It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exposing what lies beneath the bodies of dead bankers and what lies ahead for us

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Truly blaming Clinton for Newt Gingriches baby, Reaganist dreams of deregulation demonstrates a master of embracing ignorance.

www.sechistorical.org...

The Congressional elections of 1994 established, for the time being, the political ascendency of anti-regulatory reformers. Led by U.S. Representative Newt Gingrich (R-GA), and epitomized by the electoral compact referred to as the “Contract with America,” the electorate rebuked President Clinton and the Democratic Party by electing 54 new Republican Representatives and eight new Republican Senators. For the first time in forty years, Republicans held control of both the Senate and House. One fundamental premise of the Contract with America called for limitations on government regulations and laws which Republicans contended hurt economic competitiveness. 37

When U.S. Senator Phil Gramm (R-TX), a proponent of reduced regulation and now chairman of the Senate Committee on Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs, introduced the Gramm-Leach-Bliley bill, the climate for banking reform had shifted. Senator Gramm argued that the bill would overturn “the key provision of the Glass-Steagall Act that divided the American financial system, that created competition that was largely inefficient and costly, unstable and not in the public interest.” 38 Gramm envisioned an openly competitive banking industry freed from the artificial and outdated regulations from a bygone, antiquated era. For Gramm, the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act was a final step on the path of deregulation, leading to a one-stop marketplace for consumers of financial and securities products. Efficiency, competition and market choice became the mantra of industry groups supporting the legislation, such as the American Bankers Association.

Repeal of Glass/Steagall was the Republican agenda before they took over control of the house. Clinton was convinced by his Fed Res advisors to go along with the idea, and that was his mistake, but Gingrich and the Republicans championed the action.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Truly blaming Clinton for Newt Gingriches baby, Reaganist dreams of deregulation demonstrates a master of embracing ignorance.

Really ?

Tell me more about how presidents who sign bills in to law are not 'responsible' for it.

Reagans to blame just not Clinton!

I see how that works.

Yeah some people truly do embrace ignorance.

Clinton signed the repeal of Glass Stegall, but it's someone elses fault.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

That's a bogus argumentative fallacy. Saying they are all in on it, it's all one vast conspiracy by everyone. That would thousands and thousands of people, all "in on it". It's a lazy cop out. Take a few minutes and look at who writes the bills and pushes the agenda favoring the banks and corporations over the people. That's where you direct the blame.

Take OWS. They were not in on it. They were not part of a distraction. That was a real protest. They got spied on, arrested, and destroyed by the banks and the lawmakers in their pockets. K street rules DC.

Take the Tea Party. Taken over by Kochs and used to push their deregulation agenda. They convinced rednecks to go root for the big banks. People living in trailer homes rooting for the people living in mansions. I feel bad for the ones who thought they were protesting for a smaller govt. What they got was more corporate control over it.

Let me say this, it wasn't just the Glass-steagel act repeal that made the big banks like JPMorgan or Goldman Sachs so powerful, it was the Roberts Supreme Court that passed Citizen's United, making corporate entities "persons" in the eyes on the government, free to dump unlimited funds to line the pockets of the corrupt politicians. That's why we keep getting these laws and bills passed favoring only the top 1%.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Republicans wrote the repeal of Glass-steagel.
Republicans wrote Citizens United.
Republicans set the agenda pushing corporations.

You are hellbound to derail this thread.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Macabe

Sorry I have been on topic.

Would it surprise you to learn that the very banks that brought the United States to the brink of financial collapse in 2008

Since it is predicated on a LIE.

The repeal of Glass Stegall cause the financial crisis.

Signed by someone who was not a Republican.

But the financial crisis was all the republicans 'fault'.

As the moderator said there is enough blame to go around.

edit on 16-2-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Repeal of Glass/Steagall was the Republican agenda before they took over control of the house. Clinton was convinced by his Fed Res advisors to go along with the idea, and that was his mistake, but Gingrich and the Republicans championed the action.

Thank you, you said it much better than I could have.

I remember in gory detail what the 95-96 Congress was like. We had TWO years of shutdowns and gridlock, the "Republican Revolution" and Gingrich in all his glory championing the cause of deregulation to give their uber-wealthy corporate benefactors everything they wanted, on a silver platter.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Blackmarketeer
reply to post by poet1b

Thank you, you said it much better than I could have.

I remember in gory detail what the 95-96 Congress was like. We had TWO years of shutdowns and gridlock, the "Republican Revolution" and Gingrich in all his glory championing the cause of deregulation to give their uber-wealthy corporate benefactors everything they wanted, on a silver platter.

I suggest you watch the second video to see who voted for it.

Then try to blame Republicans again,

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Gramm-Leach Act that repealed Glass-Steagel and allowed banks to merge with security and insurance firms (setting up the big financial crisis) was written by the Republicans. Fact. Same ones that spent the Bush years using 9/11 to push a corporate agenda down our throats.

Extending the spy networks to the same WS banks so they can use it for their own agenda seems pretty dubious to me.

The same banks and neo-con think tanks pay agent provocateurs to disrupt any discussion of their tactics. Coincidence this thread is being derailed?

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Macabe
Gramm-Leach Act that repealed Glass-Steagel and allowed banks to merge with security and insurance firms (setting up the big financial crisis) was written by the Republicans. Fact. Same ones that spent the Bush years using 9/11 to push a corporate agenda down our throats.

Extending the spy networks to the same WS banks so they can use it for their own agenda seems pretty dubious to me.

The same banks and neo-con think tanks pay agent provocateurs to disrupt any discussion of their tactics. Coincidence this thread is being derailed?

Why are people intentionally ignoring the guy who signed that in to law ?

WHY ?

They ignored those videos too.

For some odd reason.

So much for intellectual honesty in this thread.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Macabe
reply to post by Bilk22

That's a bogus argumentative fallacy. Saying they are all in on it, it's all one vast conspiracy by everyone. That would thousands and thousands of people, all "in on it". It's a lazy cop out. Take a few minutes and look at who writes the bills and pushes the agenda favoring the banks and corporations over the people. That's where you direct the blame.

Take OWS. They were not in on it. They were not part of a distraction. That was a real protest. They got spied on, arrested, and destroyed by the banks and the lawmakers in their pockets. K street rules DC.

Take the Tea Party. Taken over by Kochs and used to push their deregulation agenda. They convinced rednecks to go root for the big banks. People living in trailer homes rooting for the people living in mansions. I feel bad for the ones who thought they were protesting for a smaller govt. What they got was more corporate control over it.

Let me say this, it wasn't just the Glass-steagel act repeal that made the big banks like JPMorgan or Goldman Sachs so powerful, it was the Roberts Supreme Court that passed Citizen's United, making corporate entities "persons" in the eyes on the government, free to dump unlimited funds to line the pockets of the corrupt politicians. That's why we keep getting these laws and bills passed favoring only the top 1%.
You don't read very well. I didn't say all. You also have no clue. You've obviously haven't begun your liberal Obama hangover, but you will, when you finally have your eyes open and realize you were had. When you finally see he was doing everything you despised about the Cons. Oh you'll make some excuses for a while - well they all do it or some other such idiocy, but then one day you'll wake up with that massive hangover and ask what happened.

Why don't you look at campaign contributions and where there contracts go? You're still emotionally tied to your party so you're blind to the truth. By the way, take a look at who is pushing the bills and the agenda. Right now it's your liberal friends with control of two branches, not that it would actually make a difference by the way. Look at how they passed a bill and flaunted it like some major breakthrough - making insider trading by member of Congress illegal. How's this for doing the right thing? Started in the senate where you're heroes rule. Oh and it was "walked" through by an upstanding Con in the house. Yeah not all, but all who can make things happen.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   

neo96

Macabe

Why are people intentionally ignoring the guy who signed that in to law ?

WHY ?

They ignored those videos too.

For some odd reason.

So much for intellectual honesty in this thread.
Ego, pride and blind to the truth. That's why. I was too. I voted for both Bush's. Now I used fluoride free toothpaste and can see more clearly

I won't be surprised to see someone defend Obama and post that he didn't actually sign those bills. It was an electronic pen that did.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I don't even see the point of this thread other than trash talking the right.

After all the bank bailouts were paid back:

So says CNN.

The TARP bailout fund, which pumped nearly $500 billion into the nation's leading banks, automakers and insurers, is getting closer to the break-even point.

money.cnn.com...

So says the current Potus:

"We got back every dime used to rescue the banks," he told the crowd gathered Oct. 18 in Victory Park. "We made that happen."

www.politifact.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

You don't read very well. I didn't say all. You also have no clue. You've obviously haven't begun your liberal Obama hangover, but you will, when you finally have your eyes open and realize you were had. When you finally see he was doing everything you despised about the Cons. Oh you'll make some excuses for a while - well they all do it or some other such idiocy, but then one day you'll wake up with that massive hangover and ask what happened.

"blah blah, you're all Obama liberals..."

I merely pointed out the fact the act that repealed Glass-stegel was a REPUBLICAN act. you turn that into an accusation about being liberal. congratulations on being well-programmed by your party masters. you're too blinded by your liberal hatred to realize it was the republican party that ushered in this era of banking deregulation.

The Dodd-Frank act is designed to fix the repeal of Glass-steagel. Even that the Republicans are fighting against.

Talk about Obama-derangement syndrome.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Macabe

You ever feel silly when you only get half the facts right? I know I do when I'm in that position.

Wikipedia - Financial Services Modernization Act of 1999

On November 4, the final bill resolving the differences was passed by the Senate 90–8,[15][note 4] and by the House 362–57.[16][note 5] The legislation was signed into law by President Bill Clinton on November 12, 1999.[17]

There were more than 57 democrats in the house and there certainly were more than 8 of them in the senate. Oh yeah the POTUS was a democrat too. :inky:

It's all a ruse. Once you can get past accepting that, well you'll be more depressed.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Macabe
reply to post by Bilk22

"blah blah, you're all Obama liberals..."

I merely pointed out the fact the act that repealed Glass-stegel was a REPUBLICAN act. you turn that into an accusation about being liberal. congratulations on being well-programmed by your party masters. you're too blinded by your liberal hatred to realize it was the republican party that ushered in this era of banking deregulation.

The Dodd-Frank act is designed to fix the repeal of Glass-steagel. Even that the Republicans are fighting against.

Talk about Obama-derangement syndrome.
Read my reply just above this. You have no clue.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
The bank-CIA connection does no surprise me in the slightest. They need the mega-banks to move all that drug money they have made over the years.

But to put in in simple terms:
*Prescott Bush - Banker
*George HW Bush - Director of the CIA...

I'm not blaming a political party, I'm blaming a family with fascist intent.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Did any of you watch the Dimon hearings in Congress on cspan?

The Senate investigation committee into the banking fiasco had JP Morgan's Dimon in for a hearing. Each Senator had 5 minutes to ask questions.

Some democrats asked some questions I thought. But then nothing was ever answered and nobody went back to the questions.

Then some goppers got in there and derailed the whole hearing. The GOP planned it all out, turn the hearing into a farce and attack bank regulations like the Volcker rule, instead of sticking to the actual hearing agenda, which was to grill JP Morgan over their criminal actions.

And there were some aggressive initial questions that were not followed up by senators, who had just five minutes each to complete their questioning. Instead, much of the hearing was spent letting Dimon and some Republican senators rail against Congress' efforts at regulatory reform after the financial crisis. Those reforms include the Volcker Rule, which prohibits banks with federally insured deposits from taking the sort of chances Dimon's own bank took.

from www.huffingtonpost.com...

JP Morgan is connected to the London Whale scandal too, and mysterious banker suicides started there.

JP Morgan is guilty as **** in all this. Republicans need to man up and quit trying to cover up for these pieces of ****. Like the mod said, plenty of blame to go around, but quit trying to rewrite history man.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   

binaryangel
The bank-CIA connection does no surprise me in the slightest. They need the mega-banks to move all that drug money they have made over the years.

But to put in in simple terms:
*Prescott Bush - Banker
*George HW Bush - Director of the CIA...

I'm not blaming a political party, I'm blaming a family with fascist intent.

You're not wrong for bringing that up, P. Bush is also connected directly to JP Morgan, both through Yale's Skull and Bones in Brown Bros., Harriman and through Nazis in Union Banking Corp. GHW Bush would follow daddy's footsteps into the Skull & Bones also with a JP Morgan connection. GW Bush ditto. The Bush connection is deep, very, very deep.

P. Bush was instrumental in bringing in George H. Scherff, Sr. and Otto Skorzeny in under Operation Paperclip, recruiting them to merge Nazi SS intelligence with the OSI to become the basis of the CIA with Bill Donovan and Allan Dulles (the one many think orchestrated the assassination of JFK while the head of the CIA). The Bush patriarch had his hands in it all - Nazis, JP Morgan/banking, secret societies, the OSI/CIA. Any wonder he has a son and grandson as President of the USA, with a third grandson waiting in the wings?

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by oxykerfluffle

You're not wrong for bringing that up, P. Bush is also connected directly to JP Morgan, both through Yale's Skull and Bones in Brown Bros., Harriman and through Nazis in Union Banking Corp. GHW Bush would follow daddy's footsteps into the Skull & Bones also with a JP Morgan connection. GW Bush ditto. The Bush connection is deep, very, very deep.

P. Bush was instrumental in bringing in George H. Scherff, Sr. and Otto Skorzeny in under Operation Paperclip, recruiting them to merge Nazi SS intelligence with the OSI to become the basis of the CIA with Bill Donovan and Allan Dulles (the one many think orchestrated the assassination of JFK while the head of the CIA). The Bush patriarch had his hands in it all - Nazis, JP Morgan/banking, secret societies, the OSI/CIA. Any wonder he has a son and grandson as President of the USA, with a third grandson waiting in the wings?

That's worthy of a new topic post right there.

To be honest when I posted this topic I ranted about the "conservative agenda", which for this decade has been empowering corporations and deregulation, while pandering to a base over "family values". But instead of delivering "family values" to their constituents, they just gutted government regulations designed to protect them.

However, I never considered the Bush connection to the banking sector, which has a sinister aspect to it.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Well keep right on digging...

Book title:
JPMorgan Vice President’s Death in London Shines a Light on the Bank’s Close Ties to the CIA

Excerpts:

The U.S. Justice Department allowed JPMorgan to pay $1.7 billion and sign a deferred prosecution agreement, meaning no one goes to jail at JPMorgan — again. The largest question that no one can or will answer is how the compliance, legal and anti-money laundering personnel at JPMorgan ignored for years hundreds of transfers and billions of dollars in round trip maneuvers between Madoff and the account of Norman Levy. Even one such maneuver should set off an investigation. (Levy is now deceased and the Trustee for Madoff’s victims has settled with his estate.)

Then there was the report done by the U.S. Senate’s Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations of the London Whale episode which left the public in the dark about just what JPMorgan was doing with stock trading in its Chief Investment Office in London, redacting all information in the 300-page report that related to that topic.

One reason that JPMorgan may have such a spooky feel is that it has aligned itself in no small way with real-life spooks, the CIA kind.

--------------

From another book: JPMorgan Vice President’s Death in London Shines a Light on the Bank’s Close Ties to the CIA

If JPMorgan’s CEO, Jamie Dimon, needed a little crisis management help from operatives, he has no shortage of people to call upon. Thomas Higgins was, until a few months ago, a Managing Director and Global Head of Operational Control for JPMorgan. (A BusinessWeek profile shows Higgins still employed at JPMorgan while the New York Post reported that he left late last year.) What is not in question is that Higgins was previously the Senior Officer and Station Chief in the CIA’s National Clandestine Service, a component of which is the National Resources Division. (Higgins’ bio is printed in past brochures of the CIA Officers Memorial Foundation, where Higgins is listed with his JPMorgan job title, former CIA job title, and as a member of the Foundation’s Board of Directors for 2013.)

According to Jeff Stein, writing in Newsweek on November 14, the National Resources Division (NR) is the “biggest little CIA shop you’ve never heard of.” One good reason you’ve never heard of it until now is that the New York Times was asked not to name it in 2001. James Risen writes in a New York Times piece: [the CIA’s] “New York station was behind the false front of another federal organization, which intelligence officials requested that The Times not identify. The station was, among other things, a base of operations to spy on and recruit foreign diplomats stationed at the United Nations, while debriefing selected American business executives and others willing to talk to the C.I.A. after returning from overseas.”

Stein gets much of that out in the open in his piece for Newsweek, citing sources who say that “its intimate relations with top U.S. corporate executives willing to have their companies fronting for the CIA invites trouble at home and abroad.” Stein goes on to say that NR operatives “cultivate their own sources on Wall Street, especially looking for help keeping track of foreign money sloshing around in the global financial system, while recruiting companies to provide cover for CIA operations abroad. And once they’ve seen how the other 1 percent lives, CIA operatives, some say, are tempted to go over to the other side.”

--------------

The ties between JP Morgan and the CIA are extremely deep. So it's no wonder they were permitted to set up a spy shot alongside the CIA and NYPD.

Look at the two scandals involving suspect banker deaths -

JPMorgan and Madoff Were Facilitating Nesting Dolls-Style Frauds Within Frauds

Senate Censors Part of Report on JPMorgan About Its Stock Trading

The CIA surely knew about this, and let it all slide, because they needed JP Morgan, for their own clandestine plots, and they needed to be able to recruit cover corporations with dirty money.

That's why JP Morgan has a spy setup within the NYPD, to keep tabs on it's coverups. You can bet there are more of them out there, spy shops within 3 letter agencies I mean.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join