It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Atom and Eve show a simulated universe.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
So I was thinking about this today. How could we prove that we are in a simulated universe. I started thinking about our past and where many different people think it started, Religion. It seems that all religions are based off the same thing but just told with a different twist. I don't know much religion however I do know the story of Adam and Eve. How Adam came first and Eve came after and then I thought. What if Adam wasn't Adam, but Atom. And Eve wasn't Eve it was Everything. So it wasn't that Adam came before Eve. It was Atom is, Everything. The Atom came before everything. Something that the creators left behind like a "note" if you will. If the Atom is everything and everything is an Atom then everything must be alive. If everything is alive (the keyboard, mouse, rocks, plastics, books, lava, fire, everything) because that is what we all are made of, then we are in a simulation.

If you think about computer code. Its all made of of the same thing just in a different order. Everything is made of computer code (Atoms = Everything) just in different order..

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSource

Atoms aren't everything. They themselves are made of smaller stuff. That's why we can split them.

There is no logical process, that I am aware of, that will take you from "atoms exist" to "everything is alive" to "everything is a simulation".

Please explain how you came to these conclusions from the initial assumptions. It would strongly support your case which at present seems a little random and illogical. More a play on the sounds of words (in English) than with any true depth of enlightenment.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   

chr0naut

Atoms aren't everything. They themselves are made of smaller stuff. That's why we can split them.

There is no logical process, that I am aware of, that will take you from "atoms exist" to "everything is alive" to "everything is a simulation".

Please explain how you came to these conclusions from the initial assumptions. It would strongly support your case which at present seems a little random and illogical. More a play on the sounds of words (in English) than with any true depth of enlightenment.

Sure you can go all the way down to everything is made of quarks if you wanted. Even easier would be matter is everything. But once you get to Atoms you should be able to understand this. Or maybe there was a disagreement with the atoms and quarks guys so they make the Qur'an. Maybe that is the reason for other religions fights over what everything was made of.

It doesn't matter what everything is made of it could be jelly or sand or water. If everything known is made of the same thing it is a code. Or made by creator/creators and still a type of "code".

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Everything is made of matter and matter is energy. This we know. Religion is a fabricated framework for interpolating this construct into mechanisms for achieving dominion over others. In essence, though, it has no role, and provides exactly zero support for the earnest in contemplating the mysteries of the universe.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

You could also use E = mc2 to show that everything is made of the same thing. If everything is made of the same thing then everything must also be "alive". The only way this is possible is something like "code". Think of a simulation. It's all made of code. However you can make it look like whatever you want. Type out some code you get a "chair". Type out some other code and you get a "house" however they are both made of the same thing, "code". If "everything" in a simulation is made of "code" and "everything" in our universe is "matter/energy" then we are in a simulation. Its a simulation because everything is made of the same thing just turned a different way.

def of E=mc2

www.britannica.com...
edit on 15-2-2014 by LightSource because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   

LightSource

If everything is made of the same thing then everything must also be "alive".

A book is made of the same things as a tree, but you can't sit down with some Earl Grey, by the fireplace, and read a tree as you would a book. Why, then, must everything that is made of the same thing be alive? In my immediate view, there's no rational explanation for this statement at all. Energy takes all different forms as matter and matter, similarly, takes all different forms. It's hardly incumbent that if matter takes one form, all the relevant characteristics from one form would be attributable to another form.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

You could also use E = mc2 to show that everything is made of the same thing.
No. You couldn't.

Why?

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Hadrian

LightSource

A book is made of the same things as a tree, but you can't sit down with some Earl Grey, by the fireplace, and read a tree as you would a book. Why, then, must everything that is made of the same thing be alive? In my immediate view, there's no rational explanation for this statement at all. Energy takes all different forms as matter and matter, similarly, takes all different forms. It's hardly incumbent that if matter takes one form, all the relevant characteristics from one form would be attributable to another form.

What I mean by "alive" is this. If you believe there is an "infinite" amount of universes, and every possible choice has been done. That would show code as well. It shows that we are made up of an infinite sliver of infinite time. number of times which would break the "infinite" rule or create a new one..

-Added-
This also goes back to "everything" is "alive".
edit on 16-2-2014 by LightSource because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

In fact I could say if Everything is matter/energy you could also say its code as well. Matter is either the 1 and energy is 0, or energy is 1 and Matter is 0. I would say that energy is 1 and matter is 0. Start your code...

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Unfortunately, Einstein has already proved this idea wrong.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   

I love thought experiments! No harm in thinking outside the box as long as we don't try to harass others into believing an idea we pose (and I personally think the OP is covered here by his 'what if' approach.)

So I wanna play! Hey this part of your post...

Atoms aren't everything. They themselves are made of smaller stuff.
...was indeed a valid point, but it also brought this verse to mind:

"...God [code writer] formed adam of the dust…[those smaller particles]"

Genesis 2:7

Now isn't this fun? Think of it like a game... re-framing the creation story to fit with programming of a simulated world. Just for the fun of it, an exercise in creative thinking.

So, tag yer it!!!

OP: It also occurred to me that Eve means 'prior to' (like New Years Eve) so maybe Eve refers to a time before running the program, even though the code (Atom) had been created. I think the term is "compile" ...that step after it's written, before it's run.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   

new_here

I love thought experiments! No harm in thinking outside the box as long as we don't try to harass others into believing an idea we pose (and I personally think the OP is covered here by his 'what if' approach.)

Now isn't this fun? Think of it like a game... re-framing the creation story to fit with programming of a simulated world. Just for the fun of it, an exercise in creative thinking.

So, tag yer it!!!

OP: It also occurred to me that Eve means 'prior to' (like New Years Eve) so maybe Eve refers to a time before running the program, even though the code (Atom) had been created. I think the term is "compile" ...that step after it's written, before it's run.

I think it is to simple if we are getting down all the way to code. God created light and darkness (1 and 0).

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   

I think you would find it much more satisfying looking deeper into Hinduism based on your OP. Or just stick to philosophy

*Note: I don't believe in Hinduism.

How Adam came first

Thus the marital problems began. Subsequently things escalated and Adam and Eve were evicted from the gated community known as Eden.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   

LightSource

I think it is to simple if we are getting down all the way to code. God created light and darkness (1 and 0).

Ok have fun with that then, I guess for you the thought experiment is concluded. Bummer, I was just getting the wheels turning.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Nice idea.

I once developed a similar theory using Adam "Atoms" (all matter) & Eve "Waves" (energies that exist between the matter)

You are on a similar track. I like it

edit on 16-2-2014 by Infinitis because: Because.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   

new_here

LightSource

Ok have fun with that then, I guess for you the thought experiment is concluded. Bummer, I was just getting the wheels turning.

Eve could mean before or after so I don't think that is the case. However they were placed in the "garden" where they never got old. This could be representation of 2 models "Adam" and "Eve" I would say 1, 0 and first was light and darkness. so 1010. Then they were thrown out for being "bad". The creator wanted to create the universe. So I guess it comes to the chicken or the egg. Well Adam was created first and then Eve 10. In the book "light" was created before "darkness" 10. So either way they both could be created basically at the same time the can be changed out they will both always equal 1010.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   

new_here

LightSource

Everything in our universe has an opposite. either a 1 or a 0. therefore everything is a 1 or 0. Or a looooooooooooooong lists of 1's and 0's.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   

new_here

So, tag yer it!!!

What I would find really funny would be if they "decoded" the bible and it said something like this video. I think I would laugh pretty hard.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   

This is the definition of 'life' according to Google:

The condition that distinguishes animals and plants from inorganic matter, including the capacity for growth, reproduction, functional activity, and continual change preceding death.

or, from Wikipedia:

Life is a characteristic that distinguishes objects that have signaling and self-sustaining processes from those that do not, either because such functions have ceased (death), or else because they lack such functions and are classified as inanimate. Biology is the science concerned with the study of life.

or from Dictionary.com:

life
1. the condition that distinguishes organisms from inorganic objects and dead organisms, being manifested by growth through metabolism, reproduction, and the power of adaptation to environment through changes originating internally.

2. the sum of the distinguishing phenomena of organisms, especially metabolism, growth, reproduction, and adaptation to environment.

In this universe, some things are alive and some things are not.

edit on 16/2/2014 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   

chr0naut

This is the definition of 'life' according to Google:

The condition that distinguishes animals and plants from inorganic matter, including the capacity for growth, reproduction, functional activity, and continual change preceding death.

or, from Wikipedia:

Life is a characteristic that distinguishes objects that have signaling and self-sustaining processes from those that do not, either because such functions have ceased (death), or else because they lack such functions and are classified as inanimate. Biology is the science concerned with the study of life.

or from Dictionary.com:

life
1. the condition that distinguishes organisms from inorganic objects and dead organisms, being manifested by growth through metabolism, reproduction, and the power of adaptation to environment through changes originating internally.

2. the sum of the distinguishing phenomena of organisms, especially metabolism, growth, reproduction, and adaptation to environment.

In this universe, some things are alive and some things are not.

edit on 16/2/2014 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

Yes 1 or 0 I'm pretty sure alive is "1" and dead is "0". However you can never get "rid" of energy so 0 is part of us making everything "alive".

Edit- that could also go back to where we were all made from "clay" or "earth".

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join