It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Present Weakness and Resurrection Life

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by JamesCookieIII

I have both killed, been robbed, robbed others.... I draw my morals from virtue ethics. not deontology, not utilitarianism. you seem to want to deny ignorance by using logical fallacies like describing where I derive my morals from. unless I missed something.

Did you feel bad about killing or stealing?
edit on 19-2-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

The government doesn't, doesn't he need to also?

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

I have both killed, been robbed, robbed others.... I draw my morals from virtue ethics. not deontology, not utilitarianism. you seem to want to deny ignorance by using logical fallacies like describing where I derive my morals from. unless I missed something.

Did you feel bad about killing or stealing?
edit on 19-2-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

yes because it was unnecessary to the greater good, the good of God... it's vulgar and crude on a spiritual level; because I had the choice to NOT kill or steal... I'm left feeling like I didn't capitalize well on the awesomeness God presented me. I didn't understand as well back then, but I was aware that it was bad and did it anyway. I was addicted to shame, but now I am proud to exist.
finding God put things in order. If it worked for me, it can work for you. But just in case i should die after i post this, see you on the other side man. keep on keepin on.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

I'm going to make a clumsy attempt at expressing what I'm seeing here. Based on your responses, the numbers don't mean anything unless the math teacher is present. Without a math professor handy, numbers are just incoherent scratches on paper. And there is no value without a god present. No value, no reason or rhyme, no pattern and no logic. God is the key to the encryption. Here's my question: how do you know the encryption isn't the key?

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

AfterInfinity

I'm going to make a clumsy attempt at expressing what I'm seeing here. Based on your responses, the numbers don't mean anything unless the math teacher is present. Without a math professor handy, numbers are just incoherent scratches on paper. And there is no value without a god present. No value, no reason or rhyme, no pattern and no logic. God is the key to the encryption. Here's my question: how do you know the encryption isn't the key?

Because it can be no other way; anything less than a perfect God could not create something out of nothing. don't believe me? Try to create something out of nothing, or try then the opposite: to destroy something completely. God = the unchanged changer, the unmoved mover. He can create out of nothing and destroy as well. We as humans cannot even create ideas out of nothing, they all have their roots in experiences of some sort. that being said, I think rationalist philosophy is the way to go if a guy like you wants to experience the truth of the power of God. It's the analytical solution to problems we haven't even found numerically yet... on the validity of numbers - yes, unless you believe in God, how do u know that we aren't being misled by an evil malevolent demon hell bent on deceiving our perceptions, so that we will ultimately be misled to the point of "damnation?"

the point is, even if there are demons (loads to be said on that - by others, not me), I believe to God, what is eternity to some, (damnation to us humans?) is finite to him.

yes I have no tangible proof, besides the subjective experience which I have been through. that's why what I advocate is called faith, and also why it is the most powerful idea. It keeps the demons away because they do not know how to play you I think. If demons try to encrypt your senses and thus your rationality, then God must step in to keep everything balanced on a quantum (probably more complicated, actually) level, or something like that.

Could it not be that we have free will, and that fate and destiny are God's chosen methods of
orchestrating the chaos our freedom creates? maybe infinity doesn't truly exist. maybe as we approach new territory on a graph (or journey such as life), God time travels ahead of us to create just enough (of whatever we think goes on forever) to stay, say, three steps ahead of us. It may look like we can zoom out forever on our program, but God continues to empower us mentally, and that's why we can?

Science does not preclude God, nor vice versa. The funny thing is science and religion are two different languages in which everyone is trying to say the same thing. The point that I'm making is that FAITH is the key to the encryption, whether we are looking at massive amounts of unrelenting data, or for the truth about our spiritual existance. in fact, I argue that one cannot exist without the other in some sense (science and religion) because God made it that way. Thus everyone on the creationist v evolution debate is trying to solve a chicken before the egg or egg before the chicken type paradox... the only way to say where chickens came from is - drumroll please - to try and define a miracle. I choose to believe that miracles are only capable of being produced by God (perfect, eternal, unchanging). The secret is, it seems that a fertilized virgin would be the only way chickens which laid eggs could come about. genetic mutation makes no sense to me, because if a chicken came from some sort of dinosaur (or w.e. pre chicken animal you can dream up), through genetic mutation (another form of miracle, no?), then ANOTHER pre chicken animal would need to have the same genetic mutation in order to be able to have non retarded offspring with the first one... genetic mutation explaining where chickens came from requires back to back miracles, but God creating chickens only takes one. By my reckoning, statistically, God is exponentially more likely than chickens.

The thing which made me change my tune, however, from that of a scientist to that of a faithful scientist, was witnessing a miracle. changed my perspective, allowing the love to flow free (still have bad days, but literally night vs. day comparison to my previous bad days.) Now, I feel philosophically I can proceed with my life and ask questions such as "which came first, the chicken, or the egg?" because I have the faith to find the answers now. Btw I am 22 years old, and have been blessed my whole life, but as logic states, the truth is the truth.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Whatever. There's no point to discussing this with you.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

windword
reply to post by oktopus

we do not use deception, nor do we distort the word of God.

Since there was no "Gospels" or New Testament" at the time this was written, what was the "Word of God" that "we" don't distort?

edit on 16-2-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

this is N.T.... Jesus was not mentioned in the O.T. by that name - rather he was prophetically described as the Messiah.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

AfterInfinity

Whatever. There's no point to discussing this with you.

I remember feeling like you did once. It's okay, if what I'm saying is true, then even if u cannot find faith in God, God will continue to have faith in you. I just hope that if you never agree with me, you still find peace and love through science. I just can't help but feel that you have the chance of a camel fitting through the eye of a needle of doing that, without having faith in God. it's not impossible, but look at what faithlessness has brought us to as a world - those with faith in relagionship to science and God are not the problem nowadays. rather, people who are willing to stay in a paradoxical state of mind are the reasons that evil may flourish - in science, the economy, in regards to teaching methods, politics, ethics, and government. I hope you find happiness either way you choose to go, but it's a binary system we are talking about. to have faith or not to have faith: that is the question. just humor me and have a little - ask and you shall recieve. not what you want to recieve, but what you need to receive.

btw, you are not clumsy in your articulation, and thanks for the time you put in critically thinking about this.
edit on 2/20/2014 by JamesCookieIII because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/20/2014 by JamesCookieIII because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join