It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buddhism in the Bible.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Chapters and verses, please -- a teaching of Christ and a teaching of Paul that are significant and are in conflict.

Luckily Akragon has already made an example. I am frankly tired of that argument Paul vs Jesus (contradict). For me I measured Jesus being the real deal based on the message all the enlightened ones say, not by authority of Paul statement and a church idolizing Jesus. So Jesus is a true one for me not because there is a religion changed by him but by the message he preaches.

There are plenty of other threads that discuss this contradict already so leave it that we can agree that we disagree on Paul being the real deal.

edit on 16-2-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

It makes sense that Paul had teachings from Jesus simply because of his emergence with a deeper understanding of the nature of Christ and His relationship with His own. The book of Ephesians being an example. And the fact that Paul's biographer Luke did such a detailed job of laying out the ministry of Peter and his work in the power of the Spirit has strong suggestions. Peter anyway certainly gave Paul the affirmative as a true apostle.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

as opposed to someone who traveled with Jesus, and was taught by him…

It is generally held that the Epistle of James was written by James, the brother of Jesus, who, like Paul, became a follower after the resurrection.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

LittleByLittle

Chapters and verses, please -- a teaching of Christ and a teaching of Paul that are significant and are in conflict.

Luckily Akragon has already made an example. I am frankly tired of that argument Paul vs Jesus (contradict). For me I measured Jesus being the real deal based on the message all the enlightened ones say....

Do you mean His followers by enlightened or guys like Buddha?

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

filosophia
This is my favorite Buddha-esq bible quote:

matthew 6:22 (KJV) "The light of the body is the eye, if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light."

Obviously your eye can not be single, so what I take it to mean is eye is really mind in this passage, if your mind is single, your whole body is filled with light, very similar to the Buddhist concept of one-pointed meditation.

Interestingly, other versions of the bible translate it as "if your eyes are 'healthy'..." which eliminates the metaphysical aspect as found in the King James Version.

Another example why translations are removing hidden spiritual secrets that exits in the bible. The whole part about not knowing the true definition of Jehovah = "the existing One" for instance.

Can also be a hidden reference to third eye (Ajna chakra) from my point of view and the following ki/light flow when activated.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Logarock
reply to post by Akragon

It makes sense that Paul had teachings from Jesus simply because of his emergence with a deeper understanding of the nature of Christ and His relationship with His own. The book of Ephesians being an example. And the fact that Paul's biographer Luke did such a detailed job of laying out the ministry of Peter and his work in the power of the Spirit has strong suggestions. Peter anyway certainly gave Paul the affirmative as a true apostle.

Ephesians is "pseudo-Paul"... hardly a good example of anything honestly...

adjensen
reply to post by Akragon

as opposed to someone who traveled with Jesus, and was taught by him…

It is generally held that the Epistle of James was written by James, the brother of Jesus, who, like Paul, became a follower after the resurrection.

IF that was the case and he was actually the brother of Jesus... do you not think he would have seen and heard his teachings?

Perhaps he became a true believer after the resurrection... but if he spent time with his "brother" he would have known the things Jesus taught, even if he was yet to believe who he was

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Logarock

LittleByLittle

Luckily Akragon has already made an example. I am frankly tired of that argument Paul vs Jesus (contradict). For me I measured Jesus being the real deal based on the message all the enlightened ones say....

Beings who are en-light-ened physically feeling the ki/light flow (The blessed ones) that is literally the physical manifestation of gods love.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

LittleByLittle

filosophia
This is my favorite Buddha-esq bible quote:

matthew 6:22 (KJV) "The light of the body is the eye, if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light."

Obviously your eye can not be single, so what I take it to mean is eye is really mind in this passage, if your mind is single, your whole body is filled with light, very similar to the Buddhist concept of one-pointed meditation.

Interestingly, other versions of the bible translate it as "if your eyes are 'healthy'..." which eliminates the metaphysical aspect as found in the King James Version.

Another example why translations are removing hidden spiritual secrets that exits in the bible. The whole part about not knowing the true definition of Jehovah = "the existing One" for instance.

Can also be a hidden reference to third eye (Ajna chakra) from my point of view and the following ki/light flow when activated.

Jesus wasn't much of a mystic. He said that if can see Him then you can see the Father. He did talk about people having eyes to see and ears to hear and the other sort that can see but are blind and can hear but are deaf. And didn't mind saying that He spoke in a way that kept the blind, blind.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

LittleByLittle

Logarock

LittleByLittle

Beings who are en-light-ened physically feeling the ki/light flow (The blessed ones) that is literally the physical manifestation of gods love.

I saw a thread awhile back, maybe several, that talked about stimulating the pineal gland to enhance enlightenment. There is no on off switch connected to the body that can produce the enlightenment Christ is talking about.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

IF that was the case and he was actually the brother of Jesus... do you not think he would have seen and heard his teachings?

There is no indication that he did. He definitely wasn't one of the Apostles, and doesn't appear in the New Testament until he is referenced in Acts of the Apostles. His letter is included in the Bible because, though it fails the test of having been written by an Apostle, his being a brother of Christ and being the first leader of the Jerusalem church were sufficient to overlook that. The Epistle of Jude, also written by a brother of Christ, is included because it is possible that he is the Apostle referred to as Judas in Luke and Thaddaeus elsewhere, though that is often called into question.

Bottom line -- no, it cannot be stated firmly that James knew anything of Christ's teaching directly from the man during his years of ministry.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Several situations are recorded in the gospels that had to do with conflicts with Jesus and His brother. It may have been James. They are not very flattering. One incident records that His family tried to have Him committed and thought He was a mad man. Those are the things James would have been closely associated with at that time. Plus there is no mention of James having any contact with the apostles or Jesus the way some others are mentioned as having contact or interaction.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Logarock

LittleByLittle

Logarock

LittleByLittle

I saw a thread awhile back, maybe several, that talked about stimulating the pineal gland to enhance enlightenment. There is no on off switch connected to the body that can produce the enlightenment Christ is talking about.

I don't know if you've read my thread on so called "enlightenment"... but Jesus IS in fact enlightenment...

En"lighten"ment

Logarock
reply to post by Akragon

Several situations are recorded in the gospels that had to do with conflicts with Jesus and His brother. It may have been James. They are not very flattering. One incident records that His family tried to have Him committed and thought He was a mad man. Those are the things James would have been closely associated with at that time. Plus there is no mention of James having any contact with the apostles or Jesus the way some others are mentioned as having contact or interaction.

Many thing are assumed within the bible... for instance the authors of the gospels are not known, they're assumed...

I think its safe to assume that IF Jesus had a brother, they probably had some deep chats

edit on 16-2-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

IF we can take the word of Paul a "former" Pharisee... that he was taught by Jesus even though his writing shows nothing of the sort...

I think this is more then enough to say James was closely connected to Jesus within his life time

James 1
James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.

And considering his book actually does reflect the teachings of Jesus... I would personally be more inclined to believe James then Paul...

Then again I don't like Paul in any case... So Im more inclined to believe pretty much anyone before him

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Akragon

Logarock

LittleByLittle

Logarock

LittleByLittle

I don't know if you've read my thread on so called "enlightenment"... but Jesus IS in fact enlightenment...

En"lighten"ment

Logarock
reply to post by Akragon

Many thing are assumed within the bible... for instance the authors of the gospels are not known, they're assumed...

I think its safe to assume that IF Jesus had a brother, they probably had some deep chats

Yea one of those conversations are recorded and its not very nice. Certainly not any indication that His brother understood who he was but on the contrary. And it is apparent from your information or lack thereof that a good assumption would be that you really don't know the material well enough to make many of the statements you make. In the words of Christ Himself "you err not knowing the scriptures"

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Logarock

LittleByLittle

Logarock

LittleByLittle

There is the slow increasing (where man slowly reaches for god and understanding) and the instant awakening where many limitation are removed instantly and start sending information that is picked up on all levels of creation. Amydala Fear overload.

www.shaktitechnology.com...

In brief, it says that many spiritual experiences can be explained as examples of a dramatic spillover from a structure on one side of the brain into the same structure on the other side. For example, intense activation of the amygdala on the right (fear) should happen in a life-threatening situation. If the threat actually manifests, and the person dies, they may begin an often-blissful experience that may be later be recalled as a near-death experience.( should they be resuscitated later on) First, intense fear, then bliss. Jesus faced Satan the desert. The Buddha confronted the Demons of Mara under the Bodhi tree. Ramakrishna lay comatose for days. Each of these preceded the epiphany that saw them become the holy men their traditions now recall.

But this is probably not on topic since it is more of the nature of how spirit/mind/body interact in slow or instant awakenings. My advice is to go the slow road thru meditation and avoid tempering with the amygdala. If instant awakening is meant to be then let it come naturally based in circumstances.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Back to your old ways eh....

Assumptions... Lovely

and typical...

*sigh*

Apparently hoping Christians change their ways, and are capable of having a conversation without getting personal is out the window

As usual... thank God for Christians like Adjensen

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by oktopus

There is no Buddha in the Bible because Buddha denied divinity to his followers.

Jesus said, " Before Abraham was born, I am ".

Nor Buddhism.
edit on 16-2-2014 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleByLittle

The reasons for Jesus confronting Satan in the wilderness and Buddha having an encounter with a demon under the tree are as far removed as the north is from the south. Jesus survived His encounter to go on and secure the cross while Buddha became what? An enlightened traveling swami? Jesus spending 40 days in the wilderness had to do with issues concerning the prophets Moses and Elisha. Buddha was probably so stoned on Indus funk that he needed a good tree to rest under.

edit on 16-2-2014 by Logarock because: n

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Akragon
reply to post by Logarock

Back to your old ways eh....

Assumptions... Lovely

and typical...

*sigh*

Apparently hoping Christians change their ways, and are capable of having a conversation without getting personal is out the window

As usual... thank God for Christians like Adjensen

I am not trying to be personal or hurtful but am dead serious. You want to talk about this issue I say you don't know enough about it to engage in any sort of conversation. The way you dodge and dance around counterpoints doesn't speak well of your intentions to say the least.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

randyvs
reply to post by oktopus

There is no Buddha in the Bible because Buddha denied divinity to his followers.

Jesus said, " Before Abraham was born, I am ".

Siddhārtha Gautama Shakyamuni being modest I think.
. Being divine or not is based on you perception of what you are. What if for Siddhārtha Gautama Shakyamuni what other calls divine is normal and not a big deal that other make it out to be?

Siddhārtha Gautama Shakyamuni trying not to see that he is on a higher level trying to push his level down to create oneness/understanding.
Jesus knowing he is on a higher level trying to raise everyone up to his level to create oneness/understanding.

In this case Jesus was not interested in wearing a mask of ordinary and said it as it was.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join