It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My life in 3 boxes (possibly the last post for awhile)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   
To my friends, close members & ATS Mods /Staff,

I've been reluctant to post this, but, it's become a 'splinter' in my mind to share it; and I do try not to throw every I do or feel on the boards out of respect to the site, members and obviously for personal reasons.
It's humbling to share this, but, perhaps that's the lesson I need to be reminded of, to be humble and be human; life is SO fragile.

I'm posting this to those above to let you know, how much I've appreciated the years I've spent on ATS, dispite my bad attitude at times. Thanks for making this site, it's been my home for quite some time.

Onward~
Back in Oct 2013, on Halloween of all days, I injured my legs at work, filed the necessary paperwork for Workmans Compensation, (i'll be referring this as WC from here on) went to the WC doctor, talked with her about what had happed and she put me on light duty. No light duty was available at work, so back home I went...and waited.

2 weeks pass, unable to get a hold of anyone from the adjusters office(insurance company), and no paycheck, zero. 6 weeks pass, no paycheck and still no claim # so that I can get the treatment I need. So far, as of right now, I'm sitting over 90 days with no WC payment at all and no claim#, period; to which some professionals have told me that I should have gotten paid within at least the first month.

They denied my claim last week, still no payment was made, despite having a lawyer; the rent hasn't been paid and my wife only works a very small sewing business out of the house; so it can't cover everything.

The landlord is a good landlord and if not the kindest and best I've had in 30 years, however, he has to pay the mortgage; so, he filed to get an 3 day eviction notice. I don't and can't blame him.

We go to court on Tuesday 18th of this month and I have whittled down everything precious to me in 3 boxes, funny how we can't live without the little things in our lives; they really do mean a lot to us, if we take the time to look at them once in a while and not take them for granted.

Should Tuesday come, and I'm sure it will...and if the judge orders it, it will be a very long time before I'll be able to post on the forums; at this point, we've scoured every community resource we could find for rental assistance and were approved for 13 programs, but the financial and sheltering resources have dried up.

Until then, I'll be on here peeking my head in between packing and whatnot. Love & Peace always..

~komodo

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   
What country do you live in?

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Sorry to hear things rough at present for you .. hang in there things will get better ... take the time to get things sorted there and we will still be here debating over the next doomsday .. and everything else under the sun
edit on 16/2/14 by Expat888 because: drunken tengu causing chaos ..

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   
My heart goes out to you Kimodo.....
My own grown up son is suffering a similar situation as well.....
The wounded vetrans who return to the bosom of their country will shattered bodies and lives get the same short shrift as well.....
I cannot understand how the majority of the people cannot seem to grasp that the social contracts we have with our governments have been broken......
There is NO support network, no safety net, no compassion, and no patience for those who weaken whatever the reason......
The system itself only still functions by abrogating the rights and the promises it gives to keep the people quiet and docilely working .
The services are being cut back, removed entirely, or foisted back onto the people themselves, in order to finance the excesses of those
who wield the power....the wars, the massive spying networks and such are all symptoms of egregious manipulation and exploitation to keep those in power who are the culprits in this giant Ponzi scheme.....

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

I dont know what to say.

I doubt theres anything I could suggest that you havent already thought of.

I hope you both stay strong and support each other as opposed to letting this become a source of friction.

And for those who judge the homeless, dont. Life is incredibly unpredictable.

Theres a lot of good people who have been victims to bad luck. Never know when we might be in a similar situation.

You'll be back and we'll be waiting for you.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Hey Komodo,

I feel you pain and frustration. Worker's Comp is a farce. Get ready for long, long bumpy ride. It took 3 years for me to see a penny from my employer.

My advice to you, right now, apply for state disability insurance.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Iam so sorry to hear this

Remember to stay strong and positive
This is the worst part, the uncertainty about your situation, it will get easier

Iam sorry i cant do more to help you, but i wish you and your wife all the best
edit on 16 2 2014 by NoFearsEqualsFreeMan because: spelling

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

I'm sorry to read of your plight Komodo , my heart goes out to you and your wife and although there is nothing I can do I do wish you luck and hope you can find a way to resolve your problem.

The way things are at the moment really angers me , it's always us the victims of the so called financial crisis that get kicked in the balls while those responsible get away scot free , you are not alone there are many in a similar situation through no fault of their own, keep your chin up.

Best wishes
g

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Sad to hear this ..I too am in court in the morning with the bedroom tax. I got a feeling they are not gonna give a dam about my situation and ask me to leave. BUT hey I don't and never will let the # get to me. At the moment life's a bitch but still have a smile on me face.

Hope things work out for you and keep ya head up

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I am so very sorry to hear this. You can get online at a library for free. At least you can still visit us that way and let us know how you're doing. I do hope things turn around for you. HUGS!!!!

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Nobody should be treated this way, especially when they're sick and injured.
I really hope you get this sorted out and your lawyer is able to speed it up for you.
I can't even imagine how difficult it's been or how much extra stress it's put on you when you are already vulnerable.
Keep your spirits up and keep fighting.
edit on 16-2-2014 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
God I hate the world, Good luck man, I hope you and your wife will be alright in the short term, and am positive that things will work out for you guys in the long term.

I just hope your short term problems are short lived.

Please keep your head up man, life can only get you down if you stop getting back up.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Life really knows how to kick you in the nuts sometimes Komodo.

I've read many of your posts and you certainly don't come across as stupid, I have a feeling you will get through this glitch for that's what it is a glitch, a major glitch but a glitch nonetheless.

Many of us here on ATS have been through turmoil, be it financial, emotional or other. We argue like children sometimes, but the one thing we all know is that the good members here will ALWAYS rally around and support us in our hour of need.

I'm gutted for plight, but rest assured we will all be here for you, and look forward to your return, you can generally get free access to the interwebbythingy at local libraries.

Let us know how it all goes for you. and the best of luck for the 18th, You,ll be in my thoughts.

Be strong my friend and love your wife.

Cody

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   
i hope that you park outside of your work with a big sign to embarass your boss into doing something

you did all you could they let you down best of luck

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Komodo,all I can offer is this...no matter what is going on,keep your spirits up. Like others have said,go to the library and log in for support from us here. God knows without this site there are a few of us would not have made it through some very difficult life situations. Secondly,although it may be hard to see now,life is giving you the opportunity to do something new,perhaps something better. Only you can know what that may be. Stay strong.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

I feel for you OP, your situation upsets and infuriates me.

Many employers claim to support their work force, but when that support is needed the most the employers are nowhere to be found, usually because loopholes help them escape from any form of compensation.

I hope there is some form of legal avenue you can take that doesn't break your wallet, I would hate to see your compensation get eaten away by legal fees.

As for your employers, I hope Karma gets the best of them and they fork out. I knew a co worker who was shafted by the boss after his knee ligaments were nearly torn to shreds, which was the bosses fault to start with. He didn't see a cent (funny how it works like that) but after the news of his poor treatment spread not even the bosses brothers wanted to work for him and lead to a mass exodus, and now nobody wants to work for him.

Hopefully this is goodbye for now and not forever, nobody wants to see a fellow member go off the radar. May the force be with you and I hope things turn out for the best.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I was in the same boat back in the late 90's. I lost everything, just got married, and had a baby on the way. Workers Comp is designed to frustrate you and make you crazy and stressed. It took me almost 2 years to get paid and I had a terrible injury at work, AND I had surgery to boot and they still done it to me!! I even went and met with the case workers to try and get her to see my situation but it fell on deaf ears. It is a cruel thing to have to endure, but it does get better up the way. You just have to remain strong-minded and roll with the punches, and it helps if you have family or friends to lean on a little. We're doing pretty good now, although it could be a lot better, but I'm happy any day that I wake up and get to spend time with my loved ones and enjoy the simple things in life. Just hang in there!

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Wow, that is heart breaking and terrifying in the same breath. I hope the best for you both. I don't think the people in position of responsibility understand the magnitude of their decisions.
I sure hope things turn around QUICKLY for you guys...

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

AthlonSavage
What country do you live in?

USA

Oregon to be specific

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

stirling
My heart goes out to you Komodo.....
My own grown up son is suffering a similar situation as well.....
The wounded vetrans who return to the bosom of their country will shattered bodies and lives get the same short shrift as well.....
I cannot understand how the majority of the people cannot seem to grasp that the social contracts we have with our governments have been broken......
There is NO support network, no safety net, no compassion, and no patience for those who weaken whatever the reason......
The system itself only still functions by abrogating the rights and the promises it gives to keep the people quiet and docilely working .
The services are being cut back, removed entirely, or foisted back onto the people themselves, in order to finance the excesses of those
who wield the power....the wars, the massive spying networks and such are all symptoms of egregious manipulation and exploitation to keep those in power who are the culprits in this giant Ponzi scheme.....

Thank you for the kind words and thoughtfulness
My goes out to your son as well..

one day...those in office will find the tables will be turned.. those who are first shall be last ..
edit on 16-2-2014 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join