It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buddhism in the Bible.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Logarock

Akragon
reply to post by Logarock

And if you can forgive Paul for his transgressions including taking part in the murder of Steven...

Why doesn't Buddha deserve the same for his previous life?

Well you tell me considering that you came right in this thread wanting to knock Paul down a few pegs before any meaningful discussion on the rest could be had.

But to answer your question if Jesus had run into Buddha it still would have been God talking to a man and not as equals in some quest for truth.

Maybe you should look at the first page again before you point your finger at me...

Clearly this discussion is at a dead end... Like every other discussion I have with you...

At least you stuck this one out though instead of turning tail and running...

*Sigh*

Personally I don't have any need to forgive Paul, his work has no bearing on my beliefs what so ever... So hes done me no harm...

those that follow his writing on the other hand may at some point in the future question why they believed in his words...

I do not have that issue

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   

LittleByLittle

randyvs
reply to post by oktopus

There is no Buddha in the Bible because Buddha denied divinity to his followers.

Jesus said, " Before Abraham was born, I am ".

Siddhārtha Gautama Shakyamuni being modest I think.
. Being divine or not is based on you perception of what you are. What if for Siddhārtha Gautama Shakyamuni what other calls divine is normal and not a big deal that other make it out to be? (A)

Siddhārtha Gautama Shakyamuni trying not to see that he is on a higher level trying to push his level down to create oneness/understanding.
Jesus knowing he is on a higher level trying to raise everyone up to his level to create oneness/understanding.

In this case Jesus was not interested in wearing a mask of ordinary and said it as it was.

(A) Yes, we need to define everything as how it is. Therefore we meditate I guess.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Akragon,

I am a little agitated by you though.

I advise to pray for all of humanity to become happy, affectionate and strong. Such prayer changes anyones heart (I wish though). It did change mine. So I called upon "Jesus", called Him LORD, and asked for everybody I knew to make them happy, affectionate and strong. Then I asked so for everyone of my village, for all of my country, and for all the people in the world.

Not only do they benefit from this, but we ourselves gain strenght from it too.

This prayer makes people more compassionate in heart and hate and grudges dissolve. To me it was a relief.

I am sorry if my agitation from what you did in this thread is ungrounded.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Paul might have been too wise for you to understand.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by oktopus

Akragon,

I am a little agitated by you though.

Perhaps that is a good thing?

I advise to pray for all of humanity to become happy, affectionate and strong. Such prayer changes anyones heart (I wish though). It did change mine. So I called upon "Jesus", called Him LORD, and asked for everybody I knew to make them happy, affectionate and strong. Then I asked so for everyone of my village, for all of my country, and for all the people in the world.

Not only do they benefit from this, but we ourselves gain strenght from it too.

This prayer makes people more compassionate in heart and hate and grudges dissolve. To me it was a relief.

wasn't this your thread?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Haha! Don't try to, you're already doing that,.. so it seems! Risen above yourself all you do is good what makes you contribute to the biggest war in the world. You're so right at being wrong. Hey, I'm not accusing you for that! You didn't choose to be so..

There he is! The deceiver, "don't call for LORD Jesus"
"You would definetly go the wrong way"
"He will do you wrong"

What? To Hell !!

I am sorry if my agitation from what you did in this thread is ungrounded.

maybe I just prefer the original message... ye know, the one from the son of God?

and you're welcome to your opinions in any case...

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   

oktopus

I Always figured buddhism has affinities with religion. I Always figured a religious person is somehow what you call a buddhist.

Here is a quote out of the Bible which I find to be similar to what buddhists are taught.

James 1

13 "Happy is the man that keeps on enduring trial, because on becoming approved he will receive the crown of life, which Jehovah promised to those who continue loving him. 13 When under trial, let no one say: “I am being tried by God.” For with evil things God cannot be tried nor does he himself try anyone. 14 But each one is tried by being drawn out and enticed by his own desire. 15 Then the desire, when it has become fertile, gives birth to sin; in turn, sin, when it has been accomplished, brings forth death.'

Do you see what I mean, and you find this post to be of any value?
Certain teachings are found across many religions. Just because something similar to religion X also shows up in religion Y, that does not mean religion Y is actually teaching religion X.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Christianity looks like a mish-mash of Judaism and Buddhism.
Jesus teachings have a lot of similarities to Buddha ... and Buddha predated Christ.
SOME people say that Jesus was influenced by Buddhism.
I'm not sold on that ..... but I can see their point.

Buddha/Christ Teaching Comparison

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   

oktopus

LittleByLittle

randyvs
reply to post by oktopus

There is no Buddha in the Bible because Buddha denied divinity to his followers.

Jesus said, " Before Abraham was born, I am ".

Siddhārtha Gautama Shakyamuni being modest I think.
. Being divine or not is based on you perception of what you are. What if for Siddhārtha Gautama Shakyamuni what other calls divine is normal and not a big deal that other make it out to be? (A)

Siddhārtha Gautama Shakyamuni trying not to see that he is on a higher level trying to push his level down to create oneness/understanding.
Jesus knowing he is on a higher level trying to raise everyone up to his level to create oneness/understanding.

In this case Jesus was not interested in wearing a mask of ordinary and said it as it was.

(A) Yes, we need to define everything as how it is. Therefore we meditate I guess.

The problem with saying we meditate is that is is also an unspecific tool that is in the eye of the beholder that can mean very many things. Some define it as being in the moment. If you define it as a spiritual practice then meditation can for instance be singing hymns of your choice/Reiki flow or other equivalent manifesting tool/listening to binaural beats/feeling happiness for the system of spiritual progress that have been created.

In a way spiritual practice are in a state of being very undefined since people have not even created words of meaning separating the different experiences that a being can have. Just look at my need "before in this thread" to define En-Light-Ment before I use it so it is the definition I aim at. Is there any wonder that people have a hard time to understand Buddha and Jesus when the tools (words) are ambiguous. I do understand that sometimes people are using fractal reasoning where the words are supposed to mean different things in different levels of understanding but the ambiguity is annoying since it makes people misunderstand each other have the ego/mind project the meaning we want the words to mean.
edit on 17-2-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   

oktopus
reply to post by Akragon

We could hope so. But I have learned to trust my instincts and every time I read Paul, I get the feeling of a salesman trying to sell me something similar than what I want with over exaggerated words. To me Jesus, Buddha and Rumi points to one specific location that I logically also agree would be most beneficial to all beings who are. Paul words (or the words said to be Pauls) point me somewhere else from my point of view (if that is intentional or a limitation in Paul:s teaching I do not know). To me Paul is too ambiguous to matter and take seriously. Why care about what Paul thinks (or what the bible tells us Paul thinks) when you can listen to Jesus direct preaching?

Trusting that Jesus teachings would survive pure when ego corrupted politician:s want to create a religion of Jesus spiritual truths is from my point of view unwise. I do not believe in most politician today so why should I believe they where truth full in Roman times.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   

sk0rpi0n

oktopus

I Always figured buddhism has affinities with religion. I Always figured a religious person is somehow what you call a buddhist.

Here is a quote out of the Bible which I find to be similar to what buddhists are taught.

James 1

13 "Happy is the man that keeps on enduring trial, because on becoming approved he will receive the crown of life, which Jehovah promised to those who continue loving him. 13 When under trial, let no one say: “I am being tried by God.” For with evil things God cannot be tried nor does he himself try anyone. 14 But each one is tried by being drawn out and enticed by his own desire. 15 Then the desire, when it has become fertile, gives birth to sin; in turn, sin, when it has been accomplished, brings forth death.'

Do you see what I mean, and you find this post to be of any value?
Certain teachings are found across many religions. Just because something similar to religion X also shows up in religion Y, that does not mean religion Y is actually teaching religion X.

True. But it might also mean that the core that shows up everywhere is the spiritual truth and the things surrounding things in religions, is just cultural preference added by priests/politicians/lawmakers/people of powers.
edit on 17-2-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   

LittleByLittle

oktopus
reply to post by Akragon

We could hope so. But I have learned to trust my instincts and every time I read Paul, I get the feeling of a salesman trying to sell me something similar than what I want with over exaggerated words. To me Jesus, Buddha and Rumi points to one specific location that I logically also agree would be most beneficial to all beings who are.

Ok what is that specific location?

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   

LittleByLittle

oktopus
reply to post by Akragon

Trusting that Jesus teachings would survive pure when ego corrupted politician:s want to create a religion of Jesus spiritual truths is from my point of view unwise. I do not believe in most politician today so why should I believe they where truth full in Roman times.

Well why would the word have been suppressed then? Why did many that made it available to the wider population burn at the stake or were otherwise tormented? You should familiarize yourself with the great battle and cost of lives and fortunes it required to get the teachings of Jesus out in English.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I think you put your trust in people and not in God.

Your choice.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by oktopus

Actually I don't trust people... And I do trust God...

You best check yourself...

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I see.

Do consider my advice to you.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by oktopus

you gave me advice?

Where was I?

I didn't see any advice come my way...

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I agree, when you fall, you fall real hard.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by oktopus

I have no clue what you're on about...

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I would've been pleased with a thank you, but yeah, what must we expect from people who don't trust people and trust in God, right?

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Logarock

LittleByLittle

oktopus
reply to post by Akragon

We could hope so. But I have learned to trust my instincts and every time I read Paul, I get the feeling of a salesman trying to sell me something similar than what I want with over exaggerated words. To me Jesus, Buddha and Rumi points to one specific location that I logically also agree would be most beneficial to all beings who are.

Ok what is that specific location?

That is for you to seek and find yourself as the bible tells you. When the student is ready the master/teacher appears.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join