It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denisovans Interbred with a Mysterious Fourth Group of Early Humans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Neanderthal genome shows evidence of early human interbreeding, inbreeding

Though Denisovans and Neanderthals eventually died out, they left behind bits of their genetic heritage because they occasionally interbred with modern humans. The research team estimates that between 1.5 and 2.1 percent of the genomes of modern non-Africans can be traced to Neanthertals

While reading up about the topic of another thread of mine I came across this article and thought it was a rather interesting read. The original article covers interbreeding and inbreeding of the lines but this next paragraph stuck out and peaked my curiosity..

The genome comparisons also show that Denisovans interbred with a mysterious fourth group of early humans also living in Eurasia at the time. That group had split from the others more than a million years ago, and may have been the group of human ancestors known as Homo erectus, which fossils show was living in Europe and Asia a million or more years ago.

They think it was with Homo erectus but are not sure. I wonder if they'll be able to determine what exactly if any traits we modern humans may have received from this Mysterious Forth group? Another thing that has me baffled and that is how Denisovan DNA ended up out in the Pacific from Siberia in prehistory?

“Denisovans also left genetic traces in modern humans, though only in some Oceanic and Asian populations. The genomes of Australian aborigines, New Guineans and some Pacific Islanders are about 6 percent Denisovan genes, according to earlier studies. The new analysis finds that the genomes of Han Chinese and other mainland Asian populations, as well as of native Americans, contain about 0.2 percent Denisovan genes”

edit on 15-2-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I'm sure they will find a fifth group and maybe even a sixth in the future. We're all a bunch of mutts, no thoroughbreds at all.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Once again, awesome work Slayer! My hat's off to you!

I have come to rely on your threads for the very latest information, and hope you'll find the missing puzzle pieces soon. S&F

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

S n F as always, Slayer!

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
What a messy Family Tree.......it appears our ancestors humped about anything that moved.

Big shock there.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Hey slayer,
Nice,
But wasn't this discussed here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

some time ago.

In the last year or so, as I've read the current literature, "archaic populations", or unknown ancestor , have become code words for a homo erectus contribution.
Not only is there an Asian contribution from an archaic population , but a contribution to African populations from an Africa specific "archaic".

edit on 15-2-2014 by punkinworks10 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join