It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't we see apparitions of ourselves when still alive, or other people, often?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Let me start off by saying, I refer to myself as a "skeptic believer" always looking for proof, thinking there may be some weight to ghosts, aliens etc, we just don't have all the pieces to the puzzle.

---

It occurred to me when reading another ghost stories thread, that one common explanation for apparitions and other paranormal phenomenon is residual energy...

Think about this, if this was the case, it would be possible to still see ourselves, during some traumatic or otherwise intense event in our lives, while still alive?

You say, well for some reason maybe these kinds of energy are only manifested after death...

Okay..

Then after all the years humans, and otherwise have been in existence, why don't we see ghosts or residual energy hauntings frequently?

Another thing I have considered is the fact that our location in space is in fact changing and not only the Earth, but the Milky Way is hurdling through space at thousands of MPH...

Ghosts are affected by gravity, are they? Holding them to the Earth? Hmm...

edit on 2/15/2014 by BigOrange because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Seeing an apparition of ourselves?

Supposedly that's bad Ju-Ju

Doppelgänger

It also describes the sensation of having glimpsed oneself in one's own peripheral vision with no chance of the supposed phenomenon having been a reflection.

A doppelgänger is often perceived as a sinister form of bilocation and is regarded by some to be a harbinger of bad luck. In some traditions, a doppelgänger seen by a person's relative or friend portends illness or danger while seeing one's own doppelgänger is said to be an omen of death.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I think unless you use "residual energy" in terms of Planck or zero point energy then the realm you are delving into falls to the pseudo-science category. Zero point energy is not an exact fact and when has residual energy been proven or at least in a testable theory much less be applied to a persons "whatchamacallit" I still have a hard time finding anything compelling in regards to the paranormal "ghost" study although I do not discount that their may be something to it. I just don't think that science can prove or disprove such a notion as they are not even testable amongst the living. Of course no disrespect and interesting proponderence I SnF'd you simply for the interesting outlook and question presented.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I've heard of these doppelgangers... I've had people say they've seen me places where I wasn't, and they are 100 percent sure it was me, kind of a creepy concept.

I was references to seeing ourselves in an energy form, not in this type of manner. The doppelganger seems to be a form of symbolic folk lore type of thing

Brotherman
I think unless you use "residual energy" in terms of Planck or zero point energy then the realm you are delving into falls to the pseudo-science category. Zero point energy is not an exact fact and when has residual energy been proven or at least in a testable theory much less be applied to a persons "whatchamacallit" I still have a hard time finding anything compelling in regards to the paranormal "ghost" study although I do not discount that their may be something to it. I just don't think that science can prove or disprove such a notion as they are not even testable amongst the living. Of course no disrespect and interesting proponderence I SnF'd you simply for the interesting outlook and question presented.

Aww man sweet.. been a long time since I've posed, even longer since SnF... I spend most of my free time philosophizing on such topics, so it's not like I got lucky when coming up with theories like this, I put a lot of thought it.

You're right about the pseudo-science and such, of course, when talking about ghosts, and anyone who comes into the paranormal or aliens and UFOs section knows, we can't really say for 100 percent sure whether or not this is the case, that's why I take everything on these topics with a grain of salt.

Best to take the best of the knowledge we have, and figure the rest out for yourselves...

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by BigOrange

Which brings up an interesting possibility/paradox? For example when we die say in an accident. Maybe our spirit is simply trying to warn ourselves of the impending death and tries to interfere?

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Im not trying to discourage you mate just saying hey beers up bru

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   

It's funny I was just thinking about something similar yesterday...

People have reported seeing ghosts of dogs and cats... If that is true then how come no one has ever seen a dinosaur ghost?

I'm not sure how I even got to thinking about that but it's probably from stress and lack of sleep lol

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   

SLAYER69

Which brings up an interesting possibility/paradox? For example when we die say in an accident. Maybe our spirit is simply trying to warn ourselves of the impending death and tries to interfere?

What about this. If ghosts are extra dimensional what happens when they die? Do ghosts see ghosts or doppelgangers?

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I have had experiences in my life where I have been aware of living people around me, three different people over the years. I have also seen ghosts a couple of times, mainly though I have experienced "happenings" things moving, that type of thing. However on one occasion I saw what seemed to be the "spirit" of a living person.

It was twilight, the curtains were open, I was sat in a chair opposite the window, over head light on, reading a book. Something caught my attention so I looked up and reflected in the glass was the image of a guy I knew stood on the bottom step of the stair case.

I was a bit confused, so stood up, looked around the open door into my hallway (the hall way was behind me and too my left) there was no one there. I looked up the window in front of me again, but the reflection was still there, not moving but very clear, I could see the check pattern on his shirt, the expression on his face it was that clear. Usually if I experience something I try to find a rational explanation but on this occasion the only explanation would have been a life size cut out reflecting in the window, it was that clear. So yes, it does happen, but in my experience it is rare.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Sometimes we can visit ourselves outside of time, the linear time, in a sense when one has a Higher Self contact and knows within, this is me, this is a case of No Time on the other side and your progressed self guiding the fledgling seedling self, or another form of self, in past walks or journeys. In fact progressively different forms of HS could possibly be experienced, from a guidance from the next step, and far further futures.

However, the thing is, most people are not even aware of that, its a gift when you come in with awareness of contact, and this is a different kind than ufology, though it can intermix. Because ET can contact with, and be in meetings with a person's Higher Self. They often incarnate, for those that are incarnated, with more knowledge of who they are. People have met deceased family in their abductions, and Guides.

In any case, most will not remember, or only small amounts while here. There are many ways to define here, prison, school, testing ground, its not a vacation no matter who thinks they're on vacation because if you could enjoy your life while ignoring others, and all the hellzone around you, it would not make your soul grow bigger. I run with various testing grounds, and so its like you learn on the other side, and then for a variety of reasons: one to uncover flaws, two, to make changes in your direction in spirit, for spirit is in No Time, and so when you are formed as a person and are stuck on lower level issues, the growth factor would happen outside of No Time, in a capsule of time, without memory, where you take that back. So you can grow more here. Also, you could come to overcome themes in your psyche, anger, communication skills, on a plane that is a warzone, starvation and inequality rampant. Do you not see what needs changing in self? Even giving power away to elites and not learning how to form groups in unity in your own town that includes others, so you need to strive to understand others, not judge them, to overcome the corruption on high.

This is quite a testing ground to develop many different higher frequency skills in if seen right. I don't personally believe the end justifys the means here and believe that the mid management and world leaders are in a terrible distortion themselves and all need to have their frequency and love dial turned up and raised to get on with creating a better school where people can fine tune their skills and talents in, such as writing, art, counseling, creations that are open sourced and given to upgrade others, thinking of others, teaching, and that struggling with bare survival in the inner city or slums of calcutta while being poisoned by the elites is not any form of lessons, it takes free will and growth away from people or forces the most ugly kind of growth. They are not off any hoooks.

But you come in here with a veil on your memories, like a practicum in university, to see what you can do.

And your body suit is coded, dna programming, bio chemicals, etc. like software inserted onto a computer, with problems to overcome, and the coding makes you experience "linear time".

Unless the veil slips for you, you won't see anyone outside of your linear time realm. There are infinite realms, of density and "time" , time clocked by your individual star.

So you would not necessarily be privy to seeing a futuristic ghost or entity or even experience your Family in crafts, for example, or HS, unless its given you to experience, unless you already reached that level or wouldn't come in without that bungee cord because you don't believe in this harsh realm and know the gravity is overwhelming and you've already learnt the base lessons of war and inequality.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I often wonder if what we see as ghosts, isn't a projection of our consciousness in concurrence with expectation. Is it our own consciousness, "tuning in" with the surroundings and then creating a playback of events that have occurred in the haunted site? My husband says YES! That's it. But it can only really account for part of the phenomenon. Not all of it. Particularly those experiences that suggest that the phenomenon is intelligent and aware.

I see myself OFTEN in meditation and astral dreams. Generally it's a debate or argument I'm having with myself. I've always taken the shamanic approach in this, and have seen this manifestation as my 'shadow self'.

Which could bring a whole new line of theorizing - the shadow people - couldn't it?

S&F.

CdT

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

BigOrange
Let me start off by saying, I refer to myself as a "skeptic believer" always looking for proof, thinking there may be some weight to ghosts, aliens etc, we just don't have all the pieces to the puzzle.

---

It occurred to me when reading another ghost stories thread, that one common explanation for apparitions and other paranormal phenomenon is residual energy...

Think about this, if this was the case, it would be possible to still see ourselves, during some traumatic or otherwise intense event in our lives, while still alive?

You say, well for some reason maybe these kinds of energy are only manifested after death...

That's a good point actually, I hadn't thought of that. Like you, I struggle to see how death has to be a requirement if you're going along with the theory of residual energy.

top topics

join