It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A theory to why world governments WILL not go green.... To protect us.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Please give this thread a read before saying it should not be in this forum.

I would like to start this thread with two paragraphs to give some foundations.

1) A lot of theories state and people speculate that aliens would come to this planet for our planets resources. Water, Oil, magnetic energy whatever you want to call it. Seeing a planet rich with resources it's race desperately need, may force an alien race to come here and suck our planet dry.

2) We are constantly trying to get our leaders to go green and save the planet and what not. It's hard and a long battle. Some succeed but most fail.

Now let's put 1+2 together.

Let's theorize, that our leaders will keep destroying this planet, and our way of life, to protect us from being invaded and wiped out from an alien race. Do you think this is a plausible reason to why we are failing to save the planet?

THIS IS MY OWN THEORY, so don't start asking for references bla bla bla.

What do you think?

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
We fail because when there is no money to be made we can't do it.

Of course we fail as well in the end when climate changes even more extreme, where oceans get toxic and only a few species remain...
And of course that cost even more money in the end then trying to fight this problem, so it's a double fail.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

brace22

Let's theorize, that our leaders will keep destroying this planet, and our way of life, to protect us from being invaded and wiped out from an alien race. Do you think this is a plausible reason to why we are failing to save the planet?

What do you think?

Interesting....

My theory as to why "green" isn't the operating system in America is because 'green" manufacturing cuts into corporate profits.
It's the corporate oligarchy that calls the shots when dealing with the Government. So it will continue to be "Fast" "dirty" and profitable.
To hell with the environment and welfare of American citizens. We have clean "green" technology available but it's an added expense and the corporations just won't pay for it.
newsone.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by brace22

Let's theorize, that our leaders will keep destroying this planet, and our way of life, to protect us from being invaded and wiped out from an alien race.

I believe a biting dog before I believe a face on the tele telling me the bogeyman is under my bed, or in the airport, or on a foreign soil conspiring to do me in...

Now, a few words from our sponsors.

edit on (2/16/1414 by loveguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Plugin
We fail because when there is no money to be made we can't do it.

Yep, the almighty dollar is green enough for them

link   
Is this like an inverse The arrival movie?

Not much protection if we cant live after the protection is done, dont you think?

link   

olaru12

brace22

What do you think?

Interesting....

My theory as to why "green" isn't the operating system in America is because 'green" manufacturing cuts into corporate profits.
It's the corporate oligarchy that calls the shots when dealing with the Government. So it will continue to be "Fast" "dirty" and profitable.
To hell with the environment and welfare of American citizens. We have clean "green" technology available but it's an added expense and the corporations just won't pay for it.
newsone.com...

Who's going to profit from green technology? Corporations!
The switch has been slow because green tech can't replace the dirty energies yet.
And no, poisoning our planet so nobody else would want it is self defeating.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Greetings,

brace22
Do you think this is a plausible reason to why we are failing to save the planet?

Who are we to save the planet? We [humans] have only been here a short while yet the planet has been here a lot longer. Now, the planet does not need saving from us, heck we can't even save ourselves ffs!

The planet has gone through so much and will continue to do so. Mother nature needs to clense herself now and again.

She will always be here. Now, how about saving humanity. All this money going in to saving the planet yet humans are suffering.

LEAVE THE PLANET ALONE! STOP CONTROLLING NATURE!

Be safe be well

Spiro

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by brace22

Wasn't this theory first put out for the the movie, "Independence Day"?

I believe it was.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by brace22

1) A lot of theories state and people speculate that aliens would come to this planet for our planets resources
Water, Oil, magnetic energy whatever you want to call it. Seeing a planet rich with resources it's race desperately need, may force an alien race to come here and suck our planet dry.

How many resource rich places would they pass to get here to steal our resources , it makes no sense unless they are coming from within our own solar system .

No , I think a more plausible idea is they are in the pocket of big business , no Aliens needed to destroy our planet greed can do it all by it self.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

brace22
Please give this thread a read before saying it should not be in this forum.

I would like to start this thread with two paragraphs to give some foundations.

1) A lot of theories state and people speculate that aliens would come to this planet for our planets resources. Water, Oil, magnetic energy whatever you want to call it. Seeing a planet rich with resources it's race desperately need, may force an alien race to come here and suck our planet dry.

2) We are constantly trying to get our leaders to go green and save the planet and what not. It's hard and a long battle. Some succeed but most fail.

Now let's put 1+2 together.

What do you think?

I think the aliens would just kill of all humans if that was the case, problem solved. There is plenty of ressources out there, they would properly look for something a little closer to them, assuming theyre not from mars or something close to us.

Dont trust people who will not tell you the truth, they dont care about you

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by brace22

The Universe is saturated to abundance with resources all quite more readily available and gravitationally less expensive to get to than anything trapped down here at the bottom of our little gravity prison.

There are entire suns, and planets made of Diamond. Google it.
There's oceans of water just floating out there without planets.
There's asteroids rich with rare resource metals like gold, platinum, uranium, nickel iron.

There is no physical resource that can get got here on Earth that can't get get got much cheaper all sorts of elsewhere.

The only thing "interesting" that Earth has that could be of marketable value worthy of coming here, is us, and all the other life on it, and, any sufficiently advanced civilization interested in having a complete catalogue of all life on our planet wouldn't need scoop up whole population centers and biospheres, but, just take DNA samples of anything and everything of interest and log it all in a library of context in giving adequate description in proper context for each sample.

A complete physically genetic library of the entire planet could fit in a backpack.
If all that information were broken into virtual data, then, the entirety of our planet could be sampled and stored in a virtual library no larger than a postage stamp and physically printed out later should any desire require such.

Want a Tree? Print it out.
Want a Human? Print one out.
Would you like to examine a fish? The printer is there.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
That is an interesting theory. Personally, I think we may be the ultimate form of "reality entertainment" for any beings out there.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

AliceBleachWhite
reply to post by brace22

The Universe is saturated to abundance with resources all quite more readily available and gravitationally less expensive to get to than anything trapped down here at the bottom of our little gravity prison.

There are entire suns, and planets made of Diamond. Google it.
There's oceans of water just floating out there without planets.
There's asteroids rich with rare resource metals like gold, platinum, uranium, nickel iron.

There is no physical resource that can get got here on Earth that can't get get got much cheaper all sorts of elsewhere.

The only thing "interesting" that Earth has that could be of marketable value worthy of coming here, is us, and all the other life on it, and, any sufficiently advanced civilization interested in having a complete catalogue of all life on our planet wouldn't need scoop up whole population centers and biospheres, but, just take DNA samples of anything and everything of interest and log it all in a library of context in giving adequate description in proper context for each sample.

A complete physically genetic library of the entire planet could fit in a backpack.
If all that information were broken into virtual data, then, the entirety of our planet could be sampled and stored in a virtual library no larger than a postage stamp and physically printed out later should any desire require such.

Want a Tree? Print it out.
Want a Human? Print one out.
Would you like to examine a fish? The printer is there.

But they need us to dig out the uranium for them. We can live here, they can't. That is why they want to keep us from destroying ourselves and the world.
edit on 16-2-2014 by EnPassant because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

What about a foothold in a fight with another alien race? There could be always reasons we dont know for things we dont know, you know?

edit on 16-2-2014 by Indigent because: S

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Personaly i think that by the time any race is advanced enough to become interstellar travelers the acquisition of resources wont be something they will need to worry about.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by brace22

I think your theory is flawed where most theories on this topic fall. You aren't taking two things into account.

#1, the timeline of our world runs billions of years with 100's of millions we know with confidence had similar ideal conditions for resources others would love to plunder, if that was their thinking.

#2. Man is destroying this world, not by choice or control for deliberate action but through politics, infighting, a constant "I didn't do it!! He did!!" attitude and that only covers what people are well aware of happening. Wait'll you catch the next focus I'm taking for an Enviro thread in the future. It shows, among other things, if man is doing it by choice, man is psychotic in a way so profound, our species needs to trim itself by any means just as a basic measure of saving itself. No one does what we're doing as a race...by choice or plan. Not unless leaving this planet as a worthless crushed beer can IS the end goal they strive for ..because they're achieving it in terms of human habitation for the long term.
edit on 16-2-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
There are numerous resources in other places. I can find a couple of reasons extraterrestrials don't invade:

1. Humans are intelligent enough to be a problem.
2. Resources needed by humans are not needed by extraterrestrials advanced enough to come to Earth.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

When Europeans arrived in America; did the people already living there imagine that they would want to take it all.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by brace22

The only reasons Aliens would come here is for plants, animals,or us. Every other resource can be found on other planets. No matter how much more advanced they are I doubt they would risk any kind of war when they wouldn't have to

top topics

<<   2 >>

join