It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Informal Survey: Did America land astronauts on the Moon?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

SLAYER69
reply to post by DJW001

A) The American space program unfolded more or less as portrayed in the media and history books, landing a series of manned spacecraft on the Moon in the late 1960s and early 1970s.

If it hadn't the Soviet Union the US's major competitor and adversary at the time, would have exposed it as a hoax and made a great propaganda campaign in their favor.

While I also answer A at this time, please stop trotting out this tired, weak, and patently wrong, piece of propaganda in support of your position. No matter the stripe, totalitarians favor and support each other...

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by UxoriousMagnus

Yes and as this was at the height of the cold war they would have jumped up and down stamping their little Russian feet and yelling fraudsky from the Americans. I remember feeling like we were in some kind of competition with Russia and the race to space. I also remember being scared of nuclear attacks from Russia and those ridiculous bomb raid drills like putting our arms over our heads and curling up in a ball was going to help us survive a nuclear attack. It was a crazy time and I wonder what affect it might have had on me as a whole.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

How can anyone even begin to speculate on how much they've kept from us. They can't. I will say though that humans are a sharing species and someone within the hundreds of people who worked on the space program would have shared this info if it were fake or if there had been evidence of aliens. That cat would have been out of the bag in weeks and the whole world would see us as liars and fakes. They don't though. I really don't believe it was any more than what we were told it was and the whole operation was up and above board. If they had more their pride in their work and the political position of the world at the time would have forced them to reveal it. We wanted to be seen as the top dog and we would have shown the world what we were capable of and we were capable of a lot.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

I was eleven at the time. I watched it on TV as well. Big hullabaloo we had company for breakfast !!!
My mom's sister and her family came over to watch this. It was early. We had a color tv console big big piece of furniture for the day. TV's were a focal point in the family room then a source of pride not like today where we want them thin and hung on the wall or hidden within cabinets while we still want that big screen. The console tv had a 26 " screen which was Hugh and of course color was new though I seem to recall that this was all black and white anyway but still the relatives came to watch it on our big tv. That was also the day I made my first fruit salad. My help to moms breakfast efforts.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

How would a show of hands tell you how old the people were. Unless they are really young and hold up four fingers and say I'm four!

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
A then either B - they ran into aliens or something that made them decide it was not wise to go back, or C they have gone back secretly and never disclosed it publicly.

I would lean towards A then C

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

SLAYER69
reply to post by DJW001

A) The American space program unfolded more or less as portrayed in the media and history books, landing a series of manned spacecraft on the Moon in the late 1960s and early 1970s.

If it hadn't the Soviet Union the US's major competitor and adversary at the time, would have exposed it as a hoax and made a great propaganda campaign in their favor.

This. I would answer "A" as well - and if anyone is arguing that the Soviets of the time would have gone along with a faked American moon landing, well then you clearly weren't alive at the time. The Soviets - especially the Soviet leadership - would have absolutely jumped at the chance to humiliate the Americans by proving fakery. And they watched the whole process very thoroughly.
Also - from that link that Pauligirl posted on page 2 - as Apollo 16 astronaut Charlie Duke said, " We have been to the Moon nine times. Why would we fake it nine times, if we faked it?" Great point. It would have been difficult to convincingly fake it once, but 9 times?! Why would America attempt that? Surely we would have been found out after 9 faked moon landings!

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
A ... nuff said

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by tallcool1

It was six moon landings, and was it two on purpose swing arounds (for some reason I thought it was one) and Apollo 13's adventure. So only six of the nine trips to the moon landed. The rest of your post is spot on. The Russians would have been all over the lie, and why risk it nine times? I would think people living and watching the space race would know exactly why the "all faked" theories have holes so wide you can drive a Rover through them. Man has been to the moon, and those who know that for sure are mighty proud that people did that. What an amazing and quick thing (Wright Brothers used a plane for the first time only 65 years previously).

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Vote no.1 : A. They landed on the moon multiple times.

Vote no.2 : B. They may have encountered 'bogeys' either on the moon or on their way to and from there.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Aleister
reply to post by tallcool1

It was six moon landings, and was it two on purpose swing arounds (for some reason I thought it was one) and Apollo 13's adventure. So only six of the nine trips to the moon landed. The rest of your post is spot on.

Oops - of course you are correct. My bad. Thanks for the correction!

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
A)

There was a bit of C going on with the MOL program, which NASA hoped would allow them to co-opt funding that eventually went to unmanned spy satellites instead. They tried that angle again with the shuttle program, hoping to give their launcher (the space shuttle) a monopoly on spy satellite launches. Again this failed, and left NASA with a vehicle designed with larger wings than were actually necessary; the shuttle was designed to provide enough cross-range to perform the abort-once-around mode on polar launches from Vandenberg, which was never used. Polar (and sun-synchronous) orbits are of course very important to some types of reconnaissance satellites. The plan was scrapped after Challenger, but not before billions were spent trying to build the infrastructure for it. In the end, the "C" part fell apart.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Thank you all for your participation, and for avoiding unnecessary debate. I will leave this poll open for a while longer, then tally up the results. A histogram so far shows the first three alternatives outweighing the third.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
E. i belive that america faked the landing footage to beat the soviets, needing to be the first one to land on and claim the moon would be a big win for the simple fact the winning country would have aquired a mass amount of free land and worldwide plublicty in history, but theres been alot of speculation about stanley kubrick and his involvement with the filming of the landing, its definatly worth reading about if you arnt famailer with this story, their is to much evidence of radiation in space that spacecraft made in the 60's would not be able to protect humans from, not to mention no other countries have ever been able to sucessfully attempt or suceed

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by zeroflash

I recommend you read about the Apollo program.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

*Commentary on Acceptance.

It will always be 2 theories basically on this controversy. Those who witnessed these events "live'' and didnt realize because the then current tech didnt really indicate such a thing COULD have been faked as we watched...and those who now read about them in books and see things on YouTube, and doubt it could have even really happened. And that is the sad part. Everything now-a-days that happens...never happened.

911 was CGI, Sandyhook didnt happen either, the NSA thing is all untrue and events like Hurricane Katrina was faked as well. Didnt you see that New Orleans sport stadium in all the films? It was a huge set with actors. Fake. All fake. Hence, according to many, most events like these along with the moon events...were all fake, never happened, and were massive plots to fool the public.

A very religious friend told me he's awaiting the glorius Second Coming when the sky opens up with trumpets sounding and the Lord with all his angels coming down from the sky to save mankind. I asked him what he'd do when that happened? "Oh! Nothing! I wouldnt believe its real. It wont BE the Lord. It'll have been filmed and CGI used. It will be demons-the fallen angels. Like those demon UFO-Aliens!"

I was dumfounded that one could wait for and pray for an event like this, watch it happen...then deny it happened just because it could have been faked and perhaps not real...so it must not have been real. We as a species now deny everything, sitting in front of computers between playing video games saying "Nah! That didnt happen. They faked all that stuff. Look at the wires..."!.

True or not...happened or didnt...we are becoming a species of people who shout "Pictures or it didnt happen!"...and then say those pictures were faked! Im not even going to try to convince anyone...nor am I going to deny everything that ever happens like the moon landing you and I watched as kids....

Thanks....MS

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by zeroflash

What were you doing, reading, watching, studying in 1969?

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I further think this survey's results will be flawed due to a lack of 1st hand personal experience, and will be based on theory and conjecture without any involvement or participation at the time of these events in question.
Then perhaps, that is all that expected in the results. Conjecture.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
- E - Operation Paperclip

Nasa due to it's German scientist understood WHY they were
going to the moon and the first mission was faked BEFORE it left.

It was a game of who got there first between U.S. and Soviets
for 'winner take all'.

Braun understood the VRIL directive, we went, gained the technology
left by a pre-deluge previous earth race.
Technology abounded after the first mission.

I would explain this indepth, but the OP asked for a short reply.

Be well all

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Simply state your opinion:
A,B, B, C, D or other.
edit on 16-2-2014 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join