It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smoking Cigarettes...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Hello Everyone,

Well, I've been missing from my own thread for quite some time now...sorry. I've really been trying but to no avail yet 😔

I'm not giving up however, and I'm proud to say that I've cut back from a pack of American Spirits a day to a pack every two days. Although I haven't quit yet, I'm trying.

Keep me posted on your progress and let's continue the fight 👍

I wish you all the best of luck!

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Haven't quit yet, but I have cut back. I feel better knowing that I'm really trying and with a little added discipline, I'll soon quit.

Thanks for the words of encouragement...they go a long way.

Thank You 😘

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

ThePublicEnemyNo1
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Haven't quit yet, but I have cut back. I feel better knowing that I'm really trying and with a little added discipline, I'll soon quit.

Thanks for the words of encouragement...they go a long way.

Thank You 😘

One less cigarette a day is a good thing! We all started somewhere. The key is to do it, the way that you can succeed in doing it. It may not be everybody's way... just yours.

Hang in there!! Have a little faith in yourself, be proud of every step you take.
You are past the point of "You can do it" to "You are doing it"! Keep it up!

edit on 2/27/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
my experience from almost a two-pack-a-day smoker turned e-cig user is that they work, but it may take some shopping to find one that makes you feel it is BETTER than the brand you like now.

Yes, there is nicotine...but...no carbon monoxide, tar, particulate matter, benzene, ammonia, formaldehyde, MAOI, and another thousand or so chemicals either natural to tobacco or added to it to make it tastier / stronger/ easier to preserve / more addictive.

Your breathing will improve, as if you did quit, and in reality you have quit about 99% or more of the hazard of smoking. Tobacco is MORE than just nicotine, and its the TOBACCO smoking that is dangerous and cancerous and the causative agent of COPD and lung damage.

So if you try one e-cig and it doesn't do the trick, shop around and find one that does. Go big if you have to, make huge clouds of vapor, but it is so effective if you give it a shot.

I quit in a day, and I could feel the improvements as if I was a non-smoker...which I am. I vape. Thats a HUGE difference. I climb flights of stairs like a teenager, no huffing and puffing, no pain...that I could NOT do a year ago (it will be a year in April).

I applaud those that can kick the nicotine, but if you can't do it, this alternative WORKS. And if you wish to kick the nicotine later, then its just one more monkey already off your back when you do decide to go for it. But it's not all-or-nothing, an e-cig with nicotine is still hundreds of times more healthy than a stick of tobacco.

If I was stuck on a desert island with a craving and I had the choice to either open the Marlboro and fire up, or swim across the shark-infested channel to get me my e-cig...time to get wet. That's how I feel about it now, no way I am turning back.

Wish the best for all you that are trying, its a devil to do, but this is one way that can work.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join