It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US experts say chemicals may cause silent brains epidemic in young

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

It seems science is only starting to scratch the surface in the understanding of prions.

I have to wonder how much the formation of prions is related to exposure to all of these chemicals that flood our bodies daily.

How much tire dust do we inhale daily?

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I have to wonder how much the formation of prions is related to exposure to all of these chemicals that flood our bodies daily.

Prion, prion-related and protein misfolding diseases, generally classified as "proteinopathies," can be sporadic (spontaneous), familial (genetic/inherited) or acquired (transmitted by infection).

Only between 10 and 15 percent of all cases of prion disease are caused by mutations in the PRNP gene.

"Acquired" prion disease results from exposure to PrPSc from an outside source. For example, by eating food or drinking water containing prions, or on exposure in hospitals.

Authorities say, Sporadic CJD is the most common form. Sporadic or "spontaneous" prions form when a protein's environment is perturbed while it's in the process of folding (folding occurs naturally all the time, misfolding can result in disease and the creation of infectious prions).

So "all of these chemicals that flood our bodies daily" seem to be responsible for the current proteinopathy pandemic.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

This is some very interesting stuff. Clearly more research has to be done and is being done. Hard to say really that THIS is the cause of what I see personally, on a daily basis. Again, more research needs to be done. And IF this is what I am dealing with at work, then there doesn't really seem to be much hope for the individuals I currently work with. However, they are young adults. They have been this way since they were much younger. So it is hard to say if this is an infection which they are dealing with, or to what scale of an infection they may have. Although I am absolutely not ruling this out as to what it is they are dealing with...again, clearly more research needs to be done.

And apparently it is being done...

Research Lead: Dr. David Westaway, University of Alberta

Project: "Extending the spectrum of Prionopathies to Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis and Autism"

This project proposes to link the chemistry of the prion protein to the new territory of other nervous system diseases, such as ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease) and the socialization disorder autism-diseases which are at least one thousand times more common than prion diseases. It is believed that a different type or prion protein may operate in other types of brain diseases, which could lead to new ways of thinking about incurable disorders. The project will create changes in the amounts of the various forms of the new membrane protein, and then perform an array of analyses on the behavior and nervous system transmission of laboratory mice. Nervous transmission by electrical impulse can be measured in isolated brain cells, a system that is also convenient to study the effect of stress by adding small amounts of toxins to the fluids bathing the cultures. By these means, the project aims to extend the boundaries of what is considered "prion disease."

Funding:$520,500

Prion Institute - Core Projects

Thank you so very much for pointing me in this direction. You have NO idea how much hope this gives me, even if it is a small amount of hope, it's still better than nothing. It is VERY, VERY demoralizing going to work every day, dealing with these individuals and seeing them deteriorate on almost a monthly basis, aside from dealing with their high levels of self abuse and violence. If only the gov't of Canada would want to dump money into this issue rather than buying military equipment that we don't need! Just another reason why I have given up on politics all together.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparkymedic

Thanks and you're welcome. Just so you know, healthy lifestyle and the right diet can go a long way to ease symptoms. Plus, things like green tea and turmeric inhibit prion propagation and may help.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Absolutely. I agree about the healthy eating and lifestyle. It isn't all that easy to reach those (seemingly easy to obtain) goals when other staff fail to understand just that, for their own sake as well. It is incredibly amazing the level at which some people are brainwashed and totally disconnected...going around like zombies, doing their work to the bare minimum. Or they just totally ignore reality altogether for whatever reason and deal with things which are nothing but dead ends without a healthy lifestyle being focused on for the individual. Scary really.

Sorry for the rant...

I face a deeply rooted culture of complacency in my work place. All likely tied to a failed social services system. I know I am not the only one feeling like this battle is not only up hill, but up cliff. I do what I can, when I can though. Green tea at the very least is a calming agent to stave off extreme anxiety...so instead of the anxiety always being turned up to the proverbial 11, we can get it down to 9, with just tea...and the usual cocktail of meds. So god knows what's really doing what...

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Sparkymedic

It is incredibly amazing the level at which some people are brainwashed and totally disconnected...going around like zombies, doing their work to the bare minimum.

People are going around like zombies and doing their work to a bare minimum BECAUSE so many people have decided to brainwash their workers. You are trying to flip things. I hate it when people try to brainwash me. It makes me want to go around disconnected and doing things to a bare minimum so that I can make sure I retain my free will (although maybe not the job). The other day my boss came around and spit on my face because he was talking and trying to intimidate me and a co worker. I was fired 2 days later. Wonder why. 8 dollar an hour job and some lame guy trying to brainwash me. You know it's bad when there is nothing for you to do at the moment and some brainwashed snitch tells the boss you are standing around instead of pretending to do something while you wait on a hi low. Brainwashed snitches are what turn many people into disconnected minimalists. "Move like you have a sense of urgency." Nothing is urgent and we are not in the army. I make 8 dollars an hour. Analyze that. The next time a boss spits on my face when he is trying to intimidate me I am going to view it as a physical assault and defend myself.

You want to know why so many intelligent potential leaders are refusing to try for you? You treat them like # and manipulate their perceptions all the while expecting your own perceptions to be trustworthy. Talk about a way to ruin a country. Outlaw industrial psychologist. Those idiots are ruining the country, and it is plain to see. People just don't want to admit what they are seeing and admit they are wrong. Well, it's actually not industrial psychologists. They are a tool that is being utilized by some very evil people. Similar to guns, they should not be given to sociopaths.

Why does everyone expect the potential to make more money to be a good enough reason for someone with FREE WILL to try hard and "work their way up the ladder" just so people can continue treating those at the bottom like #? I would rather stay at the bottom and be one of the ones being treated like # than be one of those who perpetuate the corruption and need for control just for some money and acceptance from their "peer group."

This is why people think all of these conditions are *disorders* and not just condition. The methods of control that are utilized only work if everyone conforms to a false perspective. Those who do not conform to that false perspective are likely diagnose-able with a *disorder* that can be corrected by giving them pills that tamper with their brain chemistry. In other words, because you are a bad drone you need drugs so that you will be a good drone. Because you are "different" you are in need of "help." You are unhappy because you "can't succeed." You need "help" with that.
edit on 19-2-2014 by FreeWillAnomaly because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join