It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Residents Shaken After Explosion Injures Neighbor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Watching the video reminded me of some of the firefights I've been in.

fox8.com...

They are not speculating yet, but I will. I think that he was a ammo hoarder, and possibly a reloader as well. I've seen something similar happen to a friends storage shed but thankfully no one was hurt, except for his feelings...and shed.

Fire officials said the explosion could be heard for miles. Some residents said it knocked photos off their walls and shook their doors and windows.
Resident Matthew Barton said the explosion shook his house twice. He said it felt like “someone picked up our house and dropped it.”

But it seems he is a overall good guy who just had a run of bad luck.

“Couple of guys pulled him out, and he was kind of delirious and we took him to the hospital. Super nice guy. Actually, he’s a carpenter and he did some work for me. Super nice guy,” said neighbor, Pat Allen.

edit on 16-2-2014 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I watched the video and it looked to me like he had ammo stored and was also a re-loader with a couple of containers of gunpowder. If he had fireworks stored you would have seen at least a few aerial display pieces going off. The small "pops" in the video sounded like small caliber (.45 cal or under or small bore rifle) rounds being set off by the fire. Now the question that remains is; did he have more than a legally allowed amount of explosives for a neighborhood stored on the premises?
edit on 27-2-2014 by happykat39 because: typo

join