It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there an agenda regarding homosexuality?

page: 1Id1750
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Why am I starting this thread? For those of you familiar with the gaming website IGN, you may have read an article late yesterday titled "Ellen Page Comes Out as a Gay Woman". Now, I didn't have a problem with that but I did make a comment consisting of the following general points:

- Why is it news?
- Why are we constantly being told what to believe in regards to homosexuality?
- That evolution and reproduction doesn't favour homosexuality in most species anyway, including Humans. (It's science)
- In that case, it can be seen as unnatural and maybe even an abnormality.
- In the general sense, homosexuality can be seen as an evolutionary disadvantage.
- I'll shield my children from such behaviour at a young age, but they're free to believe what they want when they're older.
- That I don't have a problem if they show affection for one another in public, but I have the right to disagree with it considering we all live in a supposedly free society.

The comment was deleted. And not just mine but as I sat there, dozens of comments were being deleted every few minutes. Anyone that even remotely implied in a comment that they don't agree with homosexual behaviour had the comment deleted. In essence, all the remaining comments summed up one picture - The majority of people think homosexual is fine. In other words, the comments section was edited to slant the opinion to one side of the argument.

The Mod eventually replied to me when I made a new comment blasting him for deleting all those comments. He claimed that I was spewing hate. I didn't realize that stating an opinion that doesn't conform to his world view is regarded as "hate" these days when, last I checked, I stated an opinion coupled with some facts. "Hate", I'd imagine, would consist of me making offensive comments like: "I wish all homosexuals were dead", "homosexuality is bad and they'll all go to hell!" or "they should all be wiped out". I don't believe in any of that because I believe in an individuals right to exist, regardless of religion, race, sexual orientation or anything else. It was at this point that I stated to the Mod that our fathers and grandfathers didn't fight for freedom so that people like him could stifle our right to freedom of expression and freedom of speech. I've noticed this sort of behaviour across all major sites so I'm starting to think that there is some sort of conspiracy.

So do you guys think that there is an agenda to force homosexuality down our throats and see it as normal? Why do so many of us, in the deep recesses of our soul, see it as wrong though if it's supposed to be normal?

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Yes... yes, there IS an agenda... and lemme tell ya...

It is FAB-U-LOUS!!!

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   
It's some type of conditioning/brainwashing. You're not supposed to disagree with homosexuality. You're a hate-filled bigot if you do.
The agenda is to enforce Straight Guilt.
Straight isn't normal, don't cha know? You should be ashamed of yourself for not being gay. What's wrong with you? Just the fact that you're straight means you support discrimination against gays!
The creed being, "Inside every straight person is a gay person trying get out."
edit on 2/16/2014 by ItCameFromOuterSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   
the agenda i see is divided we fall

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Too many nosy people with nothing of interest in their own lives need to revel in the controversy of others.

If it doesnt hurt anyone that don't know any better (the young and innocent) who cares what anyone does with anyone else in their own space and time?

I could enjoy slicing up small bits of vegetables and balancing them on myself while listening to looped tracks of abba and guess what thats my own business.

People should let people be. The entire fascination of celebrity is mind boggling, and is just made more "juicy" by "big" news like some random woman likes other women, big whoop?

edit on 16-2-2014 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by EloquentThinker

You should rethink your username, maybe ignorant thinker would be more apt.
You'll shield your children? From what, celebrity gossip and news?
This is as much news as when two celebs start dating or get married.
It's just celeb gossip really.

I think your thread should be in the rant section, or ignorant mutterings section, if we had that

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I am unsure if this thread has been posted in the correct forum. I am thinking it is more a political issue, due to the premises of the OP.

Is there an agenda? Well, of course there is.

Many of the liberal progressives who were coming to the defense of Bill Clinton in the scandals surrounding his sexual dalliances (many occurring IN THE WORKPLACE) were basing their arguments on grounds that issues regarding sexuality and sexual behavior were a person's PRIVATE AFFAIR and were separate...in fact, it brought the word COMPARTMENTALIZATION to the forefront...

Now, the same liberal progressives are PUSHING the idea that sexuality/sexual behavior SHOULD be a thing to be discussed, relative to the workplace...

NEVER MIND, a government entity, in the form of the EEOC, has ALREADY DECLARED that discrimination and/or behaviors/verbalizations relative to gender/sexuality/sexual behaviors are VERBOTEN in the workplace.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

balancing veggies while listening to abba?!!
lol
Can't wait for that to be on the corriculum in grade 5 sex ed
teen pregnancies should drop like a rock

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Being against equal rights for all people to pursue symbiotic love is the same dualistic hate that was spewed in racism. The people who are heterosexual should continue to be heterosexual and let anyone who wants to be different allow them to be different. Since the soul is genderless in a way all love between two souls is with a similar being. The body is just a container for the conscious soul.

Do not poison the holy water.

When I was at church they taught me something else. If you preach hate at the service those words aren't anointed. That holy water that you soak in has been poisoned

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
As much as people want to throw it in your face, it's all about coming to your own terms with it. The GOV just wants you to get to the logical point (everyone is a human that has choice) much faster than taboo would allow. Thus, I would say the agenda has been at work for quite some time. The agenda wants to create a chasm. As a previous poster mentioned, the division is a common tactic to usurp possible rebellion, so that should be assumed with the state of the union (and the world). Everything that keeps us apart makes them stronger, because we can EASILY forget that we are all humans experiencing the common path....which is LIFE. imho

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
when you disagree with homosexual marriage, you're labeled a homophobe, when in fact
it's they who are 'heterophobic' ..

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by acacko

When you buy into labels, you buy into what they want, yes? Stop that, and we can start to move ahead into bigger matters, which TPTB obviously don't want. United, we are ONE. Never forget that.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
1. If you didn't think it was newsworthy, why did you even bother to post a (rather long) comment?

2. Their website, their rules. You don't like it - start your own website where everyone bashes homosexuals as "abnormal". People like you will feel right at home there.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Your argument was flawed, but I will agree that you have the right to freedom of expression, and their posting the thread in public gave you full license to exercise that right. Given the inflammatory nature of the topic, I think it is understandable that they reacted so zealously, but I also think that what they did qualifies as censorship, which I don't approve of.

Thank you for at least respecting their right to live. Disagreement is one thing, persecution is another.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   

ItCameFromOuterSpace
You're not supposed to disagree with homosexuality.

Why would you disagree with something that has no impact on you?

I disagree with green buttons. Because it's in this book I read that tells me what to think.

Yeah thats smart stuff...

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Is there an agenda regarding homosexuality?

Equal rights for everyone no matter religion, race, or sexual orientation?

I bet a lot of guys that are "against" homosexuality have or have had an interest in some "girl on girl action".

edit on 2/16/2014 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Problem is not homosexuality, the problem is flamboyant attitude towards those who disagree. Everyone has a right to their own opinions.
We might think possible conspiracy why media tries to shut peoples opinions when they disagree, first this happens only in western world. We have overpopulated earth so why we courage people to "try" and don´t get me wrong same sex relationships in western world but don´t care how overpopulated the third world is.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

I can see where your coming from & i'm not a fan of DICK myself
but TBH i just don't see it (Homosexuality) as wrong per-se, it's just not what floats my boat. I've met a lot of gays due to the line of work i used to be in & have never ever had any kind of problem with any of them & except for a very few damaged individuals it was obvious that it was never a choice for them (or me) re; their sexuality. I suspect that your comment/s were removed by someone a touch over-sensitive possibly due to the fact that being gay still carries a stigma & that there are still a lot of people that have no trouble at all spouting hate, usually at something they're scared of or don't (for whatever reason) understand. Given that it's not a choice i didn't go out of my way to shield my kids, anymore than i would have done for heterosexual relationships that were not age appropriate, it's not as if you "Turn" Gay. I think you maybe onto something with the agenda thing though, it could be an agenda to stop folks being frightened & to try to get some peoples minds off of what they do in their own bedrooms. It sounds as if you are pretty reasonable & i think it was wrong for your comment/s to have been removed because they did only seem to be expressing an opinion & not inciting any animosity. Free expression is too important to be silenced & even if it had of been hateful i still think the comments should remain, if for no other reason than to show to others the reality of what Homosexuals still have to put up with & to counter the argument that anyone who freely chose to put up with the bigotry that does exist has a lot more real problems than simply finding someone of the same sex attractive.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by sn0rch

Why would you disagree with something that has no impact on you?

That is a very short sighted argument, to the point that it in general it makes no sense. For example I disagree with death penalty (since I'm European and we have abolished it) but I reserve the right to object to anyone that promotes it internally or actually implements it elsewere (and the practice will certainly have no impact in me since I do not see myself doing any action that would normally be sanctioned in that form on the places that still do it, or even visiting such locations, like Saudi-Arabia).

Now as for the existence of a plot to force (not promote) acceptance, that is undeniable, there is an excess of visibility and gayness in the media that does not match at least what I perceive as the social norm to a point that it becomes aggressive to those that dislike being explicitly cornered into observing and tolerate something that can be even repugnant (even if it can be mostly rationalized away, the excessive visibility makes the effort extremely taxing). In my view it is even working against the concept of passive tolerance as it creates a sense of oppression as it becomes inescapable.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I'm heterosexual, and happily married. I used to have an Adam and eve not Adam and Steve view. When you really consider the pain and suffering most gays go through, it makes it impossible to have that religious type of a view. Compassion and equality is the only way that works. Some of the previous comments about racism being a past similar situation are a perfect example. It was once normal for white people in North America to "not want colored people intermingling with white people." That oprssive type of thinking is no different than negative views on homosexuality. The problem lies in the bible and the brainwashing it causes. I know cuz I've been there, but from birth, if two children grew up side by side with no outside influences, and one of them was gay, I'd be willing to bet any money that the other one would have no negative views on the others sexual preference. We are influenced only by others negative views and our own weaknesses.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join