to show.

You make friends, they betray you, you have lovers, they betray you, you have jobs and lose them. You earn money and pay bills, never enough to treat yourself.

Life sucks.

In fact, I'm not living, I'm existing... so there is my answer to the loss of drive.

How do we get that drive back? I wish someone would tell me how.

It's ironic, because it might have been one of the only times in my life I said those words today: 'Life sucks'.

But in the end, we all know this is not true. Life is perfect.

The world we humans made out of it is what really sucks. This imperfect world of ours, based on vice and consumption.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

edit on 16-2-2014 by jacygirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

That is not even in my mind!

Might have the thoughts, yet no wants on that Dept. Although I use the 3 strikes and you nolonger Exist in my book rule.

Considered dropping it to 2 strikes, Oh the pondering!

Peace

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by St0rD

I do not think I have lost Hope. Still Hope for Peace shall be there till I die! I find Hope to be something Outside yourself. You have to put the effort in your life or else nothing will get done without you. So I learned to play that card well.

Found Happyness, just lost interest in it. Is that Possible?

Peace

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Exitt

I did actually think about it,but i have to get back home first in other to get a visa for anywhere else...Plus I really don't think I will have the strength and/or courage to go through another period of separation,might it be only for 9 months or so...But I will keep what you said in mind...Thanks

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Mister_Bit

Existing does ring a bell! Here people spend their entire live trying to find what existing means. I do not want to go out that way!

I know what existing is, bites! Yet there is fun there too. When does old age hit a man anyways? Woman too! Get so caught up in life, everything loses meaning at some point.

Me anyways!

Peace

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by infoseeker26754

Humm well, if you found happyness but lost interests over it maybe it's all about this concept:

what we have we don't cherish and what we lose we aspire

What do you think?

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

St0rD

Humm well, if you found happyness but lost interests over it maybe it's all about this concept:

what we have we don't cherish and what we lose we aspire

What do you think?
Do you believe a bird in a cage cherishes what he has? Should it be happy for what it has? Food, a home etc etc...

What about freedom? Freedom to live and fly?

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by St0rD

I haven't lost anything I wanted. Downsided it some though. Seems my ideas and how things work out are 2 different things. Actually caught in the middle in a way.

Other then Peace on Earth, and thats still on the Table! Odd. I do not need anything as far as I can tell anyways.

Hugs are always good though!

Peace

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I understand. I re- immigrated back to my country by choice, so oh boy do i understand.

Still, i think you have a good chance to prosper in Belgium (and to get a visa, that's 80% easier than in USA)
Sharing this link with you so you can check it out Université libre de Bruxelles
One year of education costs approx. 1000 euro which is a fair price to pay for a better future.

Wish you luck, lots of it.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I don't see this analogy as a good example simply because the bird doesn't have what it needs to be happy. A bird is made to fly and to be free, just like you said, so in this instance it would be hard to cherish what it has in a cage... even though it's still possible.

I was referring to someone who ultimately has all he could possibly want and truly need but still continue to pursuit more and appreciate less, therefore loosing interest in what he has at the moment.

There would be two possibilities to explain that:
1st - He doesn't have what he truly needs.
2nd - The concept I talked about in the above post

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Yep! I am Greatful for what I have, bow down and consider myself Blessed. Had to wonder if that could be my Cage I'm in sort of way.

Wondering if I am lacking something or might have took a turn off the beaten path. maybe turn up the fire some. I find that I have no ideas out there to ponder. Like I am at a cliff overlooking everything.

Nothing strikes my interests lately, for awhile so existing for the moment. Part of Life I've come up too. Just wondering if anyone else has got to this point really.

Now What? I'm lost for words! lol Would have never though I reach this point, nor was it even considered before.

Peace

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by St0rD

Going for #1!

Truely knowing what one needs hits the ball park! Sat down for months, asking this basic question. I want nothing yet Need Something I do not know I need.

Waiting, seeking, and asking has led up to this point. Blankness is all I get. Nothing wrong with it, just odd since I can accept it.

Problem is though, Its boring! Say I have 100 things I can do, try them and still Bored. Sleep just fine, nothing mental, so what gives? Mid-Life Pains only?

Don't tell me I Lost my MOJO!

Peace

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

What a funny word used so often, Freedom. Being in a cage is no different then being in Hell. Except you can not leave in person. Yet your mind can roam completely free at any given time.

I have to think about how how it is out East where people do not have a chance to even consider resting just for a day or 2. Some places are even worst out there! Looking at it another way some consider the cage to comparied to being safe from the outside world also.

Considering both aspects, either side has its short comings. Even being free and finding nothing striking your interest has me wondering if I missed something really.

Who knew?

Peace

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I guess that is what I mean...

By material standards my life would be considered great to many thousands BUT if my spirit inside is dying, feeling trapped and unable to breathe, what does that matter to me? To me it is still a cage, my own personal hell... ungrateful? No. I appreciate the things I have, I just don't want those things. I don't need those things.

Spiritually I am dying, I don't want this life any more, it's a prison and it's crushing me.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Mister_Bit

I guess that is what I mean...

By material standards my life would be considered great to many thousands BUT if my spirit inside is dying, feeling trapped and unable to breathe, what does that matter to me? To me it is still a cage, my own personal hell... ungrateful? No. I appreciate the things I have, I just don't want those things. I don't need those things.

Spiritually I am dying, I don't want this life any more, it's a prison and it's crushing me.

I completely relate to what you wrote.
Completely.

jacy

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join