It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rise of the Crazy Ants

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
There you go, 2 alien species fighting for control over US, yes you heard it right and you saw it here on ATS, these alien invaders are engaged in a war so ancient that one have evolve to resist the poison of the other, i'm talking of course of the crazy ants.

The English had the longbow. The Spanish had steel. Tawny crazy ants have their own formidable weapon—a protective acid sheath—that protects them against fire ant enemies.

The Rise of the Crazy Ants

another link

Crazy ants and fire ants are both native to northern Argentina, Paraguay and southern Brazil, where their territories overlap. The crazy ants likely evolved their detoxifying behavior alongside their venomous neighbors, the researchers said.

In contrast to fire ants, crazy ants don't confine themselves to mounds in the garden. They crawl inside homes and even swarm inside electronic appliances — shorting out phones, air conditioners and other devices.

Crazy ants don't have as painful a sting as fire ants, but they multiply more quickly and don't eat the same ant poison bait, scientists say. Fortunately, the crazy ant invasion moves slowly, advancing only about 600 feet (180 meters) per year, except if transported in potted plants or vehicles.

Other than human activities, geology and climate are the only factors standing in the way of these determined insects, which continue their relentless takeover of the South.

Don't think they are just ants now as they will cause millions in damage and the possible change of the ecosystems, something very small can have a huge impact in your life.

Be careful out there and dont allow the bad aliens to win!!!

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigent

I wonder how one does a psych evaluation on an ant for it to be crazy?

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Chamberf=6

Like the longhorn crazy ant (Paratrechina longicornis), this species is called "crazy ant" because of the ants' quick, erratic movements.

the Rorschach test must be very small and possibly a chemical pattern instead of a picture

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Indigent

Chamberf=6

Like the longhorn crazy ant (Paratrechina longicornis), this species is called "crazy ant" because of the ants' quick, erratic movements.

the Rorschach test must be very small and possibly a chemical pattern instead of a picture

That's a very wise and educational answer. You've imprinted that knowledge about ants on me with your answer.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I just enjoyed how they were casually saying "crazy ants" all the time like it was a normal thing.

Who the heck named them that and why dont they name more things, "oh shoot its a toothy rage filled big cat thing" (aka lion)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Oh well the invasion started in Texas, the rest of the world known them as Anoplolepis gracilipes, perhaps this helps you answer your question

errrr the species invading Texas is Nylanderia fulva, ignore my ignorance please

edit on 16-2-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Indigent
reply to post by Biigs

Oh well the invasion started in Texas, the rest of the world known them as Anoplolepis gracilipes, perhaps this helps you answer your question

Far more respectable

Those crazy ants will enjoy a nice complicated Latin name

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Indigent
reply to post by Biigs

errrr the species invading Texas is Nylanderia fulva, ignore my ignorance please

edit on 16-2-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

I was in Texas in 1997 and observed that the fire ants all built their nest entrance on the same side of the trees. I realized that the animals would know this, and avoid that side of trees or poles. Of course many hills were built on open ground with no trees. Just an observation.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Listen up crazy ants! You may be winning now, but:

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

I love learning the meanings of scientific names for things.

"dog vomit slime mold" aka "fuligo septica" which roughly translates to "sticky stuff on bottom of Bob's shoe".

Scientists have a great sense of humor if you ask me. I can't remember where I learned this bit of trivia, but I'm almost positive it was here on ATS.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   

There you go, 2 alien species fighting for control over US, yes you heard it right and you saw it here on ATS, these alien invaders are engaged in a war so ancient that one have evolve to resist the poison of the other, i'm talking of course of the crazy ants.

And were I was thinking you were talking about Islam!

new topics

top topics

join