It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars/MRO: The Hellas Planitia "Airstrip" Anomaly

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   

ArMaP

MegaSpace
No it's Ellas or Ἑλλάς in Greek because Greece or Greek was given to modern Greeks by the Romans and Hellas isn't same as the word Greece.

Thanks, I forgot that I have seen it written without the "H".

Does "Hellas" mean anything in Greek?

Hellas only means the country Hellenes "re Greek term was introduced" live in, a Hellene is one who worships same gods, practiced same customs & traditions, spoke same languange as the rest of the Hellenic tribes in ancient times.
edit on 21-2-2014 by MegaSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

*unfolding the matrix of continuum funbox entangles backwards into the field and sits up, carefully untwining the piece of pyrite from the fabric, he then redacts 1 billion years of atmospheric erosion/sand attrition from the flux and carefully pinches into shape for application*

hmmmm

funBox

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

funbox

*unfolding the matrix of continuum funbox entangles backwards into the field and sits up, carefully untwining the piece of pyrite from the fabric, he then redacts 1 billion years of atmospheric erosion/sand attrition from the flux and carefully pinches into shape for application*

hmmmm

funBox

Makes about as much sense as most of the claims made of what people think they see in images in these threads!!!!!

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Well, the fact that the top two strips look perfectly in alignment as in a "horizontal-vertical" position makes you think they were built not natural.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

frustrating I guess , when understanding isn't there, I could break it down to you, but I figure you already understand I was referring to a long spell of surface attrition on apparent straight lines, I thought I was being conservative In the mental application of a billion years , I could have comfortably said two given the timeline mars sits on, my apologies, if the way I described my mental positioning of your postulation of agreement to said formations , to the natural creation of straight lines In a geological setting , don't forget that mars is still an active planet , geological changes and shifting sands can distortant pretty much everything
airstrips to glacial scarring in included

iceBox

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

It is possible that mars and earth formed at approximately the same time, with mars being about 1/3rd the size of earth it is likely the crust cooled a lot quicker and for maybe the first two billion years with what we do not know about mars it is speculatively possible that an entire eco system could have evolved if NATIVE life was present, Now I for one tend to go with the strong belief that the evidence for life on mars and in particular intelligent life is more or less obvious, I do not believe the face at sidonea is a natural formation and also I do not believe the near by hill like structures or the river channel with the broken bridge like formation are in any way natural, I tend to believe the thermal image that was leaked was actually showing structure beneath the surface.
These structures however that the poster has uploaded are very interesting like many such structure's, they are not in the same orientation but are relatively close to one another and I tend not to think that the combination of size, regularity of overall form, right angles and box like areas in and around some of them, surrounded terrain difference would for me at least proclude these haveing a glacial origin.
Mars may indeed still be active but it's core is relatively dead and we can not seen any evidence of active techtonics on the planet.

Why would they want to hide the evidence or obscure it?.

Political and Religouse social implication's.
Phareceutical application's of new flora and fauna if the source could be quietly monopolised though this would seem far fetched it probably is not so.
Technology mean's patent's, new weapon's, Population control and power.
University bursery's, seat's on the ruling body and Professional reputations all hinder and totaly block most things that put established Anthropolgical theory or Archeological theory to the Test by revealing impossible Data, e.g, the Star child skull.

He whom writes the history directs the future so if there history could be completely overthrown by such finds they would never want them to see the light of day so long as they could blind the public to the data and it's true implication's.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jeep3r

Compelling images. I honestly don't know what they could be. I cannot think of any natural processes that could cause formations like this, but I am definitely not a geologist.

What I find interesting also are the rounded features that seem to indicate the possibility of running water.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
If it's rock it looks a sign of intelligence. Excluding the little linkage sections between the lines it just looks like a plowed land for a farm. I would expect that even the blowing sands of mars would have removed any shallow lines from the distant past. So it appears it must be multiple rock formations.
We view Mars through earthly perceptions so our inherent bias and lack of knowledge can prohibit us from understanding even the simplest pictures.
Good find it poses some excellent what ifs? Unfortunately until someone gets there we are left with unprovable theorys.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

some interesting thoughts there LABTECH767, the markings seem a little too organised in patterns that are geometric yet irregular, what did the ice sheet do? change motional direction to carve in the rock sideways , its entirely plausible for ice to carve long lines as it creeps over the lands surface, but lateral lines, how very creative of it

but the winds and the sands , they would obscure the visual evidence of an old civilisation even without any possible human photographic manipulation, here on earth we're still finding pyramids, buried deep with the sands, obscured on our own doorstep.

I would say of all the reasons you posted for a cover up of off world intelligent life would be religion, the potential backlash could be unnecessarily nasty, a detriment more than a blissful first contact, mistrust from religious sections of our world would be cast on those first contacts or initial mediators ,i could not see that going well at all, maybe I'm just a cynic

if a deceptive path has been taken by those that know more, then its too late to leave that path now, what a mixup

funBox
edit on 22-2-2014 by funbox because: word changed wolf

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
There's a HiRISE image strip near that location, showing similar banded terrain: hirise-pds.lpl.arizona.edu...

Detail:

It's not very straight lines, but neither are the ones in OP's image.

Mars abounds with weird-looking terrain.
edit on 22-2-2014 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
and why the area have my country name? " Hellas" is the original name of greece.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
If the Martians are using anti-gravity flying saucers to get around, why would then need airstrips? Same thing as Nasca. We're not talking about lumbering aircraft here. We're talking about fancy spaceships that go straight up and down.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   

wildespace

It's not very straight lines, but neither are the ones in OP's image.
Mars abounds with weird-looking terrain.
edit on 22-2-2014 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

Good work, wildespace ... I clearly see the similarities (and some differences as well). This formation is located approximately 100km to the south of the features mentioned in the OP.

Nonetheless, if this is the result of glacial activity, then that would probably be the best explanation we have up to this point. Thanks again to you and everyone else who contributed to this thread ...

edit on 23-2-2014 by jeep3r because: text

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

im sure the martians would have had a linear evolutionary and technological path , maybe the martian conservationist society branded them sites of antiquity, and preserved them for future generations to marvel at

funBox
edit on 23-2-2014 by funbox because: www.wolves.wolf

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Can we assume that there is only one type of alien on Mars? There may be or may have been many types all at different stages of evolution all visiting or living on the same planet. Rather like our third world countries here perhaps?

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Magnetic striping does not look quite like the undersea images shown on Google. These travel for hundreds of miles and turn and twist. Next suggestion please.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jeep3r

The Foundations of Collapsed Rectangular Buildings is the more obvious guess to me . They can be sceen on the Moon to .

i297.photobucket.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by wildespace

My impression was of mining scrapes. If it were ice it should cover the whole area.

Nice find

The Bot

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   

dlbott
reply to post by wildespace

My impression was of mining scrapes. If it were ice it should cover the whole area.

Nice find

The Bot

If there was mining activity, where are the roads, buildings, discarded equipment, excavated rock? I see nothing but pristine natural environment.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join